Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
   Fiero's GM nationals at Carlisle PA chat. (Page 6)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 11 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11 
Previous Page | Next Page
Fiero's GM nationals at Carlisle PA chat. by pontiackid86
Started on: 05-10-2010 11:08 PM
Replies: 420
Last post by: Ridgelandbaseball on 07-06-2010 10:23 PM
Macs86GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2010 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTDirect Link to This Post
guess I'll have to see if it comes in the next week or so strange that those so far out got it before i did and i am right around the corner more or less.
IP: Logged
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2010 12:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Macs86GT:

guess I'll have to see if it comes in the next week or so strange that those so far out got it before i did and i am right around the corner more or less.

it is a conspericy.
Macs86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2010 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTDirect Link to This Post
It must be ,or my mail person has Alzheimer's

[This message has been edited by Macs86GT (edited 06-10-2010).]

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2010 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

It must be ,or my mail person has Alzheimer's

He stole it for himself. he has a fiero to

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2010 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
Yall are slackin carlisle is 2 weeks away and you let this thread go off page 1? Shame on you.
Macs86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2010 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

He stole it for himself. he has a fiero to

Rofl, I'll just mug him on Monday then. I'm sure they mail out the ones at a further distance first then start working back to those closer to the fairgrounds. Ill contact mafoa by Wends day if i don't see it in the mail by then. I know i beat the deadline by a wide margin and i used paypal to send the cash. Hopefully someone from mafoa sees this and confirms i'm registered. If i have to wait at the id10t gate i will just take my kickball and and leave.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2010 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Rofl, I'll just mug him on Monday then. I'm sure they mail out the ones at a further distance first then start working back to those closer to the fairgrounds. Ill contact mafoa by Wends day if i don't see it in the mail by then. I know i beat the deadline by a wide margin and i used paypal to send the cash. Hopefully someone from mafoa sees this and confirms i'm registered. If i have to wait at the id10t gate i will just take my kickball and and leave.

It will get to ya.. i did mine the day before regestration was up and got mine in the mail a few days ago.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2010 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
Slackin again :facepalm:
chrishahn87

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2010 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrishahn87Send a Private Message to chrishahn87Direct Link to This Post
Good to go.
As long as things dont break, it should be there!

Gotta do some cleaning now!
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2010 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by chrishahn87:

Good to go.
As long as things dont break, it should be there!
!

You jinx'ed yourself.

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 06-13-2010).]

Macs86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2010 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTDirect Link to This Post

You jinx'ed yourself.

Now he needs to wait for a full moon and sacrifice a monkey while dancing around the fiero.
PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2010 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Now he needs to wait for a full moon and sacrifice a monkey while dancing around the fiero.

Lol and also remember pontiackid breaks everything except his own fiero's

RULOOKIN

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2010 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
i need direction please PM me with them
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2010 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by RULOOKIN:

i need direction please PM me with them

To what the GM national's its in carlisle PA

amflyer

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2010 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for amflyerDirect Link to This Post
I don't know what you all are complaining about I am club President and I don't have my show material yet. I am not sweating it and if it does not show I will get it the day of the show. Do not contact MAFOA about it as Carlisle Events are totally in charge of mailing them to the people. Try Val Steward or Rick Marko at Carlisle Events thats all I can tell you but today is only the 12th and they have two weeks. RELAX!
grkboy707

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2010 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grkboy707Send a Private Message to grkboy707Direct Link to This Post
Oh man! I totally forgot to pre register! I could've got a big smokie with the $$$ I would've saved! mmmmmm big smokie....
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2010 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by grkboy707:

Oh man! I totally forgot to pre register! I could've got a big smokie with the $$$ I would've saved! mmmmmm big smokie....

Well im gettin a gatoraid and a bag of chips with the money i saved

regestering 2 fieros takes you places

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 06-13-2010).]

N3M3S1S

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2010 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SDirect Link to This Post

Well im gettin a gatoraid and a bag of chips with the money i saved

regestering 2 fieros takes you places

The plan is my dad and tom are riding in his truck to andrew's and I'm taking the formula. Then I guess from there he'll take your green one and my dad will ride to carlisle with me. That's what it is so far. Good?
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2010 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by N3M3S1S:

The plan is my dad and tom are riding in his truck to andrew's and I'm taking the formula. Then I guess from there he'll take your green one and my dad will ride to carlisle with me. That's what it is so far. Good?

Works for me.. you guys staying over andrew's?

chrishahn87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2010 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrishahn87Send a Private Message to chrishahn87Direct Link to This Post
I got my pre-registration papers and stickers from Carlisle about two weeks ago. Ive seen alot of other people on here that already got them. I guess I was one of the first batches that went out (maybe it helps that I am closer to Carlisle???)

As for jinxing myself, I am not really too much worried about that. P-kid, dont bother trying to throw out jinxes (you dont need any yourself). As for jinxes, I had to replace a rear balljoint (during the motor / trans swap) and the new rear balljoint that I got has FAR too much slop... gotta get another new one.....

And, today, I spent just over $400.00 on more parts (replacement parts) including that balljoint, an Interstate battery, and a 140 amp alternator. That should cure the jinx that you're throwing around. BTW..... you know you want me and my Fiero to be there!
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2010 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
There all ready just gota do up my headliners. carlisle here i come

And the tom mobiel for the day.. im affraid for this car on the way up there

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 06-14-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
Macs86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2010 07:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTDirect Link to This Post
i need to do my carpet, and I'm trying to find a reputable vendor for that. My headliner won't be in in time for carlisle though the backing board is solid but not in what i would like to re use shape as well as needing new visor hardware and visors in bound from mr mikes. I just hope i get em in enough time to have the mr mikes seats installed for the show.
N3M3S1S

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2010 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SDirect Link to This Post
Friday when I get paid the plan is tuneup, cleanup, and some other stuff. Oil needs changed, new plugs & wires, check the brakes out, make sure the tranny is still good, etc. I might even pester my dad to weld on my C6 exhaust tips and I'll install my passenger side subwoofer. Mainly though, I just wanna make sure it'll make it. =P

And I dunno if we're staying at Andrew's.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2010 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Friday when I get paid the plan is tuneup, cleanup, and some other stuff. Oil needs changed, new plugs & wires, check the brakes out, make sure the tranny is still good, etc. I might even pester my dad to weld on my C6 exhaust tips and I'll install my passenger side subwoofer. Mainly though, I just wanna make sure it'll make it. =P

And I dunno if we're staying at Andrew's.

Ya cuz tom wants to drive the green one the night before so he gets a good feel for it.

And i would wait to do the spark plugs after carlisle.

N3M3S1S

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2010 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SDirect Link to This Post
I guess it depends on if my dad is willing to crash there too.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2010 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

I guess it depends on if my dad is willing to crash there too.

Ehh i wouldent want to either. andrew has bad habbits.

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 06-14-2010).]

Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2010 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post

Ehh i wouldent want to either. andrew has bad habbits.

Like holding a job? Or paying for cars on his own?
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2010 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

Thats messed up

grkboy707

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2010 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grkboy707Send a Private Message to grkboy707Direct Link to This Post
D: So I might not have a pretty decklid by GMs. Good chance it'll be a spray paint job. This is why... $60 for the fiberglass to fill the holes (paid and done), $300 for the paint job (paying by Wednesday), and another $225 to strip the paint, remove the fiberglass and start all over. It bubbled. SO WHAT SHOULD I DO??? A) Pay the $225 for the body worker to fix the whole thing, but risk some fiberglass being there still and bubbling again. B) Buy a new decklid, forget the old one, and have it painted for <$100.
Either way, I lost about $500, which is awful being that I have negative money...
chrishahn87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2010 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrishahn87Send a Private Message to chrishahn87Direct Link to This Post

D: So I might not have a pretty decklid by GMs. Good chance it'll be a spray paint job. This is why... $60 for the fiberglass to fill the holes (paid and done), $300 for the paint job (paying by Wednesday), and another $225 to strip the paint, remove the fiberglass and start all over. It bubbled. SO WHAT SHOULD I DO??? A) Pay the $225 for the body worker to fix the whole thing, but risk some fiberglass being there still and bubbling again. B) Buy a new decklid, forget the old one, and have it painted for <$100.
Either way, I lost about $500, which is awful being that I have negative money...

Have the SMC ("fiberglass") sealed with the proper sealer before painting. The painter should have known that?
grkboy707

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2010 06:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for grkboy707Send a Private Message to grkboy707Direct Link to This Post
I'm sure he did. He's a good painter. So should I be worried if he doesn't use SMC to fill it again?
PFF
System Bot
chrishahn87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2010 06:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chrishahn87Send a Private Message to chrishahn87Direct Link to This Post

I'm sure he did. He's a good painter. So should I be worried if he doesn't use SMC to fill it again?

Yes.
My brother had a Fiero years ago (actually, I have it now, and its sitting in my back yard getting parted out) it had a new paint job on it when he bought it. And a few years after he bought it, the front hood started to bubble up in spots - it eventually got worse and worse. So, I started asking around, and the only person who actually gave a response *that knew what they were talking about* said that the hood is NOT made of FIBERGLASS - it is made of SMC. And if you sand the paint down to the SMC, then you must use an SMC sealer.... if you do not use the proper sealer, it will bubble up.

Now, I do not know if you have the exact same problem, or if that is what it was caused by..... I dont want to point fingers, I dont know your body man (shop), and I hope that they didnt just do a quickie in and out job! But, that is the response of a painter who I asked about my situation. I thought I would chime in and give a little info, or maybe an idea to take to the painter. I hope you are able to get everything fixed! Noone likes to have bad looking paint!

Also....
I am NOT a bodyman. I know almost nothing about bodywork. Just the little that I have actually dealt with (which isnt much). Dont take my word as the ONLY word!

-Chris
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2010 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
11 days left chaps.... get them fieros done.
Macs86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2010 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTDirect Link to This Post
I'm still waiting on mine to get out of paint, and my carpet and headliner wont be in until the week of carlisle no way I'm getting the car done in a day.
sabooo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2010 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for saboooSend a Private Message to saboooDirect Link to This Post
I'm ready to go other than last minute detailing. The wife's car wont be here and legal in time for this year, but hopefully for Lititz at least. Same as Freysinger - her Highlander for support and the orange Fiero.

We're coming out saturday morning and coming home saturday night. Anyone want to caravan from the Allentown area?

Cheers,
Rich
Back On Holiday

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2010 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayDirect Link to This Post

ROFLMAO

btw, I still have to fix the couch, I think the weight of NEMESIS and his GF on my couch popped the spring retainer off.... :Rolleyes:

Either that or there was a 3-some with tom I missed out on (reminds self to setup hidden cameras in living room next time)
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2010 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
Alright! Only 11 more days to go until PK is late for Carlisle! WOOHOO!!!
chrishahn87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2010 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrishahn87Send a Private Message to chrishahn87Direct Link to This Post

Hulki - I have atleast 3 maybe 4 Fieros leaving and going to Carlisle from my house... Wanna join the caravan saturday morning?

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2010 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Well i have 2 fiero comming to carlisle one of which is going to be the temporary tomskieze transporter for the day.

ConvictedRedneck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2010 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ConvictedRedneckSend a Private Message to ConvictedRedneckDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sabooo:

I'm ready to go other than last minute detailing. The wife's car wont be here and legal in time for this year, but hopefully for Lititz at least. Same as Freysinger - her Highlander for support and the orange Fiero.

We're coming out saturday morning and coming home saturday night. Anyone want to caravan from the Allentown area?

Cheers,
Rich

How early Saturday? I was going to try to get out there as early as possible since I have to register at the gate. Granted, this is all assuming the car is still behaving by that time!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 11 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock