Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Get that speedometer reading right for non factory sized tires/tranny & HUD to boot!

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Get that speedometer reading right for non factory sized tires/tranny & HUD to boot! by blakeinspace
Started on: 06-04-2009 11:01 AM
Replies: 3
Last post by: jscott1 on 06-04-2009 03:29 PM
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2009 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
I think I like!

http://www.autosportcatalog...ads-up-display.shtml

"GPS technology and a heads-up display keep you informed.

This innovative device gives you ultra-accurate compass headings and speed readings while you drive. A convenient heads-up display projects the info onto your windshield and lets you keep your eyes on the road ahead. You can see your speed in MPH or KPH, and set the Speed Alert to let you know when you’re going faster than you should be—a great feature for cars without cruise control! For added functionality, it’s Bluetooth-compatible, so it works with your PDA, SmartPhone or PC laptop, plus all navigation software. Plugs into your car’s cigarette lighter for charging. Comes with everything you need for easy installation."

--

Affordable... and in classic Pontiac red for the display.

------------------

<---- did you buy Cliff a beer?

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Fierosmith

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2009 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierosmithSend a Private Message to FierosmithDirect Link to This Post
Sweet!! Great find... I want one..
JohnF

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2009 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnFSend a Private Message to JohnFDirect Link to This Post
A GPS does the same except for the HUD capability and can be had at a lower price. Placement of the unit gives you virtually a HUD if you desire. Speed, speed alerts and direction are displayed on the screen. Additionally, many POIs (or points of interest) such as shops/stores of any kind, hospitals, eaterys in all genres, advance warnings of red light and speed cameras, speed traps and many, many others can be easily included if not already there from the factory. Additionally, of course, a GPS will find your way to wherever you want to go with voice commands and visual commands. Because I can't seem to follow directions, I am constantly getting "Recalculating" from both the GPS and MY WIFE!

Go to http://www.poi-factory.com/
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2009 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnF:

advance warnings of red light and speed cameras, speed traps and many, many others can be easily included if not already there from the factory.

Do they have the location of all the speed traps between my house and job, updated twice a day? Seriously I need that.

The GPS speedometer HUD is interesting, but at that price point, it is kind of a waste. As John points out a GPS navigation system can give you speed and a whole lot more for less money.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock