Started on: 08-30-2009 05:55 PM
Replies: 26
Last post by: 88White3.4GT on 10-15-2009 02:35 PM
Songman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2009 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
I figured I would add a link over here since some people who might want to attend may not think to look in the topics section.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum7/HTML/000244.html

7th Annual California Coast Run

When: October 9-11, 2009
Where: San Simeon, CA

Hotel Reservations
Courtesy Inn of San Simeon - http://www.courtesyinns.com
9450 Castillo Drive
San Simeon, CA 93452
1-800-555-5773
Ask for Manish and say you are with Fiero group for $99 for the weekend rate.

Event Schedule

Friday, October 9
- Arrive Friday and check into hotel.
- Meet in pool area at 6PM for meet n' greet.
- Dinner at Main Street Grill in Cambria at 7:30PM

Saturday, October 10
- Start lining up cars at 7:45AM.
- Driver's Meeting at 8:15AM
- Depart hotel at 8:30AM
- Lunch at Big Sur River Inn at 11:30AM
- Depart Big Sur River Inn at 1:30PM
- Arrive at Big Sur Jade Festival at 2PM (Live music, food, vendors, demonstrations - a real hippie fest!)
- Depart Big Sur Jade Festival at 4PM (group leaves at 4PM. Leave at your leisure.)
- Arrive at Courtesy Inn at 5PM.
- Costume Party and Catered Dinner in pool area at 7PM.
- Charity raffle at 8PM.
- San Simeon Beach Bar & Grill from 10:00 till whenever...

Sunday, October 11]
- Depart for breakfast in Morro Bay at 10AM.

We added the Big Sur Jade Festival into the lineup this year. This is a great event with lots of graet food, entertainment, and vendors. Because of adding this stop into the Coast Run, our theme this year will be a hippie theme (as you may have noticed by the t-shirt design). Start planning now and get your costume ready for the costume party and catered dinner on Saturday night. A prize will be awarded for the best costume.
We end the day early on Sunday to allow people plenty of time to see the area attractions and still get home safely.

Driving distance to San Simeon from major cities:
San Diego to San Simeon - 360 miles (6 hours)
Los Angeles to San Simeon - 245 miles (4 hours)
San Francisco to San Simeon - 240 miles (4 hours)
Sacramento to San Simeon - 300 miles (5 hours)
Redding to San Simeon - 440 miles (7 hours)
Reno, NV to San Simeon - 440 miles (7 hours)
Las Vegas, NV to San Simeon - 435 miles (7 hours)

We have a great time on this event and have had people come from as far away as Arizona and Colorado. We try to make this an affordable event so people can come have a good time without putting a strain on their bank account. The hotel helps out with a $99 rate for the entire event weekend. Our cartered dinner on Saturday night is all you can eat and is only $25 per person. With those prices we can still afford to put gas in the cars!

More event info is forthcoming on http://www.fiero-performance.com but last year's event info is still there at this point. Go ahead and go check it out and see all the pictures from past events.

Vendors who have donated items so far for the Coast Run Raffle to benefit St Jude Children's Research Hospital.

Updated Vendor List

Any vendors who want to donate and get on this list can contact me at THIS PAGE.
------------------
The 7th Annual California Coast Run
October 9-11, 2009
http://www.fiero-performance.com

[This message has been edited by Songman (edited 09-28-2009).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
currie68

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2009 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for currie68Send a Private Message to currie68Direct Link to This Post
99.00 for the whole weekend
or 99 a night.
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2009 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
$99 for the whole weekend . Get there Friday, leave Sunday. $99, plus tax of course. Uncle Sam has to get his part.

In the past, we have had people from California, Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico, Colorado and Oregon. Hopefully the low hotel price will help some of you that are farther away justify making the trip.
Rie

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2009 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RieClick Here to visit Rie's HomePageSend a Private Message to RieDirect Link to This Post
Who's going....I need to get my water balloons ready to throw off the balcony.
browneyedbri87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2009 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for browneyedbri87Send a Private Message to browneyedbri87Direct Link to This Post
I'll be there!... and I'll be sure to bring my rain slicker ; )... who else is up to the challenge that is Rie AKA my mom (love ya mom) but really who's goin?
D2inDFW

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2009 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for D2inDFWClick Here to visit D2inDFW's HomePageSend a Private Message to D2inDFWDirect Link to This Post
Maybe!
D2inDFW

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2009 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for D2inDFWClick Here to visit D2inDFW's HomePageSend a Private Message to D2inDFWDirect Link to This Post
^
D2inDFW

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2009 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for D2inDFWClick Here to visit D2inDFW's HomePageSend a Private Message to D2inDFWDirect Link to This Post
^^
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2009 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
As an added incentive to go ahead and get registered, I am offering a special gift for every Coast Run participant who registers before the end of the month. We're just over two weeks away so there is no reason to wait any longer.

All the information about the Run, the hotel, and registration is on the website at http://www.fiero-performance.com.

And don't forget that the hotel will not hold any rooms past two weeks prior to the event. The economy is tough everywhere so I understand why they have to make that rule. Most of us know two weeks out whether or not we can go somewhere. Worst case scenario, make your reservation and if you can't go cancel it within 24 hours of the event and you are not charged. Better than wanting to go but not being able to find a room.

Thanks,
Dale
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2009 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Updated Vendor List

Still time to get on the list! Conctact me about your donation!

------------------
October 9-11, 2009

[This message has been edited by Songman (edited 09-28-2009).]

mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2009 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroDirect Link to This Post
Figures. I have been essentially on vacation for the past 3 weeks while I prepare to move to Jackson, WY. I start my new job on the 1st, so asking for 3 or 4 days off the very next week might not be a good idea.

Now....if this was held at the END of the month like it usually is then I probably could have made plans. Oh well......I guess there's always next year.

You guys have fun!
PFF
System Bot
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2009 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Sorry Mike. Just trying to keep it interesting. We felt like the Jade Festival would be something that people would enjoy.

You know, when I first started the Coast Run it was my birthday present to myself and was the 2nd week of November. So even the end of October was a move.

We will miss you.

------------------
October 9-11, 2009

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2009 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Updated Vendor List

I'm excited to add Grant Products to the Vendor List for this year. This is their first year supporting the Coast Run and I hope you will all show them how much we appreciate them.

Still time to get on the list! Contact me about your donation!

------------------
October 9-11, 2009

Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2009 02:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post
I really want to come, but I have to be at Laguna Seca that weekend. Maybe I can figure out somehow how to be 2 places at once..

Maybe Janell and I can come in for the ending part that night. We'll see..

-Max
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2009 03:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post

Austrian Import

3919 posts
Member since Feb 2007
I would also say to merge the events thread with this one, or at least link to it.
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2009 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Hope you can work it out to make it, Max...

Yes, there is another thread in the Events section - https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum7/HTML/000244.html

------------------
October 9-11, 2009

Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2009 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Songman:

Hope you can work it out to make it, Max...

Yes, there is another thread in the Events section - https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum7/HTML/000244.html

Hi, I think the plan will be to do Laguna Seca, then join you guys afterwards in Big Sur, then drive down the coast to the Dinner/party. Then drive back up the same night, so I can be at Laguna Seca at 8-9am.

What I don't know is how to best reconnect with the group.
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2009 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Max, we will be at the Big Sur River Inn some time around 11:30AM on Saturday, We should be there until around 1:00-1:30PM. If you don't get there in time, we have a planned stop at the Big Sur Jade Festival. I figure 45 minutes to an hour there. After that, just come on down to the hotel.

------------------
October 9-11, 2009

Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2009 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Songman:

Max, we will be at the Big Sur River Inn some time around 11:30AM on Saturday, We should be there until around 1:00-1:30PM. If you don't get there in time, we have a planned stop at the Big Sur Jade Festival. I figure 45 minutes to an hour there. After that, just come on down to the hotel.

River Inn will be too early. Jade festival is quite possible..
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2009 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
I think you have my cell number. You can call me to see where we are if you want. Although cell service is almost non-existent on most of the Run
Steven Snyder

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2009 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Steven SnyderClick Here to visit Steven Snyder's HomePageSend a Private Message to Steven SnyderDirect Link to This Post
Looks like I'll be missing it again this year :-(

Clutch slave took a dump and the new one won't be here until next week...

-Steven
PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2009 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post
Any good photos of the weekend?
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2009 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Once I can find where I packed the camera I will have some! haha

I know lots of other people were taking pictures too. Hopefully we will have a lot of good ones posted. It was a great weekend! Perfect weather. Other than the 15 or so miles spent in 2nd gear behind the mini-van, I would say it was darn near perfect!

------------------
October 9-11, 2009

JenzGT2

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2009 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JenzGT2Send a Private Message to JenzGT2Direct Link to This Post
Ok, I'll post my not-so-good pics. Someone else better post some!
Thanks again for a great time, Rick and I had FUN. We never made it to the bar He was out in no time after the raffle. Sorry, we didn't get to say bye to everyone Sunday morning, we needed breakfast and couldn't wait anymore.

First stop

Someone is following us....

Second stop, clean car

GT Tails...

Zebra's were out roaming...

A great day at the coast!

On our way home Sun afternoon, twisty part of 41. Made me car sick. Way worse then the 1.

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2009 01:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
This is a pretty cool shot taken by our Sebring driver this past weekend...

And some from Sniper...
http://imageevent.com/snipe...09californiacoastrun

And a good one from Brastic...

These were in the thread in the Events section. Figured I would put them over here to get them all in one place.

[This message has been edited by Songman (edited 10-14-2009).]

gldkarma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2009 02:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gldkarmaSend a Private Message to gldkarmaDirect Link to This Post
Very cool everybody! Thanks for the pics! Looks like a nice weekend and everyone had a good time w/no problems! Sorry to miss it, but will look forward to seeing some of you Saturday and hearing more about it!

JC
88White3.4GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2009 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88White3.4GTSend a Private Message to 88White3.4GTDirect Link to This Post
Wish i could have gone too! Looks like everyone had fun.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock