Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Have some electric window accelerators on hand. Looking for some to try for R&D

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Have some electric window accelerators on hand. Looking for some to try for R&D by Rodney
Started on: 10-12-2009 07:28 AM
Replies: 13
Last post by: tmur115 on 10-12-2009 06:35 PM
Rodney

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 267
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2009 07:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyDirect Link to This Post
I have some of my electric window accelerators units on hand. This is an electrical add on device that speeds up slow power windows. I will be getting more of these units later this year. For now I have several to try out for R&D. So for now I am looking for some to help with R&D. I can send some out to a few that in turn would be willing to help me with installation tips and installation instructions. I sent some out earlier this year and a few installed them in their Fiero’s and they had good results with them speeding up their electric windows. These previous units I sent out earlier this year were larger in size. My new units are smaller. I am looking for a few that would be willing to help with installation instructions and maybe someone that can make some installation drawings. These will fit most any car or truck with electric windows (except maybe not those with express up and down systems etc). So I would like to see some with other cars or trucks also try them. I have several on hand and would be willing to send some out N/C to those willing to help. I am looking for those that can help with the technical side of installation write ups etc. These do not have to be installed in a Fiero. If you are interested send me an email at rodney@rodneydickman.com. No PM's please. Let me know if you have the ability to install them and can help with creating installation instructions and which vehicles you have that you would be interested in trying them on. These new smaller units are approx. 2 1/2 " by 1 1/4" by 1". They should be installed near the electric window switch. On the Fiero that means in the center console area. In other cars and trucks that may mean in the doors.

------------------
Rodney Dickman

Fiero Parts And Acc's Web Page:
www.rodneydickman.com
Rodney Dickman's Fiero accessories
7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
larini74

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2009 07:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for larini74Click Here to visit larini74's HomePageSend a Private Message to larini74Direct Link to This Post
I would like to try a set out Rodney.....
PM sent

[This message has been edited by larini74 (edited 10-12-2009).]

Rodney

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 267
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2009 08:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rodney:

If you are interested send me an email at rodney@rodneydickman.com. No PM's please.

------------------
Rodney Dickman

Fiero Parts And Acc's Web Page:
www.rodneydickman.com
Rodney Dickman's Fiero accessories
7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2009 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
Email sent Rodney.
Macs86GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2009 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTDirect Link to This Post
Email sent Rodney.

[This message has been edited by Macs86GT (edited 10-12-2009).]

Alibi

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2009 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AlibiSend a Private Message to AlibiDirect Link to This Post
Email sent. I have a Fiero as well as several GM H-Body cars in my family that have window issues I'd like to try them on.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2009 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
email sent
FieroReinke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2009 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroReinkeSend a Private Message to FieroReinkeDirect Link to This Post
Email Sent.
DefEddie

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2009 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DefEddieSend a Private Message to DefEddieDirect Link to This Post
Slow windows are caused by bad/corroded wiring and switches or high resistance somewhere in the circuit isn't it?
Not to jack a thread,just looking for info.
Wouldn't this simply repair a symptom and not the cause or is this an entire harness?

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2009 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by DefEddie:

Slow windows are caused by bad/corroded wiring and switches or high resistance somewhere in the circuit isn't it?
Not to jack a thread,just looking for info.
Wouldn't this simply repair a symptom and not the cause or is this an entire harness?

Slow windows have many causes...some easy to fix, some not so easy. After 25 years probably everything needs replacing. These accelerators are a nice brute force solution. See here for more info:

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/097894.html

mid engine monsters

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2009 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mid engine monstersSend a Private Message to mid engine monstersDirect Link to This Post
i have installed a simlar product on starters and power windows on early porsche"s and vws all connections can be as new and the motors just need a boost or starter needs a boost without going thru the ign switch assembly for power ,i need some of these for my chevy truck (its the same as the fiero as far as speed )....it could stand a boost
PFF
System Bot
josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2009 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
E-Mail Sent
Bdub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2009 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BdubSend a Private Message to BdubDirect Link to This Post
Email sent.
tmur115

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2009 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tmur115Send a Private Message to tmur115Direct Link to This Post
email sent

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock