Started on: 03-01-2010 10:00 AM
Replies: 17
Last post by: JMergen on 11-09-2010 10:08 PM
Bloozberry

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2010 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryDirect Link to This Post
OK, so I was flipping through some old car magazines the other night and came across a couple old advertisements that had Fieros in them. That got me wondering if anybody had done a thread on these yet so I searched under every conceivable topic and came up empty-handed. The closest I got was one thread on Fieros in Movies, and another on Fieros in Commercials. Both of these covered video though, not still pics. So, at the risk of starting something that's already been done, I offer this thread as a repository for pictures of Fiero's in Advertisements. I'll open 'er up with a bunch I've come across over the years. They're all resized in an attempt to get them to display on PFF, so if anybody wants to have a closer look at some in higher resolution, just PM me with your email address and I'll send you the better copy. I invite everyone to post their own findings as well... just add a caption saying where you found it. Enjoy!

Road & Track Sept 84

Motor Trend June 85

Road & Track Oct 85

Car & Driver Nov 85

Motor Trend Apr 86

Road & Track Jun 86

[This message has been edited by Bloozberry (edited 02-19-2011).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2010 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryDirect Link to This Post
Here's couple obscure ones:

Motor Trend Apr 86

Road & Track Oct 85

Sports Car Graphic Sep 84

[This message has been edited by Bloozberry (edited 02-19-2011).]

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 206
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2010 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadDirect Link to This Post
Sherwin-Williams paint used a Fiero in one of their paint brochures within the last 10 years, sorry, no pic to post, if I can find the literature I will scan it and e-mail it to you.

Joe

Oh, Good idea for a thread!
skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2010 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post
That last one is kind of funny...

We're still running Hellas, Konis... Turbocharging.

Not much has changed in 25 years.
86fierofun

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2010 12:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bloozberry:

I want those rims!!!!!

larini74

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2010 07:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for larini74Click Here to visit larini74's HomePageSend a Private Message to larini74Direct Link to This Post
I had those rims on my first Fiero (85 SE 2m6) they were called Vetter' s, I forget who made them.....
theBDub

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2010 01:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post
I asked about the advertisement in another thread here and had a few awesome responses.

Enjoy!

Originally posted by shawnk:

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

Ok, so I was bored this morning I fired up Photoshop and "re-created" the poster. The only High-Resolution I could find of Fiero from this angle, was one of Tyler's Toy, and just "painted" it red. The major drawback is that the rims are not stock. Other than that, I think it came out pretty good.

It was time consuming to say the least! Trying to find the correct fonts, as well as all of the logo's for GM, the seat belt logo, and the Pontiac Logo. The most time consuming part is I could not find the "Pontiac" logo in the top right ANYWHERE, except on the original posters above. I had to fix that one almost pixel by pixel.

Hopefully someone will find it of use.

Here is the "forum friendly version"

The larger version is below:

The image is 1200 x 1569 saved as .png format
EDIT:

Just for the heck of it, I uploaded a version of Tyler's Toy with the REAL paint job

Originally posted by faaaaq:

Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2010 07:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for posting those BDub!
NCTyphoonKid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2010 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NCTyphoonKidSend a Private Message to NCTyphoonKidDirect Link to This Post
Can anybody get me a better picture of the gold SE?I want to make a poster to display at car shows and need a better quality picture.Also it is the fourth picture down from Bloozberry's post
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2010 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryDirect Link to This Post
I can scan it in at a higher resolution and send it to your private email account later today.
NCTyphoonKid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2010 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NCTyphoonKidSend a Private Message to NCTyphoonKidDirect Link to This Post

I can scan it in at a higher resolution and send it to your private email account later today.

Thanks I appreciate it
Korey
PFF
System Bot
NCTyphoonKid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2010 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NCTyphoonKidSend a Private Message to NCTyphoonKidDirect Link to This Post
Bloozberry I was wondering if you scanned the pic for me?Thanks in advance
Korey
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2010 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryDirect Link to This Post
It's coming... it's just taking me a little longer to locate the magazine it was in... you know how it is... you start looking through the old mags and get caught up reading the interesting articles and it ends up taking you three times longer than you thought?
NCTyphoonKid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2010 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NCTyphoonKidSend a Private Message to NCTyphoonKidDirect Link to This Post

It's coming... it's just taking me a little longer to locate the magazine it was in... you know how it is... you start looking through the old mags and get caught up reading the interesting articles and it ends up taking you three times longer than you thought?

I know what you mean I've got a huge stack of old magazines from the 80's and early 90's
stumpkin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2010 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stumpkinSend a Private Message to stumpkinDirect Link to This Post
First time posting a picture so lets see if I figgured it out:

Old Nair Hair Remover Ad Giving A Fiero Away Contest:

http://myfiero.com/uploads/23977_.jpg

Took 2 edits still cant get picture to show however link seems to work. I have many other ads but up load tells me they are to big.
------------------
1986 Red s/e 2m6 5-sp, & 2006 Red Solstice 5-sp

[This message has been edited by stumpkin (edited 11-08-2010).]

Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2010 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryDirect Link to This Post
Email sent.
NCTyphoonKid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2010 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NCTyphoonKidSend a Private Message to NCTyphoonKidDirect Link to This Post

Email sent.

Thanks Bloozberry the ad looks great.
Korey
JMergen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2010 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JMergenSend a Private Message to JMergenDirect Link to This Post

From the local paint shop.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock