Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  An easier way to visualize your concepts!

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

An easier way to visualize your concepts! by hinesb1890
Started on: 04-17-2010 05:22 PM
Replies: 23
Last post by: Midnight on 07-12-2010 11:13 AM
hinesb1890

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2010 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hinesb1890Click Here to visit hinesb1890's HomePageSend a Private Message to hinesb1890Direct Link to This Post
I know for myself I'm not good enough with photoshop to interpret all the ideas I have going on in my head. At the same time its not so easy and can be rather tedious to draw a fiero with correct proportions and such. Therefore I decided to create some templates you can just print up so you can just draw your ideas right on the car! I just used a picture of my car so I didn't do a fastback model, however the on the last one you can just draw the fastback in. If anyone has ideas on how to improve these or can think of a better angle let me know!

blank notchie w/ spoiler:

blank notchie w/out spoiler:

blank fastback

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
DougC

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2010 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DougCSend a Private Message to DougCDirect Link to This Post
Nice work! Been wanting something like this, but I'm lazy and not too good with photoshop either so I didn't get around to even trying
FIEROFLYER

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 180
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2010 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYERDirect Link to This Post
Very nice, Thanks Dan
faaaaq

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2010 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for faaaaqSend a Private Message to faaaaqDirect Link to This Post
if anyone wants to see what different rims look like on their car, or what their car would look like in a different color scheme, ill do it in photoshop for free.

good work tho hines, i bet this will be very helpful to many people
FirstDrCar

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2010 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirstDrCarSend a Private Message to FirstDrCarDirect Link to This Post
Sweet! What a great idea! Thanks!
Philero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2010 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhileroSend a Private Message to PhileroDirect Link to This Post
What an awesome idea! Thanks! + for you!

------------------
Phil
Always trying to create something new!
'88 SE
'86 GT
'87 GT Extreme body mod and 2.8L Turbo Propane powered (in the garage and getting closer to being completed)

hinesb1890

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2010 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hinesb1890Click Here to visit hinesb1890's HomePageSend a Private Message to hinesb1890Direct Link to This Post
Thanks guys I hope it helps! Feel free to post up what you come up with, I'm interested to see some ideas...

------------------

DougC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2010 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DougCSend a Private Message to DougCDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by faaaaq:

if anyone wants to see what different rims look like on their car, or what their car would look like in a different color scheme, ill do it in photoshop for free.

good work tho hines, i bet this will be very helpful to many people

Thanks for offering, it's good to have options to bring any and all ideas to light regarding our little love/hate machines
faaaaq

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2010 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for faaaaqSend a Private Message to faaaaqDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DougC:

Thanks for offering, it's good to have options to bring any and all ideas to light regarding our little love/hate machines

i really enjoy using photoshop, i just lack creativity lol. so every now and then i offer to do things for people, like make graphics or edit photos and whatnot. ive got a pretty simple and quick method for swapping rims now, since ive been doing it a lot to see what different rims look like on a fiero. its not a secret technique or anything lol. and changing colors is pretty easy too, but many people dont have or know how to use photoshop.

(right now im trying to figure out how to access all the awesome new features of Photoshop CS5, but, since it doesnt get released for around a month, there are no guides or instructions )
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2010 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
Can you do it with the front bumpers and a rear 3/4 shot?
hinesb1890

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2010 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hinesb1890Click Here to visit hinesb1890's HomePageSend a Private Message to hinesb1890Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart:

Can you do it with the front bumpers and a rear 3/4 shot?

Yea not sure what you mean by rear 3/4 shot but I can add the bumpers, I wont be able to get to it til tomorrow though because I got a final to study for

------------------

PFF
System Bot
grkboy707

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2010 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grkboy707Send a Private Message to grkboy707Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by hinesb1890:

Yea not sure what you mean by rear 3/4 shot but I can add the bumpers, I wont be able to get to it til tomorrow though because I got a final to study for

That'd be fantastic! Would you also be able to put some wheels on it? Lace preferably
hinesb1890

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hinesb1890Click Here to visit hinesb1890's HomePageSend a Private Message to hinesb1890Direct Link to This Post
Sorry for the super late response, i hope these work for you, let me know if you want them tweaked!

w/ scoop

w/out scoop

------------------

Hockaday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post
have a bumper pad?
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
Kudos to you (and a positive rating) for taking the time to post the sketches.

When I designed the body mods for my Fiero, I took a couple photos of it, and traced the outlines (using carbon paper) onto a blank sheet pf paper. Then I used the copy machine at work to make a bunch of duplicates, and doodled away.

[This message has been edited by Blacktree (edited 05-20-2010).]

Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2010 06:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
Bump great idea getting my name in the thread so i can find this later on.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post05-21-2010 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
That is all too true. ^^^^^^

Very nice. I gave you a positive rating for contributing to our disese.
hinesb1890

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2010 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hinesb1890Click Here to visit hinesb1890's HomePageSend a Private Message to hinesb1890Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hockaday:

have a bumper pad?

I cant say I have any good reference pictures to do it, if you have a picture of one at a similar angle I can give it a shot... And thanks for the appreciation y'all

------------------

Kolskeggr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2010 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KolskeggrSend a Private Message to KolskeggrDirect Link to This Post
big +, thanks man! This is awesome
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2010 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hinesb1890:

JesseM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2010 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JesseMSend a Private Message to JesseMDirect Link to This Post
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/081319.html

:[

Edit: Well its obvious why your thread got more attention then mine did lol, but great minds think alike?

[This message has been edited by JesseM (edited 06-16-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
HausFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2010 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HausFieroSend a Private Message to HausFieroDirect Link to This Post
Great idea! TY!!!
Fieroseverywhere

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2010 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroseverywhereSend a Private Message to FieroseverywhereDirect Link to This Post
Just a friendly bump for a great idea. Excellant work!

I don't suppose there is a way you can do straight on front and back views? I'd love to play specifically with front and rear bumpers. Either way great work and thanks for sharing.
Midnight

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2010 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidnightSend a Private Message to MidnightDirect Link to This Post
Nice.. I do this when I build my custom guitars. Heres one I currently designed. WIP

[This message has been edited by Midnight (edited 07-12-2010).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock