Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Round-Up Time in San Antonio, TX !! (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
Previous Page | Next Page
Round-Up Time in San Antonio, TX !! by revin
Started on: 02-09-2010 10:41 AM
Replies: 483
Last post by: josef644 on 05-30-2010 08:31 PM
Frizlefrak

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2010 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by katatak:

Planning on bringing the XTC if I can get the 4.9 swap done in time and the Formula. I think Dan aka Frizlefrak is thinking about it too. Not sure if he'll bring the 4.9 Coupe or his GT. I think he should bring both!!!!!!

Pat....will be bringing the white GT. By April we're gonna want A/C for the trip, and the coupe ain't got it. Should be a fun trip....ran it past the wife and she's excited about the trip. I gotta get some hides put on the car before the trip...plenty of tread left, but I'm seeing the first signs of dry rot. Need to drive the thing more LOL. Other than that, it's gas and go!
IP: Logged
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2010 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
edited for Blakey

--------^^^^^^^^^---------------^^^^^^^^^^^-------------
BUMP BUMP

only biger!!

[This message has been edited by revin (edited 02-15-2010).]

CenTexIndy

Feedback score:    (32)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2010 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CenTexIndySend a Private Message to CenTexIndyDirect Link to This Post
As soon as I know the date I can see if I will be able to make it or not.
GS Jon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2010 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GS JonClick Here to visit GS Jon's HomePageSend a Private Message to GS JonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by revin:

<snip>Boobie Picture<snip>

Speaking of looking at something only once, did you happen to see my pm to you in reagards to the hardtop?

[This message has been edited by GS Jon (edited 02-15-2010).]

katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2010 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Frizlefrak:

Pat....will be bringing the white GT. By April we're gonna want A/C for the trip, and the coupe ain't got it. Should be a fun trip....ran it past the wife and she's excited about the trip. I gotta get some hides put on the car before the trip...plenty of tread left, but I'm seeing the first signs of dry rot. Need to drive the thing more LOL. Other than that, it's gas and go!

I'm definitely going - taking the Formula for sure. Chris may follow along in the XTC if it's ready for a trip. I need to do a few things to the Formula but nothing major - Mostly door hinges and rollers and outer dew wipes - maybe a major cleaning too!

Pat
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2010 08:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
hate to be a prude boys... but you have just made it impossible for me to click on page two of this thread from work.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2010 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by blakeinspace:

hate to be a prude boys... but you have just made it impossible for me to click on page two of this thread from work.

Darn that AT&T.... now I have another reason to be ticked off at them.
fierocarparts

Feedback score:    (66)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2010 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsDirect Link to This Post
I guess we will see a posting linking this to events?
Revin, if you have a spare weekend- http://txshowcar.com/
I think there is going to be a Yellow V-8 Fiero there.

------------------
Life is just SO much better when you own AND drive a Fiero!

revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2010 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierocarparts:

well as cool as that sounds... it says......Accepted cars & motorcycles will be notified by mail by the 1st of February.

Looks like I missed the mark. too iffy for standby. But I will be cheering for ya from Pville good luck!!

Besides the car is not road worthy ...yet y'all might as well get all the shows you can in now before my car is back together!

SIDE NOTE

Does anyone have a IRM front spoiler for sale cheap?
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2010 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

That yellow V-8 Fiero would probally leave if another Fiero showed up. You talk about one stuck up, un sociable Fiero owner.
GS Jon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2010 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GS JonClick Here to visit GS Jon's HomePageSend a Private Message to GS JonDirect Link to This Post

Edited the photo out of my post as well, you're good to go!
PFF
System Bot
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2010 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
Thanks boys... I changed your rating from a (-) to a (+)!
fierocarparts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2010 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

That yellow V-8 Fiero would probally leave if another Fiero showed up. You talk about one stuck up, un sociable Fiero owner.

You know how the owners of YELLOW Fieros can be. (They even paint them to be "that" way).

I barely have a decent driver much less a show car.

[This message has been edited by fierocarparts (edited 02-22-2010).]

GS Jon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2010 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GS JonClick Here to visit GS Jon's HomePageSend a Private Message to GS JonDirect Link to This Post

Thanks boys... I changed your rating from a (-) to a (+)!

Likewise!

Just kidding, I haven't rated you yet.

I didn't get anything done on the Fiero this last wekend, I was too busy playing with my other hobby (shooting). I'll get my butt in gear this week and start on all the little things that are left to get my heap in better shape.
fierofierofiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2010 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofierofieroSend a Private Message to fierofierofieroDirect Link to This Post
I bailed out last year but I'm going this year. Just give me the dates and I'll request time off.

I've got some body stuff to finish up and figure out what is giving me high RPMs (I think some sort of vacuum leak). And replace my temp sensor... And... What else?

But, I don't care if I have to drive my Fiero with duct tape hanging off of it. I'll be there.
revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2010 09:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofierofiero:

I bailed out last year but I'm going this year. Just give me the dates and I'll request time off.

I've got some body stuff to finish up and figure out what is giving me high RPMs (I think some sort of vacuum leak). And replace my temp sensor... And... What else?

But, I don't care if I have to drive my Fiero with duct tape hanging off of it. I'll be there.

man I wish you knew the "valley boys" down there! I sure miss seeing them at the shows!!
I guess I always wanted the largest group to show up. I always have a fun time.

Oh and a thread "bump" for prude Blakey.... can you view that?

fierofierofiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2010 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofierofieroSend a Private Message to fierofierofieroDirect Link to This Post
Well, I'm working on us getting together next month so we can get to know each other before Round-Up. Plans kinda fell apart last year. We'll see how it goes. Hopefully a few of us will attend the Round-Up so I wont have to make the lonely drive up 281/37.

[This message has been edited by fierofierofiero (edited 02-18-2010).]

IwannaIRM

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2010 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMDirect Link to This Post
Revin,

How about making this event in the first part of May? I should be back in Houston at the end of April and wouldn't mind driving over for this event.

c'mon, please....I did sell you that awesome rear deck lid.
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2010 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IwannaIRM:

How about making this event in the first part of May?

you don't want to come back to Dallas for another AER car show trophy?... Heck even Revin might come... he sooo loves those big vertical tower trophies!
IwannaIRM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2010 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMDirect Link to This Post

you don't want to come back to Dallas for another AER car show trophy?... Heck even Revin might come... he sooo loves those big vertical tower trophies!

Then I would have to hear from my wife, "what are you going to do with that?" Then I'd have to make another shelf for the new trophy, then I'll get caught in a terrential down pour like last year...heck yeah, I want another too tall for the Fiero trophy. When's the event?
revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2010 08:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post

Then I would have to hear from my wife, "what are you going to do with that?" Then I'd have to make another shelf for the new trophy, then I'll get caught in a terrential down pour like last year...heck yeah, I want another too tall for the Fiero trophy. When's the event?

I thought I heard you are selling??? can't be... is this the IMSA??? what else do you have to go with the spoiler??lol

I sure like all the action on this thread! seems like some new people will try to make it!! COOL !

Now i guess we have to wait for Rob to have their meeting and anounce the DATES< TIMES< HOTEL INFO.....
PFF
System Bot
GS Jon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2010 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GS JonClick Here to visit GS Jon's HomePageSend a Private Message to GS JonDirect Link to This Post
Just snagged the latest box full of goodies that Rodney sent me. That man is QUICK when it comes to shipping! Shift and select cables, window helpers and a new short shifter leather boot. I've got a mountain of crap to install before this get together!
IwannaIRM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2010 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by revin:

I thought I heard you are selling??? can't be... is this the IMSA??? what else do you have to go with the spoiler??lol

Unfortunately, one can't sell what they don't posess or that isn't complete.

Umm, I don't have anything to go with the spoiler...sorry, how about adding some vents to that thing to give your car some relief in the back end? :P No, I won't trade decklids with you.
Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2010 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Direct Link to This Post

You know how the owners of YELLOW Fieros can be. (They even paint them to be "that" way).
I barely have a decent driver much less a show car.

Hey, not all yellow 88 Fiero owners are "that way". I feel lucky to own a factory yellow 88 GT, but I drive to work everyday. It's not a show car, but I would love to attend. I am just not sure of driving my car that far. It does commute about 36 miles round trip 5 to 6 days a week here. My son lives in Bandera, there are some nice roads around there. Is there a chance of a get together in Boerne, or NW San Antonio. Is this a weekend event? It's a long way to drive for just one day.......

[This message has been edited by Rick 88 (edited 02-22-2010).]

fierocarparts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2010 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsDirect Link to This Post
Rick, 1100 miles is about a months worth of your commute. Pat made it last year. A caravan would be good. Make it a long weekend and go to Sea World also.

------------------
Life is just SO much better when you own AND drive a Fiero!

josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2010 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post

Rick, 1100 miles is about a months worth of your commute. Pat made it last year. A caravan would be good. Make it a long weekend and go to Sea World also.

Steve is that your yeller Formula?
revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2010 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
Rick,
we make it a 3 day event...sorta.
we will meet on a friday night(some people) and Sat is the "big day" then drinking all night, and on sunday morning we get together for a little "thank you for attending award"
So in a way yes it is longer than 1 day.

So come on down in a caravan( so what if you break down, we all have at one time) but you will have so much support in getting the thingup and running! Go get your son and bring him along for the ride!

I think we should be knowing something soon about all this......i hope i hope
BMTFIERO

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2010 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BMTFIEROSend a Private Message to BMTFIERODirect Link to This Post
No Firm date yet?
GS Jon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2010 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GS JonClick Here to visit GS Jon's HomePageSend a Private Message to GS JonDirect Link to This Post
I've been putting a lot of effort into the Fiero these last 3 days, and I think it's going to be more than ready for this thing. Looking forward to putting in some leave for the event!
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2010 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post

not to threadjack too much... ...just a copy/paste from a NTFC thread.

"I need 10 Fiero's to commit and $20 per car. We need to get the $200 to the event organizers by the end of March. Here is the online flyer for the show:
http://www.aermanufacturing.com/events/index.html
Show date is May 1st... and being that it is AER's 20th anniversary of hosting this show, I expect it to be well attended.
Tom will be taking money in Feb, and I will collect for the March meeting, so that we can try to register as a block."

Also, NTFC will be hosting Spring Fling V on the last Saturday of March. Thread in the 'Events' section. Contact me if I can assist in any way.

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread! Round-Up in mid April as usual?! like tax weekend?

------------------
<---- did you buy Cliff a beer?

Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2010 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BMTFIERO:

No Firm date yet?

I was gonna ask if there was any progress on nailing down a date as well. No problem getting the time off work, just need to give ample notice, and be sure to get the dates before somebody else asks for them.

I'm starting to get anxious.....sounds like fun. I'll have to cut the Saturday festivities off at 2 beers and switch to Diet Coke after that....hangovers aren't any fun at my age.
PFF
System Bot
AAFO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2010 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AAFOClick Here to visit AAFO's HomePageSend a Private Message to AAFODirect Link to This Post
Ok.... the date for this years Roundup Event is May 15 and 16. The event location will most likely be the Pep Boys as there is so much to take into consideration when choosing an event site. Yes, the exposure may be higher at a large venue like the forum, but there is considerations of insurance and the like. Besides, the Pep Boys here locally was bending over backwards to get us to show at their location and continued to support the club for the entire year with sizable discounts on parts and accessories so I like to support those who support us. Again, the format will be the same, get-together on Friday the 14th for those who come in early, Saturday show and cruise with dinner and the Sunday plaques and so longs! I will follow up with more with motel info and registration info.

Thanks for the start Revin!

Rob

------------------

Alamo Area Fiero Owners
San Antonio, Texas
All Fieros, All the Time

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2010 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by AAFO:

Ok.... the date for this years Roundup Event is May 15 and 16.

Thanks for the start Revin!

Rob

Thanks for the dates.... Just a minor gripe that it's a long time from now. Nearly into summer. Oh well, more time to get the car ready.

katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2010 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
That gives me ample time to get the Formula serviced and fixed up - I may even have the XTC done by then. I know for sure there are 2 of us coming from El Paso - we need to talk Rick 88 into it. There is strength in numbers........

Pat
Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2010 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post
And anyone who wants to caravan from points west can meet up with Pat and I in El Paso and we will go from here. Between the two of us, we will have enough tools and know how to overhaul the cars by the side of the road if needed. Safety in numbers.

Well, that gives us an extra month to plan things. I'm looking forward to it!
CenTexIndy

Feedback score:    (32)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2010 12:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CenTexIndySend a Private Message to CenTexIndyDirect Link to This Post
I currently have nothing planned for those days and do plan on attending. I am not sure how many of our local Fieros will make the trip, but I feel pretty confident that I can speak for Mike when I say he will probably come too.
Although, with it being this far out, I may have to change my plans. Just not sure what all may be happening due to my current personal situation.
I hope to be and plan on being there!
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2010 01:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post
Putting in vaction slip tomorrow for the dates.
revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2010 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
wow at this rate, we will be having it in the dead of summer in a few years

Even though peppy boys is not my ideal spot, wanting something out in the main stream of things, and since I did go to the meeting and say my say, I will be happy to come to any place you pick for us.

(I was thinking on the east side(ish) of town we may have a different route, different things to see, different hotel. ..)
BUT like i said..I am just happy to come !
Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2010 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post
Taking a 4 day weekend, got the days put in at work, so we're good to go. Mrs. Friz and I will be there....now just gotta help Katatak get the XTC finished so we can have 3 of us on the way.
BMTFIERO

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2010 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BMTFIEROSend a Private Message to BMTFIERODirect Link to This Post
I think that mid May is great! more time to finish

[This message has been edited by BMTFIERO (edited 03-02-2010).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock