We lost a fellow member :( by MooCow
Started on: 10-07-2009 02:38 PM
Replies: 69
Last post by: FieroRumor on 10-11-2009 09:13 AM
MooCow

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2009 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MooCowSend a Private Message to MooCowDirect Link to This Post
I really hate to be the bearer of bad news, but a family member asked for me to post this.

Shawn (skoon) passed away Tuesday morning. The family doesn't know too many details yet, but it looks to be an accidental gun shot while he was sleeping.

For those of you that didn't know skoon, he was a stand up guy, and would drop everything to help another member out. I know as he helped me many times with my own Fiero. I even bought my Fiero from him. He always made time to answer any questions that I came up with.

skoon my friend you will be missed

Thanks,

Ken~
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2009 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
RIP.
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2009 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
Wow. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family...
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2009 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
RIP skoon
NCTyphoonKid

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2009 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NCTyphoonKidSend a Private Message to NCTyphoonKidDirect Link to This Post
I looked under the Charlotte obituaries and did not see his name.Are you sure this is true?If it is my thought and prayers go out to you buddy may you RIP I talked to him on Sat
Emc209i

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 225
User Banned

Report this Post10-07-2009 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Emc209iSend a Private Message to Emc209iDirect Link to This Post
Korey just called me to let me know. This has really shaken all of us here, and our thoughts go out to his family. Skoon had a laugh that could be picked out of a crowd. Jason and I were talking fondly of him yesterday... it's still somewhat surreal that this has happened.

Here's a picture of Skoon at the last NC Fiero's Meeting (He's leaning back in the chair in the middle):

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2009 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MooCow:
but it looks to be an accidental gun shot while he was sleeping.

skoon my friend you will be missed

Thanks,

Ken~

My sympathies and condolences to his family and friends.

How does such a thing occur? Did he sleep with a loaded gun?

Ron
BlackThunderGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2009 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTDirect Link to This Post
RIP
kevin

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2009 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinDirect Link to This Post
What terrible news I can only assume this was a terrible accident. Keep us informed when more information is available. RIP

Cordially,
Kevin

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2009 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
RIP
MAD_DOG_LV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2009 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MAD_DOG_LVSend a Private Message to MAD_DOG_LVDirect Link to This Post
RIP
PFF
System Bot
fierocarparts

Feedback score:    (66)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2009 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsDirect Link to This Post
Ken, if sending flowers, let me know and I'll pitch in.
FallenShadow 2m4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2009 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FallenShadow 2m4Send a Private Message to FallenShadow 2m4Direct Link to This Post
Althought I didn't know him, may he RIP. It's always sad to lose a fellow fiero fan & PFF member.
I know the feeling of loosing a loved one to an accidental gun shot.. I pray for his friends and family

------------------
--FallenShadow

pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2009 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
R.I.P damn dude i remember skoon, Real nice guy he helped me out a few times to. that is really sad.
Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2009 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post
My sympathies and condolences to his friends and to the family.

I guess PFF has really gotten big when I don't even know someone who was active here. I did a search and it seems he was often in the Technical section or the Mall, both of which I almost never open. Looks like I missed knowing a good guy. This was a loss for all of us.

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post10-07-2009 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
My deepest sympathies towards his friends and family. May he rest in peace, and be remembered always.

Tony
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 698
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2009 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post
My thoughts are with his friends and family. May he rest in peace...
fiero67

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 107
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2009 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero67Send a Private Message to fiero67Direct Link to This Post
Our thoughts and prayers go out to friends and family. Its a shame things like these happens. John
FastFieros

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 265
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2009 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastFierosClick Here to visit FastFieros's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastFierosDirect Link to This Post
RIP...

FastFieros sending warm prays to the family.
MooCow

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2009 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MooCowSend a Private Message to MooCowDirect Link to This Post
I am sending his brother this link, as I am sure him and his family would like to know how much skoon meant to the Fiero Community.

When I know more information I will pass it along.

Thanks,

Ken~
NCTyphoonKid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2009 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NCTyphoonKidSend a Private Message to NCTyphoonKidDirect Link to This Post
Here is a pic of his car back in March at one of our meets before North Carolina Fiero Owners was formed
PFF
System Bot
NCTyphoonKid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2009 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NCTyphoonKidSend a Private Message to NCTyphoonKidDirect Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by NCTyphoonKid:

Here is a pic of his car back in March at one of our meets before North Carolina Fiero Owners was formed

Forgot to say he has helped me out several times and has given me alot of Fiero stuff.I have a exhaust I picked up from him back in September on my car and plan to have a rememberance to him at our Oct.17th meet in Greensboro.He was the first Fiero guy I met in NC

[This message has been edited by NCTyphoonKid (edited 10-07-2009).]

Jncomutt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2009 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttDirect Link to This Post
WOW, I'm shocked. This is horrible to hear. He just randomly stopped by the shop a few days ago to shoot the sh!t, hang out for a bit, talk fieros, etc. He was talkin about how he was pretty amped up about finishing up some remodeling and having a Halloween get-together. I can't believe this.

He was a stand up guy, and a great member among the fiero community. He will be missed..

RIP Skoon...
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2009 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post
RIP Fiero Friend.
Xerces_Blackthorne

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2009 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneDirect Link to This Post
Wow...I'm speechless. Shawn was an awesome guy, and one of the handful of people I talked to often here at PFF...We talked a few times about his 4.9 swap and my upcoming 4.9 swap...

Best wishes to the family. I'd like to know more about what happened if there are any more details in the future.

-XB
Fierfly

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2009 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierflySend a Private Message to FierflyDirect Link to This Post
I met him at the July meet. I really looked forward to hanging out with him again.
I met him once. It wasn't enough.
He was a great guy.

proff

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2009 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for proffClick Here to visit proff's HomePageSend a Private Message to proffDirect Link to This Post
wow

how come a gun was with him while he was sleeping?
Thoughts are with you from Australia.
I am not sure if we meet him but i think we talked to him in a meeting in the fiero factory in Tony AL
i could be wrong.
we were laughing our heads off way back them
our prays comming your way from the other side of the world, down under.
may he rest in peace

[This message has been edited by proff (edited 10-07-2009).]

Newbfiero

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2009 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NewbfieroSend a Private Message to NewbfieroDirect Link to This Post
Thoughts and prayers go out to friends and family.May he rest in peace

Rob
MooCow

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2009 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MooCowSend a Private Message to MooCowDirect Link to This Post
His brother just emailed me back and here is more info:

The funeral will be this Saturday. The visitation will be from 9:30-10:30 and the service will be at 11. It will be at the Hartsell Funeral Home in Concord, NC. Their website should have details. It is www.hartsellfh.com.

Also sometime next week his brother is going to get with me about all of his Fiero parts. Anyone that knew skoon, knows he has a lot of parts I will post something on here about the parts when I have more info.

Thanks,

Ken~
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2009 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
Shawn Michael Schoonmaker
(August 16, 1980 - October 6, 2009)

Sign Guest Book

Shawn Michael Schoonmaker, Age 29 of Charlotte, NC passed away on October 06, 2009.Formerly of Rochester and Marion NY.
Shawn was a Lead Service Technician with Time Warner Cable in Charlotte, he was a member of The Pontiac Fiero Car Club. He was a US Army veteran, having served in Iraq.

A visitation will be held on Saturday, October 10, 2009 from 9:30 AM until 10:30 AM at Hartsell Funeral Home Concord.

A Memorial service will be held on Saturday, October 10, 2009 at 11:00 AM in Hartsell Funeral Home Chapel in Concord.

Shawn is survived by his mother & father Judy and Alan Schoonmaker of Concord, NC; brothers Nicolas Schoonmaker & wife Tansy of Chapel Hill, NC; and Adam Schoonmaker of Concord, NC; his grandfather Alan Schoonmaker and numerous aunts, uncles, and cousins.

Memorials may be made to American Diabetes Association PO Box 11454 Alexandria, VA 22312 Online condolences may be made at www.hartsellfh.com

Way too young.
Grumpy0868

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2009 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Grumpy0868Send a Private Message to Grumpy0868Direct Link to This Post
Ken,
Thank you for the information, this is devastating news, his family will be in our thoughts, I just talked to him a few weeks ago, I got the two Indys from him. I only knew him for a short time and Shawn was one the greatest guys ya wanted to meet.
It is with a heavy heart that i type this.
RIP Skoon.
PFF
System Bot
The_Stickman2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2009 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The_Stickman2Click Here to visit The_Stickman2's HomePageSend a Private Message to The_Stickman2Direct Link to This Post
Very sorry to hear of his passing. Always sad when one goes so young.
whadeduck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2009 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckDirect Link to This Post
My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends. Way too young to go. Rest in peace and know that you will be missed by all whom you knew.

------------------
Whade' "The Duck Formerly Known As Wade" Duck
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

NCTyphoonKid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2009 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NCTyphoonKidSend a Private Message to NCTyphoonKidDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the info
Korey
Trinten

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2009 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenDirect Link to This Post
Damn

I just talked to him recently too.

Emc209i

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 225
User Banned

Report this Post10-07-2009 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Emc209iSend a Private Message to Emc209iDirect Link to This Post
One way or another, I will be attending the funeral. I'd still like to know what happened.
NCTyphoonKid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2009 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NCTyphoonKidSend a Private Message to NCTyphoonKidDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Emc209i:

One way or another, I will be attending the funeral.

I will be also
ChuckLS1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2009 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChuckLS1Send a Private Message to ChuckLS1Direct Link to This Post
I am shocked! I only met him once when he bought my first Fiero from me which MooCow owns now. Exchanged a few emails too. I liked him immediatly! Very nice guy! Was hoping to see him again at the next meet. My condolences to his family.

------------------
Chuck
88 Formula W/fastback
09 Dodge Caliber SXT

psychosurfer

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2009 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for psychosurferSend a Private Message to psychosurferDirect Link to This Post
Much love and respect to his family and friends. RIP
Fierfly

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2009 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierflySend a Private Message to FierflyDirect Link to This Post

Let's show his family what an impression this guy made on us all.

I want to see a lot of Fieros there Saturday.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock