Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  The Heartland Fiero's 6th Annual Show in Iowa is coming soon! Don't miss out! (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
The Heartland Fiero's 6th Annual Show in Iowa is coming soon! Don't miss out! by Darth Fiero
Started on: 07-03-2009 01:26 AM
Replies: 80
Last post by: mcaanda on 08-29-2009 07:40 PM
Darth Fiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 361
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2009 01:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroDirect Link to This Post
In case you have never been to "Fred's Show", here's some info...

The show itself is held on a street/parking lot in the middle of the Village of East Davenport; giving it the setting of "small town America"...

But this event is NOT only about showing your car and trying to win an award. The show gets wrapped up at about 3:30pm so we can prepare for the all-important BBQ at Fred's place...

Food, fun, and Fiero conversation in a relaxed atmosphere is what the BBQ/cookout is all about. It's a time to relax and enjoy some company and light conversation with the occasional brain teaser Fiero trivia Fred likes to throw in. Last year Fred got out the Model T and was giving rides. Who knows what he has in store for this year's event. I plan on donating a cordless LED shop light and a scan tool for door prizes.

The show gets started on Saturday August 15th in the Village of East Davenport. We will have 11th Street blocked off between Christie and Mound Streets for the show. Registration is between 9am and 12noon. Cost to register for the show is $15.00. Awards will be given at 3:30pm. There is plenty to do in the Village of East Davenport during the show if you don't want to sit around your car all day. There are many small "mom and pops" shops both on the car show street and on nearby streets. There is also a large park area; so there is something to do for the whole family.

After the show gets wrapped up, we will head back to Fred's house (across town) and prepare for the cookout which starts at 6pm. It costs $5.00 if you wish to eat at Fred's cookout and there will be plenty of food available, from burgers to hot dogs, to chicken and more plus all of the usual sides. Bring your Fiero and park it in Fred's vast yard for a sort of "after show cruise-in". Once darkness falls, we will have some "entertainment" to cap off the evening. Hope to see you there!

More event info here: http://heartlandfieros.com/events.htm
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
KEV

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2009 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVDirect Link to This Post
I will be there! I plan to have my new engine swap done for this show!

------------------

1999 GMC Jimmy 2dr 4x4
1987 Fiero Coupe
1986 Fiero Base Coupe..Steel Wheels Baby!
1985 Fiero GT 3800 N/A (3800 S/C sitting on stand)
1984 Fiero Indy #1098 w/ centerline "Q" Wheels

fierohoho

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2009 08:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierohohoSend a Private Message to fierohohoDirect Link to This Post
I will be there with my sister in-law coming also, leaving Friday morning.

Steve
silver 85 sc

Feedback score:    (40)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2009 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scDirect Link to This Post
I will be there. My youngest son has an important job to perform. Hope Fred is ready. I will be attending with the family two cars for sure would love to have all four attend. Need to get my daughter and her fiance to commit.

Rich
88lambofiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2009 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lambofieroSend a Private Message to 88lambofieroDirect Link to This Post
I will be there with my new hinges
h.d.fire

Feedback score:    (28)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2009 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for h.d.fireSend a Private Message to h.d.fireDirect Link to This Post
Count me in! Been promising Fred for too long, we will be there this year!

------------------
84' Indy Pace Car (car #2000)
86' G.T.
Member: NIFE

paced84

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2009 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for paced84Send a Private Message to paced84Direct Link to This Post
Jimmy and I wil be there this year for sure. No Indy though. Coming to help Fred with the show.

Ron T & Jimmy

------------------

signature by F-I-E-R-O (My Indy on right / #1 IMS)

Darth Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2009 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroDirect Link to This Post
bump for official flyers

Eclipse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2009 01:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for EclipseSend a Private Message to EclipseDirect Link to This Post
Hey all! Looks like a lot of fun! I'd love to go. While we are on the topic of Heartland Fieros, are they still selling the parts listed on their website? I've emailed a couple of times asking for prices, and have never received a response. I am just wondering who is best to contact.

Not trying to hijack this thread, so please PM me with email contact info.

------------------
Jay Brintnell
Southern Ontario Fiero Association and the Ontario Pontiac Club

Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival. - W. Edwards Deming

[This message has been edited by Eclipse (edited 07-10-2009).]

DanFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2009 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroDirect Link to This Post
BUMP for a great Fiero Show!! It's a lot of fun and you can't miss the BBQ it definitely tops the evening!!

Dan
mcaanda

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 129
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2009 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mcaandaSend a Private Message to mcaandaDirect Link to This Post
I'll be there!

EDIT: Will also the PPG cars ( Blue & Yellow w/ the PPG Pace ) not be there as well as a draw for the show? I thought I remember Fred saying that it was planned when we were out there here a couple three weeks ago.

--Allen

[This message has been edited by mcaanda (edited 07-13-2009).]

PFF
System Bot
DanFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2009 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mcaanda:

I'll be there!

EDIT: Will also the PPG cars ( Blue & Yellow w/ the PPG Pace ) not be there as well as a draw for the show? I thought I remember Fred saying that it was planned when we were out there here a couple three weeks ago.

--Allen

Yes the 3 PPG pace cars will be there!!! A once in a lifetime chance to see this happen. Glad you'll be able to make it.

Dan

weaselbeak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2009 01:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for weaselbeakSend a Private Message to weaselbeakDirect Link to This Post
Holy sh*t, Batman!!! That's actually a weekend I'm off work, and Davenport is a short hop!! WooHoo!!
Darth Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2009 03:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroDirect Link to This Post
less than 30 days till event bump...
pegasus1848

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2009 12:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pegasus1848Send a Private Message to pegasus1848Direct Link to This Post
I got a new toy, I feel alive again.
I will be bringing number seven, yellow 88 coupe, t-top.
RAREW66

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2009 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RAREW66Click Here to visit RAREW66's HomePageSend a Private Message to RAREW66Direct Link to This Post
Bump to the Top.

A little preview of the event T-Shirt layout.

FRONT:

BACK:

Something to look forward to: Forum Member *cough* Mike M. (h.d. fire) *cough* will be detailing each show entry free of charge if he sells his Indy or does not show up with a Fiero. Buck up fireman, the ball is in your court

Consider coming out to the Heartland Fiero Show to celebrate 25 years of Pontiac Fiero. I'll bring the prototypes, you bring your Fiero. After the show, there is a full evening of activities at the house. For as little as $20, a person can have a full day of Fiero fun.

I have had an inquiry for some people to camp out in the back forty after our cook-out. So, to all you campers, there is two acres here to utilize. Contact me for details. Sorry, I can not accept double wides.

Fred
h.d.fire

Feedback score:    (28)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2009 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for h.d.fireSend a Private Message to h.d.fireDirect Link to This Post
WOW !!!
O.K., I guess I deserve that.................
Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2009 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RAREW66:

BACK:

Fred

And all I got was this t-shirt...

wish I could make it
DanFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2009 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroDirect Link to This Post
BeeeeeeeeeeeeeUMP

A little more info for potential Heartland Members:

Membership to Heartland Fieros is Free, jsut shoot me a P.M. with your email address and I'll add you to our email group to receive updates and info on upcoming events, you don't even have to be in this area, just see what we're up to just for the fun of it if you want

Getting close to some fun!!

Dan
mcaanda

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 129
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2009 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mcaandaSend a Private Message to mcaandaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DanFiero:
< snip >
Membership to Heartland Fieros is Free, jsut shoot me a P.M. with your email address and I'll add you to our email group to receive updates and info on upcoming events, you don't even have to be in this area, just see what we're up to just for the fun of it if you want
< snip >

Dan - can you please add me to the listing? Their packing in 8 days & I'm headed east in ~ 13! Getting kinda down to the wire for sure

mcaanda@gmail.com

--Allen

------------------
Is this where I Insert something witty?

87 Pegasus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2009 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87 PegasusSend a Private Message to 87 PegasusDirect Link to This Post
I am sad that I will not be able to attend Fred's show since I will be getting my wisdom teeth removed on the 14th and I don't think I will be able to get into my Fiero and drive out there.
PFF
System Bot
LAMBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2009 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LAMBOSend a Private Message to LAMBODirect Link to This Post

BeeeeeeeeeeeeeUMP

A little more info for potential Heartland Members:

Getting close to some fun!!

Dan

Dan, didn't see you in IC this weekend. Were you at the show?
DanFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2009 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LAMBO:

Dan, didn't see you in IC this weekend. Were you at the show?

Yes, I did drop my car off at 7:30 in the morning and had to leave at 8 a.m. to go get my daughter from camp so I didn't get back till almost noon. But my car was there the whole time in class 19 parked next a beautiful 71 Blue Chevelle. I hung around it a bit but I ended up following the kids around making sure they didn't get into trouble.

Sorry I missed ya, I did try and keep a look out for you.

See ya at the Heartland Show???

Dan
Innovator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2009 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for InnovatorSend a Private Message to InnovatorDirect Link to This Post
New member here. I hope to make it to the show and meet everyone from the area. I have only had my '84 since September but have already had some interesting stories to tell...
DanFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2009 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroDirect Link to This Post
Innovator,

Shoot me an email or P.M. with your email and I can add it to our list so you can receive notices and email's of upcoming events and the such for Heartland, we'd love to have ya!!

Allen,

Email added, I'll forwad the last notice I sent out just for an FYI (essentially same info as this thread though)

Dan

Originally posted by Innovator:

New member here. I hope to make it to the show and meet everyone from the area. I have only had my '84 since September but have already had some interesting stories to tell...

[This message has been edited by DanFiero (edited 07-20-2009).]

LAMBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2009 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LAMBOSend a Private Message to LAMBODirect Link to This Post

Yes, I did drop my car off at 7:30 in the morning and had to leave at 8 a.m. to go get my daughter from camp so I didn't get back till almost noon. But my car was there the whole time in class 19 parked next a beautiful 71 Blue Chevelle. I hung around it a bit but I ended up following the kids around making sure they didn't get into trouble.

Sorry I missed ya, I did try and keep a look out for you.

See ya at the Heartland Show???

Dan

As of today, I'm planning on coming over this year. But I'm also trying to plan a family weekend trip before school starts, so whatever I can get the best rates on . . .

[This message has been edited by LAMBO (edited 07-20-2009).]

cornersonrails

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2009 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RAREW66:

I have had an inquiry for some people to camp out in the back forty after our cook-out. So, to all you campers, there is two acres here to utilize. Contact me for details. Sorry, I can not accept double wides.

Fred

Just one inquiry? ...lol. Looks like I might be the only one. PM Sent
Paulv

Feedback score:    (68)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2009 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulvSend a Private Message to PaulvDirect Link to This Post
As usual, would not miss this show & picnic at Freds! NIFE group will be coming from Chicago area!

------------------

My Web Site www.xnet.com/~paulv
NIFE Web Site ]www.fierofocus.com]

paced84

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2009 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for paced84Send a Private Message to paced84Direct Link to This Post
Will be there. Jimmy has it on rhe calander now for months.. No Indy, but will be bringing as much of my HISTORY on FIERO as possible. Lots of Indy History.

Ron T & Jimmy

------------------

signature by F-I-E-R-O (My Indy on right / #1 IMS)

GTMN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2009 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTMNSend a Private Message to GTMNDirect Link to This Post
I'm glad to hear so many friends and fiero lovers are getting excited about this. I can't wait to see all of you there. It's been kind of a long dry summer for me (as far as getting to car shows). @#$^% work!!! Anyhows, see you all there.

.......Now what to wear, what to wear? hmmmm.

Mark Nicklaus
Heartland Fieros
Coralville, Ia
DanFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2009 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroDirect Link to This Post
Bump...set.....Spike it back to the top!!
PFF
System Bot
DanFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2009 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by DanFiero (edited 07-25-2009).]

silver 85 sc

Feedback score:    (40)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2009 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scDirect Link to This Post
And here is the Dubuque parade as things now stand.

Blue 1984 SE 4 cyl 4 spd
Red 1988 Formula 6 cyl 4 spd
Black 1986 SE with 87 GT back auto w/overdrive
Yellow 1988 Sport coupe with T-Tops! 4 cyl 5 spd
Silver 1985 Sport coupe 4cyl auto

And last but not least this one in my garage. Battery was dead or I would have pulled it out too.

1986 sport coupe don't have a driver for her. Have to get the struts put in and get the fuel tank to stop leaking. Runs great though even after she spent almost 10 years sitting in a field

In a round about sort of way we are bringing all years

Still haven't received any response from a few people that we left fliers with, but these cars line up real nice. I can't wait to be part of the convoy on the four lane.

Rich
RAREW66

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2009 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RAREW66Click Here to visit RAREW66's HomePageSend a Private Message to RAREW66Direct Link to This Post
Back up from the bottom of the pile.
DanFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2009 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroDirect Link to This Post
Less than 2 weeks!!!

I've gotten online and ordered great weather for this......now lets hope they can deliver it in time
fierohoho

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2009 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierohohoSend a Private Message to fierohohoDirect Link to This Post
And I have waited until the last minute and made my hotel reservations at the host hotel.

Woo Hoo

Hey KEV, we plan to leave Friday morning, when are you heading out?

[This message has been edited by fierohoho (edited 08-03-2009).]

KEV

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2009 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierohoho:

And I have waited until the last minute and made my hotel reservations at the host hotel.

Woo Hoo

Hey KEV, we plan to leave Friday morning, when are you heading out?

Check your PM's

------------------

1999 GMC Jimmy 2dr 4x4
1987 Fiero Coupe
1986 Fiero Base Coupe..Steel Wheels Baby!
1985 Fiero GT 3800 N/A (3800 S/C sitting on stand)
1984 Fiero Indy #1098 w/ centerline "Q" Wheels

fierohoho

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2009 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierohohoSend a Private Message to fierohohoDirect Link to This Post
Checked and replied to.
GTGeff

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2009 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffDirect Link to This Post

Kev & Steve,

When are you guys leaving? Might be interested in a car-o-van.

Jeff
tstroud

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2009 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tstroudSend a Private Message to tstroudDirect Link to This Post
If I can get the front end back together and lined up by next weekend I will be there (barring any more unexpected problems). I have POR 15 is drying on the front control arms right now.
Bushings, ball joints, assembly and alignment. That should be do-able in a week.

------------------
'84 SE 350 5 speed (isuzu)
'69 GTO 400 4 speed (eternal project)

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay