Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  First Annual Tyler Shipman Frazee Fiero Gathering July 24th 2010 (Page 18)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 28 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28 
Previous Page | Next Page
First Annual Tyler Shipman Frazee Fiero Gathering July 24th 2010 by KEV
Started on: 11-23-2009 07:17 PM
Replies: 1118
Last post by: fierogal123 on 01-03-2011 03:53 PM
Fiero1Fan

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2010 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
Just talked to DIY-Stu... He made it to Minneapolis and hooked up with Synthesis and JohnWPB. Now he is sleeping.
IP: Logged
heypal

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2010 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for heypalSend a Private Message to heypalDirect Link to This Post
I just finished cleaning the car and packed the tent. I am so pumped for this!
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2010 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
We are currently in a hotel in Perham, near Frazee. Finally finished the 900 mile trip from ohio, took two days (because we actually wanted to get some sleep), but we are here, ready for the weekend events!
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2010 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero1Fan:

Just talked to DIY-Stu... He made it to Minneapolis and hooked up with Synthesis and JohnWPB. Now he is sleeping.

Well he didnt hook up with me yet, I am at 33,000 feet somewhere around halfway between Atlanta and St. Paul

Stu, if you check this thread, as you are not logged on Skype, my flight is slightly delayed, I get into St Paul at 11:49

nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2010 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipDirect Link to This Post
Love love love this sign Hope stu is doing OK. No fun havin' car trouble. I should know... I drive a Subaru. LOL

Originally posted by Synthesis:

Actually, this sign post isn't for everyone... I believe it should be for Camp Shipman... Besides, talented artists can fit two cities in the same direction onto one sign.

nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2010 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipDirect Link to This Post

nellieship

479 posts
Member since Nov 2009

you came just in time for the tornado sirens! feel free to stop over whenever. jay is up bright and early cookin' turkeys. might i suggest the palace on main street in frazee for breakfast? it's the best. say hi to dennis if you stop by.

Originally posted by mattwa:

We are currently in a hotel in Perham, near Frazee. Finally finished the 900 mile trip from ohio, took two days (because we actually wanted to get some sleep), but we are here, ready for the weekend events!

justa6

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2010 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for justa6Send a Private Message to justa6Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85sliverGT:

Anyone else heading up on Saturday interested in caravanning? Were planing on leaving the cities before 7AM.

Blake

are you leaving from bursville at 7? i am in shoreview and thinking of leaving about the same time. (might be leaving from maple grove now) how many are in your caravan?

------------------

My Designs
My Videos
87 Fiero GT 5-speed.
98 Golf K2 5-speed 2.0
Minivan Drivers; they're good for fertilizer. Thats all.

[This message has been edited by justa6 (edited 07-23-2010).]

DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2010 02:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
Ok John has been picked up from the airport and we're at the hotel. We're both too pumped up to sleep, so we're trying to wind down.
Can't wait for the morning.
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2010 02:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post
Well, 1:40 a.m........still painting, fitting parts, rethreading stripped holes etc, yet to load cars & maybe get a couple hours sleep.......

Ahhh well, too wound up to sleep anyhow !!!!!
mattwa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2010 02:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nellieship:

you came just in time for the tornado sirens! feel free to stop over whenever. jay is up bright and early cookin' turkeys. might i suggest the palace on main street in frazee for breakfast? it's the best. say hi to dennis if you stop by.

My mom wants to know if there is anything she can do to help out with the cook out/campfire. Maybe help set things up or bring something you guys don't have? She just hates going empty-handed with you guys doing all this for the Fiero Community.
MOBILE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2010 04:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MOBILESend a Private Message to MOBILEDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PURPLE REIGN:

Well, 1:40 a.m........still painting, fitting parts, rethreading stripped holes etc, yet to load cars & maybe get a couple hours sleep.......

Ahhh well, too wound up to sleep anyhow !!!!!

Well now it's 3:30am, and all the painting and rethreading, etc. is done. Fiero's are loaded and ready to go. I better go get some sleep... Toooo excited....

------------------

Intercooled SC3800 II/III mated to a Getrag. 19's with 13" Brakes on all 4 corners. 5 years in Avionics & 15 years in Car Electronics Experience.

PFF
System Bot
cornersonrails

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2010 05:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsDirect Link to This Post
Well 10 hours before I go to leave the water pump goes out on my car. Scrambeling at 5:00 last night getting one and getting it in. After a nasty vapor lock that took a while to get out I am all good to go. Been up since 3:00 a.m. two nights in a row now because of the excitement. Heading out now. See you guys in Minnesota. Chris
carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2010 07:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post
SWEET... gonna be a good weekend!
lynxer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2010 07:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lynxerSend a Private Message to lynxerDirect Link to This Post
Work SUCKS! I am stuck here till like 3:00 so if anyone gets into Detroit Lakes early you can come see me at work! Go 3 miles West of Town on Highway 10 I am at the place with all the jet skis outside... Excited to get this weekend started!!!!!!
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2010 08:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
Automotive updates... Maddanceskillz is cruising with Fieroguy123.. They stopped North of Madison, WI and promptly proceeded to break down...
Maddanceskillz' starter went out, and they melted a screwdriver while beating on it with a hammer to get him moving again. As of 6:30AM, they were cruising past the Wisconsin Dells.. My understanding is, he doesn't have the funds for a new starter, so I am going to see if Shawn has something laying around...

Chris, glad you got the water pump fixed. It seems to me as if a LOT of people are having car trouble.. Sounds like the merry prankster is at it again...
Fiero STS

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2010 08:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero STSSend a Private Message to Fiero STSDirect Link to This Post
Chris If they can make it to my house I have a starter I will be around untill 10:30
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2010 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero STS:

Chris If they can make it to my house I have a starter I will be around untill 10:30

Tim, do you have room to bring it with? I am sure they can make it into the Cities, and with the caravan and support crew we could easily do a roadside swap if we had to. They should be pulling into the East side of the Cities around 11.

And thank you Tim.
justa6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2010 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for justa6Send a Private Message to justa6Direct Link to This Post

Tim, do you have room to bring it with? I am sure they can make it into the Cities, and with the caravan and support crew we could easily do a roadside swap if we had to. They should be pulling into the East side of the Cities around 11.

And thank you Tim.

If he cant, i should ahve one also i could bring up on saturday

let me know,
Joel
Fiero STS

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2010 09:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero STSSend a Private Message to Fiero STSDirect Link to This Post
I will strap it to the go-cart.
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2010 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post
LOL !!!!! lots of starters here, or anything else for that matter. Just call 6one2 8four5 8four four5
85sliverGT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2010 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85sliverGTSend a Private Message to 85sliverGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by justa6:

are you leaving from bursville at 7? i am in shoreview and thinking of leaving about the same time. (might be leaving from maple grove now) how many are in your caravan?

My dad will be driving our l67 fiero, and my girlfriend and I will be following in my Jetta. So far we don't have any plan set in stone, so if you have any ideas on where would be a good place to meet up I'm open to whatever.
PFF
System Bot
KEV

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2010 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVDirect Link to This Post
In a little over a hour once Carbon get's here we will be on our way up to St. Cloud!!

What sucks I noticed my fog lamps fell off.. Oh well time to make some new brackets.

See you all up there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------

1999 GMC Jimmy 2dr 4x4
1987 Fiero Coupe 5spd...04' 3400 V6 swap!
1985 Fiero GT 3800 N/A ...3800 S/C being rebuilt now.
1984 Fiero Indy #1098 w/ Centerline Wheels,Hooker Tri-y header and Indy Scoop with Strobe's

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2010 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

My dad will be driving our l67 fiero, and my girlfriend and I will be following in my Jetta. So far we don't have any plan set in stone, so if you have any ideas on where would be a good place to meet up I'm open to whatever.

Well, remember, the first meet place is Brooklyn Center around 11:15 ......... next stop, Sauk Rapids at 1:00 to 2:00
85sliverGT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2010 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85sliverGTSend a Private Message to 85sliverGTDirect Link to This Post
Shawn I think you are referring to today's meetings, I'm heading up early tomorrow AM
justa6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2010 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for justa6Send a Private Message to justa6Direct Link to This Post

Shawn I think you are referring to today's meetings, I'm heading up early tomorrow AM

well, right now i am planning on picking up my dad in Maple Grove hopefully between 7-7:30. If you wanted, we could meet up, say at the Big BP in Clear Lake. It is on the north side of 10 there, you can miss it. That way we dont have to worry about sticking together through the twin cities. we could aim for like 8-8:15 maybe?

I'll PM you my cell

Joel

------------------

My Designs
My Videos
87 Fiero GT 5-speed.
98 Golf K2 5-speed 2.0
Minivan Drivers; they're good for fertilizer. Thats all.

GMplastic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2010 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GMplasticSend a Private Message to GMplasticDirect Link to This Post
Heading out of Duluth at 8 pm tonight, staying at Baxter overnight.

Lafierte and me will be driving a gold 87 GT and a black 88 Mera

See you all tomorrow morning!!!!!!!!

~~Dan, aka GMplastic
fierohoho

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2010 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierohohoSend a Private Message to fierohohoDirect Link to This Post
Just an FYI to the Minnesota peeps, doesn't look like Kathy and I will be coming up Saturday like we had planned.

My horse AJ was hooked up to the surrey and while we were at the County Fair a steer got loose and spooked him.

The surrey is heavily damaged and AJ has lacerations and scrapes to his back legs.

I have to treat him with Meds and cold water washes of his leg for swelling so I can't go. Have fun and Rob take lots of pics.

If there are any breakdowns within say 40 miles of Mora, MN I have a trailer and can do a pick up and try repairs at my place if possible.

Steve.

Here's a pic of some of AJ's injuries.
Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2010 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post
^ I'm so sorry. Hoping for a speedy recovery!
fierohoho

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2010 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierohohoSend a Private Message to fierohohoDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Cheever3000, he seems to be doing very good at this point but still needs the TLC.
justa6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2010 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for justa6Send a Private Message to justa6Direct Link to This Post
oh man, im sorry! we'll take lots of photos for you steve. HOpe he gets better soon! (my wife loves horses )
mattwa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2010 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
I had a great time at the shipman's house today! Met a lot of people, saw several amazing cars there. If only I brought my Fiero.
PFF
System Bot
mattwa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2010 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post

mattwa

7106 posts
Member since Sep 2008
Here are two pictures (of the many) that I took at the shipman's tonight.

[This message has been edited by mattwa (edited 07-24-2010).]

cornersonrails

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2010 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsDirect Link to This Post
Having breakfast at the Event center in Frazee. Awsome biscuts and gravy for $6.00
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2010 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
I woke up at 4:30AM this morning in my tent lots of thoughts running through my head.. I couldn't get back to sleep. The caravan up fell apart fairly quickly due to several mechanical breakdowns. ProudGT had both front calipers lock up...
Another guy lost a ball joint on his 87/88 Coupe.. Front lower ball joint, at highway speeds.... No major damage, no injuries... An hour later, new ball joint pressed in on the side of the road....

102 cars at the show, 47 Fieros entered.. Two extra Fieros were there, but not entered. Two Fiero go-karts.

12 show placement trophies were given. 9 Fieros won these trophies, one of which was Tyler's car.
One People's Choice award was given.. Tyler's Fiero won.
One "Tyler Shipman" award was given by Rusty Hanes of the Tomahawk Chapter of POCI. Pete Grosz (Stars&Stripes) won this one...

One "Best Fiero in Show" award was presented. Daneele, Jay, Carter, Andrew and Stephanie all came up to help present this award to the Fiero chosen as Best in Show, specific to Fiero only...

Tyler's Fiero won this award.

The turnout was phenomenal, a very emotional day. TONS of people throughout the entire show... LOTS of Thank You's and Hugs from strangers..

Next year will be bigger.
MOBILE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2010 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MOBILESend a Private Message to MOBILEDirect Link to This Post

An hour later, new ball joint pressed in on the side of the road....

102 cars at the show, 47 Fieros entered..

Only in the Fiero group can we spend $20 and fix a major problem on the shoulder of the freeway WITH A PRESS...

As Chris said the turnout was awesome. Very excited to be part of the show, even if I did push the car into it's show spot. This is some severe motivation to finish my swap. I know I'll get flamed for this, but I hope to turn the key in the month of August...

Thanks much to the Shipman family. Absolutely Wonderful food and hospitality last night. The neighbor even let us park the tow truck and trailer in his yard so we didn't have to take it all the way to Detroit Lakes for the night. Daneele has a bunch of beautiful landscaping, and just built a amazing garden with flowers, rocks,and water features all in memory of Tyler. It was really great to meet their family, and all of the Fiero owners. Nice to put faces with Usernames!! LOL...

------------------

Intercooled SC3800 II/III mated to a Getrag. 19's with 13" Brakes on all 4 corners. 5 years in Avionics & 15 years in Car Electronics Experience.

Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2010 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Direct Link to This Post
Ok, you guys have been there all day. Where are the embarassing pictures we were promised.
VikingRedBaron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2010 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VikingRedBaronSend a Private Message to VikingRedBaronDirect Link to This Post
I am guessing in progress.

I`m not too sure if the Shipman`s have wireless.

Remember, most are camping out. Rumor has it, there were odd "Grunting-Growling" noises coming from Chris`s tent last night. I think he was tired !!! LOL

I would guess, as I write this, they are still hanging out in a "Yellow" painted garage.
VikingRedBaron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2010 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VikingRedBaronSend a Private Message to VikingRedBaronDirect Link to This Post

VikingRedBaron

879 posts
Member since Nov 2009
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

[This message has been edited by VikingRedBaron (edited 07-24-2010).]

mattwa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2010 02:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
I really don't know what to say, I had a totally awesome time meeting all you guys, with all the awesome Fiero-heads and jaw-dropping Fiero's. It was really nice to finally put faces to all the names I knew. It all was really inspiring, to see The Shipman's and Tyler's Toy. Had a great time at the show, seeing some amazing cars, getting some ideas from other Fiero's to put on mine, rigging the judging (kidding Chris), and hanging out at Camp Shipman after the show and visiting Tyler's grave site. His grave stone is truly one of a kind, very fitting. The campfire that night was...interesting to say the least.
Btw, SKYPE, er SNIPE!

[This message has been edited by mattwa (edited 08-31-2010).]

mattwa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2010 02:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post

mattwa

7106 posts
Member since Sep 2008

[This message has been edited by mattwa (edited 08-31-2010).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 28 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock