Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  First Annual Tyler Shipman Frazee Fiero Gathering July 24th 2010 (Page 15)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 28 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28 
Previous Page | Next Page
First Annual Tyler Shipman Frazee Fiero Gathering July 24th 2010 by KEV
Started on: 11-23-2009 07:17 PM
Replies: 1118
Last post by: fierogal123 on 01-03-2011 03:53 PM
cornersonrails

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2010 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by KEV:

Ok kids....

I'm looking at us all meeting around 1-1:30pm in St. Cloud off Hwy 10 & Hwy 15 merge together. I'm heading up there to double check the spot I'm thinking of for us to meet and i'll report back asap with the details.

Everyone ok with this plan so far?

O.k. Looking at mapquest it should be 7:15 minutes to St.Cloud from me. I will leave at 5:00 a.m. and it should put me up there somewhere around 12:00. I will most likley by a radio of some kind to listen and talk to everyone. I am very exited for this day to come. I cant wait to meet everyone, Chris
IP: Logged
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2010 04:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

I got to see something show related today that only 2 others have seen... And it looks FANTASTIC! And no, I won't divulge what it is... It is specific to the show, and an extremely important part of the awards ceremony at the end... You'll all love it when you see it.

You're killin' me......
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 295
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2010 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
Got an email from Karen Gray today. The city of Frazee has sponsored a DJ to provide an announcement system and music for the show. Awesome!
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2010 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by R Runner:

You're killin' me......

Don't worry, it is REALLY cool and worth seeing

As for the DJ, that is just icing on the cake! Will ensure that a nice sound setup is in place for speeches, announcements and such... nice!

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 07-14-2010).]

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2010 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post

JohnWPB

5181 posts
Member since May 2009

On another side note, for those not familiar with the other thread about camping at the Shipman's:

Please, if you are planning on camping at the Shipman's for the weekend, post in that thread and say so, so we can get a rough idea on if more tents need to be purchased ect ect. Thanks!
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/081383.html

PURPLE REIGN

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2010 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

No burnout. Safety issues... I am sure you could get away with it once or twice in your car... But nothing "sanctioned", so drive your toy.. It will look good on film.

WHAT ????? !!!!! No burnout contest ??????? WTF ?????
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2010 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PURPLE REIGN:

WHAT ????? !!!!! No burnout contest ??????? WTF ?????

You can do a burnout if you want :P

Just, nothing officially sanctioned... If you get ticketed for it, you are responsible...

I am sure that we could arrange for a "safe" spot to have people do it if those chose to..
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2010 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post
Not that the following statement relates to burnouts specifically but I am thinking in general.....

The Fiero Community needs to be on good behavior for the weekend. We will be in the national spotlight with the KARE 11 crew there. I know I sound like a party pooper, but on the contrary..... we are going to have a very cool time while there. I would just hate to see the community get a black eye with Frazee after so much has been positive. An accident, speeding through town, not picking up after ourselves, etc.

This has been a public service anouncement......

Okay.... I'll stop.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2010 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
Wow I am so glad you guys got a caravan together

Ok so…
The convoy leaves at 11:30 am from
Embassy Suites - Minneapolis, Brooklyn Center
6300 Earle Brown Drive
Brooklyn Center, MN 55430

Heads to…
St. Cloud off Hwy 10 & Hwy 15 meeting around 1-1:30pm

I hope to meet up with you all one of these places and join the caravan!
The plan for the trip up there is my wife in the Silver 2m4 and I driving my Blue 72 Skylark.

This is gonna be cooool

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2010 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post
Sounds great! Also sounds a bit strange having 2 meeting places.. The reason for it is that some are gonna be in St. Paul over night, and we will then all drive together to St. Cloud, to meet up with everyone else to get everybody together for the full caravan to Frazee. I will be flying in, but at least will get to caravan shotgun in DIY_Stu's Fiero

R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2010 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post
On the other hand, I think having two points helps, because it has a better chance of working with everyone's schedule. If you think you will miss point #1 then you can go straight to point #2.

BTW.... not much talk about Thursday night yet... Plan?
PFF
System Bot
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2010 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Not that the following statement relates to burnouts specifically but I am thinking in general.....

The Fiero Community needs to be on good behavior for the weekend. We will be in the national spotlight with the KARE 11 crew there. I know I sound like a party pooper, but on the contrary..... we are going to have a very cool time while there. I would just hate to see the community get a black eye with Frazee after so much has been positive. An accident, speeding through town, not picking up after ourselves, etc.

This has been a public service anouncement......

Okay.... I'll stop.

Agreed... Maybe after the hubbub dies down a bit, we can start doing bigger stuff..
Shawn, you could always enter your car in the Demo Derby.. Or better yet, Eric could put his John Deere in, it would run about the same as the other cars in the Demo Derby.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2010 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Synthesis

12207 posts
Member since Feb 2002

On the other hand, I think having two points helps, because it has a better chance of working with everyone's schedule. If you think you will miss point #1 then you can go straight to point #2.

BTW.... not much talk about Thursday night yet... Plan?

Nothing set in stone. I believe that Shawn mentioned he'd be up for Thursday night at his place... There is an Applebee's pretty much next door which could serve as a foodage source.. Or I am sure we could find something more "Twin Cities" if we had to.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2010 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post
I don't think DIY_Stu, AutoMark, and I will be able to make any plans to get together Thursday night for dinner I do not land in Minneapolis till 11:30, and Stu and AutoMark are driving up from Texas to get me at the airport

Maybe a drink or 2 at the hotel bar around 12:30 am ?

DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2010 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
Hot n spicy Bloody Mary for me. maybe 2

Hey Mark I know you haven't posted in here but you need to see the maps I've come up with.
There's two toll sections to IH 35 and as far as I can see it'll cost close to $15 to take it the whole way up. SO I also made a map for "Avoid Toll Roads" This one takes us OUT Highway 75 to Highway 69 to get to I 35 in Kansas city just after the end of the toll roads.

IH 35 all the way is Miles 1011 16:30
Here's the Avoid tolls map Miles 983 Time 16:50
http://tinyurl.com/26l8drl
So do we skip the tolls for a little slower road or what?
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2010 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post
Works out to about a $1 minute 20 minutes additional in a 15 hour trip seems like nothing. Hell $15 will almost give an extra tank of gas in a Fiero LOL

EDIT: On second thought, does this mean you would be 20 minutes late picking me up at the airport?!

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 07-15-2010).]

ProudGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2010 01:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ProudGTClick Here to visit ProudGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to ProudGTDirect Link to This Post
Kansas Turnpike Toll from Oklahoma State Line to Emporia, KS exit 127 is only $6.00 ($11.00 for Truck/Trailer). Highway 69 from Muskogee, OK to Big Cabin, OK is 60 miles of bad, bad road. If the rough road and construction doesn't get you, the speed cops will. Staying on Interstate 35 will save you at least 2 hours compared to the Highway 69 / 75 route.

[This message has been edited by ProudGT (edited 07-15-2010).]

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2010 01:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post
Well, I just spent a couple hours emailing just about every car club I could find in MN, and telling them about the show

Yesterday I emailed CNN, MSNBC, Fox News, CBS, ABC, NBC, and any other media outlet I could find (In 24 hours now, not a single response from the networks)

I figure the more cars we get to the show, the more money raised on entry fee's

Maybe we can all put together a nice iReport to submit to CNN

DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2010 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
ok sounds like intestate for us then. That's probibly better anyhow.
cornersonrails

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2010 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsDirect Link to This Post
Why doesnt the Frazee Forum list the car show for Saturday? They show one on Sunday though. http://www.frazeeforum.com/...D=61&ArticleID=21552
GTGeff

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2010 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cornersonrails:

Why doesnt the Frazee Forum list the car show for Saturday? They show one on Sunday though. http://www.frazeeforum.com/...D=61&ArticleID=21552

You're looking at 2009!
PFF
System Bot
cornersonrails

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2010 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsDirect Link to This Post
LOL!!! Thanks.
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2010 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2010 02:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cornersonrails:

Why doesnt the Frazee Forum list the car show for Saturday? They show one on Sunday though.

Hahah yea, give this one a try:
http://www.frazeeforum.com/...D=61&ArticleID=23361

DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2010 02:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
That's classic! HA HA HA HA!!!!
MOBILE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2010 04:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MOBILESend a Private Message to MOBILEDirect Link to This Post
Well, it's 3:30am on my 5th day/night at the hospital with my son after he had a bunch of surgeries Monday morning, so I'm a little behind on getting the Fiero done. He is doing well, but taking a while to recover. On Tuesday morning I had to leave his side and get rushed downstairs to the ER myself, turned out to be Kidney stones. Since I was laid off a few weeks ago, I thought I'd have a lot more done on the car...

Thursday night, R Runner, Automark, JohnWPB, Myself and Stu will all hang out and BS about anything/everything. If Shawn is available, maybe hang out at Shawn's shop and poke fun at Chad's yellow hoist decoration.

Hardy Har Har... That being said, if anyone wants to see the "hoist decoration" come down and make this show, you'll have to hang out and BS with a WRENCH in your hands instead!! I'm sure we'll still be trying to pull a miracle out of our butt on Thursday night at the shop.

Originally posted by Fosgatecavy98:

I suspect about 90% of the work to be done within the last 24 hours of that count down lol

You will be correct on that... That's the Mobile way !

Looks like with my mom in the hospital last week, and my son and I this week, I have no choice but to uphold my panicking last minute reputation...

------------------

Intercooled SC3800 II/III mated to a Getrag. 19's with 13" Brakes on all 4 corners. 5 years in Avionics & 15 years in Car Electronics Experience.

85sliverGT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2010 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85sliverGTSend a Private Message to 85sliverGTDirect Link to This Post
Chad- what all needs to be done to your car to get it on the road? Let me know if I can give you a hand with anything, I could be available any night this comming week.

-Blake
MOBILE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2010 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MOBILESend a Private Message to MOBILEDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85sliverGT:

Chad- what all needs to be done to your car to get it on the road? Let me know if I can give you a hand with anything, I could be available any night this coming week.

-Blake

Thanks!

I have a lot of little stuff that is kicking my arse. I will hopefully finish all my ECM wiring this weekend, then I need to extend some harnesses for the aftermarket gauges, run some lines under the car for the intercooler, and finish assembling the fuel system. The engine is in and half plumbed, and the headers Shawn built got Ceramic coated yesterday. There is a lot left, but if I can make it drivable, I'll finished the rest after the show.

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2010 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post
Get to work....slacker

Mostly what's needed now is the headers back, to finish building the rest of the exhaust system. Finish plumbing. Installing the Intercooler & plumb it. Then it might make it down the road...............with a tow strap
MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2010 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

Then it might make it down the road...............with a tow strap

Wouldn't your car be jealous of someone else's car using it's tow strap?

------------------

Looking for Fiero posters?

RAREW66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2010 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RAREW66Click Here to visit RAREW66's HomePageSend a Private Message to RAREW66Direct Link to This Post

Ok kids....

I'm looking at us all meeting around 1-1:30pm in St. Cloud off Hwy 10 & Hwy 15 merge together. I'm heading up there to double check the spot I'm thinking of for us to meet and i'll report back asap with the details.

Looking at the GPS, what is at the intersection of 10 and 15. Looks like 7 hours of drive time for me to get there.

Fred
PFF
System Bot
nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2010 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipDirect Link to This Post
I don't think there is anything at the intersection of 10 and 15... maybe a gas station right off 10 on 15. A little before on 10 before 15 in St. Cloud there is a little cluster of things like Wendy's, another restaurant, maybe subway if I remember right and at least one gas station.

Originally posted by RAREW66:

Looking at the GPS, what is at the intersection of 10 and 15. Looks like 7 hours of drive time for me to get there.

Fred

------------------
Daneele - aka Tyler's mom

MOBILE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2010 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MOBILESend a Private Message to MOBILEDirect Link to This Post
Daneele, I spoke to my brother-in-law Shane (Hjulberg) the other day, and it sounds like he and family had a vacation to the black hills planned for next weekend. I wanted to let you know that myself, Cassandra, kids, and my mom & dad will be up at the show. I don't know if my Fiero will make it, but we're coming either way.

Can't Wait!!

Chad Morley

Get to work....slacker

Mostly what's needed now is the headers back, to finish building the rest of the exhaust system. Finish plumbing. Installing the Intercooler & plumb it. Then it might make it down the road...............with a tow strap

Headers are back, and SLACKER is at a car show!!

Originally posted by MinnGreenGT:

Wouldn't your car be jealous of someone else's car using it's tow strap?

ROFLMAO

------------------

Intercooled SC3800 II/III mated to a Getrag. 19's with 13" Brakes on all 4 corners. 5 years in Avionics & 15 years in Car Electronics Experience.

R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2010 04:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post
6 more days!

(and why did this make it to page 2? )
DrRodey

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2010 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DrRodeyClick Here to visit DrRodey's HomePageSend a Private Message to DrRodeyDirect Link to This Post
Wish could join everyone for the full weekend. I'll definately make it up for the show on Saturday though, be bringing my son to his first car show too which should be fun, but unfortunately won't have a car there unless I decide to load it back on the trailer first. (unless I can sell $500 worth of firewood really quickly) See ya there!!!
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2010 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post
Wish I could join you guys, I've been trying to find a way to get away from work, but I'm tied down. Have three employees out for various reasons.

I was planing to use the trailer to "camp out" in. Have the trip saved on the GPS and the air mattress & camping stuff packed in storage bins. All ready to throw into the truck.

Best wishes to you all & hope everyone has a safe & fun trip. God bless you all.
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2010 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post
On a more serious note....

Does anyone know, will there be an organized visit to Tyler's final resting place or will that be left up to us to do on our own?

I want to make sure I pay my respects.
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2010 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
I'm pretty sure there can be. We'll be passing it at least twice a day.
fieroguy123

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2010 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post
Pretty sure we'll all be making our way to see him at some point or another during the trip. I had the same thing in mind, just didn't really wanna post it.
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2010 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post

Ok kids....

KEV...

Have you found a parking lot near that intersection for the group to meet? I am interested so that I can plug it into my GPS.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 28 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock