The Official I Miss My Old Fiero Thread by Curlrup
Started on: 08-24-2009 08:41 PM
Replies: 9
Last post by: Fiero84Freak on 08-25-2009 08:20 AM
Curlrup

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2009 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CurlrupSend a Private Message to CurlrupDirect Link to This Post
Post your past machines here that you miss.

I have been FIero-less for 6 months now. I had to sell my baby before moving from OKlahoma to Maryland because she would never had passed emissions and I planned on driving her everyday. Still looking for a replacement that is cheap needs some work but not too much. Here she is..she is somewhere in Tulsa.

86 Iron Duke, Custom Paint, Vibe Radio upgrade, Brought her back from the brink.

Edit sorry I didn't know my Photobucket maxed out on bandwidth.

[This message has been edited by Curlrup (edited 08-24-2009).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
LT188GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2009 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTDirect Link to This Post
Nice looking car?
Curlrup

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2009 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CurlrupSend a Private Message to CurlrupDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LT188GT:

Nice looking car?

Sorry my Photobucket maxed out fixed now.
Fiero84Freak

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2009 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakDirect Link to This Post
My first Fiero I miss very much.

You have to understand the story behind it though. When I first got into Fieros, I knew for sure I wanted an '84 (despite all the stuff I read and heard about them, I was convinced I'd get one). I wanted to find one with the least amount of options possible that I could find, no sunroof (because I liked solid roofs), and an automatic preferably. It also had to be white with black bumper pads. I literally searched for an entire year over and over. I finally found the one I wanted in June 2001. The sad thing? This car when I found it was literally less than a five minute drive from where I lived. It was in an area I didn't frequently drive to and it happened to be sitting in the back of a used car lot. Obviously I knew it hadn't been driven for a while, but it fit all my criteria nearly perfect. It was an '84, automatic, had no sunroof, white bumper pad car, small 13" wheels with the hub caps (which I understand are becoming rare) and the only options were radio, tilt, and trunk popper, and it had only 92k miles on it. Needless to say I went and got money and bought it. A while later I got it road worthy, drove it a while, and then it kicked the bucket.

I will own another notchback bumper pad car, preferably white again. I do like my Formula just fine, but the little bumper pad cars are still my all time favs.
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2009 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero84Freak:

My first Fiero I miss very much.

You have to understand the story behind it though. When I first got into Fieros, I knew for sure I wanted an '84 (despite all the stuff I read and heard about them, I was convinced I'd get one). I wanted to find one with the least amount of options possible that I could find, no sunroof (because I liked solid roofs), and an automatic preferably. It also had to be white with black bumper pads. I literally searched for an entire year over and over. I finally found the one I wanted in June 2001. The sad thing? This car when I found it was literally less than a five minute drive from where I lived. It was in an area I didn't frequently drive to and it happened to be sitting in the back of a used car lot. Obviously I knew it hadn't been driven for a while, but it fit all my criteria nearly perfect. It was an '84, automatic, had no sunroof, white bumper pad car, small 13" wheels with the hub caps (which I understand are becoming rare) and the only options were radio, tilt, and trunk popper, and it had only 92k miles on it. Needless to say I went and got money and bought it. A while later I got it road worthy, drove it a while, and then it kicked the bucket.

I will own another notchback bumper pad car, preferably white again. I do like my Formula just fine, but the little bumper pad cars are still my all time favs.

It kicked the bucket? What happened, did the engine die or did the rust eat it up?

[This message has been edited by mattwa (edited 08-24-2009).]

Iron_Mark_2003

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2009 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Iron_Mark_2003Send a Private Message to Iron_Mark_2003Direct Link to This Post
I'd rather not post pictures of my first fiero because someone on here actually bought it. I don't want to be claiming a machine that is no longer mine. I have a new one (new to me) to be passionate about though.
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2009 03:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, I'm missing mine. My first Fiero was a black '87 SE, 5-speed, Sunroof, AC, tilt, remote trunk, power windows, awesome aftermarket wheels. My son wrecked it. Totaled. Ran it into a tree. Even though the driver's side was crushed, the safety bar in the door didn't have a mark on it. Tough little car. I was on the passenger side. We both walked away with minor cuts from broken glass.

It would still start and run and I drove it home like that the next day after dark. I parked it in my garage and it's been there ever since. I bought a Yamaha Vmax motorcycle shortly after that and it has kept me entertained and satisfied. Now I want another Fiero. I still like the notchies. This time it will be a Formula. I'm currently watching eBay and Pennock's Mall. I'm ready to buy when my next baby shows up on my computer screen.

Jonathan
CaliforniaSpeeder9

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2009 05:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CaliforniaSpeeder9Click Here to visit CaliforniaSpeeder9's HomePageSend a Private Message to CaliforniaSpeeder9Direct Link to This Post
88GT "Abby" Sold March 2008

86GT "Rachel" Sold July 2006

I miss Rachel so much sometimes it makes me sick to my stomach

------------------

[This message has been edited by CaliforniaSpeeder9 (edited 08-25-2009).]

ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2009 07:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariDirect Link to This Post
The original ltlfrari:

3.4 DOHC, 5 speed isuzu stick. One sweet ride.

Wrecked, May 6th 2007 (fell asleep and rolled her).

------------------
Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

Fiero84Freak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2009 08:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mattwa:

It kicked the bucket? What happened, did the engine die or did the rust eat it up?

Car was from the south so zero rust. The engine just finally gave out.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock