My custom widebody 88 by northeastfiero
Started on: 08-30-2009 02:15 PM
Replies: 73
Last post by: northeastfiero on 12-07-2010 05:59 PM
Madscanner

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2009 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadscannerSend a Private Message to MadscannerDirect Link to This Post
Hiya NE

Liking it!
IP: Logged
pistonbroke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2009 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pistonbrokeSend a Private Message to pistonbrokeDirect Link to This Post
Hi, I'm going to follow this with great interest, I'm from Cheshire UK and have been planning a DIY widebody using foam. Good luck keep up the good work
northeastfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2009 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for northeastfieroSend a Private Message to northeastfieroDirect Link to This Post
Hi a few of tonights pics

The start of a spolier

Rear end shaped for lights

countach711

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2009 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for countach711Click Here to visit countach711's HomePageSend a Private Message to countach711Direct Link to This Post
Wow! You do amazing work, and fast too! I am thinking about doing a custom one-off on my next project so I'm going to be following this build with interest, keep it up!
pistonbroke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2009 04:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pistonbrokeSend a Private Message to pistonbrokeDirect Link to This Post
Are you using a 2 pack or single expanding foam?
northeastfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2009 05:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for northeastfieroSend a Private Message to northeastfieroDirect Link to This Post
It is the two part foam. Will try and get some more pics up later today.
pistonbroke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2009 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pistonbrokeSend a Private Message to pistonbrokeDirect Link to This Post
Well I'm not holding my breath, the weather has been lousy so I'd be very surprised if you managed to get anything done. I'm trying to sort an old 2 door Range Rover and the more rust I grind out the more appears with this rain!!!!

Good luck!
07Hoffmannd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2009 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 07HoffmanndSend a Private Message to 07HoffmanndDirect Link to This Post
rear glass! sweet. thats something ive always wanted to see. it might get a little foggy in the cold though. are you gonna get a windshield wiper for it? oh yeah. and is the original vertical glass still there?
Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2009 02:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaDirect Link to This Post
Lookin good.
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2009 04:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
I just build my rear with expanding foam in a can it took about a litre to do each guard quite expensive really i am lucky i didnt have to pay full price as i work for a hardware store but it still cost me $50 for the three cans i used. I used it as sparingly as possible but it still worked out expensive in my opinion. How did you purchase your foam i know in another country but how did you make it cost effective. I would think it would be cheaper using sheet foam for as much as possible and use only the liquid for shaping the hard areas.
northeastfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2009 05:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for northeastfieroSend a Private Message to northeastfieroDirect Link to This Post
I didn`t like the way the rear glass looked so I have redone it. The two part foam is expensive like everything in the UK, it works out at £50 or $82.7 us for 10kg of foam. 1kg of foam expands to roughly 1 cubic foot. I am already halfway through my second 10kg of it. It is about 3 degrees outside at the moment nice and cold working in a steel garage, I will post pics later today of any progress.
PFF
System Bot
northeastfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2009 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for northeastfieroSend a Private Message to northeastfieroDirect Link to This Post

northeastfiero

511 posts
Member since Mar 2005
Some more progress pics.

The new rear hatch starting to take shape

Sofa King

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2009 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Sofa KingSend a Private Message to Sofa KingDirect Link to This Post
LOVE IT! Keep moving forward
northeastfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2009 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for northeastfieroSend a Private Message to northeastfieroDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Sofa King. I could say the same for your project your doing a great job.
pistonbroke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2009 02:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pistonbrokeSend a Private Message to pistonbrokeDirect Link to This Post
Hi, I'm not sure where your getting your foam from but these guys have always been very helpful on previous projects.

Looking good so far

http://www.cfsnet.co.uk/aca...Foam_Liquid_415.html
FallenShadow 2m4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2009 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FallenShadow 2m4Send a Private Message to FallenShadow 2m4Direct Link to This Post
Lookin good so far! Ive always wondered how ppl costum make their wide body kits. I'll be following this one closely as well lol..

Btw, who's garage did ya take over? I rember you saying you don't have one..

------------------
--FallenShadow

northeastfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2009 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for northeastfieroSend a Private Message to northeastfieroDirect Link to This Post
Time for an update. I am looking for some connstructive critisism any new ideas you think might work and what dont. Now is the time for any changes.

You can see the new rear hatch in this still lots of work to get it rgiht.

Originally posted by FallenShadow 2m4:

Btw, who's garage did ya take over? I rember you saying you don't have one..

I bought a 6 x 3 steel garage for now I will probably oly be able to keep it here for another month.
northeastfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2009 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for northeastfieroSend a Private Message to northeastfieroDirect Link to This Post

northeastfiero

511 posts
Member since Mar 2005
I measured the width earlier it is now 78" I dont know how this compares to anyone elses.
northeastfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2009 06:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for northeastfieroSend a Private Message to northeastfieroDirect Link to This Post
A couple moe pics

FieroFury33

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-18-2009 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFury33Send a Private Message to FieroFury33Direct Link to This Post
fantastic, im a a newbie at body work, hwow do you form the shape of all this? im curious? Does it require being good at art?
northeastfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2009 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for northeastfieroSend a Private Message to northeastfieroDirect Link to This Post
This is my first attempt at bodywork. I have wasted more foam than I wanted to, I used a surform block plane a straight edge and a hand sander to get the shape. The harder part is the opposite side which requires templates to be made. One of my big problems is I have not really had a plan and have made a lot of it up as I have gone along. I am supprised no one has come up with any suggestions of what lloks bad or could be improved. A bit of others ideas ad input can`t be a bad thing. No work done today it`s -2 and snowing my little heater is struggling in theese temps.
PFF
System Bot
Rick 88

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2009 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by northeastfiero:

This is my first attempt at bodywork. I have wasted more foam than I wanted to, I used a surform block plane a straight edge and a hand sander to get the shape. The harder part is the opposite side which requires templates to be made. One of my big problems is I have not really had a plan and have made a lot of it up as I have gone along. I am supprised no one has come up with any suggestions of what lloks bad or could be improved. A bit of others ideas ad input can`t be a bad thing. No work done today it`s -2 and snowing my little heater is struggling in theese temps.

No offense, but I think the rear lip flare and lower door skirting are a little to heavy (overdone). I don't know what tires and wheels you are going to be using. I would remove the lip extension ( or blend it into the rear fender) and taper in the bottom of the lower skirting for a less angular lower edge. I don't know it this makes sense. Other than those items, I really like the work, and give you lots of credit for your imagination.

[This message has been edited by Rick 88 (edited 12-18-2009).]

northeastfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2009 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for northeastfieroSend a Private Message to northeastfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rick 88:

No offense, but I think the rear lip flare and lower door skirting are a little to heavy (overdone). I don't know what tires and wheels you are going to be using. I would remove the lip extension ( or blend it into the rear fender) and taper in the bottom of the lower skirting for a less angular lower edge. I don't know it this makes sense. Other than those items, I really like the work, and give you lots of credit for your imagination.

Thanks this is what I am after. The lower door are quite large I dont know if it will look less when the extended rocker pannels are done. Is it the wheel arch extensions you are talking about I did them yesterday to see what they looked like I thought it looked a bit flat without them.

Keep the comments and critisism coming.

Forgot to answer your other question. I have 18x 9.5 at the moment but will get som 19x11 or 19x12 for the rear

[This message has been edited by northeastfiero (edited 12-18-2009).]

northeastfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2009 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for northeastfieroSend a Private Message to northeastfieroDirect Link to This Post
Still i a bit of a quandry as which way to go, I ca`t quite decide on how to make it look. The rear flares need to be blended in better I need to get the lower mouldings done to see if it is bottom heavy.
I won`t be offended if you have anything negative to say I just need a bit of guidance and opinions from another party.

Thanks I will finish rambling on now.
pistonbroke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2009 05:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pistonbrokeSend a Private Message to pistonbrokeDirect Link to This Post
I agree with Rick88, I like the curve on the rear arches but the lip looks too heavy. If you slim it down and blend it in with the rest of the rear wing/fender it should look right.

Keep it up I like it. I have too many projects on the go at the moment but will start mine soon
northeastfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2009 08:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for northeastfieroSend a Private Message to northeastfieroDirect Link to This Post
Have made a few of the suggested changes lessed the lip on the wheel arch and took 1" off the width of the bottom ad altered the shape aswell.Let me kow what you think.

Thanks

northeastfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2009 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for northeastfieroSend a Private Message to northeastfieroDirect Link to This Post

northeastfiero

511 posts
Member since Mar 2005
Got some new headlights delivered today for the frot flip hood, will be a while till I get them fitted though.

SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2010 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post
Any Updates ...???

------------------
Steve
Aka. "SmoothGT"
(r.i.p.)
" SmoothGT-'w8c' ".....
rough est. date 04/02/2011.....

BabyVet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2010 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BabyVetSend a Private Message to BabyVetDirect Link to This Post
wow thats looking awesome love fact that your doing it in the freaking cold shows how much of a trooper you really are!!!
SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2010 07:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post
bump... updates?
TommyRocker

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2010 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TommyRockerSend a Private Message to TommyRockerDirect Link to This Post
You think maybe he froze to death working in the cold? He said it was -2, which is like 25 degrees here. Pretty nippy for a Brit, isn't it?
PFF
System Bot
Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2010 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by TommyRocker:

You think maybe he froze to death working in the cold? He said it was -2, which is like 25 degrees here. Pretty nippy for a Brit, isn't it?

It was like -25 here last week... -2 is pretty much summer weather
TommyRocker

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2010 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TommyRockerSend a Private Message to TommyRockerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Custom2M4:

It was like -25 here last week... -2 is pretty much summer weather

Are you talking -25C or F?
northeastfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2010 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for northeastfieroSend a Private Message to northeastfieroDirect Link to This Post
Things are on hold for the moment as I have been working for the last 6 months and we will be relocating in the next 3 - 4 months.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock