Started on: 11-22-2009 02:55 PM
Replies: 23
Last post by: infinitewill on 11-24-2009 08:42 AM
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillDirect Link to This Post
Many of you that have been following the "Tyler's Toy" build thread were unable to see the plaque that was presented to Tyler during the build. I wanted to design something that captured the "essence" of Tyler's dream, the faith in the human spirit for those that labored so selflessly for this cause and the greatness of the Fiero community. In the end I decided to keep it simple and keep it clean. An acquaintance of mine, artist Sam Shepard from Cold Spring Granite took my design and brought it life in a way I can't even begin to thank him for. Sam took the time (at the last minute because he was called out ot town) to immortalize the "Tyler's Toy" project with this plaque. Through the generous donation of Sam and his company Cold Spring Granite of Cold Spring, MN we were able to present Tyler with this lasting memory of a great day in Frazee, MN.

This is my concept that I sent to Sam

This is Sam's creation

Did he nail it or what???

I hope you will join me in extending my thanks to Sam and Cold Spring Granite for their very generous support and donation in helping make Tyler's dream a reality.

Thank you Sam, I couldn't have done it without your guidance, your work is amazing!

Will Hammond

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 11-22-2009).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
cliffw

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
Great job Sam and thanks.
Will it go on his dash or will it go in his home ?
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
That's FANTASTIC!
Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post
Holy moly!!!
Big thumbs up, and a BIG thanks to both of you.
N3M3S1S

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SDirect Link to This Post
Oh wow that is AWESOME! Much thanks are in order for your friend Sam.
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoDirect Link to This Post
That is fantastic! Great job Sam! Thank you.
FastFieros

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 265
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastFierosClick Here to visit FastFieros's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastFierosDirect Link to This Post
WOW thats cool... Great job and concept.

http://www.fastfieros.com
Jrgicehc

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JrgicehcSend a Private Message to JrgicehcDirect Link to This Post
looks awesome, good job will and sam.
Genopsyde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GenopsydeClick Here to visit Genopsyde's HomePageSend a Private Message to GenopsydeDirect Link to This Post
simply amazing, thanks
cornersonrails

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsDirect Link to This Post
That is way awsome. Great job
Newbfiero

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NewbfieroSend a Private Message to NewbfieroDirect Link to This Post
This is amazing Job . So a + for you on that one

Rob

[This message has been edited by Newbfiero (edited 11-22-2009).]

PFF
System Bot
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
Perfect Sam. thanks for all your hard work.

Pat
Fosgatecavy98

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fosgatecavy98Send a Private Message to Fosgatecavy98Direct Link to This Post
Saw it person and pictures do no justice, its absolutely one of the coolest fiero related items ever made, period
RACE

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
I am almost overwhelmed by what this forum has done. Excellence still exists here.
carbon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fosgatecavy98:

Saw it person and pictures do no justice, its absolutely one of the coolest fiero related items ever made, period

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
You and Sam BOTH nailed it Will. That looks really great!
So many different things came together for this--just amazing.

infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2009 07:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillDirect Link to This Post
ttt
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2009 07:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
Thank you Sam and Will. That plaque is absolutely stunning, and thank you both for doing this for Tyler. I salute you both.

Andy
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2009 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
this picture does nothing..... If you ever see this in person you will realize this is a art piece. The quality is amazing. You dont even realize its a 5lb chunck of brass. It looks like a picture. Great work. A + to you
California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2009 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidDirect Link to This Post
Terrific Job!!!

I'd bet that it never leaves the Family!!!
Alibi

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2009 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AlibiSend a Private Message to AlibiDirect Link to This Post
Fantastic job! Amazing how well the metal mimics the shading in the picture!
PFF
System Bot
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 295
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2009 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
I came home one day last week to discover a yellow padded envelope between my screen door and my front door. I leaned over to pick it up, and was very surprised to discover that it weighed quite a bit.

When I opened the envelope, I realized what it was. I had forgotten it was on the way, and thus, did not realize that the plaque was in the padded envelope.

I pulled the plaque out face down, and turned it over. It took away my breath.

As I teared up, I admired the attention to detail that had been lavished upon this piece of art. The depth truly looked as if I could reach into a world in varying shades of bronze. The texture of the piece left many details that I know I would not be able to take in all at once.

The plaque was so beautiful, that I HAD to take it to work with me the next day and show it to everyone.

Sam, your work is truly outstanding. The detail and care which you lavished upon the plaque you made for our project is evident in the fine lines, the shading, and the overall physical heft and size of the plaque. It is absolutely beautiful, and when I showed the build team the night before presenting it to Tyler, there was nothing but praise.

When Karen at Frazee Auto Body and Glass saw it, she immediately teared up. It is a fitting and touching monument to the project that Tyler and his family will have for many many years to come.

Outstanding sir. My hat is off to you, and any time you find yourself down here in the Twin Cities, you are welcome to a beer on me.
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2009 07:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by twofatguys:

The world is watching

Tyler meets Andy via Skype

Originally posted by twofatguys:

Chris unveils the plaque

The smile that lit up the world

Andy sees the plaque

Chris, when you, Tyler and his parents were talking to Andy in Iraq the entire world was watching. When you presented Sam's plaque the smile on Tyler's face is priceless!! The dedication and selflessness that all of you showed during the build was amazing. This defines the goodness in humanity. I can't thank all of you enough

Will

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 11-24-2009).]

infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2009 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillDirect Link to This Post

infinitewill

2327 posts
Member since Mar 2009
ttt

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 11-24-2009).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay