Started on: 02-10-2009 12:09 AM
Replies: 31
Last post by: Mickey_Moose on 09-23-2009 02:57 PM
Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2009 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTDirect Link to This Post
Anyone ordered anything from Fieroaddiction (Rockcrawl) in a while? I ordered the 84-87 Coilover kit about a week ago and emailed him a couple of times and haven't heard anything back from him. I was just checking to see when it might ship out. No negative comments about him or anything just wondering if everything was going ok his way. Only reason I was concerned is I paypal'd him some money for it and just wanted to know when to expect.

Thanks,
Amir

------------------

1 of 2: Graphite Grey Pearl 87 GT 5 spd: 2.8L (Best 1/4 mile: 15.57@87mph, 2.0 60ft)
2 of 2: Ferrari Red 88 Formula/4T65EHD: 97 GTP Motor (Best 1/4 mile: 12.0@118mph, 1.89 60ft w/True Street Radial Tires not Drag Radials!)
NEW ENGINE SETUP COMING SOON! STAY TUNED!!!

My CarDomain Site
My Friend Garrod's CarDomain Site

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Austrian Import

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2009 02:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post
I haven't heard much from him in the Wilwood 13" Big brake kit thread either, nor in PM's. Hope he is okay. :worried:

Rare87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2009 08:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTDirect Link to This Post
bump....
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2009 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
I dropped an email last week about one of his parts I want to buy....havent heard anything yet
Sphynx

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2009 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SphynxSend a Private Message to SphynxDirect Link to This Post
I had been trying to e-mail him for the past 2 months or so. I finally received a reply about two weeks ago. I'm sure he's pretty busy as he said he wish he had the time to e-mail sooner. I just e-mailed him again to see if he's all right.
nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2009 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracDirect Link to This Post
I ordered some 3800 low mount brackets from him and received them in about 2 weeks. They did not respond to any of my email inquiries about the order. Seems that they don't respond to email very well but I did get the parts in a timely fasion. Also,I did get a email confirmation saing the parts were shipped.
Rare87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2009 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nosrac:

I ordered some 3800 low mount brackets from him and received them in about 2 weeks. They did not respond to any of my email inquiries about the order. Seems that they don't respond to email very well but I did get the parts in a timely fasion. Also,I did get a email confirmation saing the parts were shipped.

I'm sure that's the case. I'm not worried at all, just wanted to make sure my order went through. It's only been a week, but a quick email would help just to clear up any unforseen issues. I'll hopefully get a confirmation within the week, wanted to have these coilovers on by next weekend.
Rare87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2009 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTDirect Link to This Post
Still no confirmation from him. I tried calling him too and it just rang and rang.......
steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2009 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Direct Link to This Post
There is no reason to not apply the basics of smart shopping to our "inter-forum" purchases. Cancell your paypal deposit if you can ---- You will probably hear from him shortly after!
Fiero38SC

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2009 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero38SCSend a Private Message to Fiero38SCDirect Link to This Post
John is a #1 top guy in my book. It is possible that he is just busy and may not have all of the parts everyone has ordered on hand. It is not unreasonable to take 2-3 weeks to ship custom parts.

Yes, I agree that you should have heard something, but I know he is not out to rip anyone off.

Jason
Madscanner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2009 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadscannerSend a Private Message to MadscannerDirect Link to This Post
I had some stuff from him in November no problem, and had notification from him that the parts were on the way.

They arrived in good time - other than that, I can't comment much, as I didn't try to contact him after ordering.

PFF
System Bot
Rare87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2009 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero38SC:

John is a #1 top guy in my book. It is possible that he is just busy and may not have all of the parts everyone has ordered on hand. It is not unreasonable to take 2-3 weeks to ship custom parts.

Yes, I agree that you should have heard something, but I know he is not out to rip anyone off.

Jason

I know John is a good guy, I have been on this forum long enough to know that. I guess in my business a follow up or quick email is all it takes to ease someones mind. Again I understand if it takes 2-3 weeks for custom parts, just didn't know if it was normal for him to be slow on emails. I had never ordered from his website, so that's why I am asking my fellow friends on here what experience they had with him in the past on confirmation and delivery time.

[This message has been edited by Rare87GT (edited 02-12-2009).]

Fiero_Adam

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2009 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_AdamSend a Private Message to Fiero_AdamDirect Link to This Post
Same here. I sent an email over a week ago with no reply.
Carver1

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2009 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Carver1Send a Private Message to Carver1Direct Link to This Post
I have been waiting on a reply since last SUMMER! After several emails, I finally got an email that said he would answer my question soon. That was months ago. It would have been quicker to answer than to send an email saying he would do it later. I would lover to do business with them, but can't get any response. Kinda sad....
sabooo

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2009 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for saboooSend a Private Message to saboooDirect Link to This Post
Call him in the evening instead of email'ing.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2009 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post
As far as I know Jon doesn't do his Fiero business full time. He's also enjoyed a very good reputaion over many years so I highly doubt if anyone won't get what they ordered from him. It must be remembered that most of what Jon sells are custom made parts done in small lots or one at a time. I would say that unles he happens to have the parts on the shelf, one month is a fair delivery time.
One guy in my club waited 5 months for a set of SS WCF headers. They delivered but due to their workload and the custom fabrication nature of the parts, it took that long.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, 3.4" Pulley, N* TB, LS1 MAF, Flotech Exhaust Autolite 104's Custom CAI 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
87GT - 3.4L Turbocharged engine, modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Carver1

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2009 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Carver1Send a Private Message to Carver1Direct Link to This Post
I'm not at all slamming the guy. I plan on buying the parts I need. I was just wanting some clarification on the application. Having one of a kind items for sale lets you get away with alot. If someone was selling common items, they would be out of business quickly without contact with customers.
Anyone know if the 4.9L mounts for the 88 cradle are compatible with the 88 mounts for the caddy automatic transmission? Can they be used together? It seems like a simple question, but an important one.
Rare87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2009 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTDirect Link to This Post
Well I got my 84-87 Coilover setup in the mail today. I ordered it around Feb. 1st, so it was very quick just wish he had a better follow up in the middle somewhere.

Thanks,
Amir
A1MEFGT8488

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2009 03:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for A1MEFGT8488Send a Private Message to A1MEFGT8488Direct Link to This Post
I'm glad you got yours. I've also placed an order of 3 items from John. I sent him my memcal for 3800 series II with my payments before the end of last month. The only thing I forgot to do after placing the order was to click on the bottom "confirm" button down below, so i just did that last 2 days and received my order# in my email. I know he is probably busy at his shop completing many rare parts. Its understandable I'm in no rush at all as I am trying to complete my engine build and body work.
Chris
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2009 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post
Any news from Fieroaddiction?

I would really like to buy parts from him, but he doesn't seem to respond to emails, or PM"s.
I don't want to bug him with phone calls if he has a busy family life.

Is he still selling parts?

[This message has been edited by Austrian Import (edited 08-25-2009).]

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2009 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post
Last we heard Jon Lagler has left the Fiero parts business. His website has been down for quite a while. I hope that I am wrong as he made some really good stuff.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, 3.4" Pulley, N* TB, LS1 MAF, Flotech Exhaust Autolite 104's Custom CAI 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

PFF
System Bot
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2009 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
That really sucks, I was gearing up to buy his coil over kit...

------------------

Check out my build!
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000100.html

falcon_ca

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2009 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for falcon_caSend a Private Message to falcon_caDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

Last we heard Jon Lagler has left the Fiero parts business. His website has been down for quite a while. I hope that I am wrong as he made some really good stuff.

I hope you are wrong !

I sent him my 4.9 memcal in April and ordered 4.9 engine bracket and mount, I paid, and I aint received anything yet.
His last e-mail, at the beginning of July, was talking about problems with the post office.

He is not answering to the phone and he is not ansmering to e-mails either. Someone gave me his cell phone number and I get no answer either.

I just hope he is too busy to take care of his Fiero business these days, and I did not have to forget about my money and my memcal.

------------------
"I'm not driving too fast, . . . I'm just flying too low."

4.9 ongoing project

[This message has been edited by falcon_ca (edited 08-25-2009).]

falcon_ca

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2009 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for falcon_caSend a Private Message to falcon_caDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

That really sucks, I was gearing up to buy his coil over kit...

and I was also ready to order a big brake kit....

87GT2M6

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2009 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Direct Link to This Post
Have you guys tried to contact him via eBay. He seems to have two thinks up for sale and his eBay store is active.
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2009 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87GT2M6:

Have you guys tried to contact him via eBay. He seems to have two thinks up for sale and his eBay store is active.

Yes, we should try that next.
At least a yes, or no answer would help. He kind of left us hanging.

It seems that he doesn't respond to any form of communication.

Hope he's alright.
Dracor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2009 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DracorSend a Private Message to DracorDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by falcon_ca:

and I was also ready to order a big brake kit....

x2 Now I have to get something with less stopping power that will cost more.

------------------
'84 3800SC, XP cam, 3.2 pully, HPTuners, N* TB, 4sp, SPEC 3+ clutch, Aluminium flywheel, pacesetter headers, F355 body kit, weight reduction

falcon_ca

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2009 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for falcon_caSend a Private Message to falcon_caDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87GT2M6:

I did today. Waiting

[This message has been edited by falcon_ca (edited 08-27-2009).]

falcon_ca

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2009 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for falcon_caSend a Private Message to falcon_caDirect Link to This Post

falcon_ca

1291 posts
Member since Dec 2007
Jon answered my eBay message.

He wrote " ... I am no longer taking orders for Fiero parts, but I will still support any previous sales..."

Now we know.

------------------
"I'm not driving too fast, . . . I'm just flying too low."

4.9 ongoing project

[This message has been edited by falcon_ca (edited 08-27-2009).]

falcon_ca

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2009 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for falcon_caSend a Private Message to falcon_caDirect Link to This Post
Rockcrawl sent me my order and I received it today.

Thanks Jon

Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2009 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugDirect Link to This Post
Glad you got your parts!
It's too bad he's dropping the Fiero, he has some real nice parts that I would have been looking to purchase.

Nolan

[This message has been edited by Sourmug (edited 09-22-2009).]

PFF
System Bot
Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2009 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by falcon_ca:

Jon answered my eBay message.

He wrote " ... I am no longer taking orders for Fiero parts, but I will still support any previous sales..."

Now we know.

...so I guess that means all my NOS Rockcrawl parts that I haven't bother to install yet are going to be worth a small fortune (hey that is the same attitude that some people are taking with Pontiacs).

[This message has been edited by Mickey_Moose (edited 09-23-2009).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock