Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  What can you get for $300 these days? (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
What can you get for $300 these days? by GT-X
Started on: 11-17-2009 06:24 PM
Replies: 48
Last post by: katore8105 on 07-25-2010 12:36 PM
GT-X

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2010 06:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GT-XSend a Private Message to GT-XDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero1K:

Sent you a PM on the bolt on paint job - may solve all of my Fiero problems. Also, Top Gear top tip: if you paint the A-Pillar (windshield surround) black, it will look very cool and much better than met. red with the rest of the car being gloss red. Just a thought - it's what I plan to do.

Also wondering: how does the duke sound with dual exhaust and GT tips?

Pm returned. Also the duke sounds like a buzzy four banger.
Seriously though, there's an l67 in my garage that's begging to take up residence in the dukes house.

As for the roof... I'm not too worried about the color as the whole car is going to get sprayed after I'm done with it

[This message has been edited by GT-X (edited 07-15-2010).]

IP: Logged
ALJR

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2010 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJRDirect Link to This Post
Glad to see another one saved!
Doni Hagan

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2010 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganDirect Link to This Post
Wow....$300.00 ?? When I saw the thread title, I was gonna say "one hour of companionship in Las Vegas." However, include me amongst the haters!! Are you sure he didn't make the title in Windows PaintShop?

Screw the car....how much you want for the dawg??

[This message has been edited by Doni Hagan (edited 07-15-2010).]

GT-X

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2010 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT-XSend a Private Message to GT-XDirect Link to This Post
He's the best dog in the world. No really, I know everyone says that but he really is. for the last 10+ years hes been by my side at all times. He never needs a leash, he never needs reprimanded and without ever having sat down and actually taught him anything, he will do anything I tell him. Sit, stay, lay down etc. He is protective without being aggressive. I can invite you into my house and he will treat you like an old friend, however if you tried to break in or tried to hurt me, you'd be sorry. He even took to herding cattle like a duck to water with no real formal training.

He also listens to very complex requests: Several nights ago I heard a loud noise outside and my motion lights came on so we went out to do a sweep around the house. With no more than a point and saying "go that way" he went around one side of the house and I went the other way. We met on the other side just in time for him to chase a coon off!

His favorite thing in the world asides from me is frisbee. In his prime he was damn good too. Sadly hes getting older and has sore knees now so we don't play often anymore.

In short, he's not for sale. Not for any money nor all the Fieros in the world.

~Tyler & Gir
(he was named Grr before Invader Zim existed I changed it to Gir after)

[This message has been edited by GT-X (edited 07-15-2010).]

Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2010 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganDirect Link to This Post
I totally understand the love...These are my "boys" Marley & Reggae.

Sorry about the lousy pic. It's my cell phone.

[This message has been edited by Doni Hagan (edited 07-15-2010).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2010 01:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

GT-X

Nice job on the find, body swap, and upgrades ! Throw some aftermarket wheels on there and you got yourself one sweet ride !

I am surprised with your experience that you didn't chop it while you had the panels off,

Ever find out if the new owner fixed up your choptop roadster ??

GT-X

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2010 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GT-XSend a Private Message to GT-XDirect Link to This Post
The new owner of the chopster ran a body shop in southern MI. Within a month of buying it he had it finished. He painted it a pearl white. As far as I know its still running around up there.

As for this car, I took the time to do everything factory correct for a reason. I used all original fiero wiring and ran it all in exact factory locations. Not a single wire was cut/spliced. Asides from the VIN and the no longer there rpo codes, no one could tell this isn't a real GT.

Stay tuned you will see more out of this car! L67 as a temporary powerplant for starters. Then there's the matter of these glass windows in a wooden crate here in my garage....

~Tyler
GT-X

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2010 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GT-XSend a Private Message to GT-XDirect Link to This Post
FYI,I have a whole heap of extra parts left from this conversion. If you need anything check the mall. I will have a post up there sometime later today. It's all '88 parts too.

~Tyler
katore8105

Feedback score:    (28)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2010 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katore8105Click Here to visit katore8105's HomePageSend a Private Message to katore8105Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguy123:

I think I'll add this just because I can. The 88 coupe is the only 4 cyl car that had slots on both sides of the rear bumper for exhaust because it's shared with the formula. Someone added the dual exhaust with the chrome tips from a gt. the formula's and coupes has the black slash style tips. Aside from the door sticker, the rear bumper is the only way to tell an 87 and 88 coupe apart.

Edit to add: I'm in the "I hate you" club....

Not sure if you had factored in the SE 4 cylinder cars but I know the 87 SE with the 4 cylinder came with the dual notches and v6 exhaust. They are uncommon since most SEs were V6s but they did come factory that way. My car came factory that way evidence of the paperwork.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock