Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  First Annual Tyler Shipman Frazee Fiero Gathering July 24th 2010 (Page 9)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 28 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28 
Previous Page | Next Page
First Annual Tyler Shipman Frazee Fiero Gathering July 24th 2010 by KEV
Started on: 11-23-2009 07:17 PM
Replies: 1118
Last post by: fierogal123 on 01-03-2011 03:53 PM
Rallaster

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2010 01:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by skuzzbomer:

You people and your trucks... how about mine:

93 Ford ranger with a blown 2.3 hah. (its a Mazda under the skin, so I've been wondering about the difficulty of a rotary swap? - "project wanker" anybody?)

crap picture but you get the idea.

Yeah, it's covered in Fiero parts- I think there's a full set of body panels, two 88 fascias and a heater core or two sitting on that thing...

-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Yep...

I just got rid of a 90 Ranger with the 2.3... LOL It was a total POS, ALL body mounts rusted out (it was riding only on the bushings), floor boards rotted out with the bench seat falling through, speedometer didn't work, fuel gauge doesn't work, and more I don't care to think about...
IP: Logged
skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2010 01:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rallaster:

I just got rid of a 90 Ranger with the 2.3... LOL It was a total POS, ALL body mounts rusted out (it was riding only on the bushings), floor boards rotted out with the bench seat falling through, speedometer didn't work, fuel gauge doesn't work, and more I don't care to think about...

That one is actually in fairly good shape - except the clear is going and its about as dirty as a 5 dollar "massage therapist." The tranny was rebuilt completely around 40k ago. The previous version of the truck was total crap, but this revision isn't horrible. A PO dogged the crap out of this one, though. It's been sitting (outside) for around 2 years and will still start up - even with the old gas and a engine that's only running on 2 cylinders... I need to clean up that garage and rebuild the thing, so I have something that gets halfway decent fuel mileage - 30 highway is better than 19 combined with my automatic Fiero. I hate that tranny. So much.

This has gone so far off topic already... let's leave it alone for a while.
I guess rule #25 applies here.
carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2010 07:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post
I agree, I would rather people came here to get information about the show and not have to wade through countless posts about about how awesome someone else's truck is.

Please stay on topic.
KEV

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2010 08:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVDirect Link to This Post
Hi all,

Please don't take this wrong but let's keep this on topic please! I'm getting a little sick of reading about who's truck is better for the last page and a half..

This thread is about the show

Thanks

------------------

1999 GMC Jimmy 2dr 4x4..V8 swap someday.
1997 Grand Prix GTP 161k miles and going strong.
1987 Fiero Coupe 5spd For sale
1987 Fiero Coupe 5spd,Steel Wheels
1986 Fiero Base Coupe 5spd..Steel Wheels Baby!
1985 Fiero GT 3800 N/A ...3800 S/C being rebuilt now.
1984 Fiero Indy #1098 w/ Centerline Wheels,Hooker Tri-y header and Indy Scoop with Strobe's

Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 295
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2010 08:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carbon:

I agree, I would rather people came here to get information about the show and not have to wade through countless posts about about how awesome someone else's truck is.

Please stay on topic.

I agree with Kev and Carbon... Show info... Smack talk is fine, if it is limited... But I want details on the SHOW!
Xerces_Blackthorne

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2010 09:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneDirect Link to This Post
show details are about 5 pages back hehe

But on a more serious note, what does everyone think about a sort of 21 tailpipe salute to Tyler on the last day of the meet? Right as everyone pulls out of town, we light up the tailpipes in honor of our fallen fellow Fiero enthusiast (try saying that 10x fast )...

Good idea? Bad idea? If so, why? Discuss
skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2010 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post

Xerces_Blackthorne:

<snip>

By "21 tailpipe salute" do you mean that many cars or are you referring to actual tailpipes? Considering that stock Fieros (V6) have the y-pipe into a single exhaust then split off from the muffler, I think it should be 'that many cars' opposed to exhausts... I'm assuming this is what you mean here, correct?
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2010 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
Better yet... How about during the show, have a moment of silence, immediately followed by everyone starting their engines and revving them for 30 seconds...
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2010 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
Edited.

Ron

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 02-24-2010).]

KEV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2010 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

Whoa there gents. Although I am a Dodge/Cummins man. who wins in a tug of war isn't just about the engine. Just like drag racing, it's all about getting the power to the ground. I've got a 3/4 ton Dodge (two wheel drive) that I pull my 30 foot gooseneck car hauler with and while I believe it's one of the best vehicles made for it's intended purpose, there is no way I'd go up against Hulki's Ford in a tug of war. His 4 WD would eat me alive. Then again, after he breaks down in that Ford, I'd be happy to haul his wimpy Ford home for him. I'd even bet that I would get as good as if not better fuel mileage hauling his sorry a$$'d truck home than he got driving it alone and empty to the show. Well, close at least.

Ford recognized the brand problem early on and gave the buying public a hint. They circled the problem, it's called the blue oval.

Ron

Didn't we just ask to stop talking about who's truck is better a couple post's back.???? I will ask again stop posting about who's truck is better. Thank You..
Xerces_Blackthorne

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2010 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

Better yet... How about during the show, have a moment of silence, immediately followed by everyone starting their engines and revving them for 30 seconds...

They say great minds think alike

Thats kinda what I was getting at Syn...Shoulda mentioned that the term 21 tailpipe salute was used loosely...Thanks for putting it in the words I couldn't come up with lol

PFF
System Bot
Rallaster

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2010 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterDirect Link to This Post

That means I'm going to have to get it to where mine starts on the first try or sit it out... it would be over by the time mine got started...LOL
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2010 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post

I like that idea.
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2010 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post

knowing my luck ill spin a rod bearing....
blackrams

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2010 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by KEV:

Didn't we just ask to stop talking about who's truck is better a couple post's back.???? I will ask again stop posting about who's truck is better. Thank You..

You are assuming that my posting was after reading your request (which is wasn't) but, I'll leave it at that.

I sincerely hope this is a great event with or without trucks or my comments.

Ron

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 02-24-2010).]

snowblindburd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2010 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for snowblindburdSend a Private Message to snowblindburdDirect Link to This Post

I like this.

By the way, I'll be there in my Beretta. Depending on if my room mate and her dad can get the time off, they will be coming too in a yellow 88 Base and a red 88 GT. There may be a couple of Cavalier's and Sunfires tagging along with me for this too.

Is there going to be any kind of limit to the size of this show, or are we gonna pack the place?

Edit: On a side note I may very well warp through time as my post count equals the number of the room I am currently in. If that happens, well... If that happens I'll have to deal with things as they come up.
------------------

1990 Sunbird SE /// 1995 Beretta Base

[This message has been edited by snowblindburd (edited 02-24-2010).]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2010 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by snowblindburd:

Is there going to be any kind of limit to the size of this show, or are we gonna pack the place?

We're gonna try and pack the place.

BTW should we also put this in the "event information" section?
Xerces_Blackthorne

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2010 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87antuzzi:

knowing my luck ill spin a rod bearing....

Knowing my luck, I'll blow a turbo or 2, crack the Y-pipe (no, not Y the crack pipe ), and spin a rod bearing, thereby throwing a rod through the block and killing the motor lol...

carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2010 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

BTW should we also put this in the "event information" section?

Done.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2010 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Done.

Damn you. I had it all typed up, and ready to submit when you submitted yours. :P
carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2010 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post
I am not as wordy as you

I sent Cliff a PM to remove mine.

[This message has been edited by carbon (edited 02-24-2010).]

PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2010 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
edit* sounds like we might get a large group rate at the Holiday Inn, maybe hold off on booking a room until more info comes down the pipe

Hey guys!
I already called Budget host Inn over by Frazee and booked a room for July 24th Saturday, they said if you say you are there to attend The Tyler Shipman memorial carshow, during Turkey Days fest, and they get at least 3 rooms booked we will get a discounted rate, a savings of $10. So remember to mention why you are there!

Budget Host Inn Detroit Lakes, 8.1 miles from Frazee

895 Highway 10 East
Detroit Lakes, MN 56501
1-218-847-4454

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 02-25-2010).]

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2010 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Hey guys!
I already called Budget host Inn over by Frazee and booked a room for July 24th Saturday, they said if you say you are there to attend The Tyler Shipman memorial carshow, during Turkey Days fest, and they get at least 3 rooms booked we will get a discounted rate, a savings of $10. So remember to mention why you are there!

Budget Host Inn Detroit Lakes, 8.1 miles from Frazee

895 Highway 10 East
Detroit Lakes, MN 56501
1-218-847-4454

Yup... I have also talked to the Holiday Inn, and we are considering them as the "Partner Hotel" for the event. They are going to set a large block of rooms aside for us. They have a great restaurant in the hotel, pool and hot tub, and a BEAUTIFUL view of the lake from the balconies on the lake-side rooms.

They are also discounting rooms for us for that weekend.

Please remember, we are trying to turn this into the full three days of fun, rather than just a show on Saturday.. Friday night there is a street dance, Saturday, several activities, including a demolition derby, and Sunday, a parade. Stick around, and you can put your car in the parade (no charge!).

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2010 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
OH yeah, we'll be there til Sunday evening
snowblindburd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2010 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for snowblindburdSend a Private Message to snowblindburdDirect Link to This Post
With the way work has been lately I will probably only be able to make it for the show day, but we'll see! I haven't decided if I'm going to get up super early and drive over, or go on Friday and get a room.

------------------

1990 Sunbird SE /// 1995 Beretta Base

Xerces_Blackthorne

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2010 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneDirect Link to This Post
How far of a drive (mileage and time-wise) is it from Detroit Lakes? Is there anywhere in Frazee to stay?

Worse comes to worse, is there anywhere in Frazee I can park my car and just sleep in the back with the seats folded down? Its already gonna run me a buttload for gas to get up there and back, so any bit of money I can save is great...

How much is the Holiday Inn charging per night up there? If memory serves me correctly, H.I. is one of the most expensive hotels you can stay in. I looked into one when I moved out here to Nebraska and they wanted $125 a night in rural Illinois
carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2010 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post
Detroit Lakes is 7 miles from just about anywhere in Frazee...
Xerces_Blackthorne

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2010 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneDirect Link to This Post

Is that 7 loooong miles or just 7 miles

What about the hotel? Prices? Are there campgrounds near Frazee, etc?
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2010 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Yeah, it is like 7 miles and 43 feet to the edge of town, and 7 miles and 47 feet to the other edge of town...
KEV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2010 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Xerces_Blackthorne:

We are working on this at this time..there is nothing set yet in stone. We will let you all know when we have the details for you.
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2010 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post

I don't know about this. Since I have returned home, I have been getting in touch with my spiritual being, and I am afraid what the impact of all that exhaust will be on the environment. How about a 21 Prius salute?

Seriously, I love the idea of the moment of silence and the rev-up afterwards. Very good idea Chris as usual.
PFF
System Bot
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2010 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:
Seriously, I love the idea of the moment of silence and the rev-up afterwards. Very good idea Chris as usual.

I second this. Love this idea.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2010 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

How far of a drive (mileage and time-wise) is it from Detroit Lakes? Is there anywhere in Frazee to stay?

Worse comes to worse, is there anywhere in Frazee I can park my car and just sleep in the back with the seats folded down? Its already gonna run me a buttload for gas to get up there and back, so any bit of money I can save is great...

How much is the Holiday Inn charging per night up there? If memory serves me correctly, H.I. is one of the most expensive hotels you can stay in. I looked into one when I moved out here to Nebraska and they wanted $125 a night in rural Illinois

If you cant afford the trip than dont take it its that simple. Not to be an a** but you need to be smart about some things.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2010 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

If you want cheap and in Frazee look at the Morningside Motel, see info in the 1st post of the "I want to help a friend" thread.
StealthSpeed3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2010 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for StealthSpeed3Send a Private Message to StealthSpeed3Direct Link to This Post
I am going to try and make this along with a few people from MNMazda. A lot of you don't know me, but i have been helping Synthesis out on the side, spreading the info around to the forums i'm on: MNMazda, MyMonte, MNSC, M3F, and StreetUnit. As a photo major i'll try to get a camera that weekend so i can at least document the time i'm there and the people that i meet.

SS3
R Runner

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2010 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by StealthSpeed3:

I am going to try and make this along with a few people from MNMazda. A lot of you don't know me, but i have been helping Synthesis out on the side, spreading the info around to the forums i'm on: MNMazda, MyMonte, MNSC, M3F, and StreetUnit. As a photo major i'll try to get a camera that weekend so i can at least document the time i'm there and the people that i meet.

SS3

Thanks for your "behind the secnes" help! You know you can be a part of the Fiero group without owing a Fiero right? Sounds like you already are.

------------------
Paul

My IMSA Build: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/789315
HHP Adjustable Sway Bars: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/036556.html

JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2010 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:
If you cant afford the trip than dont take it its that simple. Not to be an a** but you need to be smart about some things.

A little harsh there PK........ I seem to remember a trip that you went on, a certain airfare that you could not afford by yourself..... It's a good thing you did not take you own advice at that time, or look at what you would have missed out on.

I would post, as things get closer, about sharing a room with someone. As many people will be coming in by themselves, there are bound to be lots of people looking to share accommodations.

Just be careful about selecting PontiacKid From reading some of Antuzzi's posts, he must have cork in his diet or something LOL

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 02-24-2010).]

MOBILE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2010 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MOBILESend a Private Message to MOBILEDirect Link to This Post
I posted a bunch of info on the MNGMP (Minnesota GM Performance Association) forum. Sounds like a few guys might come up. Hopefully some other MFF members will help with my pile. The July 24th date is my new goal... Of course it wouldn't hurt to make the MN show, the Dells, etc.

------------------

Self Installed Intercooled SC3800 II/III w/getrag. 19's with 13" Brakes on all 4 corners. 4 years in Avionics & 14 years in Car Electronics Experience.

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2010 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

I would post, as things get closer, about sharing a room with someone. As many people will be coming in by themselves, there are bound to be lots of people looking to share accommodations.

Just be careful about selecting PontiacKid From reading some of Antuzzi's posts, he must have cork in his diet or something LOL

I wasent trying to be harshy im just saying if your going to come up and sleep in your car thats just not smart not to mention not safe. Lol and its not my fault that people in MN dont build toilet's to handel a guy from PA

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 02-24-2010).]

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2010 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
Well, here is something that I want to mention...

Minnesota Fieros Forever is STILL planning this... The only thing set in stone is the date. EVERYTHING else is still being sorted and organized..

If you want to call a hotel in the area and book a room, then go for it...

BUT, if we can get a partner hotel, such as Holiday Inn, they can provide much more for us than lodging.. The Holiday Inn in Detroit Lakes is VERY interested in doing as much as possible to help us out, including potential catering at the show, giving us a meeting room for anything we may want and/or need, etc, etc...

Please give us time to get some things set before jumping the gun and booking rooms and whatnot... I was in contact with Budget Host prior to 2.5 booking the room, and was working on a bigger discount than 10 bucks a night if possible.

So... With that said, we are all stoked, just hold up a bit... We will most likely have more specific information over the next few weeks.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 28 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock