Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Watkins Glen - Fieros in the Glen 2009 picture thread. (56k, grab a Snickers...) (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Watkins Glen - Fieros in the Glen 2009 picture thread. (56k, grab a Snickers...) by Brocephus
Started on: 04-27-2009 12:30 AM
Replies: 62
Last post by: ACSCAR on 05-03-2009 10:28 PM
Brocephus

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2009 12:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BrocephusSend a Private Message to BrocephusDirect Link to This Post
Sorry to tease everyone, but I'm bushed so I'm headed for bed. I'll be adding a TON of pics tomorrow once I can keep my eyelids open for longer than 3-5 seconds, hehe. Night!

------------------

My Fiero ate an import. No, seriously.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
cleppsfierogts

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2009 02:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cleppsfierogtsSend a Private Message to cleppsfierogtsDirect Link to This Post
just cause i am mean I am posting a few that brocephus took along with a few of mine. I'll be nice and only post 3 of his 4 of mine.

Me and hardpact got to put on a light show

Hardpact's gt fastback

My gt notchback

sick wheel picture of hardpacts "blue by you!" #1 of 2

debut of my 87 gt now christened "blue by you too!" #2 of 2

"blue by you too!" and "blue by you!" the brothers sitting together

my gt notchback

[This message has been edited by cleppsfierogts (edited 04-27-2009).]

proff

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2009 02:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for proffClick Here to visit proff's HomePageSend a Private Message to proffDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cleppsfierogts:

my gt notchback

I'm gone-a do that to the wife Red SE
Hardpact

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2009 06:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HardpactSend a Private Message to HardpactDirect Link to This Post
i just thought of some thing we need jason or some one to get white under there car so we could do a red white and blue theme that would look sweet

------------------

redwingshat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2009 07:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for redwingshatSend a Private Message to redwingshatDirect Link to This Post
Even though my white notch back didn't make it up there I could be your white in the red white and blue neons I just gotta pick me up some
Hardpact

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2009 07:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HardpactSend a Private Message to HardpactDirect Link to This Post
we will be at carlse
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2009 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Lets see some track pics!
cleppsfierogts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2009 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cleppsfierogtsSend a Private Message to cleppsfierogtsDirect Link to This Post
That woudl be crazy! and totally awesome. I say we do it. Though someone needs a rear blue led tube....ha ha. Can't wait for Carlisle. You and Jason should come friday night if you can. I'll be posting some of the track pics that I have shortly. I know there is also video coming too. Brocephus has that.
Hardpact

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2009 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HardpactSend a Private Message to HardpactDirect Link to This Post
we are coming on friday and only staying till sat night though you can ask jason that one
Hardpact

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2009 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HardpactSend a Private Message to HardpactDirect Link to This Post

Hardpact

1216 posts
Member since Feb 2006
oh yeah got that new sign......

------------------

cleppsfierogts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2009 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cleppsfierogtsSend a Private Message to cleppsfierogtsDirect Link to This Post
Yea I'll ask him. That sounds good to me. I like the new sig. Fits you perfectly. Now next post will be picture filled.
PFF
System Bot
Fierofreak00

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2009 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Direct Link to This Post
We'll be there Friday night....We're stayng at the Motel 6 on Harrisburg pike. And we'll stay until the show is over on Saturday night....or later if we're having too much fun. Now hurry up with the pics....unless they turn out to be little red X's like up top. -Jason

[This message has been edited by Fierofreak00 (edited 04-27-2009).]

Brocephus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2009 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrocephusSend a Private Message to BrocephusDirect Link to This Post
Yes. Yes, as a matter of fact I do have video. The quality is a little lacking and there's no sound, but next time, we'll use Hardpact's camera.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WITBbVeAGBs

Pictures to come shortly. Still sorting, renaming, uploading and editing photos so bear with me.
cleppsfierogts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2009 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cleppsfierogtsSend a Private Message to cleppsfierogtsDirect Link to This Post
the pizza hut crew all lined up after the track

look at the red fiero on the trailer in the background

the track

ride to pizza hut

BLUE BY YOU!

brothers finally together

show at the lake before the track

the lake

Jarhead 2m4

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2009 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Direct Link to This Post
It looks like this was a good weekend for fiero owners across the country. Fieros at The Glen, Fiero Factory swap meet, AAFO RoundUp... looks like there was something for everyone.
cleppsfierogts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2009 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cleppsfierogtsSend a Private Message to cleppsfierogtsDirect Link to This Post
definitely was
Fierofreak00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2009 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Direct Link to This Post
Yeah and the little red X's are cute too.....arrrgh....Hafta wait until I get home. -Jason
ALLTRBO

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2009 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBODirect Link to This Post
No way! Freakin' absolutely stunningly beautiful!
I'll buy it back from you now.

I'm delighted to see the car in such awesome shape. You guys did a great job on it!

Looks like you all had great fun, I need to get ready for something like this sometime.

[This message has been edited by ALLTRBO (edited 04-27-2009).]

cleppsfierogts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2009 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cleppsfierogtsSend a Private Message to cleppsfierogtsDirect Link to This Post
thanks. We had a deadline of three weeks and we barely made it. The car was fully assembled thursday night. It was amazing. Actually the car is not done some parts that I ordered couldn't quite make it. Its ok though. i still have plenty of paint. I'll be posting some pictures once it is done. Not bad for a daily driver. My dad really did a great job painting this car. You do need to get a fiero done and come join us with or without. Its a lot of fun either way.

and jason....what little red x's. Can you not see the pics cause I'll be sending them to you tonight.

Brocephus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2009 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrocephusSend a Private Message to BrocephusDirect Link to This Post
Ok, as promised, the long awaited pictures (and associated captions) by your friendly neighborhood Brocephus. Not gonna waste your time with a buncha crap you're probably not gonna read anyway, so onto the pictures!!!

Of course I drive a Fiero. This means that I cannot just get in, hit a button, and magically appear at the Glen. I have get to drive there.

And what a damn fine drive it was. I had the floor vents wide open, the sunroof off, both windows down; it was truly a beautiful day for a drive. Speaking of which, the sunroof made an excellent portal through which to take this shot...

Being the respectable, law-abiding citizen that I am, I got to Watkins Glen in record time by driving exactly 65 m.p.h. I had no trouble whatsoever until I got to Watkins Glen. With a 1/4 tank of gas left, the car stalled at a red light. It fired right back up and drove fine until it did the same thing after a little puttering around town. Just in case my gas gauge was goin' south on me, I put a gallon of gas in the tank. I still has 8 psi of fuel pressure, but was still concerned nonetheless.

I got to Wal-Mart and was able to spot the herd from halfway across the parking lot. Good lookin' bunch. No, I do not own a fisheye or a panoramic lens... that's rich-man's candy. I had to hand-stitch two photos together using Adobe Photoshop 3.0, lol.

After meeting everyone, I expressed my running concern to Jason (FieroFreak00). Since we were right in the Wally World parking lot, he propsed a fuel filter change. Damn good thing he did. This is NOT what the contents of your fuel filter should look like. That puddle of rust is every bit of an 1/8" to a 1/4" deep in most places. But right in the middle is a spot that was over 3/8" deep.

Just as I was feeling like a complete moron for not taking better care of my Fiero and slowing up the group, AC Jr. stepped in to lift my spirits. (Mind you, it wasn't anything he said, lol.) Having replaced the fuel filter in my car, it was time to go get some grub. We kicked the tires and lit the fires and...well, all but one Fiero lit the fires. AC Jr's car refused to budge. It'd turn over but wouldn't fire. Jason gave the word to park 'em and hiked up the skirts on AC's Formula. No less than two people were able to produce ignition modules from hidden spots in their cars, but AC's issue was slightly less involved. (Although he went ahead and replaced the module anyway.)

Everything looks ok from here....

AC's Formula goin' under the knife. (Easy ladies...)

The Doc makes a horrific discovery. See anything missing from this picture? The carbon tower seems to have disintegrated.

Collateral damage. The rotor looks to have gotten a little warm at some point. Who'd have thought, a car that never sees more than 45 m.p.h. could melt a rotor button like this?!

The National Association of Parts for AC Jr's car or, NAPA for short, was able to have parts in Dr. Freak's hands within 20 minutes. He was able to complete the organ transplants in record time.

Jason and Tom buttoned it all up and we once again were ready to make a run for Chef's Diner. AC, get some damn spark plug wires!

Pullin' into Chef's Diner.

Time to throw some groceries down my neck!! Boomer happened past, spotted Fieros, and stopped in for some bullshootin'.

We got our bellies full and it was time to kick back, watch some tube, talk some club, and drink a brew. AC's house was the venue for this event and I left the camera in the car. We lazed around for a bit, watched a movie, and then it was off to The Decoy for more pictures, food, beer and good times.

It probably took us an hour to make it from the parking lot to the front door. Several other Fieros had joined the group at the The Decoy so pics were needed and a LOT of bull was shot.

Very picturesque.

In the "Back Room" at the Decoy. Again, none of that fancy "picture stitching" software here, lol.

One sunburnt Brocephus, lol. (Self-pic using the camera timer and holding my tripod at arm's length.)

After dinner, the party moved outside where Hardpact and CLepp displayed their car's lighting.

CLepp's offering.

Hardpact's handiwork.

"Full left lock with glow" shot of Tom's "Blue By You". If I'd seen the "Fiero" on the mudflap, I'd have taken it from lower to catch it all.

The next morning was slightly humid; heavy with the smell of spring flowers (and the land mine I managed to find the night before, hehe). We headed for Chef's Diner. I was very sleepy-eyed and in desperate need of coffee.

After breakfast, I snapped a few wheel pics of CLepp's Fiero sitting in Chef's parking lot.

Try as I might, I couldn't keep from showing up in the reflection of those shiny-ass center caps, lol.

We left Chef's Diner, headed for a marina on the southern tip of the lake for the car show.

It was this car show where I managed to get a shot of MAFOA President, Robb Leppo, polishing my car for me, hehe. (He was actually showing me what baby oil can temporarily do for extremely oxidized paint, LOL!)

Shiny!!

Having a Fiero with no clear coat, a plywood battery suport, Advance Auto seat covers and faded paint isn't going to win much of anything. But I opened it up like the rest, took pics, shot a LOT of bull and had a blast. All I had worth showing was my engine, my freshly redone headlights and my LED headliner. Only at the awards ceremony at Pizza Hut did I found out that I would have won the "Best Daily Driver" catagory if only I had registered, hehe. D'oh!

The end of the car show could mean only one thing...

Waivers signed, we made our way through the hallowed gates of Watkins Glen raceway...

...and stopped...

...this far from the entrance...

...and waited.

After what seemed an eternity, I left my car, walked to the first Fiero in line and ...

...took...

...pictures...

...of...

...every...

...Fiero...

...that...

...I...

...could...

...find...

...in...

...our...

...little...

...group.

Needless to say, we did make it to the track. They had us staged, side by side and in two lines. There was a hair bit of confusion as to who would pull out and when and behind whom. Jason told me to pull out behind him and in front of Hardpact. Tom didn't want to be behind a slow little four-banger and have to "Blow By It" so he told Jason to tell me to pull in behind Blue By You. I very politely and discreetly turned in my seat and yelled at Tom to make sure he got the hell out my way, that I didn't want to embarass him in front of his daughter. His calm reply was for me "Not to worry about him." I had my tripod and camera rigged up in my car to record everythng, but when we hit the track I must have, in my excitement, hit the wrong button to begin recording. At the end of the second lap, I looked up at my camera to see it turned off. With the wheel in my left hand, holding 4300 rpms in 3rd gear through the last turn before the straightaway, I managed to power up the camera and hit the damn "Go" button before it was time to grab 4th and bare the teeth of my lil' Duke.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WITBbVeAGBs

The Duke held up well at 5500 but seemed to lose a bit of oomph at those rpms. What little power it had was smooth and predictable. I had to carry an immense amount of speed through the twists to keep up with the more powerful V-6's in the group so I swung wide and made sure to nail the apex of as many turns as traffic allowed. But there were no losers today and there weren't supposed to be, hehe. It's really a shame that Watkins Glen wasted all the paper required to print out the rule sheets, hehe. Felt good to pass a Porsche though.

The track event over, we put the ponies out to pasture for some well-deserved R&R.

Got a good pic of a bunch of horse's asses....

By now, I was getting so hungry that I could've eaten my left hand so we all headed for the Hut for beer, pizza and awards. Special thanks to the Pizza Hut crew for managing to have pizza ready for us when we showed up. It was hot, fresh and went very well with that ice cold pepsi.

AC and Jason have been trying hard to put together a NY Fiero Enthusiasts (NYFE) association and made the official announcement this weekend at Pizza Hut. I didn't get any shots of that, but hey, it happened.

This a sight all too common for the Leppo crew. But when you put the kind of time, heart and money they have poured into their cars, good things happen.

The awards handed out and pizza settling in our bellies, it was almost time to bring to an end, the Fifth Annual Watkins Glen - Fieros in the Glen event.

AC, Corey and myself took a nice, gentle, cruise back to AC's house so that he and Corey could snag any pics and videos they wanted from my memory card. The cool afternoon air rushing through the floor vents... the wind whistling in the open roof... the purr of a willing engine; the twists, bends and straights capped off a perfect day. Freshly invigorated by a few simple laps around a real racetrack seemed to take a little wear off the cylinder walls and put a bit more spring in the step of my Fiero and served to cement the knowledge that it was the single best $177.50 I had ever spent.

Hands shaken, thanks given, plans made for next year; good byes said, dog ears scratched, it was time to point my little red friend east.

------------------

My Fiero ate an import. No, seriously.

[This message has been edited by Brocephus (edited 04-27-2009).]

Fformula88

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2009 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Direct Link to This Post
Awesome pictures! Thanks for sharing!

It was a great day down there!
PFF
System Bot
cleppsfierogts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2009 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cleppsfierogtsSend a Private Message to cleppsfierogtsDirect Link to This Post
yes it was absolutely
Hardpact

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2009 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HardpactSend a Private Message to HardpactDirect Link to This Post
that was the best coverage i ever read i think jason(fierofreak00) said it best "i think we found a new photo guy" your a great guy with awesome ideas and if you ever need anything from me just let me know i will do my best to help ya out on your car ~ tom"blue by you!"

P.S.and yes we will def.use my camera for the track shot next year
cleppsfierogts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2009 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cleppsfierogtsSend a Private Message to cleppsfierogtsDirect Link to This Post
I have to totally agree with you. Definitely did a great write up there. Don't forget to buy all that baby oil now!!

P.S. I'll have to show you how to use that camera before you use it....ha ha jk. Bring that thing to Carlisle

Hardpact

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2009 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HardpactSend a Private Message to HardpactDirect Link to This Post
i hope hes going there
Jncomutt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2009 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttDirect Link to This Post
One of these years I need to make it out to this, it always looks like so much fun. Hopefully next year when I graduate I'll have the time and the money to be able to enjoy the weekend with you all.
FieroVin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2009 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroVinClick Here to visit FieroVin's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroVinDirect Link to This Post
Great pictures... looks like you all had a good time. Don't worry about the break downs, it wouldn't be Watkins Glen if someone didn't have car trouble... just ask Boomer! ;-)
Ok, in all fairness to Boomer he wasn't the first one to have an incident on the track at WGI... who remembers this one from 2005.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
------------------
Vin

MAFOA Webmaster
87 GT Med. Red Metallic

[This message has been edited by FieroVin (edited 04-27-2009).]

cleppsfierogts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2009 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cleppsfierogtsSend a Private Message to cleppsfierogtsDirect Link to This Post
I hope he comes too. Brocephus are you coming to Carlisle? I hope eventually everyone can make it out to the glen! Vin thanks for the contribution. ha ha i feel bad for the car.
Brocephus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2009 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrocephusSend a Private Message to BrocephusDirect Link to This Post
Bah! Vin, a bloody nose like that is nothin' to be ashamed of if you earned it on the racetrack! That's not just any old road scuff, that's a war wound! just curious though.... is that why you guys call him "Boomer"?

I dunno if I'll be able to make it to Carlisle or not. I hadn't really given it much thought. But I'll look into it.

I'm glad ya'll enjoyed the write up. It only took me about six hours to layout, draft, upload, rename, redo, write, rewrite, edit, proofread, and finally submit it all, hehe. I hope to write as many articles as I can when the NYFE assoc. gets fired up.

cleppsfierogts, man, I'm all about learning more about this camera, but Iultimately what needs to happen is, I need to get my hands on a nice Rebel or a D70 with a good tripod and a couple of different lenses.
Boominator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2009 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoominatorSend a Private Message to BoominatorDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroVin:

Great pictures... looks like you all had a good time. Don't worry about the break downs, it wouldn't be Watkins Glen if someone didn't have car trouble... just ask Boomer! ;-)
Ok, in all fairness to Boomer he wasn't the first one to have an incident on the track at WGI... who remembers this one from 2005.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

You've got that right - Boomer now has company but so far, no one has quite matched me in the magnitude of damage...fortunately. Of course Boomer took the low risk approach again this year and left the V8 in his garage in favor of the reliable daily driver. Make no mistake, it was a great weekend and we had a blast, just the same. It was a great meet and Vin, I gotta say, we all missed not having you and Chris in attendance! BTW, I hope the rag top on your Solstice wasn't hit by any embers from the Myrtle Beach wildfires :-) You did keep it in the DOWN position, didn't you?
A good time was had by all and it was great to see so many enthusiastic Fiero owners together having fun in the sun in The Glen.
Several of us discussed the guard rail "incident" of 2005 and were happy that no such repeat of history took place.
Wow, Brocephus, GREAT pictures! Very nice job of event documentation. Ladies and gentlemen, I think we may have our very own official club photographer.
As always, the Dobson clan did a 1st class job of making the event venues a huge success.
It doesn't get much better than last weekend folks - thanks to all for making the 2009 Fieros in the Glen another great memory of interaction between people and cars they love. Now that GM has announced that they are axing the Pontiac brand, we have even more reason to keep the excitement alive.

FieroVin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2009 06:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroVinClick Here to visit FieroVin's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroVinDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boominator:

It was a great meet and Vin, I gotta say, we all missed not having you and Chris in attendance! BTW, I hope the rag top on your Solstice wasn't hit by any embers from the Myrtle Beach wildfires :-) You did keep it in the DOWN position, didn't you?

GM has announced that they are axing the Pontiac brand, we have even more reason to keep the excitement alive.

Thanks Boomer... we missed all you guys too. Don't get me wrong, there were some nice people at the Solstice meet, but it wasn't the same as being wth my Fiero peeps.

As far as the fires go, we drove through smoke on the way down, and on the way back but it wasn't bad while we were there... it was all north of where we were. We did see some smoke off in the distance on the first day at Myrtle Beach Speedway. We couldn't smell smoke or anything while we were there. Not to get too far off topic but if you're interested here are a few pics: Picasa Web Albums - Vin - SE Regional S...

I'm glad you had such nice weather up there, allthough the last few have been real nice.

------------------
Vin

MAFOA Webmaster
87 GT Med. Red Metallic

PFF
System Bot
Fierofreak00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2009 07:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Direct Link to This Post
Indeed that was a great write up john! Maybe next time you can leave my big butt out of a few pictures .

I'm really excited about the prospect of forming our own club, as we have a great core group of NY people that make owning these cars fun. I believe that with everyone standing behind us (no pun intended) we can make NYFOC a reality. Thanks again to all of those who expressed great interest in making this a reality.... we'll be in touch. -Jason
Hardpact

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2009 09:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HardpactSend a Private Message to HardpactDirect Link to This Post
you know i behind ya 110% on that!!!!!!
Hardpact

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2009 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HardpactSend a Private Message to HardpactDirect Link to This Post

Hardpact

1216 posts
Member since Feb 2006
i realyy missed seeing badoofunk there was hoping to see him he is a ton of fun to hang with........hope everything is good with him
FARMERFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2009 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FARMERFIEROSend a Private Message to FARMERFIERODirect Link to This Post
LOOKED LIKE A GREAT TIME, MAYBE NEXT YEAR I WILL MAKE IT ,JASON DID HARDPACT BLUE BY YOU ON THE TRACK? CHEERS
JennsDream

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2009 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JennsDreamSend a Private Message to JennsDreamDirect Link to This Post
looks like the weekend was a lot of fun. maybe next year chris and i will head up there. nice job on the paint corey!
Fierofreak00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2009 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by FARMERFIERO:

LOOKED LIKE A GREAT TIME, MAYBE NEXT YEAR I WILL MAKE IT ,JASON DID HARDPACT BLUE BY YOU ON THE TRACK? CHEERS

Yeah, he did but, only because I wasn't going to pass anyone (you know, FOLLOW THE RULES). Then something came over me and I was passing like everyone else....
-Jason

blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2009 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
wow! What a great looking event!

So let me get this straight... they let you drive at normal race speed around the track?... or was it just parade laps?
Either way is damn cool... but one is definately a lot better than the other.

Bocephus... great shots, and a great write up. Very enjoyable to read and view.
I liked your 'panorama' shots... I've used the exact same method to get the shots I want too! (merging color line difference and all!)

--edit... ps. I also noticed a theme in the write up too... I think I saw the word 'beer' about as much as I did 'Fiero'... I need to visit my NY Fiero cousins some day...
------------------

<---- did you buy Cliff a beer?

[This message has been edited by blakeinspace (edited 04-28-2009).]

Fierofreak00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2009 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by blakeinspace:

wow! What a great looking event!

So let me get this straight... they let you drive at normal race speed around the track?... or was it just parade laps?
Either way is damn cool... but one is definately a lot better than the other.

Bocephus... great shots, and a great write up. Very enjoyable to read and view.
I liked your 'panorama' shots... I've used the exact same method to get the shots I want too! (merging color line difference and all!)

--edit... ps. I also noticed a theme in the write up too... I think I saw the word 'beer' about as much as I did 'Fiero'... I need to visit my NY Fiero cousins some day...

Yeah........pace car speeds, that's it

The rules state that the laps are 55mph, no hot dogging, no pacing, and no beer stops.. err pit stops etc......
Every year I've gone I've hit at least 90 (or more!) on the back stretch, I've done more than 55 in a few of the corners. It's a ball and well worth the money if you really want to try and see what your car can do. Although it's not full on racing, you sure would think it was. Hell, I beat the crap out of mine just to break something. I did that last year with my duke powered car, just to try and blow the motor up. Just so that I could put a v-6 in it. Well, I didn't suceed at breaking it, but I put the 6 in it just in time for the 25th.

Your more than welcome here in NY when ever you want I'm sure someone could put you up for a night or two. -Jason

blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2009 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierofreak00:

Well, I didn't suceed at breaking it, but I put the 6 in it just in time for the 25th.

Your more than welcome here in NY when ever you want I'm sure someone could put you up for a night or two. -Jason

I remember you now. You parked beside our Texas contigent at the 25th. Good times.
<---- (yellow car under canopy)

[This message has been edited by blakeinspace (edited 04-28-2009).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock