Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Pace Car...$31,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Pace Car...$31,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by johnyrottin
Started on: 01-25-2010 08:58 PM
Replies: 56
Last post by: chrismclubm on 02-12-2010 12:58 AM
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2010 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
Yes that is the correct price...check 'er out!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...?hash=item2a04553ec4

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2010 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
OH MY GOD! I want that car so bad it is making the hairs on the back of my neck tingle. That is THE finest Indy I have ever laid eyes on. Somebody have $31k I can borrow?
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2010 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
I have 31 cents you can borrow...and a chewed piece of gum.
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2010 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
Finally a rare fiero and it is new.
skuzzbomer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2010 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post
This one was up for sale last year... Around September.

Bids only got up to $16,300 if I recall correctly.
FieroMonkey

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2010 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMonkeySend a Private Message to FieroMonkeyDirect Link to This Post
If it gets that much or not, that is still possibly the nicest untouched Indy on this planet.

------------------

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2010 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
I wouldn't want that.... it belongs in a museum, and since I'm not a museum it would be wasted here.

Richjk21

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2010 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Richjk21Send a Private Message to Richjk21Direct Link to This Post
Very nice!! (and those floor mats are definitiely a 9 out of 10 )
psychosurfer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2010 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for psychosurferSend a Private Message to psychosurferDirect Link to This Post
If it has never been registered? Does that mean if you bought it GM would have to honer the warranty given at delivery time. I ask because, I bought a "new" 1999 TL1000R in 2004. It has 12 miles on it and came with the full factory warranty it would have had if bought new in 99.

If so, I would love to be a fly on the wall if a customer drove it in for warranty work. (Obviously no one drives a car like this, just a thought)
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2010 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post
Something isn't right here.....first off, the steering wheel is wrinkled, the passenger side handle is wrinkled, and the seats looked stretched and faded. For a car with only 24 miles and probably garaged all its life, the interior looks beat up to me.
fieroturbo

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2010 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroturboSend a Private Message to fieroturboDirect Link to This Post
Excuse me... I need to change my pants after seeing that.
PFF
System Bot
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2010 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
Could it be...a odometer rollback? Or a disconected speedo at the transmission? I don't think so. I think the leather has just "relaxed". It is 26 years old after all.

[This message has been edited by johnyrottin (edited 01-25-2010).]

Blueiii

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2010 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlueiiiSend a Private Message to BlueiiiDirect Link to This Post
I think its just the light, and the years of sitting. The seat covers were still stretched, even when new.

I wouldn't want this car. EVERYTHING would be dry-rotted, and would need to be replaced. The downfall about buying "vintage, low mile cars" I guess. . .
Brocephus

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2010 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrocephusSend a Private Message to BrocephusDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

Something isn't right here.....first off, the steering wheel is wrinkled, the passenger side handle is wrinkled, and the seats looked stretched and faded. For a car with only 24 miles and probably garaged all its life, the interior looks beat up to me.

It's entirely possible that 26 years worth of people climbing in and out of it did the seats and "handle" type bits no favors.

If you look closely, the headliner is starting to suffer as well, but then again, the car IS 26 years old.

In answer to the warranty question, it says "Car has a clear USA Title, this car was purchased by a large GM Dealership and displayed in our museum and never driven."

Since it was technically purchased, even if by a GM dealership, it has been sold and is therefore long out of its factory warranty period. I know it more of a "gee I wonder" question, but there's your answer. I also have no doubt the car has never been driven except at the factory, on and off the trailer, and maybe around the lot long enough to get it to the door of the museum. The rest of the miles most likely came from it being pushed around in the museum as the displays changed.

Anyone else catch a glimpse of that Chevelle? Granted, the Indy is sexy. But the Chevelle.... can you imagine the music that big block would make... If the world's governments failed tomorrow and the population was plunged into the darkness of anarchy, that'd be the first place I'd go. And I'd be very well-armed, haha!!
Bry73

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2010 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bry73Send a Private Message to Bry73Direct Link to This Post
Atleast they say Rack and Pinion Steering instead of Power Steering. Get tired of seeing so many fieros listed as having power steering.
davikan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2010 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davikanClick Here to visit davikan's HomePageSend a Private Message to davikanDirect Link to This Post
The front fascia hasn't even yellowed - does that mean it's been repainted, or that it hasn't ever seen sunlight?

I find it interesting that OhioIndy hasn't posted to this thread yet. I'd be willing to bet that he's on his way to Winnipeg. Either that, or he's on his floor, drooling, and in a coma. I know I almost am!

------------------

Johngee

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2010 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohngeeSend a Private Message to JohngeeDirect Link to This Post
This car was up for sale on 6/9/2007 and sold for $22,000 and came out of Rochester Michigan. The next time it was up for sale was 2/9/2009 and was in Clearwater FL, with the bidding between 15k and 25k. I never did get the final bid amount.

John

Johngee

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2010 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohngeeSend a Private Message to JohngeeDirect Link to This Post

Johngee

107 posts
Member since Dec 2006
When it was in Florida it had 18 miles and now 24. More miles put on her than Ohioindy put on his car since he owned it.
88GTFormula

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2010 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaDirect Link to This Post
worth 31k? cant kellybluebook the car as its an 84... www.kbb.com and most classic car sites that give you a quick apraisal onlie dont even have fieros if they go back that far...only goes back to 90 i believe (20 years) kbb anyway... how do we know what the prestine low mileage fieros may be worth? I would think alot more espically now that they don't make them anymore...
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2010 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Direct Link to This Post
I go $15 K tops o this. It is a very nice car but there just is such a limited market for any higher price.

Too many other options out there to people who can afford $31K. Many of them would be much better investments.

Also time does take it's toll even if the car is not driven. I am sure there are things here that may need attention.

Besides the value here is the low miles and if you drive it the value plunges. Unless you just want to trailer it or put it in a family room the options of use here are limited unless you can afford to buy it and just sit on it.

I think about the prices on the real GM prototype cars sold last year and those are the cars that money should have been spent on. They all were one off cars with a real history not just a replica with a small market. A real prototype will have a interest to all collectors in the future not just Fiero fans. I think the GM cars sold cheap for the most because the Fiero's were not well known. If the people who own them get them to shows and in publications they will become better documented and know which adds value.

Cars like Freds PPG Indy Pace car is the best example of documented and real history that appeals not just to Fiero fans. It was a real pace car with prototype parts. The history is there for all to know.

This car here is just a replica with low miles and it is not the only one like that. There are a lot of low mile Pace Cars around and one comes out every once in a while like this one.

Also the last Fiero built would be a special car in the future.

When looking at real collector cars one has to look at the Fiero's not as a Fiero fan but as a collector that is looking for value. what make this car so special? Can I find another one like it? What is the history? These things also set one GTO apart from another.
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2010 12:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post
They're dreaming because they likely overpaid when they bought it. They should have sent it to Barret Jackson if they wanted Big Bucks. BUT I suppose that "No Reserve" clause would worry them.

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 01-26-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2010 02:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpDirect Link to This Post
there is only one nicer indy. it is in a small museum in MI. it does not have a vin as it is a prototype from the factory. My father saw this car about 13 years ago. The museum didnt say it even had a fiero and my father went to the mesuem saw the fiero no one was around and looked for a vin and there was none on the whole car not even on the build sheet under the hood. that would be the one fiero that i have seen pics of that is nicer.
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2010 06:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierosound:

They're dreaming because they likely overpaid when they bought it. They should have sent it to Barret Jackson if they wanted Big Bucks. BUT I suppose that "No Reserve" clause would worry them.

They would have been lucky to have seen $15K at Jackson. Unless two of the fat old drunks got into a bidding war.

There are too many more popular options out there for $30K. While the Fiero is not hated people but just given the option of this car or a say the Eddie Van Halen owned Chip Foose designed Boyde Coddington built LTI pick up truck that was on every magazine and came with all the memerobilia including the model kit it inspired. for $39,000. You could not built this truck to less than $100K today.

Now if this car was one of the original three pace cars or the 2.0 Turbo pace car in the Indy collection that might be a little different.

It is not just this Pace car. Many lowmileage Indy pace cars have are still struggle on price. Even the 1978 Indy Vette is still found often with low miles at what I would consider a low price. I just ate dinner under one in a car themed resturant here because it was cheap enough to put on a rack and just park it over some tables.

With many Indy Pace cars it like most cars is supply and demand. Many years they built too many of and to be honest not all collector get crazy over them unless there is some thing really special. Anything that sold more than a 1,000 units or more is a lot of cars in the collector world.

In time a well preserved Fiero Pace car will gain value but like most other Fiero's it will still not comand a great price. It is a crowded collectors market and while supplies will come down we will have to find a way to create demand. To be honest this is where a strong national club promoting the car would really help. as of now there is no one other than us creating interest or demand.

Even the Shelbys were just old race cars for years till they had two real strong Clubs promoting the cars and the collectors took notice in these low volume special cars.

Lets face it we are a sub note in Pontiac history with the POCI for most of their members. The divide in Pontiac fan base of the pre and post 1979 Pontiac cars has hurt many of the newer Pontiac's.

Lets face it the 86-87 2+2 in a very special car and very limited but even it's price is hurt. It was considered ugly but so was the Superbird. Now if that car had had a 6.6 in it the Old Pontiac base would have embraced it.

This whole thing is complicated and not fair but so is life.

[This message has been edited by hyperv6 (edited 01-26-2010).]

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2010 07:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
I don't think that the $31,000 one is any nicer than my $8,000 one.

Let's see....
$31,000

$8,000

$31,000

$8,000

Unless it is just to say that you spent $31k on a car...you do the math!

[This message has been edited by johnyrottin (edited 01-27-2010).]

Rolling Thunder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2010 08:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rolling ThunderSend a Private Message to Rolling ThunderDirect Link to This Post
IT'S A REPLICA!!!!
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2010 09:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
Yes, it is one of the 2000 Indy Pace Car replicas that Pontiac built...but it is not a replica of the replicas.
jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2010 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaDirect Link to This Post
Nice car, no doubt, but it is not one of the 3 original pace cars so it is not worth $30K. Not even close. I think the original bids of around 16K are more accurate. It is nice, but not $30K nice. Just my .02 cents.

Jim

[This message has been edited by jimbolaya (edited 01-26-2010).]

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2010 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
The gentleman that I contacted with the 143 mile Pace Car stated he had an offer of $49,500 from Britain. I can't say if he was telling tthe truth or not, I took him at his word. I thought I paid top dollar at $8K!
fierosound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2010 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

The gentleman that I contacted with the 143 mile Pace Car stated he had an offer of $49,500 from Britain. I can't say if he was telling tthe truth or not, I took him at his word. I thought I paid top dollar at $8K!

Obviously the sale didn't go through. The seller may be a liar, nuts if he thinks it's worth more or VERY greedy ???

Send him the above link and tell him he's nuts (for not accepting the offer).

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 01-26-2010).]

fierosound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2010 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post

fierosound

15144 posts
Member since Nov 1999

Originally posted by hyperv6:

They would have been lucky to have seen $15K at Jackson. Unless two of the fat old drunks got into a bidding war.

My point exactly.
fierosound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2010 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post

fierosound

15144 posts
Member since Nov 1999

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

OH MY GOD! I want that car so bad it is making the hairs on the back of my neck tingle. That is THE finest Indy I have ever laid eyes on. Somebody have $31k I can borrow?

Get yourself a Mint White 85 GT and stick the Indy decals on. Much cheaper, performs better and people who aren't on PFF won't know any better.

PFF
System Bot
fieroguy123

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2010 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post
Gentlemen, I have a terrible confession to make........ I bought my first fiero when I was 14, also bought my second (white) fiero when I was 14. I purchased the second because it had gt bumpers on it and I was driving a base 85 coupe that needed gt bumpers. So I bought the car (which had been sitting for 8 years) and began tearing it apart. In the process I looked at the door sticker which had a 1/84 production date which confused me because the car was a "gt", but it didn't say gt anywhere on it. The thing that really bugged me was the darn red carpet. I hated that carpet so I didn't even bother to pull it from the car before it went to the crusher. It had no stickers, no decals, just ugly red pin stripe and a silver air cleaner. I wish I knew then what I know now..........I'm sorry.

[This message has been edited by fieroguy123 (edited 01-26-2010).]

ohioindy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2010 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ohioindyClick Here to visit ohioindy's HomePageSend a Private Message to ohioindyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguy123:

Gentlemen, I have a terrible confession to make........ I bought my first fiero when I was 14, also bought my second (white) fiero when I was 14. I purchased the second because it had gt bumpers on it and I was driving a base 85 coupe that needed gt bumpers. So I bought the car (which had been sitting for 8 years) and began tearing it apart. In the process I looked at the door sticker which had a 1/84 production date which confused me because the car was a "gt", but it didn't say gt anywhere on it. The thing that really bugged me was the darn red carpet. I hated that carpet so I didn't even bother to pull it from the car before it went to the crusher. It had no stickers, no decals, just ugly red pin stripe and a silver air cleaner. I wish I knew then what I know now..........I'm sorry.

------------------
Factory Stock
The way God intended it to be.

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2010 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by hyperv6:

Also the last Fiero built would be a special car in the future.

Maybe in the Future...but now? Not so much.

I was absolutely floored when Mike Kelly actually DROVE the last Fiero ever made to the 25th Anniversary celebration in Pontiac. I sat and talked to him for a while about it and no one is beating a path to his door to buy this car. You might think so, but it's not the case.

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2010 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
How much is he asking for that car???
Rolling Thunder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2010 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rolling ThunderSend a Private Message to Rolling ThunderDirect Link to This Post

Yes, it is one of the 2000 Indy Pace Car replicas that Pontiac built...but it is not a replica of the replicas.

So you're saying that it's not THE pace car, but A pace car. It's not a clone.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2010 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
Yeppers...just one of the 2000 that were made.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2010 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

How much is he asking for that car???

You mean Mike Kelly's last Fiero? I don't know what he's asking, but I think he's been trying to sell it ever since he drove it off the assembly line 22 years ago and so far no one has made him an offer that he would accept.

alcazar88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2010 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for alcazar88Send a Private Message to alcazar88Direct Link to This Post
A good public auction attended by 200,000 car people would tell you the price........A mint Indy Fiero with 6,500 miles sold last week at Barrett-Jackson for...............$8,750. Actually $9,625 including 10% buyers premium.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2010 07:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
Don't forget to add the 1300 it costs to have it transported home...$10,900...h e l l, call it 11 grand. Then add in a bit to fix all the issues to bring it back to original...white caps, mats, and who knows what else. Mine came to $9300 with Horseless Carraige transportation.

[This message has been edited by johnyrottin (edited 01-27-2010).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock