Brand-Old Rims! (What do you think?) by Mr_jacob7
Started on: 10-05-2009 07:31 PM
Replies: 34
Last post by: Mr_jacob7 on 10-15-2009 06:29 PM
Mr_jacob7

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2009 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr_jacob7Send a Private Message to Mr_jacob7Direct Link to This Post
Got the rims powder coated black, with the orange lugnuts, and the orange "pontiac" wording. personally, i love how they came out. :]

[This message has been edited by Mr_jacob7 (edited 10-05-2009).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
zigaroo

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2009 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zigarooSend a Private Message to zigarooDirect Link to This Post
Tire shine and you're be golden. ...or just... more orange-ish.

mid engine monsters

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2009 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mid engine monstersSend a Private Message to mid engine monstersDirect Link to This Post
pro street dave

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2009 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pro street daveSend a Private Message to pro street daveDirect Link to This Post
Need to see noor of a side shot.
Khw

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2009 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwDirect Link to This Post
Are you going to paint a couple of triangle eyes and a grimacing smile on te hood? J/K.

I kinda like them, not so sure about the orange lettering as it's hard to see, but the black powder coating doesn't look bad.

------------------

Mr_jacob7

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2009 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr_jacob7Send a Private Message to Mr_jacob7Direct Link to This Post
i like the letters. i'm not too certain about the lugnuts. i think they're a bit too flashy. might paint them black.

i love the "triangle eyes and smile" comment. haha!
(my mom says it's a safety cone)
aeffertz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2009 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aeffertzSend a Private Message to aeffertzDirect Link to This Post
I think the tires need to have white letters on them with black rims, otherwise it looks kinda goofy.
But I like the paint job, very cool.
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2009 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaDirect Link to This Post
put an orange "pin stripe" around the rim edge. Saw it done on hot rod TV and it looked great.

[This message has been edited by qwikgta (edited 10-05-2009).]

mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2009 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mr_jacob7:

Got the rims powder coated black, with the orange lugnuts, and the orange "pontiac" wording. personally, i love how they came out. :]

I don't like black rims, sorry. Not my cup of tea. Even more so the factory 14's. Good effort though!
DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2009 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by qwikgta:

put an orange "pin stripe" around the rim edge. Saw it done on hot rod TV and it looked great.

+1 I think that would look great.
mrjohnishome

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2009 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrjohnishomeSend a Private Message to mrjohnishomeDirect Link to This Post
personally, I like it alot
PFF
System Bot
DefEddie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2009 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DefEddieSend a Private Message to DefEddieDirect Link to This Post
I wanna see it with the orange rim.
I love black rims and the "tuner" look,but right now with the tires it looks a bit too black unless you contrast something else up top.

Looks great though.
css9450

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2009 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by mattwa:

I don't like black rims, sorry. Not my cup of tea.

I agree with Mattwa. I think this new trend of black wheels is dumb. At least this guy had his powder-coated; I've seen too many which were just rattle-can painted flat black and are chipping/peeling. Uggh.

Arns85GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2009 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTDirect Link to This Post
I don't think the black rims are dumb. As I recall, the lead sledders and hotrodders of the '50's had alot of painted rims.

There are applications that painted rims look cool. In this case the classic orange over black is just that, a classic colour scheme. I personally don't go for black rims, but that is personal taste.

Congrats on a nice job.

Arn
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2009 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
I didn't say black rims where dumb either, I simply said I don't like them. My reason is that black rims tend to hide the sharp edges and lines that make wheels look good. Looks like its one big tire or even an empty space if no light is hitting it.
css9450

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2009 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Direct Link to This Post
And I didn't say the black rims were dumb, I said the trend was dumb.
Macs86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2009 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTDirect Link to This Post
It looks nice and well done. Whilst I agree that the trend is not for me from and artistic sense the composition is off too much negative space dominating the scene. The scene being the car in question fiero or non fiero.
RACE

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2009 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
I like it. I have the same rims and have wondered how it would look. I think I would have left the outer lip silver though.

Btw, what is the deal with the 2x4? Please tell me that isn't your parking brake.
grkboy707

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2009 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grkboy707Send a Private Message to grkboy707Direct Link to This Post
im a sucker for black rims
Mr_jacob7

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2009 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr_jacob7Send a Private Message to Mr_jacob7Direct Link to This Post
honestly, i hate black rims. they always look dirty. our problem, though, was that nothing else on the car was chrome, or even gun metal. black was really the obvious choice.

also, we kinda were going for this look:

http://www.flickr.com/photo.../3407594863/sizes/l/

the orange pin stripe, i'm a little leary (is that the word?) about... i've seen so many times when the pin stripe just looks too flashy. i really don't want the whole "LOOK AT MEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!1" thing going on. that's why i'm thinking about painting the lug nuts black.

And, RACE; what do you mean "2x4"? Are you talking about the "3.1" behind the wheel? I'm still looking for a "turbo" badge to go with it. ;]

(edit)

Oh! the board. haha! yeah, that's only temporary. we're in mid-swap, but that's in a different thread. hehe

[This message has been edited by Mr_jacob7 (edited 10-06-2009).]

Dflint

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2009 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DflintSend a Private Message to DflintDirect Link to This Post
i love what you have done now you got me thinking cause i would really love you get mine black but do you think it will go with the red?.. i wonder if anybody can photoshop your car painted the fiero red?

------------------
Dflint24...85 SE

PFF
System Bot
Dflint

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2009 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DflintSend a Private Message to DflintDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dflint:

i love what you have done, now you got me thinking cause i would really love to get my rims black... but do you think it will go with the red?.. i wonder if anybody can photoshop your car painted the fiero red?
pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2009 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyDirect Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by mattwa:
I don't like black rims, sorry. Not my cup of tea. QUOTE]

HI all

I think that it would look awesome with a polished lip..... Luvvvvvvssss the colored lugnuts, nice touch!!

------------------
Me, I sell engines, the cars are for free, I need something to crate the engines in....
Enzo Ferrari....

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines....
Enzo Ferrari...

Today they are called garage's, yesterday, they were stable's! Eric Jacobsen....

NightMare Cruiser

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2009 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NightMare CruiserSend a Private Message to NightMare CruiserDirect Link to This Post
Snazzy!! I like !!
Mr_jacob7

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2009 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr_jacob7Send a Private Message to Mr_jacob7Direct Link to This Post
side-on picture. excuse the dirty wheel. i haven't been able to wash the car for a while, due to it's being off the ground... w/e.

vinny

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2009 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vinnySend a Private Message to vinnyDirect Link to This Post
I don't know, I think they look pretty good. 14s are ok on a more............how can I say this.................... SMALL, plane, or.............less dramatic car. The only thing I would do different is lose the luggage rack. Damn good! Damn good man!

Vinny
Mr_jacob7

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2009 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr_jacob7Send a Private Message to Mr_jacob7Direct Link to This Post
I really kinda like the luggage rack. i think the car looks plain, without it. i mean; it's an option; flaunt it.

eventually, i want a wing, but that's eventually. not now.
vinny

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2009 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vinnySend a Private Message to vinnyDirect Link to This Post
Oh, It don't matter the car still looks good.
riley

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2009 12:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rileySend a Private Message to rileyDirect Link to This Post
Where's the PHOTOSHOP guys? can someone ad the orange pinstripe just inside the outer edge of the wheel and raised white letting on the tires.

Originally posted by Mr_jacob7:

I am not big fan of black rims either but i like the creativity and originality of this. I never though to paint the wheel nuts and the "PONTIAC" in orange looks good.

Try painting the calipers orange as well as the "hat" of the brake rotor.

I wonder how it would look with the outer edge of each spoke orange. i wish i knew anything about photoshop.
BazookaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2009 01:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BazookaFieroSend a Private Message to BazookaFieroDirect Link to This Post
Sie nannten?

Thin orange lip:

Polished lip:

And for Dflint, Red Fiero:

I think the black rims look good. It helps draw attention to the body color, and make it more vibrant. Flashy rims often take too much attention away from the car itself, which contrary to popular belief, is a bad thing. Keep up the good work, man

Dave

------------------
BAZOOKAFIERO's Junk

"I can feel your fear and weakness, I see my own in the mirrors of your eyes"

[This message has been edited by BazookaFiero (edited 10-12-2009).]

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2009 07:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post
morning y'all ,orange ring looks cool. (good show Bazooka) and the luggage rack helps break up the orange. looks real good!! thats whats cool about a lot of black trim. it is almost a 2nd (two tone) color. how about a black racing stripe down middle. is that tooo much.................? I am gonna have to figure out that photoshop. seems like a lot of fun playing around with different color combinations. bye-D

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 10-12-2009).]

PFF
System Bot
never2old

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2009 07:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for never2oldSend a Private Message to never2oldDirect Link to This Post
M humble opinion............I don't care for the complete orange look .
Someone else has orange and black which breaks it up a bit.
Why are you leaving your brake calipers red?
Or are you painting them orange also?
Mr_jacob7

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2009 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr_jacob7Send a Private Message to Mr_jacob7Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by BazookaFiero:

I think the black rims look good. It helps draw attention to the body color, and make it more vibrant. Flashy rims often take too much attention away from the car itself, which contrary to popular belief, is a bad thing. Keep up the good work, man

Dave

couldn't have worded it any better. i hate crazy rims.

good job on the photoshop, btw. i kinda like the orange lip. not enough to send them all back up to georgia, but i like it. hehe. as for the polished, i'm not into that. there's nothing else chrome on the car, so it would just stand out.

the red looks really good, too, but i'm afraid i'm gonna be one of a million, in a few months, as far as the rims/lugs. haha

as far as the calipers, we just got orange caliper paint, saturday. they've been red (and a crappy, filfthy red, at that) since the car was white. never got around to it.

thanks for all the attention, guys. i appreciate all the feedback. makes me feel all warm and fuzzy, inside. :]

(EDIT)

This is what it used to look like, long ago:

------------------
"Be not led astray, bretheren beloved..." -James 1:16.

Orange 1984 Fiero; McLaren 3.1 Turbo.

[This message has been edited by Mr_jacob7 (edited 10-12-2009).]

Dflint

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2009 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DflintSend a Private Message to DflintDirect Link to This Post
BazookaFiero you are the man... i was thinking about doing the same thing with my rims painting them black and i like the red logo and lugg nuts

[This message has been edited by Dflint (edited 10-12-2009).]

Mr_jacob7

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2009 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr_jacob7Send a Private Message to Mr_jacob7Direct Link to This Post
Just painted the calipers orange. once they dry, i'll re-tire (not retire. big difference) the car, and take some pics for you guys. ;]

------------------
"Be not led astray, bretheren beloved..." -James 1:16.

Orange 1984 Fiero; McLaren 3.1 Turbo.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock