Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Entered my '88 Formula into a small car show today.

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Entered my '88 Formula into a small car show today. by Fiero84Freak
Started on: 08-14-2009 11:43 PM
Replies: 6
Last post by: Fiero84Freak on 08-21-2009 02:46 PM
Fiero84Freak

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2009 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakDirect Link to This Post
We have this local car show here in Little Rock, AR called 'Cruisin In The Rock'. It's basically just a bring out your pride and show it off. It's free to all participants and everyone wanting to look. It's not for any trophies or anything like that, although they do give away some door prizes that are drawn at random. I attend this show pretty frequently as a spectator as it happens once a month. There's always a good deal of awesome cars that come out and attend. I figured just for fun I'd bring my Formula around and show it off. Now mind you that I'm driving a 155k mile car with a beat up original GM paintjob. Yeah. I'll probably get laughed at

These pics were actually taken last before I left so it was getting pretty dark. I was next to a nice '72 Volvo and a Buick Reatta. I was the only Fiero there and one of only three vehicles which had a midship engine (the others were a Ford GT and a trunk with a Chevy in the back). The little poster on my trunk is a Popular Hot Rodding article a member here posted a while back along with some data on the '88 Formula.

I actually got a good deal of people to come up and look. Most were shocked "to see one that was still running" and "not burned to the ground". I didn't attract a whole lot of attention because a Viper GTS was in front of me and got most of the looks but some of the older crowd came by and looked and most every feedback I received was very positive, mostly because most people couldn't believe how good the car still looked (I guess people are used to seeing beat up Fieros...). Most were questions about options the cars came with and good points to look out for when buying one. Most of the ladies that looked at it were happy to see it was an automatic. I guess that meant all in all that there are some people out there that still have interest in them. Luckily everything on my Formula still works for the most part so I was able to show things like correct operations of headlights and such and other unique options such as sunroof storage. Also explained little things like checking the rear trunk for rust (which my Formula thankfully doesn't have) and the underbody coolant pipes to name a few.

I also met the owner of a Zimmerman Quicksilver Fiero that I saw a few years back. He invited me to come and drive it and I've invited him to join the forum. I really can't wait to drive it. It's the one and only Zimmer Fiero I've ever seen. He says that he's willing to sell it and if when he joins the forum he can probably give you more information.

I won't post all the other pics I took but I've created an album on my Facebook and here is the public address (you don't have to have a Facebook account) so you can check out most of the photos I took if you're interested

http://www.facebook.com/alb...0504424&l=6a0f263b68

All in all it was quite enjoyable but I probably won't show the car off again until I'm able to afford a decent paint job and can show it off proudly.

------------------

1988 Fiero Formula - Mostly stock. Poly all around. Weee....

[This message has been edited by Fiero84Freak (edited 08-14-2009).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2009 12:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeDirect Link to This Post
Fantastic!
Thanks for doing what we need a LOT more of...get out there and REPRESENT!
As you now know, the comments from people at the cars shows is overwhelmingly positive and we get an opportunity to educate folks a little.
ShockWave

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2009 01:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ShockWaveSend a Private Message to ShockWaveDirect Link to This Post
I take my Formula to the local cruise nights on Monday nights in Winthrop Harbor, and Friday nights in Gurnee.

So far this year only two other Fieros have shown up, both times in Gurnee; an 84 with a 355 V8 swap has shown up a few times (for sale $16k), and yesterday a black 86 GT (someone on the forum had it at one point I think).

------------------

| Fiero Blog | CarDomain Page | Member: NIFE, Mis-Shifts |
| Photography | Like RollerCoasters? |

"There's Nothing Worse than a Smartass Automobile" -- KITT

[This message has been edited by ShockWave (edited 08-15-2009).]

Fiero84Freak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2009 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakDirect Link to This Post
Yeah it was a lot of fun. I did try to educate the best I could, but when it comes to the Fiero as most of you know you can ramble on and on and on about it, so I tried to keep facts short. As my Formula is far from a show car, I invited people that were really looking to sit in it and check out whatever they want. Most were just shocked to see how low it sits. That Volvo that was next to me had a roof line that was still about a good four to five inches above mine - and that's with me running 215/70/R15s in the rear so my Formula is raised slightly. See I think even if I did have a really clean Fiero with a good paint job I would still do things like allow people to check out whatever they want. My motto is if it's good enough for me to touch and sit in, then it should be for whomever.

[This message has been edited by Fiero84Freak (edited 08-15-2009).]

Kitskaboodle

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2009 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleDirect Link to This Post
I laughed when you said you were next to a Reatta.
I just attended a free car show in Mtn. View and I brought my Reatta.
Next week I'll be bringing my Fiero.....

Strangely enough, I get very few comments on my Fiero's. (85 GT & 86 GT)
Seems that most of the car crowd here in California ooh's and aah's over
the 60-70's muscle cars.

Kit
Fiero84Freak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2009 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kitskaboodle:

Strangely enough, I get very few comments on my Fiero's. (85 GT & 86 GT)
Seems that most of the car crowd here in California ooh's and aah's over
the 60-70's muscle cars.

Kit

That's how it was here. As you can see by the pics I took it was mainly classic muscle and hot rods, along with a whole lot of Mustangs and Vettes. If anything I was really out of place. Strangly enough only one Japanese import came and that was a 240sx convertable. Everything else was pretty much classic American or European.

I hope one day when I'm able to secure extra funding I can either get the Formula back up to good shape or get another Fiero to do what I want with.
Fiero84Freak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2009 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakDirect Link to This Post
I feel so special. My car was recognized on the Arkansas Pontiac Association's webpage.... along with the multitude of all the other cars there But hey, it's better than nothing.

http://www.arkansaspontiacs...AugustCITR/index.htm

Scroll down and you'll see my Formula on the left column.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock