Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  First Annual Tyler Shipman Frazee Fiero Gathering July 24th 2010 (Page 12)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 28 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28 
Previous Page | Next Page
First Annual Tyler Shipman Frazee Fiero Gathering July 24th 2010 by KEV
Started on: 11-23-2009 07:17 PM
Replies: 1118
Last post by: fierogal123 on 01-03-2011 03:53 PM
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2010 08:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post
WooHoo I OWN this page!... mine... mine... all mine!

Wow, I can't believe the reluctance of people to do a camp out for the show! You bunch of woosies LOL. The Shipman's have already reserved 2 porta-potties, well before we were actually taking them up on the idea of camping on their property.

First there is just the plain fun of it! Everyone hanging around the Shipman's in the evening, and sitting around the camp fire.

In Tyler's mom's words:

Ok now I am really excited! First of all, we LOVE to camp. We have bonfires ALL the time. AND we are just plain excited to have everyone come over. This is not stressing me out at all... and believe me it would be ME stressing out if anyone. I think it will be a blast!

We are gonna have PLENTY of room, as Stu is bringing 2 small tents, and a LARGE 10 person tent. I purchased another 10 person tent as well. For those that can afford to help with the cost, it will be a whopping $20 each for as many nights as you want to stay! For those that are on a tight budget, no one will be turned away, as there will be plenty of room! Compare $20 for as long as you want to stay, or around $360 for 3 nights in a hotel...... (See the photo in the post below for the Hotel going rate, which is no longer available, as that discount rate expired a month ago)

Rain? there is a really small chance of rain at the end of July in Frazee, and if it does, SO WHAT! All of the tents are gonna be water proofed ahead of time, and we have a few canopies that are going to be set up, to sit under and stay high and dry, as well as the large tents.

Personally, I could have easily booked a hotel room, as I have been sneaking money aside for this trip since January I had a room all lined up in Detroit Lakes.... Then when the camping was mentioned, I decided it would be far more memorable and fun that sitting in a stuffy hotel room at night, when I could be hanging out with everyone at the Shipman's around the bonfire. I travel quite a bit, and have stayed in hotels totaling around 2-3 months in the past 2 years from Canada, to China, to Vegas... This will be a nice change of pace for sure!

For information check out this thread:
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/081383.html

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 06-21-2010).]

IP: Logged

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2010 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
Hey all, this past weekend my wife and I placed a bunch of flyers at the "back to the 50's" carshow in St paul MN. They included the info about his story on the back of them. I hope alot of cars show up!

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 06-21-2010).]

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2010 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post
The flyer looks great! Can you post a shot of the back of the flyer?
VikingRedBaron

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2010 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VikingRedBaronSend a Private Message to VikingRedBaronDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carbon:

The only negative is one of two things, that I can see; the Shipmans apparently live off of a dirt road and some people are hesitant to drive their 'show' cars off pavement... unpredictable rain is the other.

I for one don't care... Although, packing up a wet tent does suck the big one.

The dirt road is a short one, not like 10 miles or anything.

This should not be a problem.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2010 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

The flyer looks great! Can you post a shot of the back of the flyer?

(Not my design so i can't take credit, I'm just a delivery man ) They are sweet flyers though.

Here are the flyers from the other thread, anyone anywhere please print and help advertise:

*Front side:

Printable PDF of the same flyer is here.

Printable Word Document:
http://www.chalnet.net/images/Tyler/sideB.doc

*Back side with Tylers story (Important to include):

*version one, I used:
http://www.chalnet.net/images/Tyler/sideb2.doc

version 2:
http://www.chalnet.net/images/Tyler/sideA.doc

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 06-21-2010).]

DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2010 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
This post is meant to be read in good humor and hopes. No inflammation meant by it. If inflammation does occur please consult your doctor for treatment

Hey carbon that's a good idea. I'll contact Frazee to see if they'll pave it to the Shipman's house. Would be cool if they would. Just drive slow. And packing up wet tents.... You don't need to bring one. Let us Gun Ho guys worry about the wet tents. Just don't pee in them please....

[This message has been edited by DIY_Stu (edited 06-21-2010).]

VikingRedBaron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2010 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VikingRedBaronSend a Private Message to VikingRedBaronDirect Link to This Post
Hey, just get Synthesis to call them.

After what I saw him pull off in November, he can do ANYTHING !!!

nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2010 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by VikingRedBaron:

The dirt road is a short one, not like 10 miles or anything.

This should not be a problem.

With the directions I posted there is almost exactly 1/2 mile of gravel from tar to our house. we drive the hot rods real slow.
VikingRedBaron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2010 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VikingRedBaronSend a Private Message to VikingRedBaronDirect Link to This Post
See, I was right !!!
carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2010 07:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DIY_Stu:

This post is meant to be read in good humor and hopes. No inflammation meant by it. If inflammation does occur please consult your doctor for treatment

Hey carbon that's a good idea. I'll contact Frazee to see if they'll pave it to the Shipman's house. Would be cool if they would. Just drive slow. And packing up wet tents.... You don't need to bring one. Let us Gun Ho guys worry about the wet tents. Just don't pee in them please....

I for one don't care...

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2010 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post
Um......how long IS this dirt road ???
PFF
System Bot
carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2010 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PURPLE REIGN:

Um......how long IS this dirt road ???

Originally posted by nellieship:

With the directions I posted there is almost exactly 1/2 mile of gravel from tar to our house. we drive the hot rods real slow.

IMMA LERN TA REED!!!

0.5mi = 2640ft = 31680in

[This message has been edited by carbon (edited 06-23-2010).]

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2010 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post
"SHUT UP RICHARD" ( farley voice ) I wasn't going to detail read 12 pages to find that out

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2010 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by nellieship:

Somebody say hot rods?
What are you drivin'?
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2010 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Somebody say hot rods?
What are you drivin'?

Ummmm..... well...... just a guess here, and really just a total stab in the dark........ but the first thing that comes to mine is Tyler's car

DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2010 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post

Synthesis proxy post

Boyd Huppert and Jonathan Malat from KARE 11 will be attending the Show and the BBQ!!!

This is nice so be sure to pack your JACK WITH THE REPORTER STUFF.
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2010 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post
Somebody bring an extra invisible suit so I'm not on camera again, Lol

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2010 08:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

Ummmm..... well...... just a guess here, and really just a total stab in the dark........ but the first thing that comes to mine is Tyler's car

Hot Rod, hehe yeah I guess it is one!
carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2010 08:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post
2.5... get rid of the huge picture of you holding flyers or shrink it... it messes up the width of the whole page...

johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2010 09:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
Unfortunately I found out on Friday that I will be deploying ASAP. Tickets are booked for second week in Jul so no way I can make it now. That throws quite a wrench into my summer plans. Plans for small repair jobs and a new headliner now on hold. Just time enough to go to Tail of the Dragon for a week for 4th of July and a little time with family then depart for the sandbox again.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2010 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

Unfortunately I found out on Friday that I will be deploying ASAP. Tickets are booked for second week in Jul so no way I can make it now. That throws quite a wrench into my summer plans. Plans for small repair jobs and a new headliner now on hold. Just time enough to go to Tail of the Dragon for a week for 4th of July and a little time with family then depart for the sandbox again.

Sorry to hear, it'll be annual though, so you'll get more chances! Plus we'll take lots of pics, etc for the forum
PFF
System Bot
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2010 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Sorry to hear, it'll be annual though, so you'll get more chances! Plus we'll take lots of pics, etc for the forum

Hmmmm.......11,000 post since 2007, so what's your part time job
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2010 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

Keep your head down and eyes open and moral up! Pop in ASAP and give us an address to ship care packs to.
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2010 04:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2010 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by PURPLE REIGN:

Hmmmm.......11,000 post since 2007, so what's your part time job

ah you know little a this, little a that , little pennocks
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2010 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
Wont be making it this year guys. Cant afford a ticket out there.

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 06-30-2010).]

carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2010 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

Wont be making it this year guys. Cant afford a ticket out there.

Drive, like you said you were going to... pansy.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2010 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
Yeah pansy!

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2010 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Drive, like you said you were going to... pansy.

Dont trust either of my fieros on that long of a trip and my jeep.. well with what ill pay in gas i might as well fly out there.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2010 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
But thats the adventure ya never know what's gonna break!

Naa, if your wheel bearings are good, you are good to go

Seriously though, I hope you can get over one way or another.
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2010 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
PK, you could meet me at my house, and we (and if anyone else wants to join, that would be cool too) could caravan to Frazee in our Fiero's and help each other if one breaks down.
PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2010 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by mattwa:

PK, you could meet me at my house, and we (and if anyone else wants to join, that would be cool too) could caravan to Frazee in our Fiero's and help each other if one breaks down.

Lol thats the problem... i dont even trust it to ohio.

Ill think about it though... I think the red one might do fine.

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 06-30-2010).]

KEV

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2010 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:
Dont trust either of my fieros on that long of a trip and my jeep.. well with what ill pay in gas i might as well fly out there.

Come on Sally..pull up the skirt and drive the Fiero here....

------------------

1999 GMC Jimmy 2dr 4x4
1987 Fiero Coupe 5spd,Steel Wheels
1986 Fiero Base Coupe 5spd..Steel Wheels Baby!
1985 Fiero GT 3800 N/A ...3800 S/C being rebuilt now.
1984 Fiero Indy #1098 w/ Centerline Wheels,Hooker Tri-y header and Indy Scoop with Strobe's

carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2010 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post
Get to work KEV...
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2010 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
Check ALL FLUIDS!
Check Belts
Hoses,
Hose clamps,
Tools,
spare parts,
fuel can
wipers,
lights.
Cell Phone and Charger that works in the CAR!
Two way radio for car to car talk. Everyone needs to bring one of these.

[This message has been edited by DIY_Stu (edited 06-30-2010).]

Bump

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2010 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BumpSend a Private Message to BumpDirect Link to This Post
sooooooo...... heres a question that I hope was not addressed already. If so, I missed it. Sorry.

I am coming to the Shipman show by myself (well, with my GT of course) and not knowing anyone in the fiero community other than through the forum, how will I know who anyone is? Do I need to print out a manual with each persons screen name and a shot of their car to bring with me?

Or just walk up to everyone I see and repeat nervously: "Hi, my name is Bump, and I'm a fiero-aholic."
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2010 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bump:

sooooooo...... heres a question that I hope was not addressed already. If so, I missed it. Sorry.

I am coming to the Shipman show by myself (well, with my GT of course) and not knowing anyone in the fiero community other than through the forum, how will I know who anyone is? Do I need to print out a manual with each persons screen name and a shot of their car to bring with me?

Or just walk up to everyone I see and repeat nervously: "Hi, my name is Bump, and I'm a fiero-aholic."

The latter.. Show up with a Fiero, and then just look for the other Fieros in town... I am sure that we can provide maps/address info for the BBQ on Friday night.. The show will be in Downtown Frazee, so we will be guiding cars in and parking them on Saturday..

Also, I am sure we can arrange to have a phone number or three on hand for people coming into town.
Bump

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2010 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BumpSend a Private Message to BumpDirect Link to This Post
Oh, no. I am not worried about finding the location. I am worried about walking around all day, talking to myself.
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2010 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bump:

Oh, no. I am not worried about finding the location. I am worried about walking around all day, talking to myself.

And that is different from the norm how?
Bump

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2010 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BumpSend a Private Message to BumpDirect Link to This Post
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 28 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock