Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Any Interest If i made some replacement pieces for the console skeleton?

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Any Interest If i made some replacement pieces for the console skeleton? by mattwa
Started on: 04-01-2010 01:02 AM
Replies: 7
Last post by: mattwa on 08-20-2010 01:41 AM
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2010 01:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
This is just an idea in the early phase, so don't get all mad if I don't go through with it. Would there be any interest if I made replacement pieces for the center console skeleton out of metal? I thought about doing the whole thing, but that's just way too much work. I thought about making replacement pieces for the areas that normally break, like where the ash tray lights are and the screw holes for the shifter trim piece. I could make the replacement piece and have it screw or bolt in.
What do you guys think? If the ideas are stupid, hey at least I'm trying to help the community. If you have any other things you would like made out of metal like me know (smaller things please...)
Thanks
Matt

[This message has been edited by mattwa (edited 08-20-2010).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Mike Gonzalez

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 130
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2010 01:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike GonzalezSend a Private Message to Mike GonzalezDirect Link to This Post
There was a lot of interest for aluminum console skeletons. I have a guy here who has jigs and fixtures already made up for the weak points like you described. Someday we might be able to get him to dig the jigs out and make some, but so far he has not made any progress.
mattwa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2010 01:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mike Gonzalez:

There was a lot of interest for aluminum console skeletons. I have a guy here who has jigs and fixtures already made up for the weak points like you described. Someday we might be able to get him to dig the jigs out and make some, but so far he has not made any progress.

I read about that, I thought it died off a while ago. If that person is no longer interested, maybe he can sell the jigs?
He has the funds and material to make jigs for the whole thing, I really can't make the whole thing right now. If I had those jigs, maybe.

[This message has been edited by mattwa (edited 04-01-2010).]

Mike Gonzalez

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 130
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2010 02:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike GonzalezSend a Private Message to Mike GonzalezDirect Link to This Post
He keeps saying he is going to get it going again, also has low profile headlight bucket jigs. He has had a job change and other priorities I guess. I think he is getting settled in again, but I'm not holding my breath he will make any. I was supposed to do all the cutouts on my CNC mill and the give them bact to him ti finish on his jigs. If you have access to tooling to make them I think they would sell. Another thing we were going to do was a stereo/hvac swap panel for the stereo console.
Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2010 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugDirect Link to This Post
I'm sure that if someone could provide either reinforcement sections or complete replacement skeletons that they would sell. The plastic isn't getting any younger.

I hope you do make these.

Nolan
1ofakind

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2010 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1ofakindSend a Private Message to 1ofakindDirect Link to This Post
Currently working on replacing the plastic console skeleton. See photos, will send more as I progress.
http://www.facebook.com/alb...4472295&l=1dc1f3991b

------------------
"Blessed are the cracked, for they shall let in the light."

dobey

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post05-06-2010 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyDirect Link to This Post
Could you post the pictures from the original post with PIP or something? The ones on photobucket are apparently gone now.
mattwa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2010 01:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
Bump, was thinking about this idea again. Right now, i can't weld aluminum, but i can make one (or try) out of steel.

[This message has been edited by mattwa (edited 08-20-2010).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock