Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  First Annual Tyler Shipman Frazee Fiero Gathering July 24th 2010 (Page 5)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 28 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28 
Previous Page | Next Page
First Annual Tyler Shipman Frazee Fiero Gathering July 24th 2010 by KEV
Started on: 11-23-2009 07:17 PM
Replies: 1118
Last post by: fierogal123 on 01-03-2011 03:53 PM
Xerces_Blackthorne

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2010 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneDirect Link to This Post
I plan on making a mention of this to my boss tomorrow, I will be there regardless of what happens. Since I missed the build, I want nothing more than to be there for the meet, even if I don't own a Fiero anymore.

Litespd, send me a PM. Maybe we can work out a small convoy out to Frazee, I'll be coming through your area. That goes for anyone else coming through/from Nebraska as well.
IP: Logged
Cajun

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2010 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunSend a Private Message to CajunDirect Link to This Post

There not many things certain in this life but, if I'm in the states during this period of time I will definitely be there. Would not miss this for the world.

Cajun
DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2010 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
sounds like some people need google maps on their phones than sign up for google latitude for that trip. Even if your phone doesn't have gps latitude can track at about a 2000 meter radius. Which lets you know someone is near. I have it' but don't have anyone added to it.

[This message has been edited by DIY_Stu (edited 02-17-2010).]

Fiero STS

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2010 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero STSSend a Private Message to Fiero STSDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by KEV:

it's looking like were going to have a large turnout! Now i need to get my Indy done..

Don't worry I will bring my Indy.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2010 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

Sunday, an old time car show in the AM (but we are still discussing this with Frazee, as their normal show is on Sunday, but would leave us high and dry). Karen Gray from Frazee Auto Body and Glass is on the planning commission for the Turkey Festival, and she is pumped to have us there. So she will be working with the rest of the Community Club and the city to make sure that things are ready for us.

As soon as you guys get this set in stone, and have some flyers available, get them online, I will print a ton and put them in cars windows at the carshows I go to with my 72 Buick and my Fiero.

We will be havin git Saturday for sure, no matter what happens with the Sunday show then?
I would think if they got the word out to the folks who usually attend the Sunday show about ours on Saturday maybe they would attend both. That is if we can't get them combined.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 02-17-2010).]

Rallaster

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2010 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterDirect Link to This Post
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

This is most likely the route I will be taking. If anyone wants to meet in Indy and on up into Chi-town and any point between my house and Frazee, we can get a good parade going on...

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2010 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
Lets get this up in the events section too.

KEV

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2010 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

As soon as you guys get this set in stone, and have some flyers available, get them online, I will print a ton and put them in cars windows at the carshows I go to with my 72 Buick and my Fiero.

We will be havin git Saturday for sure, no matter what happens with the Sunday show then?
I would think if they got the word out to the folks who usually attend the Sunday show about ours on Saturday maybe they would attend both. That is if we can't get them combined.

This is the date for the show it's set in stone. We will have flyer's made very soon and they will also be posted on here and on www.fiero.mn.org .
cornersonrails

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2010 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsDirect Link to This Post
I can produce T-shirts for this event at cost with all profits going to the Charity. Who ever wants to be in charge of this please PM me. If people want to start thinking and posting shirt designs that would be great. Thanks, Chris
KEV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2010 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cornersonrails:

I can produce T-shirts for this event at cost with all profits going to the Charity. Who ever wants to be in charge of this please PM me. If people want to start thinking and posting shirt designs that would be great. Thanks, Chris

Thanks Chris for the offer to do this!

------------------

1999 GMC Jimmy 2dr 4x4..V8 swap someday.
1997 Grand Prix GTP 161k miles and going strong.
1987 Fiero Coupe 5spd For sale
1987 Fiero Coupe 5spd,Steel Wheels
1986 Fiero Base Coupe 5spd..Steel Wheels Baby!
1985 Fiero GT 3800 N/A ...3800 S/C being rebuilt now.
1984 Fiero Indy #1098 w/ Centerline Wheels,Hooker Tri-y header and Indy Scoop with Strobe's

Alibi

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2010 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AlibiSend a Private Message to AlibiDirect Link to This Post
Looks like its about 13 hour drive for me. If my '86 is in good driving shape and I'm not swamped with summer school (or an internship if I can find one) then I plan on going. Should be fun

Mismatched paint and ugly parts be damned!
PFF
System Bot
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2010 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
Rallaster -- I will be going through Chi-Town also ... what date and time are you departing from there..

Danyel
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2010 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post

Danyel

6087 posts
Member since Sep 2008
cornersonrails --- all profits could be given to charities on that week-end and also could be sold via tylerstoy.com ... could you drop ship ?? I am presently dealing with the Tyler Project T-Shirts and beenies right now...

Danyel

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 02-17-2010).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2010 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
This is getting exciting
KEV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2010 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

cornersonrails --- all profits could be given to the Shipman's on that week-end and also could be sold via tylerstoy.com ... could you drop ship ?? I am presently dealing with the Tyler Project T-Shirts and beenies right now...

Danyel

The plan for all the profit's from this event are going to a cancer charity in the name of the Shipman's family.
Rallaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2010 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterDirect Link to This Post

Rallaster -- I will be going through Chi-Town also ... what date and time are you departing from there..

Danyel

I would like to be there Friday night so I will probably be leaving my house at around 7AM, Google maps approximates it at ~14 hours so that would put me in Frazee at between 9 and 10 PM Friday night. It's about a 2 hour drive to Chi-town from Indy, but I would recommend meeting on the Indiana side of the line in Hammond or Gary at a truck stop. I used to run that area a lot when I drove a Tractor-trailer and if it hasn't changed over the last few years, there're a few halfway decent stops in that area. I would be in that area by no later than 9AM Friday morning. These are merely rough estimates at this point. If there are enough people meeting and 'car pooling' up there the times may or may not change, it's something that we'll have to play by ear until the time gets closer....

------------------
Pennock's Official Thread Killer
Indiana Fiero Club

The Duke will NEVER DIE

87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2010 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
Why does july have to be so far away!!? Any ideas on events? Like a charity raffle where all proceeds go to the shipman family. Maybe a drag strip....or is going to be strictly a show n shine? My car has no shine
Rallaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2010 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87antuzzi:

Why does july have to be so far away!!? Any ideas on events? Like a charity raffle where all proceeds go to the shipman family. Maybe a drag strip....or is going to be strictly a show n shine? My car has no shine

My decklid and wing has shine... but that's about it...
KEV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2010 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVDirect Link to This Post

Like i said all the money raised is going to Charity in the Shipman name. There is no drag strip in the area that i know about and that would be something that others would have to set up. It doesn't matter if your car has shine or not..
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2010 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
My car is going to have shine! I just talked to dave at frazee auto body and my car is getting painted . 700 aint bad for a paint job. But what am I going to do in frazee for 5 extra days? I have to get my car together. I will start in 3....2....1....NOW!
*sits on chair and looks at tv*
KEV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2010 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVDirect Link to This Post

My car is going to have shine! I just talked to dave at frazee auto body and my car is getting painted . 700 aint bad for a paint job. But what am I going to do in frazee for 5 extra days? I have to get my car together. I will start in 3....2....1....NOW!
*sits on chair and looks at tv*

$700?? with a roller or rattle can.
PFF
System Bot
cornersonrails

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2010 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsDirect Link to This Post

cornersonrails --- could you drop ship ?? I am presently dealing with the Tyler Project T-Shirts and beenies right now...

Danyel

I know longer have the screen to make the Tyler Project shirts. The car show shirts my plan was to bring them to the show. I suppose I could drop shirts from here after the show for those who wanted a shirt but couldnt make it to the show. That would have to be set-up through Kev.
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2010 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
Awwww. Look at that. Kev made a funny
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2010 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
I think we should have little name tags with our PFF Username's on them at this event.

[This message has been edited by mattwa (edited 02-17-2010).]

87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2010 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
We had those the first time we went out. A roll of duct tape and a sharpie= name tags
Rallaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2010 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mattwa:

I think we should have little name tags with our PFF Username's on them.

Our RL name on one line and our username on a line right below...
mattwa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2010 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post

We had those the first time we went out. A roll of duct tape and a sharpie= name tags

Works for me.

Originally posted by Rallaster:

Our RL name on one line and our username on a line right below...

This works too.

Gilder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2010 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GilderSend a Private Message to GilderDirect Link to This Post
If you guys need information just pm me. Yes their is a drag track 45 miles away. Both Tylers dad and myself used to race in our younger days. I am sure he would be more than happy to pull out Tylers car and run the 1/4 mile with it. Racing is in their family that is why Tyler wanted the bigger engine. These two would race anything at any given time. Like for instance a car against a snowmobile and against a three wheeler and a 4 wheeler at the same time on the local county roads. What else do you do for excitement in the stix? Their was some pretty funny looks from people when they would see the snowmobile flying down the road during the middle of the summer.
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2010 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
Kev you are right my typing mistake ...to charities in the shipmans name ... my blunder
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2010 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
45 miles aint too bad for the strip...if imsagt and rrunner we could have a imsa fiero show down...and me and pk86 would have to run em.
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2010 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
It won't be too hard to pick out antuzzi and pk86, they will be the ones holding hands and smooching the whole time.

PFF
System Bot
Bry73

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2010 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bry73Send a Private Message to Bry73Direct Link to This Post
For the Truck Stops in the Gary Indiana area are from the West to East,
I-80/94 Exit 6 Pilot and T/A both are large but car parking is kind of small
Exit 9A Flying J and Steel City
My personnel favorites are South of Gary on I-65 just a few miles in Hebron, IN @ exit 240 which has a Flying J and a Pilot.
There car area's look larger than those in Gary.

Will have to load mine onto a trailer and strap down the engine to trailer also as a inprogress.
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2010 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

45 miles aint too bad for the strip...if imsagt and rrunner we could have a imsa fiero show down...and me and pk86 would have to run em.

y green one will burn yours hands down. 4 speed, new engine new trans new suspension and brakes. no comparason.
mattwa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2010 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

y green one will burn yours hands down. 4 speed, new engine new trans new suspension and brakes. no comparason.

what about yours vs. mine? I got a 3.4 with Truelo headers and some other small stuff.

87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2010 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
rick....you will get owned.....
mattwa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2010 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post

Pssh, i will own you all.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2010 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Well see.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2010 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

pontiackid86

19632 posts
Member since Sep 2008

Originally posted by mattwa:

what about yours vs. mine? I got a 3.4 with Truelo headers and some other small stuff.

Ill flatten your tires.

------------------
I drive excitement. Anything else is just unacceptable
>>>>>>>>>>>PONTIAC<<<<<<<<<<

87 GT 5 speed (felony)
86 GT 4 Speed (Green lantern)

87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2010 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
Let's make a bet...
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2010 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Let's make a bet...

On what? which part of the road your fiero breaks down on i kid i kid
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 28 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock