Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  2009 Fiero Westfest - Santa Cruz Mountains - "Big Trees" - July 17-18-19

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

2009 Fiero Westfest - Santa Cruz Mountains - "Big Trees" - July 17-18-19 by pokeyfiero
Started on: 06-04-2009 12:49 AM
Replies: 30
Last post by: Rickady88GT on 07-17-2009 01:29 AM
pokeyfiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2009 12:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post
2009 Fiero Westfest - Santa Cruz Mountains - "Big Trees" - July 17-18-19

Hey Fiero Fans,

Ready for windy scenic roads with beautiful redwood trees? Fiero Westfest 2009 is going to be in the Santa Cruz Mountains amid great big tall trees and located at the Brookdale Inn and Spa.

The Friday night reception, car show and banquet will all be held at the Brookdale Inn & Spa. No need to change locations for any of our venues this year.
Our banquet will be served in the Brookroom dining room with the river running though it and our awards ceremony in the connected Log Cabin room. Our car show will be in the parking lot under the big redwood trees!

Address and Phone to make reservations:

Brookdale Inn and Spa
11570 Hwy 9
Brookdale, CA 95007

Phone: 831-338-1300

Reservation Code: CGFIER (Fiero Westfest)

The Brookdale Inn & Spa is located on Hwy 9 between Saratoga and Santa Cruz, at a convenient distance from the Silicon Valley, San Francisco and Santa Cruz.
Set amongst towering redwoods the world famous Brookdale Lodge is uniquely rustic and built around a beautiful dining room with a natural brook running though it.
Judge J.H. Logan at the site of the Grover lumber mill built the original lodge in 1890. In the early 1920's, Dr. F.K. Camp built the beautiful dining room with the natural brook running through it. A feature in Ripley's Believe It or Not served to make the Brookdale Lodge world famous. Throughout the years, the Brookdale Lodge has hosted a number of notable guests: movie stars, music celebrities and a U.S. President.

Brookdale Lodge serves the needs of its guests with hotel and cottage accommodations, an indoor heated swimming pool, cocktail lounge, and dance floor. On Friday and Saturday night they are providing live entertainment for our listening and dancing enjoyments.
Two on-site restaurants provide their guests with a selection of dining experiences.
The Brookdale Cafe is open seven days a week for breakfast and lunch.

Brookroom Hours (With the river running though it)
Wed - Thurs: 5 - 9pm Fri – Sat 5 - 10pm Sunday Brunch 9:30am - 1:30 pm

We have reserved 25 rooms for Fiero Westfest. Reservations have to be made by June 17th or our group discount rate and block will be released. The Brookdale Inn has just remodeled its rooms and is giving us their original lower pricing. Any reservations available after June 17th would be at their newer higher rates.

1 person -----------1 King or 2 Queen room $98.10 plus tax
2 persons ------------ 1 King or 2 Queen room $107.10 plus tax
Additional person $10.00 per room

Credit card is necessary for making reservations. Cancellation policy for this establishment is if you give them more than 48 hours notice, no charge. Within 48 hours there will be a 1-night charge at full price.
Check in time is 3 pm. Check out is 12 noon. Brookdale Inn and Spa has both non-smoking and smoking rooms and suites. Most rooms have either king beds or two queen beds and full bathrooms. Satellite television channels include three Showtime channels, CNN, ESPN, Discovery and the Weather Channel. Wi-Fi is available in the lobby. No pets accepted. **

Note: rooms are beautiful but basic and are not equipped with micros, refrigerators and coffee machines. If you want coffee, bring your own coffee maker or there is the Brookdale Café located on the premises.

Nearby Attractions:
Scenic Highway 9 through the redwoods.
Santa Cruz Beach / Boardwalk, 14 miles to the South
Big Basin State Park, 10.5 miles to the North
Roaring Camp & Big Trees Railroad, 4 miles to the South
Boulder Creek Golf & Country Club, 6 miles to the North
Wineries with relaxing tours and tasting

**For those needing accommodations with pets, down the road in Ben Lomand is Quality Inn & Suites phone 831-336-2292 for reservations. Rooms are newly remodeled and equipped with microwaves, refrigerators and coffeemakers. Rates from @ $209 to $229. Additional fee charged for pet.
The Brookdale Inn

Indoor Pool

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2009 12:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post
Lobby and restaurant. Yes, that's a real stream running through it!

The "Log Cabin", where the awards and raffle will take place

Banquet area

The Bar. Whoo hooo!

pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2009 12:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post

pokeyfiero

16189 posts
Member since Dec 2003
The show will take place in the parking lot

BIG TREES!

We'll put the registration tents here

pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2009 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post

pokeyfiero

16189 posts
Member since Dec 2003
Bar/Nightclub, with live bands on Friday and Saturday nights

SILVERMIST

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2009 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SILVERMISTSend a Private Message to SILVERMISTDirect Link to This Post
For more information and an interesting history of Brookdale Lodge,see the events section of PFF.
Steven Snyder

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2009 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Steven SnyderClick Here to visit Steven Snyder's HomePageSend a Private Message to Steven SnyderDirect Link to This Post
I'll try to make it!

------------------

1988 Pontiac Fiero 3.4 DOHC V6 5-speed
California Smog Legal!

WhiteDevil88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 497
User Banned

Report this Post06-07-2009 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Direct Link to This Post
That is a nice place for an event, the PT Cruiser club has used it quite frequently for our annual Ghost Cruise at Halloween. Tales tell of the Brooklands Lodge being haunted. It was a hugely popular speakeasy in the 1930's as well.

I do want to remind folks to bring a sweater when you come to the Monterey Bay area, and please don't drive like suicidal maniacs on the mountain roads. People live there, and CHP loves to enforce the law.

pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2009 12:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Steven Snyder:

I'll try to make it!

If you do bring me one of those intakes and your cam dial.
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2009 01:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Steven Snyder:
I'll try to make it!

Cool!

Can't wait to see your awesome engine in person again!

Janell and I will try to come as well. Close enough to Monterey, I'm coming one way or another.
sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2009 02:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by pokeyfiero:

I call dibs on this parking spot

I hope I can make it this year.

------------------
"DRIVE IT LIKE A FIERO"
'84 Fiero, engine to be determined
'87Blue GT 3.4L Swap Completed!!!!!!!! Boosted!!!!!!!
^^^^ Now in the Construction Zone^^^^
Las Vegas Fiero Club
Fiero Road Club Of Northern Nevada

JenzGT2

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2009 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JenzGT2Send a Private Message to JenzGT2Direct Link to This Post
Rick and I are trying very hard to get our junk there.

It would be nice to get out of the valley heat in July.
PFF
System Bot
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2009 01:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sardonyx247:

I call dibs on this parking spot

I hope I can make it this year.

First come , first serve!
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2009 02:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
I'm going. Please say there is going to be a run down highway 1!!!
Kitskaboodle

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2009 01:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87antuzzi:

I'm going. Please say there is going to be a run down highway 1!!!

No...but there SHOULD be a run to Alice's Restaraunt! (and up and down Highway 35, a.k.a. Skyline)
You wanna drive fast? You want mucho high speed curves? Then you will be right
at home senor! Home of the "alleged" 100 mph club! BUT.....whatch out for the mounties in the Woodside area!

Kit
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2009 02:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
So let's make a private run. If not I'm going by my self! I'm going to google skyline highway or whatever. And see if it is worthy of my fiero lol
fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2009 03:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

So let's make a private run. If not I'm going by my self! I'm going to google skyline highway or whatever. And see if it is worthy of my fiero lol

Us show organizers get pretty busy, but if you want to get something together, GO FOR IT!

87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2009 03:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
Poker run?!?! 20 dollar buy in? Hopefully this is going to work out. This is my first fiero "thing". What sucks is I don't know if I can get a room (only 17) my mom says she has it set up with the manager. I hope she's right
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2009 03:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post
Almost time.
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2009 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpDirect Link to This Post
if anyone is headed up 101 to the show let me know i have some raffle prizes i need to get there.

--matt
Fast Red

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2009 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fast RedSend a Private Message to Fast RedDirect Link to This Post
We are coming up from WCF. I hope we can bring the fiero as it has not been on the road for 5 years. Madison Steve and Chris with ken and David are coming up on Thursday
JenzGT2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2009 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JenzGT2Send a Private Message to JenzGT2Direct Link to This Post
This is really close and we are still working on our car. I need some R and R !!!!!

Rick, me and and the girls, driving two cars since we don't all fit in the Fiero, hope we get there with no problems. We also have a friend joining us this time that we have been trying to get to come to an event for a long time. He has a nice Fiero collection. I'm hoping we can carpool with them.

PFF
System Bot
FOSD_PREZ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2009 01:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FOSD_PREZClick Here to visit FOSD_PREZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to FOSD_PREZDirect Link to This Post
Matt
I will be heading up 101 on Thursday. I hope to leave San Diego about 8AM, a short stop in the San Fernando Valley and then on our way. Will be towing the Fiero so I should have plenty of room in the truck.

Larry
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2009 01:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
I can't drive my fiero I have to drive my moms honda element. stupid connecting rod
D2inDFW

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2009 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for D2inDFWClick Here to visit D2inDFW's HomePageSend a Private Message to D2inDFWDirect Link to This Post
How many folks have registered?
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2009 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post

I can't drive my fiero I have to drive my moms honda element. stupid connecting rod

Better than your connecting rod going while at West Fest!
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2009 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
Yea but its still an element. I am actually going to be done with my engine swap today but my fiero still needs paint
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2009 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post
Tranny just locked up today. Seems to be in two gears at once.

Not bueno

Maybe if I have time I can install a new throttle cable on another fiero and get her smogged in time.
Fast Red

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2009 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fast RedSend a Private Message to Fast RedDirect Link to This Post
WCF would like to meet any one on the way to Brookside on Friday. Let us know where you are, so we can meet.
JenzGT2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2009 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JenzGT2Send a Private Message to JenzGT2Direct Link to This Post
What time are you expecting to leave and what route are you taking?

I have no idea when we will be leaving yet, depends on how the next 2 days go?
Fast Red

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2009 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fast RedSend a Private Message to Fast RedDirect Link to This Post
We are leaving at 8:00AM with 3 cars
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2009 01:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTDirect Link to This Post
Too early for us! We will be leaving a bit later.

PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock