Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Hey Everybody! Look at my new toy! New member is now a bonafide Fiero ADDICT!!!

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Hey Everybody! Look at my new toy! New member is now a bonafide Fiero ADDICT!!! by Fierfly
Started on: 07-22-2009 11:35 PM
Replies: 25
Last post by: americasfuture2k on 07-26-2009 05:18 AM
Fierfly

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2009 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierflySend a Private Message to FierflyDirect Link to This Post
Ok folks, I joined the forum just days ago, in sweet anticipation of what has turned out to be fine fine day.
All the "ifs" evaluated true, and I am now the OWNER of the sweetest animate object I could ever want. No rust, runs good, bright and shiny, oh i could go on and on, or I could just show you some pictures! Wanna see????

Looks like I will be arriving at my first Fiero meet in style. How do you abbreviate "sh*t eating grin" for a vanity plate?

Fierfly, New member/new owner

Here she sits as still owned by Brian:

CowsPatoot says, "Rain? What rain? it's just fat wind.":

My Fierfly in motion:

Oh yeah, That other yellow car is Savet's Lotus, if anyone cares.:

Finally, at home in Wilkes. Well, not my home. CowsPatoot is the official caretaker of this vehicle, so she will mostly live here. I am just 4 miles away anyway.:

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
pavo_roddy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2009 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyDirect Link to This Post
HI all

She's a beaut! Exxxxxxcellent score too!! And welcome to the last of your days as a sane man, ....

------------------
Me, I sell engines, the cars are for free, I need something to crate the engines in....
Enzo Ferrari....

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines....
Enzo Ferrari...

Today they are called garage's, yesterday, they were stable's! Eric Jacobsen....

CowsPatoot

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2009 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootDirect Link to This Post
Nobody has ever accused her of being sane.

It was an uneventful (the best kind) trip back to North Carolina. This car is VERY solid, with just a couple small bugs to work out. Most of them will be resolved tomorrow.
ShaddowGt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2009 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShaddowGtSend a Private Message to ShaddowGtDirect Link to This Post
Congratulations! Welcome to the crazy house, hope you enjoy your stay. The folks on here are some of the most helpful, informative, and friendly people around.

Very nice ride, I've always liked the yellow ones
BMTFIERO

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2009 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BMTFIEROSend a Private Message to BMTFIERODirect Link to This Post
Welcome!!!!
Savet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2009 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SavetSend a Private Message to SavetDirect Link to This Post
Very sweet little car....but as Cow pointed out, it has a few problems:

1. The interior is too spacious
2. It rides too quiet
3. It's too easy to get in and out of
4. It's too comfortable!
5. There's too much trunk space

In all seriousness though, once she gets some Yokohama AD08's on that beast it's going to be FUUUUUN in the curves.
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2009 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
Very Nice! But, I don't think you're officially an addict until #2 arrives.

Ron
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2009 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

Very Nice! But, I don't think you're officially an addict until #2 arrives.

Ron

LOL! just like M&M's can't have just one the trick is trying to stop after 2 Etc...............................

Nice car and welcome. NC? not that far, you should try to come to the run for the hills at Deals Gap.
D.

CowsPatoot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2009 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootDirect Link to This Post
I haven't suggested RFTH to her yet....but I planned to. Wanna get her hooked? Tell her where it will be this year....

Edit to add: Oops, you DID tell her where. Just want to make sure she translates Deals Gap as Tail of the Dragon.

[This message has been edited by CowsPatoot (edited 07-23-2009).]

CogFieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2009 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CogFieroGTSend a Private Message to CogFieroGTDirect Link to This Post
that 1st picture looks similar to my driveway. well, in the since that there is a fiero and a matrix in it

enjoy the addiction
kevin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2009 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinDirect Link to This Post
NICE SCORE

Now you will soon find how difficult it is to stop an addiction like cocain. Those addicts go through hell as they try to kick this particular habit. Some have tried, some have failed. Regarding the Fiero: My guess you will fail to be cured. You will never drive a plebian vehicle again! Keep us posted on its new life in your capable hands.

Cordially,
Kevin
PFF
System Bot
fiero67

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 107
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2009 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero67Send a Private Message to fiero67Direct Link to This Post
welcome to the madness! I'm still wondering if that is good thing or a bad thing. But your not an addict until you post some questions and have more than one fiero ....LOL... and you proudly stand up in from of your peers and repeat the following..

Hi, my name is (insert name here), I am a fiero addict!
sweet ride, any thing special you may be doing to it, besides planting a smile from ear to ear?
John
kyunderdawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2009 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kyunderdawgSend a Private Message to kyunderdawgDirect Link to This Post
Lotus did you say? There was a Lotus in the pic? Bah....Lotus. Nice lookin' car by the way.

pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2009 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
Very clean dude. Any plans for it?
aaronkoch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2009 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aaronkochSend a Private Message to aaronkochDirect Link to This Post
That's funny, I never thought of a Lotus as a "big" car before I saw that picture.. I have way more room in a fiero than a Lotus, too.
CowsPatoot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2009 01:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootDirect Link to This Post
It is an optical illusion. The lotus is about the same height and wheelbase as the Fiero, with smaller overhangs. It also appears much narrower, but it flares out at the wheels so the overall width is actually pretty close.

We got the lights fixed today (had a broken headlight motor, and got rid of those "customized" taillights)....along with plugs, wires, rotor and cap. Tomorrow is tearing apart the steering column to fix the loose bolts, fixing the AC, and dropping a new gauge cluster in to see if that fixes the intermittent gauges. Then we fix a bent clutch pedal, put the interior back to stock, and call it good until something breaks, at which point it will be considered a forced upgrade.

Thanx for taking a pic of my plumber's crack, Sharon...

The MaD cOw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2009 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The MaD cOwSend a Private Message to The MaD cOwDirect Link to This Post
yellow? ....who paints a car yellow? j/k Nice looking car! Congrats

------------------

Eclipse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2009 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EclipseSend a Private Message to EclipseDirect Link to This Post
Hey wait a minute.... That's my car!!! lol......

------------------
Jay Brintnell
Southern Ontario Fiero Association and the Ontario Pontiac Club

Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival. - W. Edwards Deming

americasfuture2k

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2009 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
ooo very nice man and welcome to the addiction! im on my 2nd fiero now. but i want to own more than one at a time! haha you are now a family member too now. welcome home bro

------------------
First LX9 Fiero GT, 1987 | My Fiero Fuel Economy | MPG Display for OBD I
Youtube Videos of My GT | 87 GT Inside Test Run | 3500 Fiero GT Test Run 01
3500 Fiero GT Test Run 02 | 3500 Fiero GT Test Run 03 | 3500 Fiero GT Test Run 04
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem
Fiero's are people too. We pay just as much attention to them, if not more than our loved ones
screw paying those bastards. im not going to become rich by paying for things.....

kooljess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2009 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kooljessSend a Private Message to kooljessDirect Link to This Post
Now the insanity begins......welcome to the club.....

------------------

http://members.cardomain.com/koolflip

Fierfly

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2009 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierflySend a Private Message to FierflyDirect Link to This Post
Ahem....

Fellas. Please note that I am a GIRL.

Not all car guys are GUYS.

--Firefly

P.S. I lost my sanity long, long ago, so that's not really at stake here.
PFF
System Bot
Savet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2009 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SavetSend a Private Message to SavetDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierfly:

Ahem....

Fellas. Please note that I am a GIRL.

Not all car guys are GUYS.

--Firefly

P.S. I lost my sanity long, long ago, so that's not really at stake here.

I believe I'm going to continue to refer to Firefly as "he, him, his, etc" as there's a certain manliness that comes with cars, and he really doesn't have a choice if he wants to join the club.
Savet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2009 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SavetSend a Private Message to SavetDirect Link to This Post

Savet

17 posts
Member since Apr 2009

Originally posted by CowsPatoot:

It is an optical illusion. The lotus is about the same height and wheelbase as the Fiero, with smaller overhangs. It also appears much narrower, but it flares out at the wheels so the overall width is actually pretty close.

We got the lights fixed today (had a broken headlight motor, and got rid of those "customized" taillights)....along with plugs, wires, rotor and cap. Tomorrow is tearing apart the steering column to fix the loose bolts, fixing the AC, and dropping a new gauge cluster in to see if that fixes the intermittent gauges. Then we fix a bent clutch pedal, put the interior back to stock, and call it good until something breaks, at which point it will be considered a forced upgrade.

Greg is correct, it's an optical illusion....as you can see in these pictures

And one of the Dingo riding in the Elise:

Fierfly

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2009 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierflySend a Private Message to FierflyDirect Link to This Post
Savet....

I must point out that you got the plates wrong, they should read more like....

PAID4 and PAYIN4IT

or

ALLHERS and BANKOWND

or

SOLID and FRAGILE

shall I continue????

-Fierfly
Savet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2009 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SavetSend a Private Message to SavetDirect Link to This Post
I prefer the following:

RQYRSWRK and ZOOMSNOW

:P
americasfuture2k

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2009 05:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
ha, those are good.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock