Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Round-Up Time in San Antonio, TX !! (Page 10)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
Previous Page | Next Page
Round-Up Time in San Antonio, TX !! by revin
Started on: 02-09-2010 10:41 AM
Replies: 483
Last post by: josef644 on 05-30-2010 08:31 PM
Frizlefrak

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2010 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post
Life's an adventure......drive it

T minus 46.75 hours until blastoff. I'm starting to get fidgety....545 miles each direction, 80 mph speed limits on I-10, and a Fiero....what's not to love?
IP: Logged
Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2010 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post

Frizlefrak

2921 posts
Member since Aug 2003

Originally posted by cliffw:

Bad news. maryjane got bit by a copperhead last night. He was gonna come but might not be able to. Just a quick note from me in case he can't post.
Oh, he will be ok and all. I spoke with his wife after trying to return his call.
I am gonna try to make the show and shine. I get off at six AM. A two hour drive each way and I need to be back at six PM. I may just do the farewell breakfast as Sunday morning is my last day for a week. We'll see how I feel.
Enjoy,

YIKES!! Hope he's OK and can make it. Hope you can too.
josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2010 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post

Bad news. maryjane got bit by a copperhead last night. He was gonna come but might not be able to. Just a quick note from me in case he can't post.
Oh, he will be ok and all. I spoke with his wife after trying to return his call.
I am gonna try to make the show and shine. I get off at six AM. A two hour drive each way and I need to be back at six PM. I may just do the farewell breakfast as Sunday morning is my last day for a week. We'll see how I feel.
Enjoy,

Looking forward to seeing you Cliff.
Joe

[This message has been edited by josef644 (edited 05-12-2010).]

TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2010 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
Glad maryjane is ok.
Those copperheads are nasty snakes.
Will be good to see you again Cliff.
Mike
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2010 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
copperhead huh! wow! glad the old coot is ok!!

they were just saying on the news about dogs that are taught to sence a rattle snake.

I know this was not Don, but

The news said a guy was stopped on the side of the road to piss, when he went down to pull his pants up a rattler bite him on the hand and he died right there! I would hate to go out with my pants down like that.
Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2010 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by revin:

The news said a guy was stopped on the side of the road to piss, when he went down to pull his pants up a rattler bite him on the hand and he died right there! I would hate to go out with my pants down like that.

At least it just bit him on the hand.....could have been worse. Of course, the end result was still the same. So I guess I won't be stopping to tap a kidney by the side of the road on this trip.
Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2010 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post

Bad news. maryjane got bit by a copperhead last night.

Is the snake okay?
Friend of mine a long time ago tried to pick up a baby copperhead, but it was able to turn its head around far enough to bite his index finger. Dude had to have a big chunk taken out of that finger. Hoping Don's alright.

[This message has been edited by Cheever3000 (edited 05-12-2010).]

BlackThunderGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2010 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTDirect Link to This Post

Bad news. maryjane got bit by a copperhead last night.

Get well soon maryjane!!!

More snake stories: One of my brother's was working under a house and thought a bee stung him in the left shoulder. Then he noticed a small baby rattle snake moving away from him. He spent 14 days in the hospital because his left arm and chest swelled to 3 times its normal size. The main problem was the swelling was causing pressure on his heart and he was having way too many heart arrhythmias to be sent home.
revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2010 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
glad he made it out from UNDER the house!! can you image him swelled up and they have to beak some of the house apart to get him out!

I am so glad I make so much noise I have never seen one ....yet.
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2010 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dracor:

Well, I found that my crazy AFR is due to my MAF freaking out. I hope I can find an LQ4 or LSx MAF in a junkyard tomorrow. Maybe they won't be as sensitive to the intake turbulence.

The rain is also scary for me...the filter is only mostly shielded from water splashing into it.
And do I want to tow it up there or risk driving it that far? Decisions decisions.

I am guessing you are using an outboard MAF on your setup...try cleaning the MAF with the apporiate cleaner as if you used a oiled filter is will cause issues once the MAF gets oil in it. Also insure there are no leaks after the MAF as this will cause issues also with the readings. Wiring is always a factor that could cause issue with any part of the swap. Water in the filter should not be an issue unless it is 2 inches from the road. Mine is mounted in my 1.4 panel and gets run in rain or shine with no issues....
Dracor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2010 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DracorSend a Private Message to DracorDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:
I am guessing you are using an outboard MAF on your setup...try cleaning the MAF with the apporiate cleaner as if you used a oiled filter is will cause issues once the MAF gets oil in it. Also insure there are no leaks after the MAF as this will cause issues also with the readings. Wiring is always a factor that could cause issue with any part of the swap. Water in the filter should not be an issue unless it is 2 inches from the road. Mine is mounted in my 1.4 panel and gets run in rain or shine with no issues....

Yup, outboard stock MAF with N* conversion. When I got the kit used, it didn't have a MAF screen. I cleaned it last night with MAF cleaner, no effect.
About a month ago it was working great, but now it is all over the place.
PFF
System Bot
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2010 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
Maryjane - hope all is well! Hope you feel like coming to the Round Up!

Cliff, Thanks for letting us know about Maryjane. Hope to see you there too! Was hoping to talk to you about the 3 Sisters route - wanting to take a fun run on Sunday after the breakfast.

I am as of this moment officially on vacation! My round up just started. Yahoooooooooo!

Pat
Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2010 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by katatak:

I am as of this moment officially on vacation! My round up just started. Yahoooooooooo!

Pat

Grrrrrrr......I've got one day left to go and then the vacation starts. Then it's time to put some miles down.
fierocarparts

Feedback score:    (66)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2010 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsDirect Link to This Post
60% chance of rain Saturday. 60% Sunday 30% Friday.
fieroseblack

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2010 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackDirect Link to This Post
You know what they say about Texas weather,

If you don't like it, hang around 10 minutes, it will change!

Round-Up lives on.

Side note, Don hope you are OK, keep us posted.

Mike Parker
AutoMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2010 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoMarkSend a Private Message to AutoMarkDirect Link to This Post
Have we figured out when and where we are meetin? I though it was Ace Hardware in Decatur, but need to know for sure, and what time???
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AutoMark:

Have we figured out when and where we are meetin? I though it was Ace Hardware in Decatur, but need to know for sure, and what time???

Talked to Blake this evening....will be posting information soon.....
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 01:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
thanks for the call tonight Poe... the washer is still no worky.

Here are my thoughts on the matter.

"The AAFO San Antonio Round-Up is this weekend, and several from our area will be attending. If you are interested in a caravan, Me, Tom, Mark, and Poe will be leaving from Cleburne on Friday morning. Depart time will be 0730 and the meet point will be the Whataburger right down from Home Depot.
Please try to be on time, our goal is to get down to Driftwood Tx (South of Austin) to meet Revin Kevin for lunch at the SaltLick BBQ. We will then head down to SA to check in, and then on to Biff's for the Friday night car show. Please call me if you are interested in joining. As for the route... if it is wet, we will take 281 most of the way. If it is dry... we will take twisty routes that mostly parallel 281!"
fierocarparts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsDirect Link to This Post
Well Forks (yes misspelled) just cancelled hotel. Already spoke with Robert. I hope y'all have a great time. I enjoyed myself last year and I hope everything works out for me to meet up with y'all next year. Hope to see LOTS of pics! (Hopefully WITHOUT drops on the lens!)

------------------
Life is just SO much better when you own AND drive a Fiero!

TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 09:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
Chance of rain has dropped to 40% for S.A. this weekend.
Here`s to hoping it drops even further.
Mike
revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierocarparts:

Well Forks (yes misspelled) just cancelled hotel. Already spoke with Robert. I hope y'all have a great time. I enjoyed myself last year and I hope everything works out for me to meet up with y'all next year. Hope to see LOTS of pics! (Hopefully WITHOUT drops on the lens!)

what happened?!?!? don't be scared of the rain thing! I am even taking MY car out in it.

And that will be meeting Revin AND TXGood (Mike) he's my cup holder
PFF
System Bot
Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post
T minus 23 hours until Liftoff.....
fieroseblack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackDirect Link to This Post
Hey,

Rain, Shine, Sleet or Snow.... Round-Up is a GO! Bye the way what does Sleet and/or Snow look like? I think I have been in South Texas to long to remember. Instead of snow flurrys we get a flurry of yellow migrating buterflys that completely crap your windshield.

I have to depend on the northern Pennocks guys and gals to post there great cars with the snow in the background.

Looking foward to seeing you in San Antonio, Got to love Texas!

Mike Parker
Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroseblack:
Bye the way what does Sleet and/or Snow look like? r

It looks like rust. No thanks. We southern guys love our rust free cars.

T minus 21 hours til liftoff......Can't wait to meet you guys after all these years.
Dracor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DracorSend a Private Message to DracorDirect Link to This Post
Yay MAF problems solved. Got a LQ4 MAF from junkyard and ducktaped it in . You guys are going to love how ghetto this is, but atleast I ain't running 18 AFRs anymore.
SMTHGT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post
OK... I figure since I cant make it, I will help with the countdown.. 19 hours... have fun, be safe.... oh, STAY DRY. Also, feel free to text "live" pics to 214~434~8427

------------------
SMTHGT.....
Aka. "SmoothGT"
1987 GT 4.9L~V8~4T60E
(Un.Su.)

Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SMTHGT:

OK... I figure since I cant make it, I will help with the countdown.. 19 hours... have fun, be safe.... oh, STAY DRY. Also, feel free to text "live" pics to 214~434~8427

Number saved....stand by for pics!!

(well, stand by 19 or so hours LOL )

[This message has been edited by Frizlefrak (edited 05-13-2010).]

SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post
I wanna go...
Egor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EgorSend a Private Message to EgorDirect Link to This Post
Hope there will be a caravan from the hotel to Biff's on Friday evening.

I will be riding with Dracor in an almost untried swap and we might need to be able to yell for help!.

See ya'll there.

Egor.

------------------

Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Egor:

Hope there will be a caravan from the hotel to Biff's on Friday evening.

I will be riding with Dracor in an almost untried swap and we might need to be able to yell for help!.

See ya'll there.

Egor.

Katatak and I will have enough tools to overhaul it in the parking lot if need be. No worries.
revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
The Blake/Revin train will be leaving the Salt Lick around 2 ish and get into S.A. around 3-4pm area and check in.

I don't have a time to leave the hotel to Biffs yet. I guess we need to get there asap around the 5-ish mark??

Does the S.A. guys want to meet us @ the hotel and go all together??
revin 512-775-2283
PFF
System Bot
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
BY THE WAY.....

You guys going to the SaltLick BBQ... IIRC, they only take CASH $$$.
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
Cathy and I have had to drop out. We have some medical problems that will not allow us to come. All the rest of you guys have a wonderful time.

Joe & Cathy Crawford
maryjane

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
I'm now home, and if I can walk tomorrow morning, and if Jane feels like driving us to SA in the truck, we will be there.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F.../HTML/074640.html#p0

(shield your eyes--an ugly picture follows)

damn snake.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 05-13-2010).]

Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post
OUCH! He nailed you good. Glad you can make it anyway.
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by josef644:

Cathy and I have had to drop out. We have some medical problems that will not allow us to come. All the rest of you guys have a wonderful time.

Joe & Cathy Crawford

Awww Joe, I was looking forward to meeting you. Hope everything is OK!

Pat
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post

Joe & Cathy Crawford

Pat
Two hours a the dentist will ruin a week end big time . Cathy didn't want to drive, I am on Vicodin for the next 3 days
fierocarparts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsDirect Link to This Post

Pat
Two hours a the dentist will ruin a week end big time . Cathy didn't want to drive, I am on Vicodin for the next 3 days

I'll drive if you share your Vicodin!

Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post
T minus 12 hours.....
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post

Pat

I hate the dentist - Get well so you can get back to work on your Fiero.

Pat

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock