Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  First Annual Tyler Shipman Frazee Fiero Gathering July 24th 2010 (Page 19)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 28 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28 
Previous Page | Next Page
First Annual Tyler Shipman Frazee Fiero Gathering July 24th 2010 by KEV
Started on: 11-23-2009 07:17 PM
Replies: 1118
Last post by: fierogal123 on 01-03-2011 03:53 PM
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2010 03:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
Ok....I called it in the original tylers toy thread....Tylers car now has nitrous! when did that happen. I love it
IP: Logged
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2010 03:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post

87antuzzi

11151 posts
Member since Feb 2009
page ownage !
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2010 03:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
man..... . ill be there next year with my eclipse.
GMplastic

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2010 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GMplasticSend a Private Message to GMplasticDirect Link to This Post
Fantastic Show!
Attended with LaFierte (son) and had a great time. It was terrific to meet so many of the PFF members and be able to match faces with screen names. You people are the best. The hospitality in and around Frazee was great, the cars were exceptional.
Congratulations and many thanks for putting this all together.
I hope everyone makes it home safely, without any mechanical glitches. We made the 200 miles fine, save for a sticky TPS on the gold 87 GT and a passenger side electric mirror that quite working on the Mera. Minor-minor.
Did I say Fiero people are the best? Fiero people ARE the best!
I'll post some pictures when I get next to something better than this dialup connection this coming week.

Thanks again!
~~Dan & Jeff aka GMplastic & LaFierte
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2010 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

man..... . ill be there next year with my eclipse.

Hell no, you are going to be there in a Fiero, like it or not.
heypal

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2010 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for heypalSend a Private Message to heypalDirect Link to This Post
Wow, where do I start. This is my first Fiero event that I have attended. I read about the caravan from my home on Wednesday night. At that moment I told myself I had to go! Fast forward to Friday afternoon. Cruised up to Sauk Rapids (frantically because I couldn't bail out of work at a desired time, arrgh!) and pulled into the parking lot filled with mid 80's mid-engined beauties. I was pretty nervous because I was by myself and didn't know anybody. But within minutes, I was greeted by a wonderful group of people! Off we go down highway 10 and having a blast! It was so cool to have so many Fiero's cruising down the highway. Then out of nowhere, BAMM! Whoa, what the hell was that! I thought I blew a tire. I limped over to the side of the road and skidded to a stop. I jumped out of the car, a BIT razzled, thinking I would find a shredded Toyo on the passenger front. Nope, much worse. The entire wheel looked like it wanted to be anywhere but in the wheel well of the car. Holy **** ! Now what! I looked back, and about 10-15 Fiero's had pulled over to check on me. Lower front ball joint, toast. NOTHING else was damaged. Tie rod, control arms, body were all scratch free. A select few members stayed to help me out. They took there time away from the rest of the caravan to help a guy they didn't know from Adam. However, they considered me part of the Fiero family and nobody gets left behind. An hour and a half later, the Formula was back on the road. I could not belive it. I thought my weekend was done. I am so grateful for the members that stopped to help out. John, Fred, Stu, Bobby, Steph, Annete, Maddanceskilz, Ulga, and Alex. You guys all rock! I can't thank you enough! There caravan experiance was tweaked to help out a complete stranger. We made it out to Camp Shipman a bit late, but in one piece. I would like to thank the Shipman's as well for there awesome hospitality. What a great event to honor such a great young man. Thanks to all of you and will see you next year!

Heypal
Brandon
nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2010 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipDirect Link to This Post
I would say the weekend was a great success. The highlight for me was watching the line of Fieros coming down our road. They just kept coming and coming. I think last count was 31 Fieros at our house on Friday and somewhere around 50 at the car show on Saturday. We raised 1600 for Roger Marris and had a ton of fun to boot. We had a few breakdowns and a little rain, but that didn't overshadow anything. We think around 100 people give or take filtered in and out of our place on Friday with many friends and family stopping over to meet the Fiero crew. I know Tyler would have loved to be here and that was the only sad part for me this weekend. The strange part is that I have never really cared about cars. I knew Tyler loved his Fieros, but to be honest it was never my thing. I probably wouldn't have gone to a car show like we had on Saturday, not because I didn't care about what Tyler liked, just because that was a "boy" thing. Tyler must have been whispering in my ear this weekend, because I definitely have the bug now. I want my OWN Fiero. I got pretty choked up driving into town on Saturday. I was in a pack of maybe 5 or 6 Fieros driving to Frazee. I really feel like I am a part of your community now, whereas before it was just Tyler's "thing." I wish I would have gotten the opportunity to share something like this with Tyler. You guys and gals are terrific and I sure hope everyone meant it when they said they were coming back next year! I am already wishing it was here... well besides the fact that I am exhausted, sunburned, and my feet hurt

I loved how laid back everyone was, seeing all the campers in our yard, hanging out by the camp fire or in the garage to get out of the rain, eating, talking, having fun. Reservations for next year with special VIP considerations are in the works! I will have to work on a special snoring area for certain someones.... I won't mention any names but you know who you are!

I am uploading my pics to walmart and will post a link to share my pics when I am done. I didn't really get the pics I wanted, but I do have some good ones. I should have taken more pictures of the people who were here, but I got caught up in the pretty cars I hope everyone else shares their photos.... especially looking for one from Andy and Stephanie - the one of us all together.

Many miles of safe travel to everyone and I will work on my required number of posts as outlined by Synthesis and try not to be just a lurker LOL.

------------------
Daneele - aka Tyler's mom

KEV

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2010 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVDirect Link to This Post
I have to say i had a great time this weekend myself! I wish I could have stayed around for the Parade like i was planning but I had to head back home because of my Grandfather not doing well..

nellieship- a big "thank you" to you and Jay for the great time and food! It was a true blast and can't wait till next year!

Also a big thank you to the town of Frazee and Karen & Dave Gray for everything they did! I was totally blown away with the large turn out of cars! I was told they get around 25-30 cars for this show in the years past, I feel we blew there minds with 102 cars and half them being Fieros!!

I hope all you make it home safe and sound!

------------------

1999 GMC Jimmy 2dr 4x4
1987 Fiero Coupe 5spd...04' 3400 V6 swap!
1985 Fiero GT 3800 N/A ...3800 S/C being rebuilt now.
1984 Fiero Indy #1098 w/ Centerline Wheels,Hooker Tri-y header and Indy Scoop with Strobe's

Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2010 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
I made it home, after dropping Stu and John off at the hotel in the Cities..

I am sore, tired, sun burnt, and ecstatic with the way the event played out.

Nellie and Jay,

Thank you so very much for the hospitality you extended to a rag tag group of strangers for the weekend. You have a beautiful home on a beautiful piece of land.
I heard a few snorers out there in tent city. Not quite sure who they were, but I will be sure to come prepared for next year.

Many memories were made this year. The Fiero community has never been about the car, but about the people. Something that was proven this weekend around the campfire, and in the garage while escaping the mosquitoes during the rain.

I had a blast, and still have not regained all the hearing in my right ear.. Thanks Carter!

I am very happy that you have the bug now. Ever since the build, you have been the adopted family of the community, and a part of it... Now you just have to meet the minimum posting criteria we laid out at your place.

I look forward to next year, and will be posting all of the photos I took for this year, along with some super awesome video...

102 cars, 47 entered Fieros, 2 others not entered, but at the show, and one out at the Shipman home that did not come in for the show puts us at an even 50 Fieros in Frazee this weekend. The Parade today was amazing. Seeing the long string of Fieros that stuck around for it was just the coolest thing... Especially with the historic Pace Car #3 pacing the parade, followed closely by Tyler's Toy, and Cassidy's go-mobile (the red one). FieroSTS and RareW66 also brought two Indy Go-karts, and those ran around during the start of the parade tossing candy... A nice touch. The Fieros were a hit at the show and the parade.

As I stated before, Tyler's Toy took a main show trophy, and the "Best Fiero" trophy, as well as the People's Choice.
Stars&Stripes took the POCI Tomahawk Chapter's "Tyler Shipman Award", presented by Rusty Hanes.

A total of 12 main show trophies were given, a "Best Fiero" Trophy, a People's choice, and the award by POCI Tomahawk.
Three other vehicles, a 1951 Oldsmobile 88A, a 68 Camaro SS, and a Mid-50's Chevy Truck took three of the main show trophies, with John Olson, FieroSTS, Tina, Pete Grosz and Carter Shipman taking five of the last nine. R Runner and Purple Reign took two more of the remaining awards. I am so fried I can't remember the last two.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2010 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
Another unforgettable weekend in Frazee! A big success on all levels.

heres a taste

Some of the caravan into Frazee.

Dinner at "Camp Shipman", the garage where Tylers toy resides.

Rooftop shot of one end of the show.

Rooftop shot at the other end

The two carts getting well used

VikingRedBaron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2010 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VikingRedBaronSend a Private Message to VikingRedBaronDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Sure was odd seeing John with a SMALL camera !!!

I guess he got tired of holding the BIG one.

I am anxious to see what he got for pics.

BTW nice pics 2.5

PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2010 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
Some Videos to capture the moment

Rooftop view 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBsEloxjYlk

Rooftop view 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkGFRIJrJe4

A little background story, and a few awards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVxQzWytseU

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 07-25-2010).]

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2010 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
The final day at Camp Shipman... rough editing, some cuts cause the video quit recording.. Filmed on a Canon Powershot a400...

carbon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2010 07:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

The final day at Camp Shipman... rough editing, some cuts cause the video quit recording.. Filmed on a Canon Powershot a400...

Oooo... someone gonna get it for the MJ stuff... LOL...

I will try to get some pics up tonight... I was way too tired when I got home...

[This message has been edited by carbon (edited 07-26-2010).]

AWDimpreza-L

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2010 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AWDimpreza-LSend a Private Message to AWDimpreza-LDirect Link to This Post
I had an amazing time! Wish I would have gotten up there earlier and met some folks, either way, it was awesome, and I'll be ther next year! The 153 mile drive was a TREAT! Got to see the wadena storm damage, some amish folks, the good old 84 performed flawlessly!

Here is a crappy cell pic of my car and some of the others, my wife had the good camera, so her pics will be posted later!

------------------
84 2m4 72 whp 108 wtq, stock.

[This message has been edited by AWDimpreza-L (edited 07-26-2010).]

LaFierte

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2010 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LaFierteSend a Private Message to LaFierteDirect Link to This Post
Excellent show... great turn out.... Can't wait for next year. I'm currently trying to figure out this whole uploading pics to the forum thing.... have about 500 of them plus about twenty videos totaling about an hour and a halve (drive to/from frazee, awards, cars, etc.) It was great to put some faces behind the names of the people.

And if you haven't seen chris's video in the above post but have seen the stories of the ball joints, calipers, etc..... MadDanceSkills changed his starter during the show with different tools from the cars around him.... chris mentioned it being typical fiero guy thing over the loud speakers and the camera guy spent about 20min over there with a camera under the car. (LOL)

For my dad and I (driving the 88 Mera and the 87 GT) no major problems just a rough start at the hotel with the Mera but otherwise a great drive with lots of scenery over the 100 mile swamp.

Hope to see more of you there next year,

Jeff
carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2010 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LaFierte:

I'm currently trying to figure out this whole uploading pics to the forum thing.... have about 500 of them plus about twenty videos totaling about an hour and a halve (drive to/from frazee, awards, cars, etc.) It was great to put some faces behind the names of the people.

Jeff

Posting Pictures: The Definitive Guide - Fight the Red X campaign
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2010 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post
Well, the wife and I left immediately after the parade on sunday (which was AMAZING btw) about 2:30pm. Arrived back in Indianapolis this morning at 7:30, drove straight through. God it's good to be home!

Let me just repeat exactly what everyone else already said.....

Sucks to be you if you weren't there!!!
LaFierte

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2010 09:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LaFierteSend a Private Message to LaFierteDirect Link to This Post
On the pic subject: Says max size and bits are too big... so do I just resize all of them or what?
LaFierte

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2010 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LaFierteSend a Private Message to LaFierteDirect Link to This Post

LaFierte

199 posts
Member since Mar 2010
Well got em up on face book 200+ images plus the videos... so now for pff

[This message has been edited by LaFierte (edited 07-26-2010).]

cornersonrails

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2010 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsDirect Link to This Post
This weekend was a BLAST and a HUGE success!! I was happy to finally meet the people that I have talked with over the internet. Everyone was great and are the nicest people. I now know why Stu's screen name is DYI-Stu.....lol. I cant believe he made the 1300 mile journey from Texas. I also cant believe Bob for staying up for as long as he did and still had a big smile on his face. I am guessing that David stayed up just as long. Dan with the black Mera and his son were nice as can be. Paul (rrunner) It was great talking with you and showing me the constellations. John out of Florida, what can I say....I want the video fo my car going backwards at 60 mph. That was frickin AWSOME! Synthesis (Chris) I think did a great job of running everything. Definatley a take control type of guy who is a great public speaker. Nick, thanks for bringing me by the Amish's home. It was a great experience. Carter, I want to thank you as well for coming with us and explaining to me about the Amish being inbred...hehehe. You are a trip Carter!

Jay and Daneele, (finally learned to pronounce your name correctly)
I want to thank you guys for turning your property into Camp Shipman for us this year and many years to come!
It was a pleasure meeting you both and I thank you for your hospitality. Who new that the world is really that small. I will pop in most likely to say hi to your sister Dovee (spell check) since she is only 20 minutes from me.

Here are just a few of the pics that I had taken.
Finally making it to Frazee after 12 hours of leaving my house.

David and Olga

A train was coming through town every 40 minutes or so. It was crazy.

Another train...

another train....

another two trains...

The only thing I regret is that we didnt get a Camp Shipman photo of everyone together. Maybe next year.

PFF
System Bot
cornersonrails

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2010 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsDirect Link to This Post

On the pic subject: Says max size and bits are too big... so do I just resize all of them or what?

Yea, just resize the images.

LaFierte

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2010 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LaFierteSend a Private Message to LaFierteDirect Link to This Post
my god that will take for ever.....
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2010 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

my god that will take for ever.....

Removed link for possible malware...

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 07-26-2010).]

nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2010 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipDirect Link to This Post
VikingRedBaron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2010 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VikingRedBaronSend a Private Message to VikingRedBaronDirect Link to This Post

This is a good picture
cornersonrails

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2010 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsDirect Link to This Post
Great photos! I wish I could have stayed for the parade on Sunday
LaFierte

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2010 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LaFierteSend a Private Message to LaFierteDirect Link to This Post
Chris that download doesn't work so well.... had a Trojan in it.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2010 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Chris that download doesn't work so well.... had a Trojan in it.

Odd. I'll remove the link.. Just google search "Microsoft Image Resizer Powertoy"
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2010 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Synthesis

12207 posts
Member since Feb 2002
Time lapse from the roof of my car pointing at an angle across the street... The right side of the video shows the back of Tyler's Toy...

It washes out once in a while as the sun would keep coming out from behind the clouds. I tried to normalize this somewhat...

And yes, my avatar on the left side is dancing to the tune in the song...

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 07-26-2010).]

LaFierte

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2010 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LaFierteSend a Private Message to LaFierteDirect Link to This Post
got it figured out but I have to run to work so i'll try and post em tomorrow... chris link is fine its another one on the page though that is bad.... plus it didn't work because i'm running vista (over loads it).
PFF
System Bot
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2010 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post
Hey when is KARE 11 supposed to air their report on the car show???
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2010 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
I just wanted to say something before it gets too far or causes any grief...

I am receiving a lot of praise for putting on this car show from all directions... People are saying I did it.

I did not. I am and was a regular participant, along with everyone else who helped.

I couldn't even begin to name people, as there were so many involved in the behind the scenes planning and the amazing amount of effort and detail that it took to get this done.

I believe the reason I am getting the praise is because I stood up and took the microphone, and "hosted" the show... I only did that cause I knew Kev wouldn't have.

The effort put into this show was literally more than one person could have handled, and there were MANY others who put in a lot more effort than I did.

Please, don't give me credit for this show, but thank Minnesota Fieros Forever, Dave and Karen Gray, and the dozens of others that invested time and money and effort.

This year was a HUGE success, and I am very much looking forward to next year!
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2010 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
Just got back from the hospital with my wife Helene today ... I'm glad to see pics and videos are already up .. had lots of time to think about all of you and your weekend spent with the Shipmans for Tyler's Memorial Show. Glad also to see Andy made it too... I guess I'm the only Dream team member who still hasn't touched Tyler Toy Rest assured my wife and I will be there next year with the Widow. I also like to thank John and Mary for taking their time to help me get some beers to you guys ..... I uploaded a video for you guys that I made on tuesday.... if you didn't get the chance to see it here's the link ...... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByDVg3kRCoE

Take care best wishes to the Shipman's and thumbs up to all the fiero owners who made it ... we'll be seeing you guys in 2011...

Helene & Danyel

------------------

http://www.blackwidowfiero.com

MOBILE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2010 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MOBILESend a Private Message to MOBILEDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguy123:

Hey when is KARE 11 supposed to air their report on the car show???

Yeah, Anyone know???

------------------

Intercooled SC3800 II/III mated to a Getrag. 19's with 13" Brakes on all 4 corners. 5 years in Avionics & 15 years in Car Electronics Experience.

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2010 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
There is no deadline yet... KARE11 usually spends a couple of weeks weeding through all of their footage and then putting together a segment.

Unlike a reporter crew that has to do a quick turnaround to make it onto the news by 7PM, Boyd and Jonathan film feature segments, and thus have more time to work with.

The build was completed on the 22nd of November, and aired on December 8th, so I would guesstimate a total time of 3 weeks.
carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2010 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post
I am sure Boyde will keep Chris updated... we knew well in advance for the first segment...
MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2010 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
It was quite a weekend. The caravan was a little more eventful than expected, but I do claim some enjoyment from passing people (including my Dad) on the double-yellow twisties on Co.Rd. 34 out of Perhem... it was risky, but fun (and necessary to get the front of the line turned back around).

I picked almost 60 pics from the 300+ pics I shot (mostly on Saturday) - these are just a few of the "highlights". The rest of the "small" gallery can be found here: http://tinypic.com/a/26ufp/3

I was 2 cars behind when we stopped... not what you want to walk up to!
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

Beautiful Sunset @ the Shipmen's on Friday Night:

(exposed for the cars instead of the sky)

The manager of the Detroit Lake Holiday Inn asked if we'd line up our cars for a photo op before we left for the show Saturday morning:

(Eric/AWD Impreza L ~ I had no idea that was your car).

I kind of wish there were more bikes!

Still one of my favorite Fieros of all time!

I really dug the paint on this... without the bright sun it just looked dark/black!

It was nice to see Hot Rods & Fieros "getting along" at a show, as that is not always the case!

My Dad's GT

JohnWPB & DIY-Stu (or at least his head) @ the awards

Paul heading out in Fred's Fiero:

Also, thanks Chris for recognizing MFF & all the volunteers and sponsors... a lot of hard work goes into a show like this, and clearly it paid off!

------------------

Looking for Fiero posters?

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2010 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
This is everything I snapped with my cam... I will try and comment as I can...

Early morning Walmart run on Saturday... Carbon, Cornersonrails and myself... Click images for bigger pictures..

Corneronrails' headlamps..

Downtown Frazee, looking SE toward the Turkey from in front of the bank. People had not started moving their cars yet.

After the show, Tyler's Toy had already won three awards.

The awards:

Profile shot

Profile with Awards

Front 3/4

The awesome Shipman family with the award winner, and Dixie, their absolutely adorable puppy.. I thought that fights were going to break out about who got to kidnap her and bring her home...

Camp Shipman Signpost

Jason, AKA 2.5

Cornersonrails, Some lady who liked to flirt a whole lot, and had a fouler mouth than me, and Grandma C in the yellow shirts. Cassidy on the ground, and Stuart trying to be the first injury of the trip..

Campfire!

Alex, a MFFer on the left, Carter and Cassidy in the middle, Olga sitting on a lap, Daneele in the background... To the right, Nick Butze (Lynxer) in the chair, and Stuart grabbing his butt..

Candid shot of Mrs. Hulki.. This one nearly got me punched cause she went blind from the flash. Fortunately, she couldn't see me...

RareW66, AKA Fred in the back, and Hulki front and center..

Hulki

Mattwa's mom (who turned out to be totally cool, and fit into the crowd perfectly), along with R Runner.

Carter, up close, personal, and I could have sworn, slurring his words... "Get that camera out of my face! *hic* Shtoopid Papa.. Papara.. Camera Guy!"

Carbon, looking beat..

Alex, when Carbon showed him something on the camera, he tried to take it... LOL

This is what happens when you try to roast and eat an oversized marshmallow..

Everyone intently watching Purple Reign as he contemplates the best way to eat an oversized Smore with the giant marshmallows...

Carter, pumped and ready to go Snipe Hunting! He said next year, he'll bring some friends along for the fun.

After the snipe hunting, Carter came back to exact his vengeance on the one who duped him... Only, you shouldn't mess with those bigger than you, or else you'll wind up upside down and pantsless! This was entirely an accident, but made for an awesome picture.

Carter's a tough one. He doesn't quite know when to give up, and came back for more. Fortunately, everyone learned their lesson, and no more depantsing was involved.

Bobby, Fieroguy123 roasting a marshmallow and being ridiculed for it. He should be roasting a MARSHMALLOW

MUCH better!

Oversized Smore!

Sitting on Olga (big nono!) while eating a Smore..

One bite down, 35 more to go!

The final shot of everyone who stayed for the Parade, gathered in in front of R Runner's IMSA for a group shot. It's about the people, not just the cars.

Thank you all for an awesome weekend!

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2010 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:
..... I uploaded a video for you guys that I made on tuesday.... if you didn't get the chance to see it here's the link ...... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByDVg3kRCoE

Take care best wishes to the Shipman's and thumbs up to all the fiero owners who made it ... we'll be seeing you guys in 2011...

Helene & Danyel

Thank you Danyel, and thank you for taking care of tylerstoy.com ! Some of us did see the video on a laptop while we were in the Shipman's garage. It was touching and I pray a speedy recovery to Helene. See ya next year!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 28 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock