Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Video from Mythbusters Fiero link included (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Video from Mythbusters Fiero link included by Capt Fiero
Started on: 12-18-2009 10:17 PM
Replies: 41
Last post by: jetsnvettes2000 on 01-31-2010 11:36 AM
Capt Fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2009 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
I normally don't do this, but I went ahead and edited the entire mythbusters episode, cut out all the other stuff just leaving the Fiero parts. Its a 100mb video in WMV Format. I figured all my PFF friends would like to have there own copy. So here it is guys and gals.

Direct link is here,

http://captfiero.com/videos.../mythbusterfiero.wmv its 640x480 @ 30fps

I have other assorted Fiero videos about 15gig of them actually at www.captfiero.com/videos

------------------
85GT Soon to be 87GT,93 Eldorado 4.9, 5spd Dual O2 Custom Chip, Custom Exhaust. MSD Everything Capt Fiero --- My Over View Cadero Pics Yellow 88GT 5spd Full Poly Suspension, Lowered 1/2" in front, Corner Carver.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2009 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, was hoping to see the episode.
Bobby Carter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2009 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bobby CarterClick Here to visit Bobby Carter's HomePageSend a Private Message to Bobby CarterDirect Link to This Post
thanks for the post... i felt really bad for the gt... but to actually see it work was almost worth the se... and i dont see how the gt could have possibly have been weighted right as the lambos have much heavier engines...
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2009 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post

Forgot to mention sorry about the audio out of sync a tiny bit in the last few mins. I couldn't fix it.

------------------
85GT Soon to be 87GT,93 Eldorado 4.9, 5spd Dual O2 Custom Chip, Custom Exhaust. MSD Everything Capt Fiero --- My Over View Cadero Pics Yellow 88GT 5spd Full Poly Suspension, Lowered 1/2" in front, Corner Carver.

Terry_w

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2009 12:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Terry_wSend a Private Message to Terry_wDirect Link to This Post
So how many people noticed they called it a 15 year old car and said that adding "100 HP" more than doubled the stock HP. I gues they don't worry to much about getting the facts straight.
TopNotch

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2009 12:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchDirect Link to This Post
I put the video on Youtube (in 3 parts):

ClayTonto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2009 01:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ClayTontoSend a Private Message to ClayTontoDirect Link to This Post
Actually, considering the age of the 2.8, most high mileage factory survivors woukd be doing good to put out over 100 HP to the rear wheels. Since NOS is rated in rearwheel horsepower on V8s. A 100 shot on that small of an engine would more likely be 110 or 115 extra RWHP which would be "more than doubling the horsepower".

Thanks for the vids.

[This message has been edited by ClayTonto (edited 12-19-2009).]

Dflint

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2009 01:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DflintSend a Private Message to DflintDirect Link to This Post
you did a great job editing this... and thank you i was dieing to see this.. if anybody wants to save this on your comp just right click and hit save target as!
Dflint

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2009 02:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DflintSend a Private Message to DflintDirect Link to This Post

Dflint

313 posts
Member since Jul 2008
topnotch how did you get rid of the audio lag?
Mechy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2009 04:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MechySend a Private Message to MechyDirect Link to This Post
$9000??
Holy Heck!!!
proff

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2009 05:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for proffClick Here to visit proff's HomePageSend a Private Message to proffDirect Link to This Post
I want NOS on one of the fieros here so bad
whats the max time I can have NOS going into my stock 2.8 V6 fiero ?
I was thinking of about 0.5 to 1 second maybe
PFF
System Bot
TopNotch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2009 08:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchDirect Link to This Post
I don't know how long the Youtube videos will last. I just got an email that says, "Your video, Skippin' Fieros part 2, may have content that is owned or licensed by Discovery Communications."
I should add that I made the videos from the program as captured on my computer, not from Capt. Fiero's video.
TopNotch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2009 08:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchDirect Link to This Post

TopNotch

3537 posts
Member since Feb 2009

Originally posted by Dflint:

topnotch how did you get rid of the audio lag?

I made the videos from the program as captured on my computer, not from Capt. Fiero's video.
CaravanBill

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2009 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CaravanBillSend a Private Message to CaravanBillDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, Capt Fiero! Thought I was going to have to give iTunes $1.99 for it.
jazz4cash

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2009 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jazz4cashSend a Private Message to jazz4cashDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for posting this, but it made me sad to see two decent Fieros trashed. I lost a lot of respect to Mythbusters, too. The first thing that struck me was how short and unstable that stupid ramp was.....and did I get it right that they only ran the GT at 50 MPH in an attempt to make it skip? I also thought the GT was in remarkably good shape for having flipped like that!
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2009 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by proff:

I want NOS on one of the Fieros here so bad
whats the max time I can have NOS going into my stock 2.8 V6 Fiero ?
I was thinking of about 0.5 to 1 second maybe

I am confused by your question. A 1/2 second nitrous shot won't do a whole lot. Try 13 seconds as an average use during a 1/4 mile run, and I have personally ran it for 45 seconds straight before, on a highway run wanted to redline top gear in my 85GT quickly.

------------------

N3M3S1S

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2009 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SDirect Link to This Post
You're a man, Capt! Now my Dad finally gets to see it. He was asking me about it.
slinger

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2009 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for slingerSend a Private Message to slingerDirect Link to This Post
Wow 9grand? i should sell a fiero to MB
Fiero Owner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2009 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero OwnerSend a Private Message to Fiero OwnerDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, that was pretty cool to see. I like how they kept referring to them as supercars.
30+mpg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2009 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 30+mpgSend a Private Message to 30+mpgDirect Link to This Post
Let's BUST these myths:

1. Painting a car yellow makes it faster.

2. A stock 2.8 Fiero can't go 100 mph unless you add a 100HP shot of nitrous.

What a total waste of roadworthy Fieros.
Ayrow

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2009 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AyrowClick Here to visit Ayrow's HomePageSend a Private Message to AyrowDirect Link to This Post
I find it interesting they never mention the name of the car.
At no time did they ever say "Fiero".

Wonder why. The car isn't in production anymore, so they wouldn't realistically have to pay royalties to GM, would they?

PFF
System Bot
aeffertz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2009 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aeffertzSend a Private Message to aeffertzDirect Link to This Post
Pretty cool.
I hate how they made it seem like, as mentioned, you couldn't get the car to go faster than 50 mph unless you gave it NOS.
Also, "Well, they sure didn't build these cars for comfort!" made me laugh.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2009 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Funny video. Now I know that 15 rims can float.
Red87FieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2009 04:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Red87FieroGTSend a Private Message to Red87FieroGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ayrow:

Wonder why. The car isn't in production anymore, so they wouldn't realistically have to pay royalties to GM, would they?

and did anyone notice that fiero was sanded off the intake of the notchback?
Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2009 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Red87FieroGT:

and did anyone notice that fiero was sanded off the intake of the notchback?

...and the GT tail lights were taped over...

Mythbuters has always blurred/covered names of products - probably easier than getting permission.
Red87FieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2009 01:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Red87FieroGTSend a Private Message to Red87FieroGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mickey_Moose:

...and the GT tail lights were taped over...

Mythbuters has always blurred/covered names of products - probably easier than getting permission.

didnt they have to get permission to use the lamborghini? why not the little fiero? kinda sucks how under appreciated the fiero is. maybe that why i like them.
RACE

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2009 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
+thak you!
pegasus1848

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2009 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pegasus1848Send a Private Message to pegasus1848Direct Link to This Post
Thanks Capt.
I have mixed feelings.
They trashed two cars that had potential, but at the same time it was a hell of a plug
for just how tough our little friends really are. Dunked, nose/tail flipped, drowned, hard impacts.
Abused as they where they can still roar off the set at the end. What a car, what a car.
Even on the second car I think they where really expecting a big wreck, if they actually thought it would
make it to the other side of the pool they would have made more of a level exit instead of a mound
and then dropping down sloop. If they had an exit sloping up slightly the second car would have
made it and not been damaged at all.
Steve
Samohtneas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2009 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SamohtneasSend a Private Message to SamohtneasDirect Link to This Post
How the hell did they make a Fiero weigh 3,000 lbs?? And holy hell that hurt to watch.. =(

And of course it's flipped.. Screw with the weight, throw off that 50/50.. duh!

[This message has been edited by Samohtneas (edited 12-23-2009).]

GTMN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2009 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTMNSend a Private Message to GTMNDirect Link to This Post
True heartfelt thanks for this post!! I was hoping to see it somewhere. But, I think everyone has missed the point: It took a GOLD Fiero to skip the lake. Gold Fieros Rule!
dsnover

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2009 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dsnoverSend a Private Message to dsnoverDirect Link to This Post
Watching the first GT auger in badly, reminded me of jumping with my R/C car. I can control the front/back tilt while in the air using the throttle (basically, 'torque' tilt). It'd be interesting to find out if that was possible with a Fiero mid-air. If so, then they could have better controlled the attitude, and maybe the car would have skipped at least once. <sigh> It'd be really cool to have a job doing stuff like this!

It was a shame to trash the white/yellow GT that way, though fun to watch.
PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2009 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
They drove them away after, that was the payoff for us folks.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2009 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
I found the initial run plain stupid, especially since they use a smooth rock skipping over a pond. Nobody throws or Hail Mary's a smooth rock over water thinking it's going to skip. Actually, you skim the rock over the water in a under handed position. Regardless of what the movie depicted... they decided to use a elevated ramp... duh. Did the thought ever occurred that maybe the movie altered the pond? Secondly, on their last test using the notchie the idiots let the excitement get the best of them and forgot to shut down the system thus trashing the second Fiero (excuse me- unknown production car).

As for the unnamed show; I stopped watching it long time ago and I found the myths shown.... boring. I'd rather watch the show Mananswer, geese.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 12-23-2009).]

css9450

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2009 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by 30+mpg:

Let's BUST these myths:

1. Painting a car yellow makes it faster.

I think it was the yellow EGR valve on the second car that made the difference!

Fieromaniac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2009 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaniacClick Here to visit Fieromaniac's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieromaniacDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ayrow:

they even removed the engine sticker that say Fiero and taped the taillights on the GT
Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2009 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Direct Link to This Post
I am very glad to have had the opportunity to watch. I have mixed feelings about all of this. I thought the condescending attitude of the second string Mythbuster hosts had for the car was insulting and the juvenile excitement they showed was simply bad acting. However, it should be taken as a complement, for all of us who have adopted the Fiero as our own, that both of those cars drove off with spirit at the end of the "show". The abuse those two perfectly good cars took was remarkable. Just as remarkable as the display of ignorance.

------------------
1988 GT

Jonesy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2009 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyDirect Link to This Post
yeah i noticed Grant said the cars where "15 years old".. Did Pontiac release a Fiero in 95 that i didnt hear about? lol
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2009 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
The only good part in the episode was when Jessie (the girl) says, "This is the go-daddy button."
phoenixbeginning

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2009 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phoenixbeginningSend a Private Message to phoenixbeginningDirect Link to This Post
What I wouldnt give to have the parts left over....or really all the remote control stuff.My formula would be so cool being r/c down the block
MattyDaddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2010 01:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MattyDaddyClick Here to visit MattyDaddy's HomePageSend a Private Message to MattyDaddyDirect Link to This Post
ok, i'm watching this episode as i type this.. I'm actually kinda mad that these cars which are no longer being made and some parts you can't even find anymore are being ruined. Mostly because for the past 2 months I have dedicated my life to trying to get the fiero of my dreams

oh well, some day..
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock