Started on: 04-26-2009 10:44 PM
Replies: 26
Last post by: 86fakegt on 05-12-2009 03:28 PM
TopNotch

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2009 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchDirect Link to This Post
Pictures from the swap meet:

Gathering for the meet

A beautiful Mera

With a beautiful engine

Lots of parts

Ed announcing his retirement

Jeremy and Stacey Biggs will be taking over
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Ratfink

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2009 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RatfinkSend a Private Message to RatfinkDirect Link to This Post
Very nice pictures, makes Me feel as though I was there!!!! Oh wait I was there!!!
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2009 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by mattwa (edited 02-21-2011).]

pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2009 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
This is not flippin fair. why do all the good ones happen pretty much at the other end of the world fro me.
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2009 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
Hey, I traveled more then you would have too and I still was there.
motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2009 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

This is not flippin fair. why do all the good ones happen pretty much at the other end of the world fro me.

Because you live in Pa.

Joe
proff

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2009 02:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for proffClick Here to visit proff's HomePageSend a Private Message to proffDirect Link to This Post
proff is home sick
Will-Martin

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2009 02:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TopNotch:

Pictures from the swap meet:

With a beautiful engine

...r

That engine looks VERY familiar.

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2009 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post
It is with a heavy heart that I hear of Ed Parks retirement. Ed has been a fixture in this hobby for many many years and he's always been a great source for repairs swaps,parts, and information. I had the pleasure of meeting Ed and Rosy on several different occasions and they are terrific people. Although I have not been to the Fiero Factory Swap meet in several years it was a most enjoyable event when we were able to get down to Huntsville.
We wish Jeremy & Stacey the very best in their new endeavor and a pleasant retirement for Ed and Rosy. I hope that Ed and Rosy will chose to attend future Fiero Factory swap meets so that they can still be a visible part of the Fiero community.
It is said that nothing is forever and this statement is all so true. As the years pass, people come and people go. When one of the good people leaves, the good things that they have done live on for all to appreciate. I will miss Ed's knowledge, advise, kind assistance and positive outlook on life. Perhaps now that he has more time maybe we can convince him to participate on this forum.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, 3.4" Pulley, N* TB, LS1 MAF, Flotech Exhaust Autolite 104's Custom CAI 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

PontiacFiero

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2009 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PontiacFieroSend a Private Message to PontiacFieroDirect Link to This Post
I did not make the swap meet this year. I was on a school band competion trip to Atlanta with my son.

Best wishes to Ed and Rosey in their retirement.

Is Ed selling the business to Jeremy?

I know Jeremy can do a good job running the business.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2009 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:
It is with a heavy heart that I hear of Ed Parks retirement. Ed has been a fixture in this hobby for many many years and he's always been a great source for repairs swaps,parts, and information. I had the pleasure of meeting Ed and Rosy on several different occasions and they are terrific people. Although I have not been to the Fiero Factory Swap meet in several years it was a most enjoyable event when we were able to get down to Huntsville.
We wish Jeremy & Stacey the very best in their new endeavor and a pleasant retirement for Ed and Rosy. I hope that Ed and Rosy will chose to attend future Fiero Factory swap meets so that they can still be a visible part of the Fiero community.
It is said that nothing is forever and this statement is all so true. As the years pass, people come and people go. When one of the good people leaves, the good things that they have done live on for all to appreciate. I will miss Ed's knowledge, advise, kind assistance and positive outlook on life. Perhaps now that he has more time maybe we can convince him to participate on this forum.

Nice tribute, .
Wow, I did not know this would be their last harahh. , I never had the pleasure and guess I might not get another chance.
PFF
System Bot
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2009 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post
Just spoke with Rosy. Ed was busy in the shop so I'll call him back tomorrow. The story is that Ed will pass the torch to Jeremy by Sept of 2009 or perhaps sooner if they are able to sell their home and relocate. Jeremy will assume ownership of the shop and continue the work on Fieros and may take on some other work as well.
Last I communcated with Ed he had tired of the long hours and the grind of running the business. I would guess that Ed is near retirement age and wants a less stresssful more relaxing lifestyle. Rosy also said that she is looking forward to retirement as well.
While I can understand Ed and Rosys decision I will miss their presence in the mainstream Fiero community but like everything else the old folks retire and the young pop up in their place.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, 3.4" Pulley, N* TB, LS1 MAF, Flotech Exhaust Autolite 104's Custom CAI 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H

Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post04-27-2009 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

Just spoke with Rosy. Ed was busy in the shop so I'll call him back tomorrow. The story is that Ed will pass the torch to Jeremy by Sept of 2009 or perhaps sooner if they are able to sell their home and relocate. Jeremy will assume ownership of the shop and continue the work on Fieros and may take on some other work as well.
Last I communcated with Ed he had tired of the long hours and the grind of running the business. I would guess that Ed is near retirement age and wants a less stresssful more relaxing lifestyle. Rosy also said that she is looking forward to retirement as well.
While I can understand Ed and Rosys decision I will miss their presence in the mainstream Fiero community but like everything else the old folks retire and the young pop up in their place.

I have only been down there once ( its a bit of a drive being several states away, and things happened the last couple of years to make me miss the meet ) but i want to throw out my kudos to Ed for all that he has done for everyone over the years and also wish him the best.

He met me and my dad on a sunday afternoon a couple of years ago to pick up an engine to drag home to get my tired old GT back on the road. No one else would have done that. Great guy.
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2009 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Direct Link to This Post
I was there,sold a few parts, had a great time, hate to see Ed and Rosy go, but I'm happy that Jeremy will be there to take the torch!
smartaxel

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2009 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for smartaxelClick Here to visit smartaxel's HomePageSend a Private Message to smartaxelDirect Link to This Post
It's a shame Ed and Rosy are retiring, but I can't think of a better person then Jeremy to take over. He and Stacey are great, honest people, and will do a heck of a job with things. I've worked/chatted with Jeremy a few times and he knows his stuff.. The Fiero Factory is in good hands.
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2009 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsDirect Link to This Post
Considering where you live it is a distinct possibility since the car (white at that time) spent more than a year in your general location.

Nelson

Originally posted by Will-Martin:

That engine looks VERY familiar.

whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2009 09:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post
here are a few I got.
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

Ratfink

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2009 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RatfinkSend a Private Message to RatfinkDirect Link to This Post
OMG Who is that fat geek with a hat in Your last pic???!!!Why I do believe thats Me!!
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2009 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post
When I look at the pictures of the numerous Fieros on the Fiero Factory lot, I can remember the days not long ago when Ed would be traveling around the country collecting and gathering up almost any Fiero that he could purchase at a decent price. Ed would travel as far as New Jersey and Pennsylvania to buy Fieros. Now with what is probably the largest collection of Fieros in the country; I just wonder what Jeremy will do with it all.

------------------
"THE COLUSSUS"

whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2009 09:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ratfink:

OMG Who is that fat geek with a hat in Your last pic???!!!Why I do believe thats Me!!

LOL

85sliverGT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2009 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85sliverGTSend a Private Message to 85sliverGTDirect Link to This Post
whodeanie- Is there anyway you could send me the high-res versions of your pictures? I would like to save them for my fiero pictures collection. Thanks

zymogenesyst@hotmail.com
PFF
System Bot
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2009 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
A few shots at the Fiero Factory:

Moving a Fiero

The old parts cars

Black GT

carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2009 08:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ratfink:

I'm glad you were specific about which "fat geek" you were talking about!
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2009 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post
That's an interesting way to move a Fiero !

98Aurora

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2009 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 98AuroraSend a Private Message to 98AuroraDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CoolBlue87GT:

That's an interesting way to move a Fiero !

Thats How I always move my Fiero in the Shop I use the Fork Lift!! Its so Easy lol
Paulv

Feedback score:    (68)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2009 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulvSend a Private Message to PaulvDirect Link to This Post
When I was at the swap meet, I spent about an hour or more with Ed to get his past history for a article I am writing for our NIFE Fiero Focus magazine. Ed has a interesting story about how he got into the Fiero business!

BTW, those of you that were at the swap meet, guess how many signatures were on all 3 of his showroom walls! (Only 1 is shown in the pictures below)

------------------

My Web Site www.xnet.com/~paulv
NIFE Web Site ]www.fierofocus.com]

86fakegt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2009 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fakegtSend a Private Message to 86fakegtDirect Link to This Post
although i have only spoken to ed through email once or twice he is a very nice guy and was kind enough to offer the help at the time. im glad to see the biz is still staying

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock