Lowering using the stock struts/shocks? by FormulaQuad4
Started on: 04-20-2010 10:49 AM
Replies: 13
Last post by: TONY_C on 04-21-2010 02:56 PM
FormulaQuad4

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2010 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaQuad4Click Here to visit FormulaQuad4's HomePageSend a Private Message to FormulaQuad4Direct Link to This Post
I am wanting to lower my 85 se with the eibach 1" drop springs. Can I keep the stock struts/shocks on it or do I need to get a modified shock/strut setup?

I don't have many miles on them and hate to just toss them.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2010 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadDirect Link to This Post
No need to change the shocks and struts, they will be just fine.

Joe
AutoMark

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2010 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoMarkSend a Private Message to AutoMarkDirect Link to This Post
I just did this... I used the Ebiach 1" and stayed with factory lengthed shocks. Im using the Monroe Sens-a-Track... Ride is really great!

Now... a cheap excuse for the pics!

GG4's new lowered stance and powder coated rims AND Bridgestone Pole Postion tires!

8-P

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2010 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8-PSend a Private Message to 8-PDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AutoMark:

I just did this... I used the Ebiach 1" and stayed with factory lengthed shocks. Im using the Monroe Sens-a-Track... Ride is really great!

GG4's new lowered stance and powder coated rims AND Bridgestone Pole Postion tires!

I was looking at ordering some Sensa-a-Track shocks today. This question is kind of unrelated, but do you know if you used part number 5921?
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2010 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

GG4's new lowered stance...

Ummm... that's cheating to squish the pictures down. Look at those wheels/tires, they're not even round anymore!

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 04-20-2010).]

AutoMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2010 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoMarkSend a Private Message to AutoMarkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Ummm... that's cheating to squish the pictures down. Look at those wheels/tires, they're not even round anymore!

huh....?
AutoMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2010 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoMarkSend a Private Message to AutoMarkDirect Link to This Post

AutoMark

496 posts
Member since Jan 2005

Originally posted by 8-P:
I was looking at ordering some Sensa-a-Track shocks today. This question is kind of unrelated, but do you know if you used part number 5921?

For the fronts I believe so....
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2010 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

huh....?

Are you serious? Those images of yours don't look distorted to you?
AutoMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2010 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoMarkSend a Private Message to AutoMarkDirect Link to This Post

Are you serious? Those images of yours don't look distorted to you?

? um... i dont know... its a real pic... not photoshoped, other than resizing to get it to be able to post. Its same size I always resize to and no ones ever said anything... hum... i dont know...
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2010 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

? um... i dont know... its a real pic... not photoshoped, other than resizing to get it to be able to post. Its same size I always resize to and no ones ever said anything... hum... i dont know...

Oh, I'm not suggesting you did it on purpose, but those images are somewhat flattened. Not much, but enough to be noticeable. As I stated earlier, your wheels/tires aren't even round in the pictures.

Depending on what created the original images, there are square pixels and there are rectangular pixels. Somewhere along the way, your pixels got altered...

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2010 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Patrick

36447 posts
Member since Apr 99
Compare your posted image with an undistored version of the same shot...

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 04-20-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
AutoMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2010 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoMarkSend a Private Message to AutoMarkDirect Link to This Post

Compare your posted image with an undistored version of the same shot...

O... now Isee! LOL
You know just like the let any idiot into a auto parts or hardware store, the also let idiots play with photo shop! lol
Well thanks for that info and clarifying it...
Carcenomy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2010 07:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CarcenomyClick Here to visit Carcenomy's HomePageSend a Private Message to CarcenomyDirect Link to This Post
I thought the pricetag on Photoshop usually prevented monkeys from operating it?

I have a set of Eibachs sitting under my coffee table ready to go in, just waiting on my struts to come back from rebuilding. Glad to see based on your pics that it's going to give my car a nice even ride height, cheers!
TONY_C

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2010 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TONY_CSend a Private Message to TONY_CDirect Link to This Post

What size tire/rims are you running?

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock