Started on: 07-13-2009 08:48 PM
Replies: 5
Last post by: ohioindy on 07-14-2009 11:48 AM
Doni Hagan

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2009 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganDirect Link to This Post
A co-worker gave this to me today. He said his father (who worked at the Brickyard for 25 years in the maintenance department) had this in his Indy 500 collection. He said it was given only to VIPs, the press, pit crews and the like. I've never seen one before.

Is it for real? I don't have an Indy but it's still a cool piece. It's a metal badge a little larger than a quarter with "4000 / Indy Fiero / 1984 Indianapolis 500 Mile Race" embossed on it.

Sorry about the pic quality. It's so small, that's the best I could get.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2009 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Doni Hagan:

A co-worker gave this to me today. He said his father (who worked at the Brickyard for 25 years in the maintenance department) had this in his Indy 500 collection. He said it was given only to VIPs, the press, pit crews and the like. I've never seen one before.

Is it for real? I don't have an Indy but it's still a cool piece. It's a metal badge a little larger than a quarter with "4000 / Indy Fiero / 1984 Indianapolis 500 Mile Race" embossed on it.

Sorry about the pic quality. It's so small, that's the best I could get.

Yep.
It's real from what I can see.
I had one myself when I crewed that year and it was pinned to my credentials.
I don't know what happened to it over the years, but sure wish I had it now.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 07-13-2009).]

CenTexIndy

Feedback score:    (32)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2009 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CenTexIndySend a Private Message to CenTexIndyDirect Link to This Post
Yes - it's for real. It was a pass that was used. There are different colors that signify the different type of pass.

Congrats on a very nice gift.
GTMN

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2009 12:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GTMNSend a Private Message to GTMNDirect Link to This Post
Very nice gift. What you have received is a Silver Indy 500 Pit Badge. The number at the top is just a numeric count and doesn't mean anything other than the order they were issued in. They were issued to VIPs, drivers,pit crew members,sponsors, police, emergency crews, car owners, prize providers, judges, ticket sellers, media people and members of the press, messengers, captains, and maintanance people. They allowed the holder to gain access to the pits and garage areas every day of the 500 festivities (including race day with a backup card that was issued on race day morning to silver badge holders).
There are also bronze pit badges which have a letter and 1-3 numbers at the top. They were available for purchase by the general public and allowed the same entrance except not on race day.
Hope this helps you with what you have.

[This message has been edited by GTMN (edited 07-14-2009).]

Doni Hagan

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2009 06:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganDirect Link to This Post
Great info, guys. Thanks a lot. This one's silver or pewter in color and was in a sealed bag. I took it out to take the pic. I don't know whether to keep it or sell it. Like I said, I don't have an "Indy" and maybe one of the guys that does might want it for their collection.

I've got to think about this one. Thanks again.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Doni Hagan (edited 07-14-2009).]

ohioindy

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2009 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ohioindyClick Here to visit ohioindy's HomePageSend a Private Message to ohioindyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Doni Hagan:

Great info, guys. Thanks a lot. This one's silver or pewter in color and was in a sealed bag. I took it out to take the pic. I don't know whether to keep it or sell it. Like I said, I don't have an "Indy" and maybe one of the guys that does might want it for their collection.

I've got to think about this one. Thanks again.

------------------
Factory Stock
The way God intended it to be.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock