Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Would there be any interest in an '88 specific performance portfolio? (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Would there be any interest in an '88 specific performance portfolio? by FieroFanatic13
Started on: 02-20-2009 03:55 PM
Replies: 44
Last post by: FieroFanatic13 on 04-30-2009 11:18 AM
FieroFanatic13

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2009 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Direct Link to This Post
I've collected quite a few magazine articles and road tests over the years- including the "Fiero Performance Portfolio" book which claims to have virtually all of the road tests done on the Fiero. Well, it is well short of having all of the '88 Fiero road tests as far as I've found.

So I was wondering if there'd be any interest in a "performance portfolio" that focuses on the '88 Fieros being that they are indeed different from the earlier cars? I've not checked into copyright issues or anything yet, but figured it was worth asking about before I went through all of that trouble.

Thanks in advance for opinions!

-Gary
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Greg R

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2009 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Greg RSend a Private Message to Greg RDirect Link to This Post
I would be interested. It would be a good read for everyone, especially if they had an '88.
Good luck with the project.
Greg
ALLTRBO

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2009 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBODirect Link to This Post
Sure. I won't own another pre-'88, so I would find this to be very interesting.

------------------

88 Fiero GT - garage ornament
'96 Talon TSi AWD - 11.9 @ 116, sorta broke again
'90 Camaro IROC-Z twin-turbo - sorta broke again
'85 Kawi 750 Turbo - sorta broke still
'95 Kawi GPZ1100 - 10 second daily driver, heh

sadie goad

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2009 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sadie goadSend a Private Message to sadie goadDirect Link to This Post
I would definitely be interested!

------------------

I'm a poor college student because I modify my cars!

johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2009 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
I would be. 2 x 88 GTs.
fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2009 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by ALLTRBO:

I don't intend to go back either... I'd say go for it. The 88 fiero is a "classic" compared to the other 84-87 fieros.

Just the number "88" makes me feel better...

------------------
fierogt28

88 GT, loaded, 5-speed

rda738

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2009 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rda738Send a Private Message to rda738Direct Link to This Post
Count me in had 85 se, 86 gt, 87gt now a 88 formula best of all of them Dave
FieroFanatic13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2009 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Direct Link to This Post
Just to clarify everyone- in no way is this intended to be a "bash" or "hate on" the '84-'87 cars, lol. I'm just thinking that people interested in the '88's would like a nice compilation of the road tests and reviews on the improved last year Fieros because they really were/are a different animal when compared to the pre '88 cars.

I've collected a lot of stuff on the '88 and definitely have more than the available "Performance Portfolio" contains. I was thinking of including any Fiero Related articles that appeared post production as well- I have several of those as well including some retrospectives and the collectible car article that featured the '89-'90 that never was, etc.

As I said, I still have to be sure I won't be in any legal hot water on anything, so that remains to be seen. But thanks to everyone who's expressed an interest. The cost would be as low as I can keep it.

Further, any input as to what anyone might like to see included would be great. I might even do a write up of some sort to go with the articles along with some Pontiac Press Kit info on the '88's as well.

-Gary
ChuckLS1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2009 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChuckLS1Send a Private Message to ChuckLS1Direct Link to This Post
I would be interested.

------------------
Chuck
88 Formula W/fastback
96 New Yorker

FieroFanatic13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2009 09:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Direct Link to This Post
Okay- So it sounds like I have at least 7 interested parties? There have to be more?

Regardless, I would be willing to put this together even if it's only for the 7 who posted here. My next question would be, what might it be worth to those of you who posted? I'll have to spend some time scanning, reproducing, etc. I'm not making black and white photo copies, but rather color scans and color re-prints of those scans, etc., on heavy stock paper or photo paper depending on the article or information in question (many pics = photo paper, text only = heavy stock). These will be done on a combination inkjet, color laser printer and standard laser printer. They will be put into hard binders and sectioned by type of information. For instance, this is what I have in mind currently:

-'88 Road Tests
-'88 Overview Articles
-'88 GM/Pontiac Press Information (Fiero "re-introduction")
-'88 Power Steering Internal Documents
-'88 Related ads
-'88 Pictures
-Post Production Articles (I have several that relate to the death of the Fiero as well as some "retrospective" articles and other Fiero related tidbits from magazines such as Pontiac Enthusiast, etc., from 1988 through the 90's).

Not looking to make big cash on it, just a bit for my time, materials and postage.

I am pm'ing those who expressed interest here as an FYI.

[This message has been edited by FieroFanatic13 (edited 02-23-2009).]

TopNotch

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2009 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchDirect Link to This Post
It would be interesting if you could also find any data about how an 88 coupe (without rear sway bar) handles compared to an 88 Formula or GT (with rear sway bar). I think my 88 coupe handles quite well. It weighs about 100 lbs less in the back than a GT/Formula, and that should make some kind of difference.
PFF
System Bot
FieroFanatic13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2009 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by TopNotch:

It would be interesting if you could also find any data about how an 88 coupe (without rear sway bar) handles compared to an 88 Formula or GT (with rear sway bar). I think my 88 coupe handles quite well. It weighs about 100 lbs less in the back than a GT/Formula, and that should make some kind of difference.

Sadly, I've not seen a single road test or article where they actually drove a base coupe. Only the Formula and GT. They just mention that "all '88 Fieros got the suspension changes in '88, except for the WS6 cars (GT and Formula) which had different spring rates and a rear sway bar, etc." Wish there was more out there, but finding '88 stuff is a lot like the lottery- I happen upon them by searching regularly and hoping sellers happen to list ALL of the articles or short pieces in a magazine they have listed someplace like e-bay, etc.
TopNotch

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2009 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchDirect Link to This Post
Well, I may get one of your compilations anyhow. And I'll probably get a rear sway bar some day.
traderguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2009 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for traderguySend a Private Message to traderguyDirect Link to This Post
I would be very interested also
FieroFanatic13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2009 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Direct Link to This Post
Just letting anyone interested that I'm going to be checking into the "copyright" issues with this whole deal before I get into hot water, lol. I really want to do this though!
Fiero2m8

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2009 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Direct Link to This Post
I am in the middle of reading/enjoying the Brooklands Pontiac Performance Portfolio 1984-1988
It's the 140 page edition and I like the collection of articles.
Good luck with your 88 collection, sounds interesting.

------------------

Indy Northstar-Stretch ~ LT1-NOS Roadster

qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2009 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaDirect Link to This Post
im in. I love collecting 88 stuff. I grab all I can, when I can.

rob

------------------

88 TTop coupe (96 3.4DOHC/5 speed in progress)
03 Vibe GT. 6spd
05 GTO, LS2, 6spd
01 Sonoma SLS, 5spd, ZQ8 sport suspension

FieroFanatic13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2009 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero2m8:

I am in the middle of reading/enjoying the Brooklands Pontiac Performance Portfolio 1984-1988

Yeah- that's the one I've mentioned that does not include all of the '88 articles (that I've found at least). That's partly why I'm motivated to put this together if I can!
ccfiero350

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2009 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ccfiero350Send a Private Message to ccfiero350Direct Link to This Post
88's is all I have left now. I would be intereset for sure. I would not mind just electronic copies of the articals.

Thanks

------------------
yellow 88 GT, not stock
white 88 notchie, 4 banger

Robert 2

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2009 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Robert 2Send a Private Message to Robert 2Direct Link to This Post
Interested too
Have an 88 GT fully load original matching numbers ( stickers on all body parts ) ' except wing ( don't want one neither )

[This message has been edited by Robert 2 (edited 02-26-2009).]

qcelectron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2009 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qcelectronSend a Private Message to qcelectronDirect Link to This Post
Mine is a '88 yellow gt w/ t-tops. count me in. Good Luck

------------------
JDR

PFF
System Bot
Dan_Seattle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2009 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dan_SeattleSend a Private Message to Dan_SeattleDirect Link to This Post
I'd be in.
FieroFanatic13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2009 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Direct Link to This Post
Sweet- the list is growing!
FieroFanatic13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2009 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero2m8:

Did some quick checking last night- my "Brooklands Pontiac Performance Portfolio 1984-1988" only has THREE '88 related articles in it (The Autocar, Road & Track and Automobile Magazine articles).

I have those three articles PLUS at least FOUR MORE actual Production Period (87-88 vintage) articles from four other magazines (reviews and road tests) along with a few POST production articles on the '88 and then a few Fiero related articles from the 90's and up as well. I also have the '88 press packet, various other items, etc...
FieroFanatic13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2009 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Direct Link to This Post
Just a bump.

This idea is in the works...
FieroBobo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2009 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroBoboSend a Private Message to FieroBoboDirect Link to This Post
I too would be interested,
Since I have 2 white '88 GTs sitting in my driveway.

~Bob

------------------
"Its nice to be important.
Its more important to be nice."

Formula Owner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2009 08:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula OwnerSend a Private Message to Formula OwnerDirect Link to This Post
I would be interested. Do you have the Autoweek article. True to form, I tossed out this issue a couple of months before I came across my Formula.
FieroFanatic13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2009 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula Owner:

I would be interested. Do you have the Autoweek article. True to form, I tossed out this issue a couple of months before I came across my Formula.

Which autoweek article? The two parter regarding the Fiero from the early 90's? Or a road test issue?
Formula Owner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2009 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula OwnerSend a Private Message to Formula OwnerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroFanatic13:

Which autoweek article? The two parter regarding the Fiero from the early 90's? Or a road test issue?

The road test article. Probably from 87. As I recall it was a yellow GT w/T-tops.
FieroFanatic13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2009 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Direct Link to This Post

The road test article. Probably from 87. As I recall it was a yellow GT w/T-tops.

I'll have to look to be sure. If I don't, I will try to find one!

-Gary
FieroFanatic13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2009 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Direct Link to This Post

FieroFanatic13

3521 posts
Member since Jul 2006
Found the Autoweek on e-bay and bought it.
PFF
System Bot
rda738

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2009 08:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rda738Send a Private Message to rda738Direct Link to This Post
update ?
Formula Owner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2009 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula OwnerSend a Private Message to Formula OwnerDirect Link to This Post
OK. I'm interested. What's the price?
FieroFanatic13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2009 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Direct Link to This Post

OK. I'm interested. What's the price?

I'm trying to figure that part out. I wanted to do it in color on decent paper stock rather than trashy black and white photo copy stuff like most of the "Brooklands" road test compilation is. I also have to watch out for copyright issues, so I'm trying to check into that as well so I don't get stuck in some kind of legal situation over selling these. It might have to be a "shipping and handling only" type deal, if you get my drift.

I'll keep posting here and keep everyone updated. The longest part of it will be doing the scanning/archiving.

-Gary
FieroFanatic13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2009 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Direct Link to This Post
Just a bump.

Still working on putting this together. Getting the magazine people to respond to anything has been more than frustrating! I'm about to say "forget it" and just put them together and just hope I don't get sued or something!
Idaho_Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2009 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Idaho_FieroSend a Private Message to Idaho_FieroDirect Link to This Post
I don't know how I missed this. I'd also be interested since I have 2 '88s now.

Wes
fierocarparts

Feedback score:    (66)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2009 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ALLTRBO:

Amen Brudda! Put me in for one. Got both Formula and GT.

------------------
Why fight to be accepted by people you don't actually want to be like?

FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2009 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTDirect Link to This Post
Yes, PDF it.
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2009 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
fantastic idea... I'd buy one for sure... possibly two if the price met what we normally spend for a club X-mas gift exchange.

As for being sued... it would seem hard to sue for something that you actually 'lost' money on

------------------

<---- did you buy Cliff a beer?

88wht-t-top

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2009 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88wht-t-topSend a Private Message to 88wht-t-topDirect Link to This Post
I would also be interested, I've owned 4 GT's, a 86 1/2, 2 87's and my current 88 t-top

John
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock