Started on: 09-26-2009 02:30 AM
Replies: 15
Last post by: pontiackid86 on 09-27-2009 04:36 PM
fierosound

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2009 02:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post
... in the long run. https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...060811-2-068750.html

I see this too often. You search and find the "perfect thread" with the vital information you need - but the pictures have been lost. Wherever they were - they're NOT there anymore. So all we see is a page of small boxes with Red X's in them.

Please use PIP (Pennock's Image Poster) guys. It can be downloaded from the bottom of the page.

------------------

World of Wheels Winners
My 3.4L S/C 87 GT
& Super Duty 4 Indy

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2009 02:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
I use Photobucket, and I don't plan on deleting any. and if something happens to the account, i also have the pictures on my computer.

But i understand what your point is.

[This message has been edited by mattwa (edited 09-26-2009).]

Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2009 02:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
The problem with remote image hosting is every site that does it only does it to steal traffic. They may off the service for a few weeks with the advertising but then they get greedy. I have had servers for over 10 years and seen it all almost anything that was free doesn't even exist anymore.
Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2009 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post
When I got this new laptop, I didn't want to go through all the trouble of loading PIP again. Photobucket is SO much easier. Plus, I keep seeing people post how much trouble they have with PIP, although I never had any probems when I used it a long time ago. It's just more trouble to load than I want to deal with. I figure if someone can't see an image I posted, they can ask me about it.
RickN

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2009 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RickNSend a Private Message to RickNDirect Link to This Post
Keep in mind that myfiero.com should be a good stable place to put pictures posted here. As I understand it is hosted on the same server as Pennocks Forum.

myfiero.com

Nothing needs to be loaded on your computer. Just go the the site, the images from PIP and the myfiero.com are both hosted on the same server, select the IMAGEHOST tab and browse your computer for the picture that you want to upload, select SEND, then scroll down the page to find the "Forum Code" line and select the COPY LINK just below it, then go to Pennocks, right mouse click and select PASTE within your post.
Also, keep in mind that there is a size limit on pictures of 100kb and 640 pixels in width. So larger pictures will need to be reduced in size.

I've been using Firefox and have had to highlight and copy the contents of the Forum Code window.

Archived Thread

------------------
RickN
White 88GT 5spd
White 85GT Auto
White 99 F250SD 7.3PSD 6spd
1956 Ford 860 Tractor w/ Freeman Loader
20Ft Tilt Bed Trailer

[This message has been edited by RickN (edited 09-26-2009).]

RockyBalboaLives

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2009 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RockyBalboaLivesSend a Private Message to RockyBalboaLivesDirect Link to This Post
I have to agree, no matter how many times I have tried to get PIP working, for some reason it just won't and I am no computer amateur either, my opinion is that its just an inferior software program.. IF it worked without any issues, I would be using it, because it doesn't however I will still keep using a 3rd party to host my pics.

[This message has been edited by RockyBalboaLives (edited 09-26-2009).]

Terry_w

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2009 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Terry_wSend a Private Message to Terry_wDirect Link to This Post
I remember the first computer I installed PIP on I had a little trouble. I don't remember what I did wrong but it was my fault. I have installed it on 3 other computers since. Always works flawlessly. 3 of my installs were XP pro, the other was Vista Premium.
I think I read somewhere the size limit was raised to 150k.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2009 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post
I just pay for photo hosting at $40.00 per year for 500mb of photos. Unless I don't pay or I decide to delete them, they are there forever.....unless the server goes down for a while
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2009 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
Totally agree with the OP... if you are going to post pics on Pennocks it would be a million times better if you host the pics on Pennock's server. It's an amazing benefit that Cliff provides and it's foolish not to take advantage of it.

I have heard about all the issues people have, but it's usually a firewall issue, not PIP itself. I would argue that 99.999% of the time that www.Myfiero.com would work in those cases.
Valkyrie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2009 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ValkyrieSend a Private Message to ValkyrieDirect Link to This Post
Perhaps if it was friendly with OS X.
Spoon

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2009 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonDirect Link to This Post
I always use PIP with no problem. Its does seem like a tap-dance for it all to happen. Maybe one day it can be modified to a drag & drop method where you drop it directly into your post and all the other background stuff will be transparent.

Spoon

------------------
Two yeast spent their entire life "about 2 days" discussing what the purpose of life could be and not once did they even come close to the fact that they were making champagne. Quoted by: Unknown

PFF
System Bot
jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2009 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RockyBalboaLives:

I have to agree, no matter how many times I have tried to get PIP working, for some reason it just won't and I am no computer amateur either, my opinion is that its just an inferior software program.. IF it worked without any issues, I would be using it, because it doesn't however I will still keep using a 3rd party to host my pics.

X2, except I don't know crap about computers. I can't get PIP to work. I use Photobucket. Sorry.

Jim

RickN

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2009 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RickNSend a Private Message to RickNDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jimbolaya:

X2, except I don't know crap about computers. I can't get PIP to work. I use Photobucket. Sorry.

Jim

I think the point is that many of these photo hosting sights come and go at the whim of the providers and/or subscribers, I know Yahoo shut down their own sight and started using Flicker. Some people change internet providers, old accounts get closed. This all puts the content of many good posts in jeopordy years down the road.

I wonder if Pennock's could somehow just capture images as part of the posting process. The software already automatically replaces the original link once the post is submitted anyway, so why couldn't images be automatically captured and re-hosted onto the Pennock's server once the posting is submitted to the forum?

[This message has been edited by RickN (edited 09-26-2009).]

s550w

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2009 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for s550wSend a Private Message to s550wDirect Link to This Post
I have used photobucket a lot but, I think in the technical section is when it can be the worse. A picture lost of a good looking gal or car is sad. The loss of the pphoto showing how to fix an item not described well in a repair manual or how to make an upgrade causes much more grief.

My thought. So far, I think my stuff on photobucket is all there.
Haggerty

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2009 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HaggertySend a Private Message to HaggertyDirect Link to This Post
I hate when I come across a good thread and the poster uses Photobucket. Its blocked everywhere I go, but im able to see PIP images.
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2009 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
I use photo bucket to. Im to lazy to delete my photos so when it fills up ill just make another account.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock