Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Has anyone chromed their mirrors and or door moulding?

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Has anyone chromed their mirrors and or door moulding? by Australian
Started on: 08-13-2009 05:17 AM
Replies: 14
Last post by: Australian on 08-15-2009 04:18 AM
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2009 05:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
Has anyone chromed their mirrors and or door moulding? I am not so fussed on mirrors but i would like to see if anyone has painted their black trim chrome? I got the idea looking at the chrome inserts in the trim of my daily driver an old bmw with chrome bumpers chrome trim and chrome mirrors but today saw a 1995 Toyota Corolla colour coded bumpers but with the trim chromed and apart from his silly other mods (the grill looked terrible) but the moulding made it look classy side on and thought wonder if anyone else chromed their plastic? I think it might look good.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Eclipse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2009 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for EclipseSend a Private Message to EclipseDirect Link to This Post
I like the sound of this....

------------------
Jay Brintnell
Southern Ontario Fiero Association and the Ontario Pontiac Club

Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival. - W. Edwards Deming

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2009 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Australian:

Has anyone chromed their mirrors and or door moulding? I am not so fussed on mirrors but i would like to see if anyone has painted their black trim chrome?

IMO I'd avoid the chrome look for it will over-kill the rest of the car, especially chrome trimmings. IMO it would be best to have it custom painted and/or going a different method like Sppdy's--- the Carbon fiber treatment. Otherwise, the only other car that I know of that has a chrome mirror is a car called, The Spiker (or something alone those lines), but the mirrors are somewhat a work of art--- the Fiero mirrors aren't.

Carbon fiber trim!

Carbon fiber decklid vents!

and the carbon treated mirrors

------------------

"I drive modified Fieros- anything less would be uncivilized."

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-13-2009).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2009 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
As you can see, the Spyker has a unique mirrors, but the style matches the car.

Rufus88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2009 03:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rufus88Send a Private Message to Rufus88Direct Link to This Post
The closest I've found is Fie Ro's Fiero GTR project. Looks like he polished them, he probably mentioned it in the build thread but I'm too lazy to read right now.

His build thread if anyone is interested, I really enjoyed it

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/038785.html

Rufus

[This message has been edited by Rufus88 (edited 08-14-2009).]

Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2009 04:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
Looking at the carbon fibre Madcurl i must say it is done very well i assume it is printed on but still keen to see chrome even silver to get an idea perhaps some photoshop guys could quickly dr up something as i said i was surprised when i saw the Toyota Corolla looking rather flash and it didn't look poxy.
project34

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2009 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Australian:
...still keen to see chrome even silver to get an idea perhaps some photoshop guys could quickly dr up something....

I suggest asking asking PFF member, 85SEnochie in his thread, "Photo Chop Shop is open lets give it a shot!" ( //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/068738.html ), if he'll help you out.

I've found him quite helpful in photo shopping things so I can better imagine what they'd look like before actually doing them. For example, you can see how on page 7 of the thread I mentioned above, that he photo shopped for me a chopped-top red `86 Fiero GT, first doing the chop itself, and then removing its sunroof. (I asked for that because my red `86 GT has no sunroof, and I will not be adding one to it.)

I don't know if you'd be sold on the mirror and trim "chroming" or "silvering" you'd mentioned, but I think I'm sold on chopping the roof of my red `86 GT.

My guess is that photo shopping a chrome finish would be more difficult than silver, but 85SEnochie likely would know better than I if that is in fact the case.
SAFASTRO

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2009 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SAFASTROClick Here to visit SAFASTRO's HomePageSend a Private Message to SAFASTRODirect Link to This Post
How's this?

------------------
Order Pennock's Forum decals in this thread. //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/040445.html
Other decal, poster, banner, floor graphic needs, go here: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/045657.html

2" Choptop
Shortened Front Bumper
Shortened Rear Bumper
10" Stretch
Dubs
350 V8 Conversion pushing 350 ponies!!

kevin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2009 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

As you can see, the Spyker has a unique mirrors, but the style matches the car.

Hey madcurl, or anyone else who may be interested,

I actually drove a Spyker before No lie, I'm not kidding, drove it in the hills of Monterey on the twisties . WOW what a ride !!! Ask me a question on the car, if you want to know....

Cordially,
Kevin

Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2009 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post
I have been thinking about this as well
it seems chrome is showing up again on cars
Iron_Mark_2003

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2009 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Iron_Mark_2003Send a Private Message to Iron_Mark_2003Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by SAFASTRO:

How's this?

Ouch! Great looking car! Not diggin the chrome look though. To each his own though. I'm one of many endless observers with opinions.

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2009 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kevin:

Hey madcurl, or anyone else who may be interested. Ask me a question on the car, if you want to know....

Cordially,
Kevin

Did you like the mirrors?

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-14-2009).]

kevin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2009 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinDirect Link to This Post
Mirrors? I know this was the original questions, and I do not want to hyjack the thread to wax poetic on my Spyker drive. But, I did not notice anything special nor exemplary on the mirrors on the Spyker. I seem to remember them as the same as the body color of the car. But again, the world was going by so fast, I hardly remember the LARGE growth in my pants

Cordially,
Kevin
Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2009 04:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Iron_Mark_2003:

Ouch! Great looking car! Not diggin the chrome look though. To each his own though. I'm one of many endless observers with opinions.

Well my car looks a little different as the moulding is cut i am not 100% sold but i know it is 100% reversable i am looking for some smooth trim if anyone has any for sale. my car latest pic
my build thread to date //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/067740.html will update thread with some more pics after this weekend.
Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2009 04:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post

Australian

4701 posts
Member since Sep 2004

Originally posted by SAFASTRO:

How's this?

With chrome wheels it wouldn't look wrong just is a bit wide but the effect could be thinned out with with either black or body color.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock