Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Who is waiting for a harness from Loyde Rascoe at Fastfieros? (Page 4)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 12 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12 
Previous Page | Next Page
Who is waiting for a harness from Loyde Rascoe at Fastfieros? by aris
Started on: 06-05-2008 08:36 PM
Replies: 445
Last post by: topcat on 06-12-2010 04:09 AM
Dementia

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2008 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DementiaSend a Private Message to DementiaDirect Link to This Post
While its true that building a wiring is not rocket science its not easy for those that have never worked with tools or material it takes to do a good job. I built mine and it was just sitting in the garage collecting dust cuz I want to many big $$$ mods for my car. I wound up sending mine to a member who lost his stuff to loyd and waiting a year to get his car running. The harness went off without a hitch and he is now enjoying driving his car. I've since sent another member one and plan on building at least 2 if not more. I hope to have a HP tuner in my hands by this friday and learn to do some tuning. DH and Dennis if you guys have experience with these maybe we can talk in a more 1 on 1 like by phone or something. Just so no one flames me for this I didn't get but about half of what loyd charges.
IP: Logged
cunninghamsean

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2008 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cunninghamseanSend a Private Message to cunninghamseanDirect Link to This Post
Even if his shop was closed because of zoneing, harnesses can be built in your living room. Piss poor excuse.

Sean
FIEROFLYER

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 180
Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2008 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYERDirect Link to This Post
No one likes a thief and with the internet all kinds of people are out there trying to rip off others, not only thieves but there is also liars and people who like to play games.
Another scum bag thing is when some one constantly asks questions through e-mails and many phone calls at all hours of the day and night stating that they are making their own harness when the entire time they are making them for the purpose of selling them or when a customer buys a harness off you just to sell it for more or pull it apart to see how it is made and copy it.
I do not mind helping people make their own harness I actually quite often suggest that people do make their own but I do not have any use for game playing liars which the internet seems to be getting more and more of. Dan
Charlie64

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2008 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Charlie64Send a Private Message to Charlie64Direct Link to This Post
I sent Loyde $8400 over 4 years ago for a 355 body kit and for him to build me a new engine. When I contacted him in early 2006 he told me he lost the body kit in a storm and sold the engine to someone else. After some discussion we agreed he would do upgrades to my existing Fiero, which had been converted by Bob (can't remember his last name, but he was about 100 miles south of Chicago). Loyde was going to change the blower, pulleys, add an intercooler, fuel rails, and install suspension upgrade parts. I got the suspension parts from West Coast Fiero which included their coil over spring set (front and rear) and Koni Shocks front and rear as well as a bump steer kit from Held Motorsport. These parts alone were about $1500. Bob appraised my car at @18000 prior to his retirement from the business. I sent my car and the parts to Loyde in July 2007. He promised to have it ready by October 07 then it became March 08 then June. The last time I heard from Loyde in July 08 he told me he hadn't even started on my car. I've been trying to reach him since August and despite numerous emails and voicemail he hasn't responded to anything. I'm even getting back a certified letter I sent him last week that he didn't pick up from the post office (I sent it to his house not the P.O. Box) asking him what his intentions are. I've read the blogs about the shop being his life, but how hard is it to reply to an email and keep someone informed about what's going on with their car? From my situation alone this is 3 counts of felony theft certain to guarantee reservations in Huntsville (Texas Department of Corrections). Only Loyde can stop this from happening, but what other conclustions can anyone come to when he's not communicating with anyone and gives the appearance that he's "gone into hiding"? Had I known any of this about Loyde I would have definitely gone elsewhere.

[This message has been edited by Charlie64 (edited 11-03-2008).]

Genopsyde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2008 03:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GenopsydeClick Here to visit Genopsyde's HomePageSend a Private Message to GenopsydeDirect Link to This Post
I posted in another related thread but wanted to add my name to the list. paid for the harness build and ecm program in april of 08. pretty much the same story as everyone else. money taken, and the only thing delivered so far is a bunch of excuses.
ohio86se

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2008 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ohio86seClick Here to visit ohio86se's HomePageSend a Private Message to ohio86seDirect Link to This Post
I have had dealings with Loyde some 3 years ago. Things did not go as planned and we had agreed that he refund my money and we went on our way. I have to say that somebody local to Loyde needs to check up on him and see if he is around. Maybe he is not able to make things right.....things happen.

I am not at all condoning his actions by any means, but I am saying maybe something has happened to him. Call the local officials or have somebody there check on him. Has anybody actually talked with him? Seen him?

------------------

" DRIVE IT LIKE YOU LOVE IT"

Back On Holiday

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2008 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AusFiero:

I emailed him about a PCM tune he owes me and apparently he is in China until November 25th.

Well, countdown is less than 2 weeks til he possibly returns....
Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2008 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTDirect Link to This Post
I'm telling you if my car was sitting in his back yard rotting I would move all the vehicles out of the way and get my car out. Honestly regardless if he makes things right, if he simply can't respond or call any of his customers to let them know the issues at hand he is making himself look like a fool. Usually when someone goes out of town or is going to be out for an extended period of time, they close for business in that time. Maybe he thinks business is shut down when he is gone, when people have spent thousands of dollars on lots of stuff with him and in return they get nothing no response or anything. The sad reality is people trusted Loyde with everything, hell I even went down to see him in March of 2004 to have him look at my 5spd 3800sc swap and help with any problems I might have. He was a cool guy, but things change and looks like he has decided to not only let his personal life overtake his business but make it have such a negative effect that he might be out of business or at least not trusted by very many for a long time. I feel Will's pain, I couldn't do it, I would have all my friends whoever, get my car out of there so the thing didn't rust away. Hopefully he chimes in soon when he gets back but I'm not holding my breath. I think all that is out of money should request refunds from him because we all know how long some have been waiting and is it really worth the wait?

The best solution is to take your car to FTW Motorsports here in Wichita, KS and let fieroX do the work, he has a shop, a business and makes it happen!

-Amir

------------------

1 of 2: Graphite Grey Pearl 87 GT 5 spd: 2.8L (Best 1/4 mile: 15.57@87mph, 2.0 60ft)
2 of 2: Ferrari Red 88 Formula/4T65EHD: 97 GTP Motor (Best 1/4 mile: 12.0@118mph, 1.89 60ft w/True Street Radial Tires not Drag Radials!)
NEW ENGINE SETUP COMING SOON! STAY TUNED!!!

My CarDomain Site
My Friend Garrod's CarDomain Site

pumpkincarriage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2008 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pumpkincarriageSend a Private Message to pumpkincarriageDirect Link to This Post
Yall need to get together and talk to a lawyer, send the lawyer all of each of your proof and let the lawyer take care of this. You aren't likely to get what you ordered and you are less likely to get your money back. And it's ridiculous for all of you (and I know there are many, many more who haven't posted here) to sit here and talk about it without being serious enough to do anything real about it.
Loyde has been making excuses for this kind of thing for at least 3 years, 4 possibly... Think about it, he had no other job until Fall '07.... That's two or three full years he lived off money he pretty much stole from you. And no one is willing to call the cops or get a lawyer?

Supposedly he is in China (which is an excuse he uses often, if you haven't noticed), although I know for a fact he has had contact with people during the time he was supposed to be gone. Not to mention, if he can afford the time and money to go to China for yet another bride how can he not do the work you all paid him for?

I talked to a local guy tonight who has paid Loyde $18,400- and Loyde has had his car for over 3 years now! He could get his car back whenever he wanted, it just wouldn't have an engine and he would still be out all that money. He could go sit on Loyde's door step all day, every day and ask Loyde for his money back each and ever time Loyde left the house... But would it do him any good?

I'm tired of hearing about this stuff, only the people who have been ripped off (and yes, you have been ripped off) can legally do anything about it and yall need to do it sooner than later. The longer you wait the more people he can scam, the more people who won't have their cars, who won't have their parts, who won't have their money!

-Amber

And before anyone brings it up... Yes I know where Loyde lives, Yes I know where Loyde works (or used to, if he quit). But No, I cannot get a hold of him, and No I have not spoken to him since Summer '05 when I purchased a junk car from him.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2008 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

I agree if loyde is ripping people off it is maybe time for someone else to step up and take the reins and be the top 3800 guy.

Fiero X certianly has shown he has the ability to put together one hell of a car,...maybe it is his time to shine.

85duke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2009 02:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85dukeSend a Private Message to 85dukeDirect Link to This Post
Has anything come of this?
PFF
System Bot
red84fieroman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2009 03:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for red84fieromanSend a Private Message to red84fieromanDirect Link to This Post
wow just read every single post in this topic

maaannnn, i got my first Fiero and made an account on here on the exact day of Jan. 1 2009.... This whole time i thought the Fiero world was a paradise a sports car utopia.... I've now seen the dark side of the Fiero world... her i was thinking the fiero world was all blue skies, palm trees, burnouts in the snow, v8 archie 3800sc'z & chopping tha top..... i'm now humbled and will do my best to keep everything within my city (miami)

[This message has been edited by red84fieroman (edited 01-12-2009).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2009 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by red84fieroman:

Wow. I just read every single post in this topic. I'm now humbled and will do my best to keep everything within my city (Miami).

IMO, others might be reluctant in expressing themselves regarding their experiences with various shops therefore you'll receive greater responses from others through Pms verses G/C, Tech, or on O/T. Once a connection has been made, plenty of phone calls should follow, and a friendly visit to the shop of your choice would help.
85duke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2009 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85dukeSend a Private Message to 85dukeDirect Link to This Post
Red don't let this topic keep you from seeking outside work just heed this warning and do your research. There are many vendors for this community that are a bleesing to us. And in order for them to keep going is for us to use them when needed. On the other hand there are some who practice less than desirable bussinness ethics. Don't let their practices keep you from enjoying the many products and services that these other vendors have to offer. If you come across a vendor who seems sketchy use the forum and ask about them and look for feedback. there aree over 16,000 members on this forum and not many fiero vendors I am sure somebidy has somthing to say about each of them. Enjoy the fun and learn from the bad.
petek

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2009 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for petekSend a Private Message to petekDirect Link to This Post
Add my name to the growing list of people scammed and ripped off by Loyde Rascoe of FastFieros. I sent him a good amount of money for a turnkey 3.8SC motor, harness, transmission, etc. to put into a project car.

I have a suspicion that he doesn't have any of the money any of us have sent to him, nor does he have any parts, cars, harnesses, etc. In other words, there are no assets to gain through legal action. (However, I will be retaining a lawyer if for no other reason to than to attempt to get the materials I ordered or my $ back.)

I'm also going to try to get the word out for people to stay away from this shyster.

Is Loyde still part of any Fiero club or other automotive-based organization?

kyunderdawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2009 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kyunderdawgSend a Private Message to kyunderdawgDirect Link to This Post
Has anyone visited his house or been in contact with him at all?
onixfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2009 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for onixfieroSend a Private Message to onixfieroDirect Link to This Post
i have had the same problems with lloyd i sent him my car in april of 2007 and paid him a lot of money to perform the engine swap in my 88 fornula to a 3800 super charge sereis 3 motor with cam and intercooler he originally said the swap would take 3 months then
the flooding in texas of that year caused him to delay and i under stood and agreed.then he told me he would have to delay because he was getting married and i worked with him and told him i could wait. then he gave me at least five different dates when it would be done each followed by a sad story.the last sory was about the problems with his shop and the town.the last message i got from him was on oct of 2008 saying that he would be out of town until nov 1.since nov 1 i have not heard a word from him,he does not answer his email or phone and every time i call it says his mail box is full.one message i received from him a while ago stated that the engine was built and he was starting the install but every time i asked him to send me pictures of the work he has done to my car he
sent nothing.the only pictures i have recieved are of a completed engine but no proof that it is the engine that is going into my car or pictures of the car itself under construction.i have been very understanding of the delays but i cannot excuse the lack of communication which is unacceptable when doing business with anyone.i paid my money and delivered my car to him in good faith and like wil i am still waiting for my car.loyde has no one to blame but himself as i will take legel action against him if i do not get an answer from him soon.it is rediculous for his defenders to blame the people like myself who wre duped by him.
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2009 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kyunderdawg:

Has anyone visited his house or been in contact with him at all?

Another member on here recieved some parts that he ordered from Loyde a few weeks back.
kyunderdawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2009 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kyunderdawgSend a Private Message to kyunderdawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:
Another member on here recieved some parts that he ordered from Loyde a few weeks back.

This is a totally weird situation. No one hears from him for a long time and all of a sudden someone gets parts. He's aparrently doing something so why doesn't he notify the others?
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2009 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by FIEROFLYER:

It is called selective responding he only responds to people he can make more money from not those he owes money or harnesses to.
Unless he is hiding out in China looking for a warranty replacement bride he must be around his house at some point so I do not understand why no one has ben able to get a hold of him or get the local police to do it for them. Dan

topcat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2009 07:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatDirect Link to This Post
Lik others, I can not understand why it is so hard for someone to get the local cops after him. Is this one of those crimes that has a loophole where you can steal tens of thousands of dollars and simply slip into darkness because the law is too vague on internet based business transactions? If he is sending parts to some people, then he must be some where near his shop.

Geez, I guess crime does pay when you do it over the internet. Loyde belongs bars. Pure and simple. I wonder if there are others on the Grand Prix forums that he ripped off. I know he was active on several forums.

PFF
System Bot
JazzMan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post01-26-2009 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post
The local cops are a small town nearby called Princeton, Texas, and being typical small-town cops aren't going to want to mess with this case because it would be expensive to prosecute. For instance, they would have to travel to get affidavits and take testimony, the people who lost their money would need to travel to Princeton for any legal proceedings, etc. Those podunk cops also wouldn't want to deal with Aris's case because it's international and out of their jurisdiction.

If you decide to try pursuing this through the Princeton PD here's a good place to start:

Chief of Police Jeff Barnett

Mailing Address:
306 North Main Street
Princeton, Texas 75407

Loyde's address from google is:

LOYDE RASCOE
1384 CARLO
PRINCETON, TX 75407

Given the national and international nature of this series of frauds, and the fact that they seem to total in the tens of thousands of dollars, it may be more productive to pursue this through the FBI; they have jurisdiction because the money and goods crossed state lines, and Aris's case may be of interest to them because it's international.

A good strategy would be for everyone who's had their money taken by Loyde to get together and build a list of all that was taken in parts and money and then contact the FBI with that list. Details and facts are important, including past emails, shipping receipts, etc.

The FBI can be contacted at their regional office in Dallas. BTW, Princeton, Texas is a distant suburb of Dallas, located approximately 40 miles to the north-northeast of Dallas.

FBI office: http://dallas.fbi.gov/
One Justice Way
Dallas, TX 75220
Phone: (972) 559-5000
Fax: (972) 559-5600
E-mail: fbi.dallas@ic.fbi.gov

It's become clear that Loyde isn't going to resolve this unless forced to under threat of law. He is using the standard scheme that all fraudsters use, of delaying and stalling. BTW, the statute of limitations is 24 months so if charges aren't filed by the time two years is up then Loyde gets to keep the money and parts free of charge. It takes weeks and months to put together a criminal case so waiting until the last minute to start pursuing one only gives him the win.

I am saddened by this since I once regarded Loyde as a friend and I think that he was once a good man. I truly hope that all the people defrauded by Loyde can get at least something back from him.

JazzMan

[This message has been edited by JazzMan (edited 01-26-2009).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2009 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Take if from someone who knows,.....if you want to get the ball rolling contact the nearest TV station, and newspaper. As a former reporter for 10 years i know exactly what will happen.

Investigative reporters looooooooove this kind of stuff and will eat it up. When the TV cameras and reporters show up at their offices hehehehe you would be ammmmmmmmazed at how quickly the cops and prosecuters will literally jump off their duffs and get stuff done.
JazzMan

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-26-2009 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post
The only time the press goes after anyone around here is when that person shoots a cop. For that matter, the cops don't go after anyone unless one of them gets shot. I was burglarized three times in three days and the cops in my city didn't even lift a finger to investigate; their suggestion was to "ask your neighbors if they saw anything", LOL.

JazzMan
topcat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2009 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JazzMan:

I am saddened by this ...

JazzMan

To a certain extent, so am I. At one point I even defended him. I've always had exceptional service from Loyde, so it really bothers me that he has taken off with so much money from so many people.

I can not speak for everyone, but I work for what I have, so when someone takes cash for services and doesn't deliver, it really gets under my skin
85GT3.4Track4spdCar

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-26-2009 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85GT3.4Track4spdCarSend a Private Message to 85GT3.4Track4spdCarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Chicken McNizzle:

Dude, do you realize just how tedious and time consuming a harness is?

It's not some **** thats going to be slapped together over night, unless of course that was the turn around you were expecting, in which case there are PLENTY of other vendors here and abroad that are more than willing to take your cash and hand you a pile of wires.

Just calm down, stay in the car, and be still - you'll get your harness

Now, airing this out to the masses may have not been the wisest move when 1 singular phone call could have answered your question

FAR more than one call was made, to no avail.
Now what?
30+mpg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2009 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 30+mpgSend a Private Message to 30+mpgDirect Link to This Post
Just sent this in to WFAA, a Dallas/Fort Worth tv station as a News item.

"Check out this local area scammer who has taken in tens of thousands of dollars and is still at large. //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/071221.html"

We'll see if that gets any response.
30+mpg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2009 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 30+mpgSend a Private Message to 30+mpgDirect Link to This Post
"Thank you for contacting WFAA-TV News.

I am passing along your e-mail to our news managers for consideration.

Regards,

Jack Beavers
WFAA-TV
NewsAssignments Desk

Dallas, Texas"
SuperchargedV6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2009 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by topcat:

To a certain extent, so am I. At one point I even defended him. I've always had exceptional service from Loyde, so it really bothers me that he has taken off with so much money from so many people.

I can not speak for everyone, but I work for what I have, so when someone takes cash for services and doesn't deliver, it really gets under my skin

+1

I feel the same as I defended him also. I had excellent dealings with him and guess I was lucky. Rick B
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2009 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post
I tried the news idea when I had my problems with kitcarman. They never called me back.
JazzMan

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-27-2009 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JimmyS:

I tried the news idea when I had my problems with kitcarman. They never called me back.

They won't here, either. Even on a slow newsday the wire is too full of bigger stories WRT the economy and war for this story to compete. Adopting a strategy of getting the media interested is a sure fire way to failure. Call the FBI, folks, they're not trying to get people to buy their newspapers or watch their TV show. Or don't, and let Loyde keep your money and parts.

Seems to me the decision is so easy as to not require any actual thought process to make.

JazzMan
PFF
System Bot
petek

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2009 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for petekSend a Private Message to petekDirect Link to This Post
I'll volunteer to contact the FBI and give them everyone's information. If you would like to be included in the list, send your information to me via a private message:

What you ordered from FastFiero
When you ordered it
How you ordered it (especially if *anything* was communicated by the US mail)
How much $ was spent
What you've received
The last time you had communications with Loyde

I really don't think any of us will be seeing the stuff that we ordered and paid for. I've a feeling that Loyde has already spent all of the money (probably traveling to China). My goal is to (preferably) get what he owes me but if I can't do that, I'd like to make sure that he doesn't scam anyone else.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2009 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JazzMan:

They won't here, either. Even on a slow newsday the wire is too full of bigger stories WRT the economy and war for this story to compete. Adopting a strategy of getting the media interested is a sure fire way to failure. Call the FBI, folks, they're not trying to get people to buy their newspapers or watch their TV show. Or don't, and let Loyde keep your money and parts.

Seems to me the decision is so easy as to not require any actual thought process to make.

JazzMan

If you contact the media you have to contact the specific problem solver/ consumer reporter, not just the regular news desk.

At any rate , just a suggestion. Do whatever you think will work, good luck.
onixfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2009 01:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for onixfieroSend a Private Message to onixfieroDirect Link to This Post
today i called the dallas police and reported my problem with loyde the responded quickly by going out to his house and verifying that
my car is still there even though they said it looks as if it hasnt been touched in a long time but he wasnt home.they told me that i should report the car stolen in my home state first and then they would have it towed from his property and i could persue him in civil court to try and get my money back.this evening i took a chance and called him and surprise he answered his phone.he told me that he is working in chicago until march 31 at which point he will return to texas.hetold me that he is planning to make good to every one he owes.we had a conversation about his lack of communication with every one and he apologized and proceeded to tell me about all of his problems.he said that he has not contacted any one because of the personal attacks he has been recieving on these forums i explained to him that his lack of communication is what is upsetting every one i know that aside from the leangth of time that is what has upset me most about dealing with him.we came to an agreement that if i give him one more chance when he returns to texas that he will keep me in the loop about my car and start working on it and send me pictures of the build up as it is being done.since i cant get off of work in order to travel to texas for a while i have no choice but to give him the extra time i hope he does not dissapoint me again.i urge every one to try to contact him and here him out.he sounds sincere but only time will tell.i just want every one to know that he is still around.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2009 01:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by onixfiero:

i have no choice but to give him the extra time i hope he does not dissapoint me again.

I have no dog in this fight, but let me tell you from my own experience with other people working on my car, that if you fall into the mode of constantly giving one more chance you will never see your car completed.

I kept giving my painter one more chance, and one more chance, and finally after my car sat outside unprotected in the rain for over a year I had to finally just go get it. My car was nearly trashed and I had to spend a lot of money to get it back to where it was before. I strongly suggest to get your car at whatever cost before it's too late.
RotrexFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2009 08:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RotrexFieroClick Here to visit RotrexFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to RotrexFieroDirect Link to This Post
I also have no dog in this fight, but someone who takes your money, leaves town, and then claims he is being slandered by others (whos money he took) and uses this as a excuse not to communicate with them, is in my opinion a criminal. Can you not see this? Are you crazy, you are going to wait till the end of March? What exactly is he doing Chicago, scamming money from others?

Joseph Upson

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2009 09:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Joseph UpsonSend a Private Message to Joseph UpsonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by onixfiero:

today i called the dallas police and reported my problem with loyde the responded quickly by going out to his house and verifying that
my car is still there even though they said it looks as if it hasnt been touched in a long time but he wasnt home.they told me that i should report the car stolen in my home state first and then they would have it towed from his property and i could persue him in civil court to try and get my money back.this evening i took a chance and called him and surprise he answered his phone.he told me that he is working in chicago until march 31 at which point he will return to texas.hetold me that he is planning to make good to every one he owes.we had a conversation about his lack of communication with every one and he apologized and proceeded to tell me about all of his problems.he said that he has not contacted any one because of the personal attacks he has been recieving on these forums i explained to him that his lack of communication is what is upsetting every one i know that aside from the leangth of time that is what has upset me most about dealing with him.we came to an agreement that if i give him one more chance when he returns to texas that he will keep me in the loop about my car and start working on it and send me pictures of the build up as it is being done.since i cant get off of work in order to travel to texas for a while i have no choice but to give him the extra time i hope he does not dissapoint me again.i urge every one to try to contact him and here him out.he sounds sincere but only time will tell.i just want every one to know that he is still around.

I have no dog in this fight either but would like to suggest you consider how many commitments he is behind on and his ability to keep the commitment he made to you in the face of all of that, let alone the likelyhood. His lack of communication preceeded the legitimate complaints that he is referring to as attacks and therefore caused them. Why should anyone he owes a debt to need to call and hear him out, when he has indirectly admitted knowledge of their concerns/complaints.

You are a nice guy and that is a good thing within reason, you just agreed to at least two more months before he is to start on a car that he told you he had already started on how long ago?

onixfiero, go get your car man, or continue to be abused. I despise people who prey upon the goodness of others and that's why I have no problem with making an exception and speaking my piece in this particular matter which has had no effect on me other than the anger associated with the idea of taking advantage of others.
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2009 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post
I also have no dog in this fight but I did have a similar issue with a vendor on this site (kitcarman). Do not let this continue! Do as the police told you. Report it stolen and have the car removed so you can at least get it back. Then file a lawsuit to try and get your money back. If you win the lawsuit, the courts will give him x amount of time to pay. If he does not pay then your attorney will put a lien on everything he owns. Once the courts have ruled in your favor, Loyd is then responsible for any attorney fee incurred to collect. trust me that the attorney will want paid and he will have anything Loyd owns, seized.

I'm all for being a nice guy and all but this has been going on for several years and it needs to be stopped now.

Edit to add... When people start telling me of all their problems and that is why they are not doing what I paid them to do, thats when I really get ticked. I have enough of my own problems and the problems of someone else (that I have paid) should not become another problem to me. Do what I paid you to do or give me my money and my stuff back.
------------------

Click here for all your Fiberglass part needs

[This message has been edited by JimmyS (edited 01-28-2009).]

JazzMan

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-28-2009 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post
Bernard Madoff used this exact kind of delaying tactic to steal over 60 billion dollars. It's a classic fraud tactic. Keep taking more money, keep using charm/charisma/excuses/blahblahblah to keep victims from escalating it to the authorities (who DO have the ability to get something done) for as long as possible.

If someone wants to give Loyde any extra time, it should be in a written contract with specific deadlines and financial penalties for violating the terms of the contract. Unless Loyde found good employment recently (last I heard he was either unemployed or working at a low-pay retail job) he does not have the money to actually complete many, if any, of the projects he has committed to other than the straight programming jobs that don't require purchasing supplies. He has a fairly expensive house that he bought back when he was an IT guy for Mobil but he was laid off of that job years ago and I suspect it's everything he can do to make the mortgage payment now.

One other concern is what happens if, or when, Loyde's house goes into foreclosure? Whatever property Loyde has there will be put out on the curb by the county Sherrifs with no notice to the owners of that property other than to Loyde. The cars will be towed to the local police impound lot as abandoned vehicles. From there they'll be sold at auction where they'll likely be bought by scrapyards. The scrapyards will mail letters to the titled owners with daily storage charges being levied (quite high, typically) and then the titles will be seized with a storage lien. All the other stuff, unless Loyde figures out a way to store it somewhere, will stay on the curb and be picked up either as trash or by locals scavenging through it for stuff to keep for themselves.

Given the current state of the economy I would suspect that of all the factors surrounding this issue, time is the most important.

JazzMan
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2009 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
Dang, James
I`m impressed.
I would almost bet nobody has even thought of the foreclosure scenario.
Mike
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 12 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock