Started on: 05-10-2009 04:43 PM
Replies: 14
Last post by: 1986 Fiero GT on 05-18-2009 06:48 AM
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2009 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

One of our club members here in the Vancouver area has a choptop that many of you have seen pictures of posted at PFF and at our local club's website. There's a long thread about the building of this car Here.

Being 6' 3", I've often wondered how I'd fit in one of these things.

I found out at last night's club meeting.

I don't fit.

But it was still fun...

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
ghost187x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2009 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ghost187xSend a Private Message to ghost187xDirect Link to This Post
better luck on your next life :P
if you believe in that sort of thing... lol
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2009 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Being 6' 3", I've often wondered how I'd fit in one of these things.

I love that car! A Choptop is one thing that makes being an average size guy worthwhile. And also I can't date women that tall either.

mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2009 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
Since I'm 6' 5", I guess I REALLY can't fit.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2009 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by mattwa:

It depends on your inseam... if you are mostly legs and have a short torso you might have a chance.
kawana

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2009 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kawanaClick Here to visit kawana's HomePageSend a Private Message to kawanaDirect Link to This Post
I really wanna see that car in person. I keep meaning to come to the meets, but i never get around to it. My car is dead atm, so hopefully ill have it up and running before summers end. Im 6'1" but mostly in the legs.... im curious how id fit.
sjmaye

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2009 03:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sjmayeSend a Private Message to sjmayeDirect Link to This Post
FINALLY. Something good for short people like me
project34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2009 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by sjmaye:
FINALLY. Something good for short people like me

It sounds like it could be time for you to join the "Glass Chop Top Side Windows Group Buy" ( https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/075860.html ).

For years, I'd invented for myself various reasons why it wouldn't make sense to have my `86 GT, a daily driver (DD), subjected to a V8-Archie chop.

The most prominent of those "anti-chop" reasons I'd developed was that was that its chopped-top-compatible side windows would be Lexan, something I don't want to be scraping ice from and damaging, in a year-round DD that necessarily willl be subjected to harsh winters.

However, the glass side windows for a V8-Archie chop, which are the focus of the aforementioned thread in The Mall, "Glass Chop Top Side Windows Group Buy," have eliminated that excuse.

Good luck to you on your project, regardless of whatever you yourself decide to do, sjmaye.
Freshj

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2009 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FreshjSend a Private Message to FreshjDirect Link to This Post
Damn, I was really hoping to do a chop one day, but I'm 6'2" and only have a 32" in seam. Don't think it's going to happen... .

------------------

Red 86GT 4 Speed

Nohbdy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2009 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NohbdySend a Private Message to NohbdyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mattwa:

agreed. 6'6" and a 38 inseam, im not makin it. i scrape my hair against the top if i sit straight up w/ normal height lol
Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2009 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganDirect Link to This Post
I was planning on doing a chop top this winter but my girlfriend doesn't want me to. I'm just 5''7" so I'll fit.
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2009 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Nohbdy:

agreed. 6'6" and a 38 inseam, im not makin it. i scrape my hair against the top if i sit straight up w/ normal height lol

There was a video of a guy getting out of white Fiero and he looked to be 6' 6"
project34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2009 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Doni Hagan:

I was planning on doing a chop top this winter but my girlfriend doesn't want me to.

One way to get around that issue is to do the chop top on your car instead of hers.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2009 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Freshj:

Damn, I was really hoping to do a chop one day, but I'm 6'2" and only have a 32" in seam. Don't think it's going to happen... .

Nope...I'm barely 5'10" and I have a 32" inseam; I fit with 3 inches above my head, but your head would be an inch into the sunroof.

1986 Fiero GT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2009 06:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTDirect Link to This Post
Splash that rear bumper!

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock