Best source for parts in CANADA??? by longjonsilver
Started on: 05-03-2010 09:29 AM
Replies: 14
Last post by: pmbrunelle on 05-04-2010 04:08 PM
longjonsilver

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2010 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for longjonsilverClick Here to visit longjonsilver's HomePageSend a Private Message to longjonsilverDirect Link to This Post
what are your favorite sources for parts (new or used) in canada? i went to rockauto today and found that shipping to canada was as much as the part, and i know that UPS charges outrageous prices for customs brokerage (fed ex too?) many suppliers wont ship USPS so my source for parts is limited to what i can find here locally. any CANADIAN internet parts sources?
thanx
jon

------------------
I'm the original owner of a white ' 84 2M4 purchased Dec 10, 1983 from Pontiac. Always garaged, no rust, 4-wheel drifts are fun!

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
dguy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2010 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dguySend a Private Message to dguyDirect Link to This Post
Canadian online auto parts? Never found one...

Assuming that the location in your profile is accurate, you're about 2 1/2 hours from Burlington, VT. Have you considered having USA retailers ship items to the UPS Store in Burlington, then going for a drive? Fuel & border fees often beat the crap out of cross-border shipping rates, especially when dealing with bulky and/or heavy items.
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2010 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
AZ mecanique in Sabrevois has parts...... his member name here is big ben

------------------

http://www.blackwidowfiero.com

pmbrunelle

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2010 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pmbrunelleSend a Private Message to pmbrunelleDirect Link to This Post
Fiero Store ships with USPS.

I also ordered a clutch master cylinder from rockauto with USPS.

[This message has been edited by pmbrunelle (edited 05-03-2010).]

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2010 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pmbrunelle:

Fiero Store ships with USPS.

TRUE they ship USPS I ordered 4 markers the box weighed under 1 pound they charged me $35 USD for shipping
pmbrunelle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2010 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pmbrunelleSend a Private Message to pmbrunelleDirect Link to This Post
If I buy from them, I buy $500 at a time, so it costs less in shipping than many small orders.
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2010 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pmbrunelle:

If I buy from them, I buy $500 at a time, so it costs less in shipping than many small orders.

I was at $799.50 for 10 marker kits plus shipping which was 185$... I really dont see how you could get a special shipping cost at $500 ??

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 05-03-2010).]

pmbrunelle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2010 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pmbrunelleSend a Private Message to pmbrunelleDirect Link to This Post
I mean that a $70 shipping is 14% of $500 of parts, but 100% of $70 of parts.
Dave E Bouy

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2010 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave E BouySend a Private Message to Dave E BouyDirect Link to This Post
I'm lucky! I live 10 minutes from the border so 99% of my stuff comes from the states. i assume that there would be a UPS in one of those small towns just over the border from where you are. Try having stuff shipped to one of those. You'll save a bundle and that leaves more $$$$ for the Fiero.

Dave
nosaint

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2010 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosaintSend a Private Message to nosaintDirect Link to This Post
the true answer is there is no good place...pick your junk and other Fiero owners are your best bet.
Newbfiero

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2010 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NewbfieroSend a Private Message to NewbfieroDirect Link to This Post
For me ! being far abit from the border I had to supply myseft whit some of my own that am still not done organized but getting there slowly .
I got this two week ago on kijiji for $850 ,
But beside all this Am still shopping at Fierostore and the mall here on pff if am missing something ..

Picture of some I bought on kijiji of a 3 hours away drive and took me a 26 foot rental truck and trailer to bring it home and some I had to give it away to a freind of mine that on the forum here cause I couldn,t haul it all .

Rob

That should last me a week of fiero drivng for parts I think

[This message has been edited by Newbfiero (edited 05-03-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
longjonsilver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2010 08:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for longjonsilverClick Here to visit longjonsilver's HomePageSend a Private Message to longjonsilverDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

TRUE they ship USPS I ordered 4 markers the box weighed under 1 pound they charged me $35 USD for shipping

dont get me started on the fiero store. i bot 60$ worth of poly, and i figured that 20$ shipping was worth it, then UPS tacked on 30$ of customs brokerage to the bill ( and 9$ for ottawa). 30$ FOR CUSTOMS BROKERAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! highway robbery, ill never do business with UPS again, and ill try to find another source before ill buy from the fiero store.

nosaint

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2010 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nosaintSend a Private Message to nosaintDirect Link to This Post
You just got burned by the brown? I learned that lesson years ago....

Most US guys love the site of the UPS truck pulling up, I cringe and cuss a few bad words and reach deep for my wallet. One guy though he would do me a favor and use UPS instead of mail like I asked. That was a $45 bonus.

Sucks that you have to email every US ebay seller and ask for usps.

There are a few tricks to saving a bit on UPS. Cant remember all the details but i think it was if it was shipped air or expedited and the value was less than a certain amount. Just email those greedy bastards to get the correct details.
------------------
1986 Fiero GT-T intercooled turbo
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/079710.html

[This message has been edited by nosaint (edited 05-04-2010).]

fcsmls

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2010 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fcsmlsSend a Private Message to fcsmlsDirect Link to This Post
Agree -- brokerage fees suck.

But I have a friend who lives just over the border, which also significantly reduces shipping costs. Cannot believe how much they charge to ship to Canada. You guys in the US have a bargoon when it comes to shipping costs.

Check out Salmon Fireos in Brockville, ON - he has a graveyard of Fiero's for parts http://web.ripnet.com/~fieroparts/fiero_parts.htm

Kurt
pmbrunelle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2010 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pmbrunelleSend a Private Message to pmbrunelleDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fcsmls:
Agree -- brokerage fees suck.

But I have a friend who lives just over the border, which also significantly reduces shipping costs. Cannot believe how much they charge to ship to Canada. You guys in the US have a bargoon when it comes to shipping costs.

Check out Salmon Fireos in Brockville, ON - he has a graveyard of Fiero's for parts http://web.ripnet.com/~fieroparts/fiero_parts.htm
Kurt

And it's not just shipping, but we get screwed for parts here as well.

I walked into my local parts store to buy a 1st gen Fiero clutch master cylinder. They wanted $180 Canadian.

Autozone across the border in Plattsburgh, NY: $30 US IIRC. I made a 4-hour total road trip out of it.

Oh yeah, I HATE UPS.

Hehe it was quite the adventure driving my Fiero clutchless from Montreal down to Plattsburgh, (it's my only car)

[This message has been edited by pmbrunelle (edited 05-04-2010).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock