Just screwing around..... by Pete Matos
Started on: 02-26-2010 04:34 PM
Replies: 40
Last post by: Rolling Thunder on 05-25-2010 09:00 PM
Pete Matos

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2010 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys,
I was just out in the shop messing with my recently completed cnc milling machine and i thought it was prime time for some fiero content. I whipped this emblem up real quick and cut it on the mill. It is a .005 relief carving of the famous emblem in 1/4 inch aluminum. I had some of the settings less than ideal so it took quite a few hours to run but it came out fine. I can also cut this as a line drawing and have done so in another small piece of 1/4 inch. This is starting to get fun!!! hope you like it, still gotta paint it and polish the aluminum. I gave it a slight brushed finish for the pics tho... peace

Pete Matos
865-363-9218
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2010 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosDirect Link to This Post
Oh sorry for the grainy close ups, camera phone pics... that thing is like 2.5" tall....hope you like it..
RockyBalboaLives

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2010 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RockyBalboaLivesSend a Private Message to RockyBalboaLivesDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pete Matos:

Oh sorry for the grainy close ups, camera phone pics... that thing is like 2.5" tall....hope you like it..

Yesssss Yessss I do like it, nice!!!

Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2010 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Rocky, appreciate it.... tell adrian about it and see if she likes it!! m sorry could'nt resist... peace

Pete
Ruffy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2010 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RuffySend a Private Message to RuffyDirect Link to This Post
Dude! Name your price please???
vrossiter

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2010 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vrossiterSend a Private Message to vrossiterDirect Link to This Post
3 words......W....O.....W.
Well, you get the idea!

Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2010 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosDirect Link to This Post
Wow man, name my price really?!! I guess you guys like the emblem.... Nice thing with CNC is that once you make one, making more is a breeze.... I was trying to come up with some cool ideas for the car using the cnc mill and I am gonna hafta think about what I can make. If you guys like these I could make more of course. My plan was to highly polish the aluminum high spots and then paint it with some enamel in the low spots wiping away the high polished spots and then putting it on the car somewhere.... I was also thinking it would be cool to machine this into the intake of my 3800 sc supercharger body somewhere. I was also playing with the Fiero text logo to see what I can do with it...... right now I gotta get my clutch master and slave replaced so I can rely on this amazing car to get me around... would there be any interest in these seriously? peace

Pete
Jonesy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2010 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyDirect Link to This Post
Dude with that CNC machine theres all kinds of stuff you could make that the people here would buy.. hood emblems, quater panel emblems, intake manifold emblems, or even custom ones.

But as a start, nice shiny new aluminum hood emblems would be pretty sweet!

You could have a nice little side internet buisness there with that machine man, make some more fiero stuff and show the members here, and if your work is good, im betting you'll have a bunch of buyers before you know it.

First get a better camera and take some better pictures so people can get a real good look at the quality of your work.

[This message has been edited by Jonesy (edited 02-26-2010).]

Ruffy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2010 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RuffySend a Private Message to RuffyDirect Link to This Post
Well the only thing is to put the sizes you can make plus stainles would be sweet. I'm thinking if you made one the size as the hood emblem they should go for 20 or so
Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2010 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosDirect Link to This Post
Hood emblems huh.... I suppose I would make them from like 1/8" blanks and then you would hafta bend them slightly in the middle to fit the hood no? are the factory ones that way, mine is missing so I just cannot say...

The machine is more than capable of making some cool stuff, I make parts for airguns with it and i recently completed my own homebuilt Competition air rifle... It has a custom sidewheel scope with a cnc machined sidewheel on it. Here is a pic or two.... peace

bummer man,
tried to post pics and it keeps saying the connection was reset by host? what gives? peace
Ruffy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2010 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RuffySend a Private Message to RuffyDirect Link to This Post
Yea man if you have a machine to work with then you can get money in your wallet really fast. See I have a very creative mind and when I seen that I'm like wow. You could make fiero emblems for dashes as well. I would like to type more but I'm doing it all from my cell and it sucks lol.
PFF
System Bot
Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2010 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosDirect Link to This Post
another try,,,,

here ya go...
RockyBalboaLives

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2010 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RockyBalboaLivesSend a Private Message to RockyBalboaLivesDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ruffy:

I would like to type more but I'm doing it all from my cell and it sucks lol.

You have internet access in a jail cell? You must have worked for the government and committed some kind of white collar crime? .. BTW Pete, put me down for one of those hood ornaments if you decide to sell em..

Ruffy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2010 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RuffySend a Private Message to RuffyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RockyBalboaLives:

You have internet access in a jail cell? You must have worked for the government and committed some kind of white collar crime? .. BTW Pete, put me down for one of those hood ornaments if you decide to sell em..

Lol not a jail cell a cell phone you nub hahahahahaa. Its all good humor.
Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2010 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosDirect Link to This Post
mhaaaaa nub....!!
thumper_64735

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2010 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thumper_64735Send a Private Message to thumper_64735Direct Link to This Post
I'd be really interested in a few of these as well. Let me know once you decide a price, and I will place a deposit on them. Thanks
Ruffy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2010 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RuffySend a Private Message to RuffyDirect Link to This Post
see im always right lol. so far how many requests do you have now 3-5? not including emails you prolly got. you can make a nice dash pad one as well that has fiero,fiero gt, fiero 3100, fiero 3400, fiero 3.8 supercharged. there is really no end to this. if i had that machine i could retire in a month no joke. i think it would set a fiero off as well. ive got a ton of ideas if your interested email me
grkboy707

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2010 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grkboy707Send a Private Message to grkboy707Direct Link to This Post
I would be extremely interested if you make it a good hood emblem. Also, a hood emblem would go nice with some sail panel emblems Even if the hood doesn't work out, I'd still like one just to have. It looks amazing! If you sell ythese for $20, as said by the guy a few posts up, I'm sure you'd be selling them as fast as you can make em.
DougC

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2010 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DougCSend a Private Message to DougCDirect Link to This Post
I'm thinking a nice decent sized one of those, but recessed into the dash... Hm.

Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2010 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosDirect Link to This Post
Well guys,
I really did not post this to try to sell them. I built this machine over nearly two years time and I have now learned how to use it. I certainly would not mind making a few bucks with it. I think that it would be hard to make them for $20.00 each, the machine runs for some time to get that fine engraving inside. There are other ways to do things tho and I have some ideas. I just spent a lot of time talking to a few nice fellows on here on the phone and got some ideas. Lemme think this thru and I might surprise you with some cool items for our favorite car.... The machine is very accurate and cuts beautiful with full flood coolant and a high speed spindle so it is more than capable of machining some rather complex parts in full 3d. However the operator is still learning how to program the 3d stuff. This was 2.5D of course and is realtively easy to do. My wife is maybe getting a Fiero GT this weekend if I can make a decent deal on the car and I am sure it will need stuff and I KNOW I am gonna be needing stuff for my fiero so this might be a way to help us get what we want for our new toys... Thanks for all the kind words and again, let me see what I can come up with... peace

Pete

grkboy707

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2010 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grkboy707Send a Private Message to grkboy707Direct Link to This Post
Any updates Pete? I would love to have this!
PFF
System Bot
Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2010 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosDirect Link to This Post
Yeah man, still working on some ideas. If you have anything specific in mind gimme an email at Matospeter@charter.net I just bought some new tooling for my milling machine and it is less than desireable, the runout is pretty bad and I am gonna be sending it back asap. I have found another supplier that sells some very nice tooling.... albeit it is a little more expensive but it will be worth it for a great runout figure on the smaller engraving cutters I am using.... thanks for your interest peace

Pete
865-363-9218

qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2010 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaDirect Link to This Post
Dude, get us some price's and get ready for some work. I have a few things I could use. Looking at a 3.4 DOHC emblem, and more..........

Rob

------------------

88 Coupe, CJB T-TOP, 1996 3.4 DOHC and a GT clip

Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2010 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosDirect Link to This Post
Wow man, as I said before I really did not put these pics here to sell anything but it seems like a lot of you like what you see... I am gonna try to get something made to post that I think I could make reasonably priced. Then I will see what you think about it and maybe I will make a bunch.... This one is nice but it is outta 1/4 inch aluminum. I have a bunch of 1/4 inch stuff laying around here and I could make a bunch of these easily but not sure what you would do with them that thick... Of course I could mill it down and make a 1/8 inch thick one but we will see.... Thanks guys and please be patient, I have a fulltime job and kids and everything else as I am sure a lot of you do as well... time is priceless!!! peace

Pete
grkboy707

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2010 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for grkboy707Send a Private Message to grkboy707Direct Link to This Post
So... updates?
katore8105

Feedback score:    (28)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2010 09:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for katore8105Click Here to visit katore8105's HomePageSend a Private Message to katore8105Direct Link to This Post
Shoot man, we would love you if you started producing emblems for the community. Its your calling to serve pff!
motoracer838

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2010 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Direct Link to This Post

Well guys,
I built this machine over nearly two years time.

Pete

Did you say built??? Ok now I'm impressed (oh yeah, I'm hard to impress), tell / show us this.

Cheers Beers n Gearz. Joe

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post03-13-2010 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post

The machine is more than capable of making some cool stuff, I make parts for airguns with it and i recently completed my own homebuilt Competition air rifle... It has a custom sidewheel scope with a cnc machined sidewheel on it.

More pics of the air gun! I absolutely love cool projects.
hye_4_life

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2010 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hye_4_lifeSend a Private Message to hye_4_lifeDirect Link to This Post
That's perfect! I just had an idea the other day to make that exact piece and put them on the lower fender where newer GM cars have that little GM badge. But I don't have a CNC, so when are you going to sell these?
Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2010 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosDirect Link to This Post
Hey thanks guys,
yeah as I said I did build this machine over about a year and a half time period. It has taken no small amount of learning to be able to use it and NO small amount of money to build it but it is a very nice machine all servo driven closed loop cnc with a belt driven high speed spindle and quick change tooling. I am still working on these as a three piece package two small ones for the side windows or wherever you want to stick them and one that I am trying to get to fit exactly into the stock nose location. This is gonna take a little while to get done but I am trying to do the computer work in my spare time on this as well as other projects.

The airgun was a long term project for me and is a high pressure pcp pre charged pneumatic air rifle. It is a competition rifle that shoots 10.5 grain precision lead pellets at around 900 fps. It can of course shoot faster than that but for precision 50 -60 yard competition shooting that is about optimum. IT is charged with a firefighter scba tank that holds 4500 psi. The gun is filled to 3000psi with a regulator and then filled gun will fire around 65 consistent shots until it needs refilled./ It only takes about five seconds to refill it from the tank. I have been shooting Field Target Competition for many years now and had always wanted to build my own rifle. This gun has not yet been shot in a competition but it will probably be this year. I just completed it this past fall and was not ready for the Nationals when it arrived so I had to shoot another rifle I have. It does seem to exhibit very good accuracy comparable to my other competition rifle that was manufactured. THese rifles are super cool, very quiet, and can be shot in the house!! I shoot across my living room and into my two car garage. It is around twenty yards and I shoot at tiny dots I make with a sharpie marker point on my target backer paper. Check out this link for more information....

http://www.network54.com/Forum/451309/

I just got my new custom wheels in today and I gotta polish the chrome and install them on the car so I will be playin with the fiero tonight..... I hope to be able to offer these items to you guys soon.... Not trying to be a smartass but good things come to those who wait right!!! hahah

Peace

grkboy707

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2010 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grkboy707Send a Private Message to grkboy707Direct Link to This Post
Man, you can't just leave us hangin here on such a cool product! Any more progress?
PFF
System Bot
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2010 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post
Hey PEte, nice work! Its funny I stumbled upon this, I'm a freshman mech engineering major and right now we are doing g-code on the CNC, our next project is to mill anything to an aluminum plate that we want. Guess what I'm doing? A Fiero emblem lol. I'm guessing you drew yours up in Mastercam or inventor right? This is gonna be a pain in the ass to do with AutoCAD and g-code, but its gonna be worth it in the end!

Have fun wit the CNC!

Tom.
grkboy707

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2010 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for grkboy707Send a Private Message to grkboy707Direct Link to This Post
Well...?
Rck152

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2010 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rck152Send a Private Message to Rck152Direct Link to This Post
would make really cool key fobs for owners too. wouldn't mind having a few assorted sizes for different projects on my GT.
email or pm if you decide to sell them plz.

------------------
Robb.

DJErikd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DJErikdSend a Private Message to DJErikdDirect Link to This Post
I'd go for a hood ornament and sail panel logos. How about custom radio/ac/vent aux-gauge bezels?
DJErikd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DJErikdSend a Private Message to DJErikdDirect Link to This Post

DJErikd

140 posts
Member since Apr 2010
I'd go for a hood ornament and sail panel logos. How about custom radio/ac/vent aux-gauge bezels?
grkboy707

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grkboy707Send a Private Message to grkboy707Direct Link to This Post
So Pete, are you gonna do it or what? I need to know if I should hold off for this, or do some work to get a Solstice emblem on my sail panel.
Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosDirect Link to This Post
Grkboy,
Funny you should ask again, I just finished posting a thread in the Mall section where I am trying to sell some hood ornament sized Fiero GT emblems in an effort to help raise funds for the medical bills that have been piling up for our good friend Rob Finley. He was in a VERY serious accident while attempting to tow a pair of fieros to his shop for a member of our local fiero club. I am gonna machine maybe three or four of these nice emblems for free, including the aluminum, pay for the shipping to the buyer, and do all the work myself. All one would have to do to get one is send a paypal to the Rob finley emergency fund that has been setup. I am going to be machining them over the next week and hope to have them ready to ship soon thereafter. I am asking that the buyer send $35-$40.00 to that account in exchange for one emblem. I am making absolutely Zero dollars on the parts and as I said I am covering the shipping myself. This is the only way that I can help Rob who I just recently met and was so kind to me. I just hope his health improves quickly so he can get back into the fiero world and back to his old self again. If you are interested I will not require any money to be sent until I have parts ready to ship. I will post pictures and progress of the project to that thread in the mall. I think it is called CNC machined Fiero emblems for sale..... for Robert...... So far it has not seemed to meet with the response that I had hoped but I do have a couple nice fellows that have said they want one when they are ready. This is an nice way for you to get the emblem you have been asking about and help a fellow Fiero nutball all at the same time..... peace

Pete
865-363-9218

Rolling Thunder

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rolling ThunderSend a Private Message to Rolling ThunderDirect Link to This Post
Are you willing to do one-off custom stuff? Would you like projection view drawings, FeatureCAM files, Solidworks files...?
Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosDirect Link to This Post
Again, I did not post this to drum up business. I would however do some small parts runs to make a few extra bucks to help me fix up my fiero. If you have something specfic a simple DXF file would be just fine and I will do the cam work so I can control the way my machine runs the part..... What did you have in mind? peace

Pete
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock