Started on: 02-10-2010 08:12 PM
Replies: 20
Last post by: Isolde on 03-28-2010 03:36 PM
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2010 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadDirect Link to This Post
While playing Forza 2, I was attracted to the 1974 Lancia Stratos.

Anybody think the Fiero could be rebodied as a Stratos knock-off?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Fiero84Freak

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2010 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakDirect Link to This Post
They already make Lancia Stratos kit cars - most of the ones out there are fake, and for sure likely all the ones in the States are. There are for sure four makes for the body including Corse, HF3000, Allora, and Transformer (Hawk) - all are pretty much spot on to the real deal. Most of them use Alfa running gear.

[This message has been edited by Fiero84Freak (edited 02-10-2010).]

TommyRocker

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2010 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TommyRockerSend a Private Message to TommyRockerDirect Link to This Post
I remember an episode of Top Gear where they tested a Lancia kit car. It fell apart pretty quickly on the test track, but they said it looked identical and was just as uncomfortable as the real deal.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2010 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post
Stratos or Scorpion? I like the Scorpion design myself:

Here is the Scorpion:

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 02-10-2010).]

TommyRocker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2010 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TommyRockerSend a Private Message to TommyRockerDirect Link to This Post
The kit car was a Stratos, the whole episode was about how Lancia is the greatest car maker in history.
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2010 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TommyRocker:

The kit car was a Stratos, the whole episode was about how Lancia is the greatest car maker in history.

Funny thing is if you look at the engine, it is a FIAT motor in all of the cars. My friend used to own a FIAT repair shop and he had many Lancias come in. Some looked awesome and were set up for racing. It is a neat looking car but I don't know if I would own one due to their maintenance issues.

skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2010 01:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post
I thought most of the Lancias were Ferrari powered? Not Fiat.
LitebulbwithaFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2010 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by skuzzbomer:

I thought most of the Lancias were Ferrari powered? Not Fiat.

Well a Ferrari is just a top of the line Fiat anyways...
larini74

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2010 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for larini74Click Here to visit larini74's HomePageSend a Private Message to larini74Direct Link to This Post
the Stratos was usually equipped with the same 2.4L V6 that was in the Ferrari Dino ...rated at 190hp
carbon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2010 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post
From the previous season of Top Gear, great segment...
TommyRocker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2010 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TommyRockerSend a Private Message to TommyRockerDirect Link to This Post
Top Gear is my favorite show in the world. Period. Lol, I still remember playing Gran Turismo on playstation 1 from like 97 and always trying to win the Stratos. Never did get it. that was the main car I wanted.
PFF
System Bot
FFIEROFRED

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2010 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FFIEROFREDSend a Private Message to FFIEROFREDDirect Link to This Post
Mr. Lancia worked for Mr. Ferrari. They had a falling out about how to build ferrari's. Mr lancia left in a huff, saying some thing about building his oun car ( to beat Mr Ferrari at his oun game)
fieromullet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2010 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromulletSend a Private Message to fieromulletDirect Link to This Post
I second that motion of top gear being a favorite. Its on like six nights a week here on BBC Canada. I watch it as much as possible. that lancia episode was probably one of the funniest I've seen in a long time.
steve308

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2010 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Direct Link to This Post
There is a guy here in Stafford restoring a "real" stratos. If I can get out of this snow bank I'll get some pic's and attempt to post. And yes -- same emgine as the DINO
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2010 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post
In defense of my motor statement above, I should have clarified.....the Scorpion and many other Lancias have the FIAT motor:
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2010 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Direct Link to This Post
I have a friend who races a Lancia Monte Carlo. It is the more powerful version of the Scorpion that was only sold in Europe.

He has it built quite well and has done very well with it.

We do kid him on how he sure has a pretty Fiat.
30+mpg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2010 07:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 30+mpgSend a Private Message to 30+mpgDirect Link to This Post

FFIEROFRED:Mr. Lancia worked for Mr. Ferrari. They had a falling out about how to build ferrari's. Mr lancia left in a huff, saying some thing about building his oun car ( to beat Mr Ferrari at his oun game)

PURE B.S!!!!!

Lancia founded his car company in 1908 before Ferrari even started racing for Alfa.

batousai666

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2010 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post
I like these: i was stumbling around a Ferrari site and found this.

Hawk?? HF2OOO/ HF 3000 ??

http://www.hawkcars.co.uk/

i just stumbled on to these 'butes recently...Lancia?? huh?
gotta go image search..later
thanks for the reminder
Dan

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 03-28-2010).]

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2010 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by 30+mpg:

PURE B.S!!!!!

Lancia founded his car company in 1908 before Ferrari even started racing for Alfa.

Lancia was building cars and racing them when Ferrari was a child.

Enzo worked and raced Alfa's and had a falling out with them. He wanted to build his own car to beat them.

Fiat has been like the GM of Italy, Many of their makes have shared engines. The Dino engine was built by Fiat and untill later never called a Ferrari. Dino was also the given name for the 6 cylinder engines Ferrari races.

There were several Fiats and Lancia's that were limited that did get Ferrari Power. Also today Maserati today also uses Ferrari power plants.

Also not most Itallian card prior to 1990's all took a lot of work to keep on the road. Maintanence was not a option but requried to keep them on the road and running. The new cars are much better and require much less work but still take more than other brands.

Isolde

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 133
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2010 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IsoldeSend a Private Message to IsoldeDirect Link to This Post
that green car, I wonder if that's where Lambo got the idea for the flares they eventually added to the Countach?
Isolde

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 133
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2010 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IsoldeSend a Private Message to IsoldeDirect Link to This Post

Isolde

2504 posts
Member since May 2008
Just found this on wikipedia.org:
PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave