Using PIP by David DeVoe
Started on: 04-28-2010 11:10 AM
Replies: 18
Last post by: Hockaday on 05-02-2010 03:24 PM
David DeVoe

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2010 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for David DeVoeSend a Private Message to David DeVoeDirect Link to This Post
I need some ideas as to why I can't get PIP to work for me. My firewall says it is allowed, when I click on Post It it says "upload complete" but there's nothing there. Any suggestions as to what to try next?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Sphynx

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2010 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SphynxSend a Private Message to SphynxDirect Link to This Post
After you click post it, you have to create a message and then hit control + V to paste the tag to the message.

So, after it says upload successful, go back to a thread, hit reply and then paste the tag to the message. Hope this helps.
Larryh86GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2010 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTDirect Link to This Post
These may help:

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/075274.html
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/078788.html (a thread that covers it all)

Larry

------------------

Drink the good wine first"

[This message has been edited by Larryh86GT (edited 04-28-2010).]

David DeVoe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2010 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David DeVoeSend a Private Message to David DeVoeDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the info everyone. I'll give it a try later
David DeVoe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2010 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David DeVoeSend a Private Message to David DeVoeDirect Link to This Post

David DeVoe

1358 posts
Member since Jul 2001
Hey, Larry,
Thanks for the link. Got it working for me. Thanks a lot.
Dave
ConvictedRedneck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2010 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ConvictedRedneckSend a Private Message to ConvictedRedneckDirect Link to This Post
Maybe I'm not supposed to b/c of bandwidth usage or something of the sort, but I've found just uploading your pics on whatever site you use and then just putting the direct link to the picture between [img][/img] works fine. I usually copy the picture url from my facebook where I upload them.
Terry_w

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2010 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Terry_wSend a Private Message to Terry_wDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ConvictedRedneck:

but I've found just uploading your pics on whatever site you use and then just putting the direct link to the picture between [img][/img] works fine. I usually copy the picture url from my facebook where I upload them.

If you have been using this site for info and found a thread that is exactly what you need but when you need to see that picture that's worth a thousand words (sometimes more) but all you see is a red X or a broken link. Well that's what causes it. off site pics get deleted or accounts closed. Using PIP will help keep VERY VALUABLE threads from becoming totally WORTHLESS.

I have successfully used PIP on OLD computers and NEW computers, Windows 95, 98, XP,Vista and Windows 7. Keep trying til you figure out what's wrong. Once you figure it out it will be very simple to make posts with pictures that will be there as long as Pennock's is there.

DOWN WITH RED Xs!!!!
Vernon8360

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2010 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Direct Link to This Post
I went against every ingrained male habit and actually took the time to read the directions for PIP. I simply amazed/surprised myself! It worked on the first try!!!!! I didn't have to adjust or fine tune a thing. Who would have thought such a thing. However, guys, I promise not to try that direction thing too often.
Hockaday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2010 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post
the problem is its a .exe aka absolutly useless for us enlightened people. so...i use tinypic.com imo. its the best out there.

or dropbox.com

------------------
Cliff's 610th Positive Feedback Giver.
#12 NYFOC Membe

David DeVoe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2010 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David DeVoeSend a Private Message to David DeVoeDirect Link to This Post
Like Vernon above I too followed instructions and was amazed by the results. Maybe next time I get lost I'll stop and ask directions..........nah.
Terry_w

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2010 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Terry_wSend a Private Message to Terry_wDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hockaday:

the problem is its a .exe aka absolutly useless for us enlightened people. so...i use tinypic.com imo. its the best out there.

or dropbox.com

Best out there has nothing to do with it. I hope you never post any useful pictures cause someday your post will just have red Xs or broken links.

The first couple of times I installed PIP I had a little trouble (Me not following the directions EXACTLY).
I'm sure there may be ahandful of people that have some truly wierd factor that causes a problem but I would guess that most people who cannot get it to work are just not following the directions.
If you are too lazy to figure it out email it to someone that can post it for you. I have offered many times to post for people. email them to me with a link to the thread you want them posted to.

PFF
System Bot
Hockaday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2010 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Terry_w:

Best out there has nothing to do with it. I hope you never post any useful pictures cause someday your post will just have red Xs or broken links.

The first couple of times I installed PIP I had a little trouble (Me not following the directions EXACTLY).
I'm sure there may be ahandful of people that have some truly wierd factor that causes a problem but I would guess that most people who cannot get it to work are just not following the directions.
If you are too lazy to figure it out email it to someone that can post it for you. I have offered many times to post for people. email them to me with a link to the thread you want them posted to.

lol...ok well here are my os spec. G4 Powerbook running 10.8 OSX. if you know how to re write the .exe into a unix .dmg go ahead that would be great. untill then...know what you speak of?

If what I said isn't understandable look at my Avater.
Terry_w

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2010 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Terry_wSend a Private Message to Terry_wDirect Link to This Post
LOL as soon as I read the first of your post I noticed your avatar and thought to myself ahhh! Then I read the last line and was thinking yeah I beat you to it
There is another method where you upload the picture to a Pennock's server then use the same method you use with off site storage but it won't disappear unless Pennock's disappears. I don't know the exact procedure because I always use PIP. Hopefully someone who uses that method will chime in.

I did specify that there are probably SOME legitimate reasons

(And my offer was serious about posting for you)
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2010 01:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post
Hockaday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2010 02:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post
meh ftp i knew it...luckily Fireftp works well. =)
Terry_w

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2010 02:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Terry_wSend a Private Message to Terry_wDirect Link to This Post

I just wanted to say that statement was not directed at you even though it sounded like it when I read it back. It was intended for anyone who does not use PIP just because it takes a little effort to get it setup.

I had to leave for a while. I was glad to see Patrick posted the very thread I was going to try to find and link.

Hockaday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2010 02:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post
lol np, no harm no foul, easy to forgive fiero buds anyway ;p and i totally agree with useing it. i never realised untill i saw the screen shots that it was just a simple ftp connection and has no special imputs.

now i just have to see if i can set up dropbox or something to work with it...i hate opinging ftp or website to upload...drag and drop baby!
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2010 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreDirect Link to This Post

Using PIP will help keep VERY VALUABLE threads from becoming totally WORTHLESS.

DOWN WITH RED Xs!!!!

(Or "cut image" in FireFox....)

Good now Worthless like this... Good thing I saved it before images went south...

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave (It's also at the top of every forum page...)

Hockaday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2010 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post
its being a pain to set up the ftp connection...zzz...connects fine but uploads don't go through.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock