Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  what are the mythbusters doing with a Fiero? (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
what are the mythbusters doing with a Fiero? by fieroX
Started on: 09-25-2009 03:51 AM
Replies: 50
Last post by: Darksyde on 12-15-2009 05:33 PM
fieroX

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 372
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2009 03:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroXSend a Private Message to fieroXDirect Link to This Post
I was looking through some fiero articles after doing some google searching and found these. I dont have a twitter account and dont plan on ever having one, but heres what I found. Looks like they may be doing a myth on making a fiero faster than a lambo. They should of just called me and saved the trouble.

http://twitpic.com/gzhn3
http://twitpic.com/h3vvt
http://twitpic.com/gzrsl
http://twitpic.com/gd7q9
http://twitpic.com/h7i5k
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
86fierofun

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2009 04:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunDirect Link to This Post
Are Fiero's and Delorians really that similar?
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2009 04:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
Who would have thought. A topic involving a fiero that you know who over at another fourmhasent infected.

What are they planning on doing with it?
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2009 04:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
I hope they destroy them!.....me and my fiero are fighting right now
Valkyrie

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2009 04:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ValkyrieSend a Private Message to ValkyrieDirect Link to This Post
Grant calling it a Ford Fiero? On purpose so they don't get sued or is he just an idiot?
I especially like some of the comments made.

"Beware the Fiero, they lived up to their namesake of 'Wild' in Italian, but not how you'd think. Quite combustible with all the plastic too."(I could've sworn it meant proud.)

"Hope you're planning to blow that gas guzzler up!!!" (Apparently all cars not made in the 2000's are gas guzzlers. *shrug*)

"yeah I remember trying to work on a fiero engine, no room at all and if you have to work on the exhaust, just pull the motor..."

"So, you got a Fiero to break 40mph?"

"Nitrous oxide - because the Pontiac Fiero needs to be EVEN MORE likely to burst into flames than usual... ;-)"

If any of these are 88's (doubting) I'm going to poop .

[This message has been edited by Valkyrie (edited 09-25-2009).]

Bullet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2009 06:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BulletSend a Private Message to BulletDirect Link to This Post

Does the hose from the sunroof go into the top of the air cleaner box? Could this be a new take on a cold air intake?
Turn the AC to MAX HI and maybe an extra HP or so. Surprised we haven't seen a ricer with this setup.

darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2009 07:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
Nitrous 2.8 fiero....

This whole fiero thing is destined to fail.
Foxy Fiero13

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2009 07:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Foxy Fiero13Send a Private Message to Foxy Fiero13Direct Link to This Post
these ppl make me wanna punch babies.....

------------------

Alibi

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2009 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AlibiSend a Private Message to AlibiDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Foxy Fiero13:

these ppl make me wanna punch babies.....

How about flaming child punches? I'm sooooo tired of getting the "didn't those catch fire?" comments.

mid engine monsters

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2009 08:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mid engine monstersSend a Private Message to mid engine monstersDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86fierofun:

Are Fiero's and Delorians really that similar?

have you ever plugged your lighter in while your radio is turned to 88 fm when it hits 88 mph ?
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2009 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post
what are they trying to do ? see if a Fiero will out run a lambo before it blows up from all the NOS?

PFF
System Bot
twofatguys

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2009 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

what are they trying to do ? see if a Fiero will out run a lambo before it blows up from all the NOS?

I think they are trying to lose some viewership. I'll miss the show, but as I know what they end up doing with 99% of the stuff they have on the show...

Brad
fieroX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2009 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroXSend a Private Message to fieroXDirect Link to This Post
from what I can gather, they are going to be racing exotic cars with it, and yes the 2.8 will fail at that. So after the show airs we need to contact them when they "bust" the myth that a Fiero can beat a supercar or whatever, and I will take my car to Sacramento and show those Lambo's whats up.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2009 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroX:

from what I can gather, they are going to be racing exotic cars with it, and yes the 2.8 will fail at that. So after the show airs we need to contact them when they "bust" the myth that a Fiero can beat a supercar or whatever, and I will take my car to Sacramento and show those Lambo's whats up.

Now we are talking
get a few hot rod Fieros together to go kick some butt!

Just tell them you heard a Myth that Italian cars catch fire

does anyone know when it will air? I need to Tivo it

[This message has been edited by whodeanie (edited 09-25-2009).]

Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2009 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
Oh this could get interesting.

------------------
85GT Soon to be 87GT,93 Eldorado 4.9, 5spd Dual O2 Custom Chip, Custom Exhaust. MSD Everything Capt Fiero --- My Over View Cadero Pics Yellow 88GT 5spd Full Poly Suspension, Lowered 1/2" in front, Corner Carver.

dudewithoutfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2009 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dudewithoutfieroSend a Private Message to dudewithoutfieroDirect Link to This Post
looks like lowlux even is posting on it. of course he is lying

lowlux on September 25, 2009: why are they using a stock motor? these guys must not know what there @#$%ing doing? i swamped in a Cadillac north star with a turbo in mine.. i know it can kill that slow as lamno
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post09-25-2009 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by darkhorizon:

Nitrous 2.8 fiero....

This whole fiero thing is destined to fail.

its misbusters, what do you expect?
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post09-25-2009 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

Nurb432

33617 posts
Member since May 2006

Originally posted by mid engine monsters:

have you ever plugged your lighter in while your radio is turned to 88 fm when it hits 88 mph ?

I have, or is that i will? I get all confused with that strange flashing thing between the seats.
Mike Gonzalez

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 130
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2009 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike GonzalezSend a Private Message to Mike GonzalezDirect Link to This Post
New episodes start next Wednesday at 9 ET
batousai666

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2009 06:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post
thanks mike. to the DVR Batman. M-Y-T-H-B-U.........Later -
Dan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2009 07:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
ahh HA!
PFF
System Bot
mid engine monsters

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2009 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mid engine monstersSend a Private Message to mid engine monstersDirect Link to This Post
i wonder if the nitrous will go thru the tube inside the cabin .....he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he ,ha ha hn ah ah ah ah aha h ahha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha .....he he he he he he he he he he he he he he ............funny
WKDFIRO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2009 01:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WKDFIROSend a Private Message to WKDFIRODirect Link to This Post
The nitrous set up is on a notch back, the interior intake is on the fastback. Two Fieros? What are they trying to disprove? Anyone have an idea when this episode will be on?
01GPGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2009 03:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 01GPGTSend a Private Message to 01GPGTDirect Link to This Post
hmm interesting. hope they don't kill a 88. i also lol'd at the gas guzzler comment

and on the whole fire thing. i get that too and i doen't even have a Fiero yet.

i have a Grand Prix with the 3800 series II supercharged
Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2009 04:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by twofatguys:

I think they are trying to lose some viewership. I'll miss the show, but as I know what they end up doing with 99% of the stuff they have on the show...

Brad

Didn't curiosity already get the better of you when you opened the thread my bet is you will see it before i get too.
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2009 06:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by twofatguys:

Brad

BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they always blow every thing up when their done. Dont they? destruction. I mean testing the structural limits is what being American is all about, right???? off to make/break things at work. later-

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 10-02-2009).]

GS Jon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2009 09:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GS JonClick Here to visit GS Jon's HomePageSend a Private Message to GS JonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 01GPGT:

hmm interesting. hope they don't kill a 88. i also lol'd at the gas guzzler comment

and on the whole fire thing. i get that too and i doen't even have a Fiero yet.

i have a Grand Prix with the 3800 series II supercharged

You need to go away. Annoying little man.

P.S. Welcome to PFF.

[This message has been edited by GS Jon (edited 10-02-2009).]

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2009 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroX:

hey, I just watched a TV show called "Kit- An Autobody Experience" copyright date 2009. so its a newer show.
episode "Faux vs Go"
they pitted a 85 Fiero GT based Lambo Diablo kit against a real '94 Lambo
i say "get at 'em FieroX" show them whats really up! altho, they do admit that you can build a faster non exotic.
Dan

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 12-12-2009).]

Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2009 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerDirect Link to This Post
Another perfect opportunity for the Fiero community to come together. If Mythbusters will "revisit" the "Fiero episode", we can make donations into a PayPal account to send a representative or two to go up against those guys. We'll probably need lots of fire insurance, though.

Jonathan
2farnorth

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2009 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2farnorthSend a Private Message to 2farnorthDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by batousai666:
hey, I just watched a TV show called "Kit- An Autobody Experience" copyright date 2009. so its a newer show.
episode "Faux vs Go"
they pitted a 85 Fiero GT based Lambo Diablo kit against a real '94 Lambo
i say "get at 'em FieroX" show them whats really up! altho, they do admit that you can build a faster non exotic.
Dan

Yeah I saw that too. There were some funny moments... When at the drag strip Lambo goes by with a 12.xx et then crickets, crickets, then the Kit goes by.
On the dyno the Fiero made it 100 HP at the wheels after the owner said he expected 180 - 200 hp..(stock 2.8)
Then they put the all wheel drive Lambo on a 2 wheel dyno... didn't work very well.
Thought the whole show was kind of lame. It was a nice "looking" kit though.
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2009 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post
What I find so odd, is that so many of these Lambo/Ferrari kit builders don't bother changing the engine to a V8 or something. A Diablo with a 4-cylinder??? Even the V6 is lacking.

------------------

World of Wheels Winners
My 3.4L S/C 87 GT
& Super Duty 4 Indy #163

PFF
System Bot
ghost187x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2009 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ghost187xSend a Private Message to ghost187xDirect Link to This Post
really guy?
" Stranded on 280 in a 1984 Ford Fiero. This is why I drive a Prius. " http://twitpic.com/g4rr5

fieroX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2009 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroXSend a Private Message to fieroXDirect Link to This Post
someone get me the contacts to either of the TV shows, and if we could put together a paypal account to help me pay for transportation, i would be glad to take my car to california to show them whats up.
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2009 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
My 2.8 will destroy you ^
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2009 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerDirect Link to This Post
Give 'em what-for!

Jonathan
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2009 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post
ooohhhhh....i feel a race a commin'
if we market this race/challenge correctly, it should be paid for by the network/show.
SuperCar Exposed..... that Tanner dude looks like he may be down for a little network arm twisting.
he seems willing to push his producers into a corner a bit..
or a vegas style, flat out bet....that will involve a liittle startup cash...granted...
or we could make "them" come to us/you...KS is almost the middle anyway...
wheres that "little black book" of contacts..
i'm gonna go surf, for contact info.Later,
Dan
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2009 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post
a question to FieroX.
Sir, what Super Car, in your opinion do you feel would give you a good race (straight or otherwise) but, in the end you stomp the turd outta?
a taunt to a SuperCar is the same as a wink to a blind man... know what i mean?
I have a vision of you, FieroX against the Stig in America. is Top Gear still on?....the Brits love a good wager, Eh??
i love to instigate...
Dan
Darksyde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2009 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DarksydeSend a Private Message to DarksydeDirect Link to This Post
in the commercial for the show they say they are trying to skip the yellow GT across the lake.
wmorse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2009 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wmorseSend a Private Message to wmorseDirect Link to This Post
http://www.youtube.com/prof...ks#p/u/0/2zF_w2vt1yc

The first remote control Fiero? with an interesting bumper.
fieroX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2009 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroXSend a Private Message to fieroXDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by batousai666:

a question to FieroX.
Sir, what Super Car, in your opinion do you feel would give you a good race (straight or otherwise) but, in the end you stomp the turd outta?
a taunt to a SuperCar is the same as a wink to a blind man... know what i mean?
I have a vision of you, FieroX against the Stig in America. is Top Gear still on?....the Brits love a good wager, Eh??
i love to instigate...
Dan

I would race a Bugatti Veyron in the 1/4 mile. I would race a Porsche Carerra GT in the 1/4 mile. My car corners good, but I need to get a few things done before I would attempt to race in the turns. I dont really want to run it in the turns, because I dont have much experience driving autoX or roadcourse, Just 1/4 mile. I would run it longer than 1/4 mile too if possible. Say airstrip run 1/2 mile 1 mile? Airstrip run, say 2004 Lambo Murcielago. He would have a hard time keeping up to 160 mph.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock