Started on: 07-13-2009 06:06 PM
Replies: 16
Last post by: weaselbeak on 07-14-2009 01:23 AM
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2009 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
Let me start by saying I'm 17 and 5 days ago I blew up my 2.8 in my fiero. Ok not a problem I will do an engine swap. Fast forward to today. I go and start working on my car and need to get it off the cradle dolly on jack stands. This is where things get tricky. My garage is crack shack. I honestly thing the only thing holding it up the power lines going into it. The foundation is crumbling ad has 1 inch cracks all through out it. I don't own a floor jack so I went a bought one from harbor freight. I get the car in the air and get a jack stand in. I go to the other side and when I get the jack stand where I want it my new floor jack snaps in half. I am under the car thinking oh sh** I'm going to die! The stand catches it and I can feel my warm liquid coming from my head. I remain calm and stay under the car until I get my bearings back. I get up and look at the jack and it completely snapped. 3 ton jack my ass. I inspect the back of my head and there was not any blood. I then realized a cup of coffee that was on the roof of my fiero spilt all over me and I thought it was blood. Lol. Anyways about the jack. I am going to take it back and get a new one. Or should I try to presue further legal actions? It could of very easily killed me right then and there. Only injury I have is where a piece of the jack shot off and stabbed my in the leg. I need to get stitches but don't have a ride so I butterfly stiched my self back together. So now I'm out 75 bucks on a jack. Have a hole in my leg and my fiero is not done!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post07-13-2009 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
Much like the rest of America, I highly reccomend that you sue? ............Not really. Just exchange it. Shat happens, and the scars are like memories. You will always have them.
Ratfink

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2009 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RatfinkSend a Private Message to RatfinkDirect Link to This Post
I'm beginning to notice a pattern here!!!
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2009 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
I not much for sueing people. I got a 4 inch hole in my leg and no insurance and I can't pay for this crap. My budie who is a emt is coming over and where going to clean it up. I was looking at the jack and the metal looks weird. Like it is fatigue (sp)
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2009 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Well, I'd sue! However, I think you screwed up by stitching the wound yourself. You may need a tenuous shot and it could get infected. If you turn into a giant bug from outer space… party is over.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 07-13-2009).]

87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2009 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
Ahh its not the leg thing to bothers me. It the jack snapping that does. Its a harbor freight aluminum racing jack. Its really not a big deal. I just re grouped my thoughts, fixed my leg and got my starter in . Now I have a new goal. Return my jack in my fiero. My friend dan just gave me some pointers and I just talked to a doctor. He said as long as it was clean and I doctored it up every day I should be fine. I had a tetnis shot 3 months ago btw
ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2009 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariDirect Link to This Post
A bit late maybe but I always stuff my wheels under the car with a couple of 4x4s on top so that if anything goes wrong there's something there to catch it other than my body.

------------------
Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2009 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
I had the wheels under the car also. It still would have not been pretty if it was just wheels with no jack stands.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2009 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Times 3 for protection.

BlackThunderGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2009 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTDirect Link to This Post
I always use 4 jack stands and an extra jack - if tires off car slide them under sides - why so careful you may ask years ago my 1970 Chevelle SS fell off a jack and broke the concrete blocks I had supporting it "never use concrete blocks" anyway car was on my chest and if my brother had not been home for lunch I may not being tell you this story now...ok fast forward a few years one of my wife's friends husband was working on his car slipped off the jack "killed him" left her with 3 children to raise n her own...so I always take my time and add extra stands from the side before puting one part of my body under the car...oh and I always buy good jack too
FieroFiend

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2009 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFiendSend a Private Message to FieroFiendDirect Link to This Post
Never get under a car thats solely supported by a jack, you always jack it up place the jack stands then let it down onto the jack stands and even then its always a good idea to have oh **** blocks/wheels under the car. But you should NEVER be under a car supported by a jack alone.
PFF
System Bot
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2009 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
I had the stands under the car. I just got my cradle back in and had to raise the car to get under it. So I used my new floor jack and raised it up. I went to adjust the stands and that's when the jack snapped. I wasn't under it working I just reached under it. When it did pop It hit my head and had the "I'm dead" thought pop into my head. But I had the tires and jack stands under the car.
josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2009 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
I have 12"X12" wooden blocks I also place under the car under the 4 corners as well as jack stands. Real CHEAP insurance as the 12 X 12's were free.
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2009 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
Go and get the wound looked at. Having a medical of the incident can only help. That and if it gets infected and you lose a leg we will have to build special controls for you!!! Next, it’s your choice...If you think it is cheap **** then rightly you should sue. Not to garner money mind you but to ensure it doesn't happen to others. First, do not return that jack! Meturlagists at a local university or Reynolds metals can easily study it to ensure some company isn't selling a pot metal product as 3 ton capable. Second, the company could say...what jack? We have no record of that. Insist that the company replace it but only after you have it tested. Get letters from the med facility stating the injury and its origin. Cover any logical argument point you can think of and then cover any other point from 10 of your friends. Talk to an accident lawyer about taking it on probono...he doesn’t' get paid unless you do. You will be able to buy a Fiero with the proceeds that needs no work or have one built by Archie himself with all the bells and whistles you want!
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2009 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
I would get stitches but I have no insurance. And I looked at the jack a little closer. The rivet that connects the hydraulic ram to the lifting arm gave way. The lifting arm got binded with the base and shot a bracket that supports the end of the ram at me. I will post pics when I get to a computer. as nice as a archie chop sounds I can't see my self in one. I'm 6 foot 5 at 245lbs. Lol
greasemonke50613

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
User Banned

Report this Post07-14-2009 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for greasemonke50613Send a Private Message to greasemonke50613Direct Link to This Post
quit justifying the jack, you were sold junk that you expect to be a safety device and a lift to what could have been a million dollar vehicle for all the manufacturer knows. at the least i'd ream them a new ass hole
weaselbeak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2009 01:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for weaselbeakSend a Private Message to weaselbeakDirect Link to This Post
" Chit hppens" because it was made in China. Nuff said.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock