Best Fiero Headlights by redfieroman2
Started on: 08-08-2009 11:52 PM
Replies: 79
Last post by: doublec4 on 09-10-2010 09:44 AM
Austrian Import

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2009 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post
Slight threadjack: Could people post pictures of aftermarket foglights installed on a Fiero? What locations did you use, how did you mount them?
IP: Logged
CaliforniaSpeeder9

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2009 02:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CaliforniaSpeeder9Click Here to visit CaliforniaSpeeder9's HomePageSend a Private Message to CaliforniaSpeeder9Direct Link to This Post
Dont do it Max I havnt seen a single Fiero that looked good with extra lights. But then again, to each his own

[This message has been edited by CaliforniaSpeeder9 (edited 08-11-2009).]

pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2009 02:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by CaliforniaSpeeder9:

Dont do it Max I havnt seen a single Fiero that looked good with extra lights. But then again, to each his own

It all depends on the bumper. the aero looks good only as it sits. the 355 front that i have look like dog s*** with the 2 empty holes in the front of it.

Rufus88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2009 07:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rufus88Send a Private Message to Rufus88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by tmur115:

west coast fieros

about the fifth item down
http://www.westcoastfiero.c...specialty_items.html

=todd=

Originally posted by pavo_roddy:

HI all

Check out WCF in the link below, scroll down till you see headlite door restraint.......

http://www.westcoastfiero.c...specialty_items.html

edit: Hmmm, someone beat me to it, by 1 minute.....

Thanks guys

needed those, there was a guy riding along side me with a bimmer at 80, I could see him pointing and read his lips he was saying "look at that cool car" to his chick next to him, just as he looks over at me my headlight doors flew open one at a time, had to slow down to 40 before they closed again....

that was imbarrassing

Rufus
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2009 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CaliforniaSpeeder9:

Thanks for the advice. The only foglights I've seen so far are Darren's (GGF temporary member from Sacramento) His looked decent when lit at night. (only saw them for a short while though)

I'm not going to mount foglights though. I'm going to mount other things in a similar location though. Principle is the same.
chucks85fastback

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2009 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chucks85fastbackClick Here to visit chucks85fastback's HomePageSend a Private Message to chucks85fastbackDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

My slim pop up HIDS

so did you just cut down the plastic frame thing? because if so i am definitely going to try that, it looks nice. and inexpensive.
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2009 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
Here's my attempt at a low profile headlight setup. I have a new version in the works. This one turned out well but it is limited to just low beam. I used the "high beam" head lamp and adjusted them so they do not blind on coming traffic. They wrok great around town but it really needs to have a high beam for the country roads. The small driving lights add good light just in front of and too the sides to compensate for the light pattern of the high beam lamp. The next version will use the same housing with a Hi / Lo HID bulb. I am currently working on adapting a mounting flange to the back of the Camaro housing. I will also raise the light in the bucket but will be able to trim another inch off the overall "open" height of the light.

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2009 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by chucks85fastback:
so did you just cut down the plastic frame thing? because if so i am definitely going to try that, it looks nice. and inexpensive.

yup, just cut down the plastic frame, relocated an aiming screw and mounted the new smaller headlight.

------------------

Check out my build!
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000100.html

Ayrow

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2009 02:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AyrowClick Here to visit Ayrow's HomePageSend a Private Message to AyrowDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by newf:

Was there a lot of work involved getting these to fit?? They look Great!

ShaddowGT - Yes, this is the RX-7 mod

Newf - Yes, it is a tremendous amount of work - espcially if you want it to look good.
Lots of trial and error.

Good Luck!
Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2009 09:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Vendetta:

Thanks guys heres a new updated picture of them.

Austin

Nice.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2009 09:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2354 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by Rufus88:

oh btw I found the rx7 lights done in the previous conversion on e-bay for $115

here's the ebay addy
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...fPart sQ5fAccessories

Rufu$

These may look pretty good surface mounted as well. Price is a steal.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 08-22-2009).]

PFF
System Bot
northeastfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2009 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for northeastfieroSend a Private Message to northeastfieroDirect Link to This Post
I have a set of theese I have not had time to test fit yet.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2009 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaDirect Link to This Post
Cover may need to be tweeked to fit the hood profile, but I think that'll be a winner. It probably removes about 10 lbs. of weight from the car.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 08-22-2009).]

northeastfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2009 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for northeastfieroSend a Private Message to northeastfieroDirect Link to This Post
I will dig them out and sit them on top of the car.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2009 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaDirect Link to This Post
There is a similar item for the C5 Vette which has a clear bubble cover. Also will need tweeking to conform to the shape of the bonnet.
northeastfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2009 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for northeastfieroSend a Private Message to northeastfieroDirect Link to This Post
Here is a quick shot of them resting on the bonnet. They are almost the same size as the headlight door covers.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2009 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaDirect Link to This Post
That should work well.
RickN

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2009 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RickNSend a Private Message to RickNDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Austrian Import:

Slight threadjack: Could people post pictures of aftermarket foglights installed on a Fiero? What locations did you use, how did you mount them?

PM sent...
redfieroman2

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-22-2009 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for redfieroman2Send a Private Message to redfieroman2Direct Link to This Post
those rx lights are meant to flip up?

i wanna see a build thread if that works or if anyone has one
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2009 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCRDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by redfieroman2:

those rx lights are meant to flip up?

i wanna see a build thread if that works or if anyone has one

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/071047.html

Bob
Suufmeister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2009 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SuufmeisterSend a Private Message to SuufmeisterDirect Link to This Post

PFF
System Bot
weaselbeak

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2009 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weaselbeakSend a Private Message to weaselbeakDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero84Freak:

Here's one I came across personally. Notice the red Fiero with the lights relocated to the parking light area. He had the normal headlight doors glassed in, but it wasn't done very good so I didn't get a photo of that.

I thought those were too low to be legal? I entertained the thought some time ago.

northeastfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2009 08:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for northeastfieroSend a Private Message to northeastfieroDirect Link to This Post
Well I thought I might as well fit them. I have gone a different route and have glassed them in so they are fixed to the bonnet.I will post some pics later today.

Carl

[This message has been edited by northeastfiero (edited 08-24-2009).]

northeastfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2009 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for northeastfieroSend a Private Message to northeastfieroDirect Link to This Post

northeastfiero

511 posts
Member since Mar 2005
A couple of pics to start with.

Started to rain so no more today
carbon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2009 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post
LOL... why was the OP banned?
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2009 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carbon:

LOL... why was the OP banned?

Looks like he got a lot of NEG ratings from a lot of people.

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

I think he received quite a few negatives for this thread.

First he resurrected the thread after it being inactive for almost 18 months.

Then in his next post, he says somebody should clone (read: steal) Archie's design.

In his posts after that, he's not making friends either.

And that was just one thread I found.

------------------

World of Wheels Winners
My 3.4L S/C 87 GT
& Super Duty 4 Indy

Iron_Mark_2003

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2009 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Iron_Mark_2003Send a Private Message to Iron_Mark_2003Direct Link to This Post
I never found that member to be quite so agressive. After seeing that thread though, I don't know. Maybe he just had a bad day, but his suggestion of someone ripping off Archie was not ethical in the slightest. Like I said, he didn't seem a bother until that point.
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2009 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneDirect Link to This Post
The comeback of the Gator-Eyes from the 80's!

Originally posted by northeastfiero:

A couple of pics to start with.

[This message has been edited by yellowstone (edited 08-24-2009).]

av8fiero

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2009 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroDirect Link to This Post
Here are my headlights, far from finished, not properly lined up yet, and probably illegal, but looks to good in my opinion so i'm doing it anyways. I have alot of cop buddies so I should be ok around home at least

------------------
88blackchopv8

[This message has been edited by av8fiero (edited 08-24-2009).]

HausFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2010 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HausFieroSend a Private Message to HausFieroDirect Link to This Post
I thought those were for nsx's.. If you google nsx headlights you will find some pics of those.. Anyway my favorite headlights are those (not in pop up form) or these other nsx headlights (never seen anyone use it before on a fiero tho) http://image.importtuner.co...a_nsx+headlights.jpg

Originally posted by Rufus88:

oh btw I found the rx7 lights done in the previous conversion on e-bay for $115

here's the ebay addy
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...fPart sQ5fAccessories

Rufu$

GADJet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2010 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetDirect Link to This Post
So, I definately hate my popups on my 86SE. What do you all think is the best headlight for the price and for the less labor intensive work? I really want to get away from my ugly popups. Thanks.

[This message has been edited by GADJet (edited 09-09-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
8-P

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2010 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8-PSend a Private Message to 8-PDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

My slim pop up HIDS

Those look great. Would that happen to be the TLG kit?
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2010 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
Not the TLG kit, just different sized headlights with cut down buckets.
herkdriver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2010 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for herkdriverSend a Private Message to herkdriverDirect Link to This Post
If it really matters, there may be legal ramifications of modifying your headlights.
An RX-7 halo exchange application site says:
"Euro Clear Lighting is produced for Off-road or Show purposes only. It is not suitable for regular driving conditions since it is without DOT or SAE approval. Users must follow the directions given and any misuse of the Euro Clear Lighting products is at your own risk. We will not be held responsible for using the euro clear lighting products other than specified above."

Wonder which of these lowprofile popup modifications are DOT or SAE approved. I drive enough at night after work to not want to attract attention from Mr Occifer

Hockaday

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2010 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post
doing anything to your headlights including some bulb replacements aren't approved...even if something says its approved does not mean it is.

In all honesty...unless your lights are stupid wrong...like aligned right into the other ppls eyes...( i think you could actually get away with that from what i've seen from on coming drivers ) but basically...long as its a '' normal '' colour...( note the stock blue lights are illegal but...well no one gets pulled over ) and are aimed correctly you'll be ok.
California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2010 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidDirect Link to This Post
I picked Munson Flush Mounts because I liked the look, they eliminated blow open doors at high, and no motors/pucks/gears to worry about anymore. Word of caution though, if you do a lot of night driving, you new some small road lamps to take care of the first 25 feet in front of the car (dead zone).

------------------

Car History: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/025670.html

GADJet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2010 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by California Kid:

I picked Munson Flush Mounts because I liked the look, they eliminated blow open doors at high, and no motors/pucks/gears to worry about anymore. Word of caution though, if you do a lot of night driving, you new some small road lamps to take care of the first 25 feet in front of the car (dead zone).

So the Munson Flush Mounts loose the first 25 feet? WOW! Thats not cool!

California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2010 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GADJet:

So the Munson Flush Mounts loose the first 25 feet? WOW! Thats not cool!

Realistically you can't see anything in the first 10 feet, even when the sun's shining. Secondly if something is stupid enough to get in front of your car in the 25 ft. zone and you're doing better than 25 mph, you're going to hit it anyway due to reaction time and breaking distance, doesn't matter what lights your running. Additional small driving lamps just make you feel a little more comfortable because you're use to having that area lite up a little.

[This message has been edited by California Kid (edited 09-09-2010).]

unboundmo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2010 05:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for unboundmoSend a Private Message to unboundmoDirect Link to This Post
I've said this before...and here it is again

SICK!!

--------------
I like mine too though. I need to take a new picture now with my lower chin attached for the full effect.

------------------

doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2010 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by unboundmo:

I've said this before...and here it is again

SICK!!

--------------
I like mine too though. I need to take a new picture now with my lower chin attached for the full effect.

Thanks! The idea was good, but the light output is so so. Next summer I may try something with better light output
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock