Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  First Annual Tyler Shipman Frazee Fiero Gathering July 24th 2010 (Page 27)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 28 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28 
Previous Page | Next Page
First Annual Tyler Shipman Frazee Fiero Gathering July 24th 2010 by KEV
Started on: 11-23-2009 07:17 PM
Replies: 1118
Last post by: fierogal123 on 01-03-2011 03:53 PM
DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2010 04:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ARFiero:

Yeah but it takes a long time to get to Europe in a row boat.

Shelby

A Purple one at that.
IP: Logged
PURPLE REIGN

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2010 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ARFiero:

Yeah but it takes a long time to get to Europe in a row boat.

Shelby

BWWWAAAAAHHAAAAAA haaaaa haaaaa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Too funny !!!!!!

Originally posted by DIY_Stu:

A Purple one at that.

Yeah, not this battleship buddy
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2010 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PURPLE REIGN:

Yeah, not this battleship buddy

I heard that battleship was sunk a long time ago. Something about poor performance and not ever leaving port.
GTGeff

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2010 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffDirect Link to This Post

Care to share how the battleship did today?
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2010 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

I heard that battleship was sunk a long time ago. Something about poor performance and not ever leaving port.

Oh really ?????? what's your source ??? Better get a new one, cause i got 2 kids for proof

Originally posted by GTGeff:
Care to share how the battleship did today?

LOL !!!! Smartass........ it slept in from being up till 1:30 at night
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 295
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2010 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
Jane Bartholomay from the MeritCare Foundation sent me some photos today....

"The first one is from the nurses on 7Main, the inpatient Oncology Floor and the 2nd one is of Dr. Kobrinsky and some nurses from Roger Maris Cancer Center." ~Jane

A HUGE thank you goes out to MNGreenGT for his design work on the check that was presented at the show. The artwork was fantastic, and the tire tread adds a very nice touch.

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 10-12-2010).]

Vernon8360

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2010 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Direct Link to This Post
Nice pictures. Maybe if someone asked nicely, some of them might be able to attend next years gathering. Which reminds me, what are the dates for The Second Annual ?
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2010 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
I can't say with any certainty, but I would assume it will coincide with the Turkey Days celebration again.
Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2010 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Direct Link to This Post
Nothing official on the Frazee website, yet. I do know one thing. It's 1064 miles from Pittsburgh, PA to Frazee, MN. Not to early to begin planning.

------------------
1988 GT
Manual
Medium Red Metallic
Gray Leather

DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2010 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
20 hours 21 mins
I-35 N
1,228 mi

That's what google says for me. Which takes me through Min/St. Paul to stay the night at the suites and pick up John at the airport. This year John may have to borrow a car, because I may run flat out to Frazee for an extra camping night.
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2010 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
So when do I plan the trip for #2?
PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2010 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Vernon8360:

Nothing official on the Frazee website, yet. I do know one thing. It's 1064 miles from Pittsburgh, PA to Frazee, MN. Not to early to begin planning.

When it comes down to the time to go for next year let me know if your gona go. If i go this time i'll meet up with you.

Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2010 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
I'm still trying to figure out the mode of transportation we are going to use this time. I want either my car or Steph's car out there, but I can only trailer one. My cheapest option would be flying, but then I am left without transportation while we are there. Maybe I could bring enough cash and talk Jeff out of Petie permanently?
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2010 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
Well Helene and I choice is simple we are taking two weeks vacation for the trip to Frazee ... as soon as we have a date we will make hotel reservations for the trip ... cant wait the Widow is presently getting a new heart and we will be all set for the trip !!! This winters project a trailer and hitch Fiero style ....

Danyel

------------------

http://www.blackwidowfiero.com

pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2010 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

I'm still trying to figure out the mode of transportation we are going to use this time. I want either my car or Steph's car out there, but I can only trailer one. My cheapest option would be flying, but then I am left without transportation while we are there. Maybe I could bring enough cash and talk Jeff out of Petie permanently?

If you drive out i shall follow you . Might bring the IMSA.

GTGeff

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2010 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffDirect Link to This Post

Maybe I could bring enough cash and talk Jeff out of Petie permanently?

As much as my daughter complains about "Petey" she gets mighty defensive when discussion comes up about selling him. Besides, "Petey" will serve as my son's first car when he gets his drivers license in February.

However, another rental agreement may be possible since my son could use the other spare Formula for the "Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show II". I am trying to talk daughter into coming home to go to it though.

Jeff

Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2010 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Direct Link to This Post
I have some very general, tentative plans to leave 7-8 days before the weekend of the event. I plan on visiting family and friends in Chicago, IL and Madison, WI on my way from Pittsburgh. I'll head to Minneapolis/St.Paul on Thursday and spend the night. I'm assuming there will be a Fiero caravan from an agreed upon meeting place in the Twin Cities area to Frazee on Friday morning. All I really need at this point are the dates of the Turkey Days Weekend. Visiting Camp Shipman, meeting members of the Dream Team and seeing the cars and their owners are all high on my list. Keep an eye out for me.....I'll be driving a Fiero.

------------------
1988 GT
Manual
Medium Red Metallic
Gray Leather

Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2010 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

I can't say with any certainty, but I would assume it will coincide with the Turkey Days celebration again.

http://www.frazeecity.com/
Turkey Days -- Last Weekend in July

Saturday July 30.
nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2010 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipDirect Link to This Post
OK let's try this again. I swear I posted on this link earlier today but it is not there. my senior moment of the day I guess. Anyway, I emailed Karen at the butt crack of dawn when I got up to work this morning and turkey days is always the last full weekend of July which is the 29, 30, 31. the car show i assume will be saturday again. we are opening up camp shipman a day early on thursday for anyone who wants to enjoy our primitive facilities an extra night. i am going to try and come up with a shower plan. might end up being the portable fishhouse and a hose... any ideas???

we will have to get some ideas on food too. i am thinking thursday - billy's bar for any early arrivers for old time's sake. friday and saturday night - what about sticking with burgers/brats/weiners on the grill, beans, chips, bars/cookies. that really worked good this year on saturday night. i am going to boycott the turkey - too much work. any suggestions or ideas appreciated. i thought the deal at fred and annettes where everyone chipped in 5 bucks for supper was great. i have a coffee pot to leave in the garage so you early risers can brew yourselves up some. maybe donuts or rolls from the local bakery. i am pretty much open to whatever. lunch and sunday on your own or eat what we got layin' around we are just having the fiero peeps and a few friends next year - not a big neighborhood party.

we got rid of our redneck fridge in the yard LOL so bring a cooler for your beverages if you can. don't stress if you can't. we will more than likely get some coolers from friends too. i have someone's collapsable cooler on wheels here that is blue - maybe stu? - i had to "borrow" it to go to iowa but it is here for whoever when you come back.

i have i think john's sleeping bag, air mattress and tent here. if anyone needs a tent we do have one.

many many days before this happens, but i am already counting them down. mexico in a month thanks to you guys is next on our radar.

------------------
Nellie - forever Tyler's mommy

carbon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2010 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post
Awesome... I am already excited. Nellie, this year was an excellent time! As far as cleanliness we could always use cornersonrails trick of using the bathroom at the Wal*Mart in DL... LOL

Hopefully the caravan thing goes better next year... I am also hoping to have the Exxon Valdez patched up as well...

[This message has been edited by carbon (edited 11-04-2010).]

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2010 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
A "Swamp" shower...

Basically, 4x4 posts, roof over the top, sides, and a large water barrel on top.. Gravity feed shower. Refill with the hose, let the sun warm it during the day.

The other method is a cheap 110v Water heater running on an extension cord between the barrel and the shower head, gravity fed water supply backed up with a water hose...

Water flows down from the barrel into the water heater at ground level, then back up to the shower head. Refill the barrel with the hose...
PFF
System Bot
tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2010 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post

I really thought about getting in on this years event, I just didnt have the time or money to go. Next year, I very well might. Jim's 84 lives near me, he seems interested in heading up there, too. Hey Hulki, if you caravan, I could hook up with ya and maybe PK. I am on the way there, anyhow, near 1-70... but I could always drive further North if you dont dip that far into Ohio on your way up. I know its a long way off, timewise... We just got a popup camper, so if I can hook up a trailer hitch to "The Special" between now and then, I could likely just Fiero cruise the whole way.

DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2010 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
PK between now and then you need to take your car on a couple 200+ Mile drives. Jump on the highway and just cruise. Also stock up on a few repair parts. Take it to an alignment shop to have the suspension fully checked INCLUDING LOWER BALL JOINTS. Also every time you use a tool on the car's engine or trans WRITE IT DOWN. This will help you in putting together a Fiero Travel Tool Kit. Also get yourself a long Tow strap. You may want to ask Fiero1Fan or Fierofetish or any other EU Fiero owners how they attach their front tow hook. That way you can do the same. If you don't know what I'm talking about look at the front of a BMW there's a small square cover on the front Bumper that's removable to be able to screw in the tow Hoop. I'm looking to do the same with my project car so I may be able to help, except I have the Coupe nose and not the Aero Nose.

DANYEL When I built my hitch I used angle iron inside the current rear crash bar. If I redo that hitch I will NOT use angle again. INSTEAD I'll remove the rear bar and rebuild it all new out of 1x3 or 1x4 Square tubing. For the pin in the hitch I'd weld a piece of tubing over the hole and install a log rod that is able to be found near the exhaust tips. The bumper cover holes will have to be added to the new framing since the original bar will be going away. It's spring steel so it's not easy to work with or rigid enough. ALSO watch out when talking about a Fiero Hitch... Hulki seems to think them's are Fightin' words!

Nellie This year I'll be an early arriver. I'll have to get with John on this Hope not to leave him in any position that he doesn't desire. By being an Early Bird I can set up sooner and chip in more for eats. Party harder, and work to help prepare the camp. Also I really Loved camping. Who knows I may have to tell John to find a ride of his own so I can bring my daughter. She'll be 6 by then. She's guaranteed to be a little cranky on the first day but I'm sure she'll make friends with Carter and Cassy then open up to everyone. This seems to happen every time I take her to events. As far as what I left up there... I gave you guys Two Texas Flag chairs, Left one tent it thing it was in a small black bag or Red I'll have to check. And John left his Sleeping bag and Inflatable mattress.

Pretty sure I'll still be in my OLD 87GT since I don't see me getting my 88 Choptop ready by then, since I'm doing ALL of the work myself and don't get ANY help around here. Hey can we have an event in Texas We'll call it DIYStu's Pitty Party! :-)

[This message has been edited by DIY_Stu (edited 11-06-2010).]

JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2010 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post
I woke up this morning to a couple links that Stuart sent me on Skype. Looks like he has been doing his research!

A continuous hot water heater for $114

http://www.hotcampshowers.com/inc/sdetail/1257

And a shower enclosure for $139

http://www.hotcampshowers.c...s___privacy_shelters

For $250, which I am certain we can get together and cover the cost, it seems like a really good solution!

Yes, I did leave a sleeping bag and air mattress there, with instructions that you could use it yourselves, loan em out, donate them to the Boy & girls club, or have for next year.

If anyone in the area has a spare Fiero that they want driven to the car show, get with me I will be flying in again. Doing some mapping, I am just about as far as you can get in the Continental US, other than the VERY south tip of California from Frazee. That' almost 4 days of just drive time to get there and back, and not really feasible with work / time off and all I can either rent a car, or drive someone's Fiero.

I would like to get there early on Thursday morning and help Stuart and others set things up.

I just have one last thing to say, if you are thinking about getting a hotel in the area............
DON'T DO IT!

Camp Shipman is a LOT more fun then you could ever have in a hotel, and the comradery around the camp fire, the fresh air, and the scenery is just totally unbeatable! I heard so many people saying that they regret staying in a hotel, while we were all hanging out and having a good time at the Shipman's

Just one word of warning, stay far far and away from the very very small tent, it tends to snore quite loudly for it's size (Sorry Chris Hahaha)

I can't wait to see everyone again!

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 11-06-2010).]

Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2010 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
Well, I think we have our transportation plan intact. It's going to be somewhat expensive, but we are taking the truck with the Drama Queen trailered behind. The reason I'm doing this is that Darion will be attending with us this year. He's looking forward to meeting Carter and the car show, and just plain ole' taking a trip by himself with Mom and Dad. Our plan is to meet up with Rick (PK) on his way west, then meet up with Matt (mattwa) and his family, and tbone42 in Ohio. Then we will take it from there.

As much as I would like to stay at Camp Shipman, we are going to be staying at the Holiday Inn in Detroit Lakes again. We loved that hotel, and enjoyed the creature comforts while on vacation. BUT, we will stay at the campfire each night for the fun! Besides, you don't want to see me when I wake up. I look worse than Chris looks all day.
specvgirl1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2010 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for specvgirl1Send a Private Message to specvgirl1Direct Link to This Post
We will definitely be there, no matter what!! We wouldn't miss this for the world. I'm already excited about coming out next year. It's all Hulki and I have been talking about. We've decided that if we take no other trips next year, we will, without a doubt, make it to Frazee. So we can't wait to see everyone next year and hang out by the campfire. Maybe do some more skype (snype) hunting.....

Well, I think we have our transportation plan intact. It's going to be somewhat expensive, but we are taking the truck with the Drama Queen trailered behind. The reason I'm doing this is that Darion will be attending with us this year. He's looking forward to meeting Carter and the car show, and just plain ole' taking a trip by himself with Mom and Dad. Our plan is to meet up with Rick (PK) on his way west, then meet up with Matt (mattwa) and his family, and tbone42 in Ohio. Then we will take it from there.

As much as I would like to stay at Camp Shipman, we are going to be staying at the Holiday Inn in Detroit Lakes again. We loved that hotel, and enjoyed the creature comforts while on vacation. BUT, we will stay at the campfire each night for the fun! Besides, you don't want to see me when I wake up. I look worse than Chris looks all day.

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2010 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post

It's going to be somewhat expensive................... As much as I would like to stay at Camp Shipman, we are going to be staying at the Holiday Inn in Detroit Lakes again.

Andy, I have the utmost respect for you, as well all do, but BOO ON YOU! (JK!) But really....a hotel? For $100 you can get one of those BIG tents that Stuart and I got last year and be quite comftorable. You will pay that for one night in the hotel, if not more! With the air mattress and sleeping bag, I slept like a baby! It was actually more comfortable than my bed here at home LOL.

Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2010 07:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

Andy, I have the utmost respect for you, as well all do, but BOO ON YOU! (JK!) But really....a hotel? For $100 you can get one of those BIG tents that Stuart and I got last year and be quite comftorable. You will pay that for one night in the hotel, if not more! With the air mattress and sleeping bag, I slept like a baby! It was actually more comfortable than my bed here at home LOL.

Coming from a guy who spends all of his days under palm trees and walking barefoot on white sandy beaches.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2010 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post

Coming from a guy who spends all of his days under palm trees and walking barefoot on white sandy beaches.

Well see now, that's not completely true!

The sand is actually more of an off-white

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2010 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
DIY_Stu hummmm I didn't know my buddy Hulki doesn't like trailers on Fieros .... We will be driving over 1490 miles and we gotta carry the camping supplies .... I really dont think its all gonna fit in the trunk especially that the Widow only has half of one !! .... hope you'll forgive me there my Hulki friend .... Does anyone know of an Apple IPhone4 app I can use so you'll be able to track me on Google as we head to Frazee ? Thanks .. Helene and I hope to be in a Fiero convoy to Frazee.... .... This is our itinerary

We will be leaving Levis Saturday the 23rd and should be in the Toronto area on the 26th... 27th should be Grand Rapids Area if there is anyone we can meet up just let us know we are very opened and can modify our itinerary easily... As for the portable shower I also can chip in let us know..

Dan & Helene

------------------

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 11-07-2010).]

Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2010 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

DIY_Stu hummmm I didn't know my buddy Hulki doesn't like trailers on Fieros .... We will be driving over 1490 miles and we gotta carry the camping supplies .... I really dont think its all gonna fit in the trunk especially that the Widow only has half of one !! .... hope you'll forgive me there my Hulki friend .... Does anyone know of an Apple IPhone4 app I can use so you'll be able to track me on Google as we head to Frazee ? Thanks .. Helene and I hope to be in a Fiero convoy to Frazee.... As for the portable shower I also can chip in .... THX all
Dan & Helene

Ahh, yeah I'm not a fan of trailer hitches on Fieros, but I understand why you guys do it, and since you guys are my brothers, I will let it slide.
PFF
System Bot
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2010 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post
I had a hitch on my gt and am getting ready to put one on my formula. I WILL be pulling a trailer up to CS#2 because I'm really not a fan of my gear all smelling like gasoline
nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2010 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipDirect Link to This Post
John - love the portable shower idea. we should get a list of who would be willing to chip in on this (of course we will too). if 25 peeps did, we'd be down to 10 bucks!! It would be a permanent fixture at our camp shipman for MANY years to come or at least until I was too old to care if you showed up or not - or too senile. One thought on this is we do have a portable fishouse that looks pretty similar to that... I think we could rig that up to work which would actually bring us down to peanuts if you minused that expense.

Stu/Andy and Steph - I hope you guys bring your kids!! Carter and Cassie will be more than up to entertaining them!

I think I will be having MUCH more fun next year.... see now that I know you all pretty well I won't feel bad bossing you around LOL just ask jay!! much more delegation and much more relaxation.

as a side note - we just got back from st. paul. jay is like a little kid outside... he found a fiero with the motor and all the parts he needed to put in his fiero (ty's original). 4 speed 350 and the rest sounded like blah blah blah to me... but apparently enough power to keep him happy. - which brings me back to Jon. We have 4 Fieros that will be on the road and 2 drivers. once you get here, maybe you would like to drive one of ours to the show?

camp shipman - an experience you don't want to miss. we have floor space in the house - not much but it is usually pretty clean and without fleas hee hee. anyone is welcome to crash there - first come first serve.

------------------
Nellie - forever Tyler's mommy

nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2010 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipDirect Link to This Post

nellieship

479 posts
Member since Nov 2009

Originally posted by nellieship:

... he found a fiero with the motor and all the parts he needed to put in his fiero (ty's original). 4 speed 350 and the rest sounded like blah blah blah to me... but apparently enough power to keep him happy. - which brings me back to Jon. We have 4 Fieros that will be on the road

after a ride in that beast i might have motor envy
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2010 01:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
nellieship I know what Jay's talkin aboutt the Widow has that type of power......awwwwwsommmmeeee !!!!

------------------

mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2010 01:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post

Hey, that works for me. My goal is to have at least one, maybe two, possibly even three Fiero's caravan up too Frazee with you guys. My mom is already preparing a tool travel kit for if a Fiero needs repair during our travels to different shows throughout the year.
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2010 01:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
Danyel, I have google maps on my phone. I also signed up for google latitude. as long as I have the maps running it updates my position every couple minutes. To be trackable by friends they have to be signed up as well on latitude and a "friend" in your list. I did that this year and Chris and Fiero1Fan kept people updated of my position.
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2010 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post

DIY_Stu

2337 posts
Member since Jun 2007
Nellie, above you mention having to do something a little less of a hassle for food....
Nothing says simple like "Fix it yer own dam self!"
Ok Ok kidding aside Deli Sandwiches chips etc. Something simple. etc.

I could have said something worse like Pot Luck. Let the group set something up.

Hulki. You MUST CAMP on this trip. NO BUTS about it.

[This message has been edited by DIY_Stu (edited 11-10-2010).]

nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2010 07:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DIY_Stu:.
Nothing says simple like "Fix it yer own dam self!"

See that is what is USUALLY on the menu around here. Just ask Jay LOL. jay is always lamenting the fact that "you used to cook... what happened?" well i got fat and tired that's what burgers, brats, weiners is easy and jay likes to grill too. carter also got 2 deer last weekend so we have tons of venison steak if anyone likes that. me I'm not so much a fan but actually I was pretty pleasantly surprised how good it was. our deer around here is corn fed so pretty much like eating a wild cow.

on another note, jay has come up with the deluxe redneck shower system. we are going to temporarily convert his fishhouse which is big into a shower house complete with an electric outlet and mirror in case you want to primp. that combined with the water heater thing and we will be stylin' like uptown.
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2010 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
I don't know if making the fishing house into a shower is such a great idea. May need to convert it into a Holiday Inn Room for Andy. I'll bring the phone for roomservice and a desk so we can all take turns answering it "Front Desk how can I help you" Then you can collect $100 a night from them. We can all take turns smacking the walls throught the night and walking on the roof so the package is more complete.
To me Camping is going to be more of a time to disconnect and live with my new family. Enjoy the cool night not worry about what's on the news or what's happening on the tv. I'll let you fork out $100+ for a bed... I'll bring mine.

My daughter will definately be coming with me. Tell Carter even though she'll be 6 then she's a mean one!

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 28 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock