Keyless Entry System by 87FastbackGT
Started on: 01-29-2009 09:18 AM
Replies: 11
Last post by: Austrian Import on 03-10-2010 07:15 PM
87FastbackGT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2009 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87FastbackGTSend a Private Message to 87FastbackGTDirect Link to This Post
I am looking to just get something to unlock my doors. Something that comes with nice directions that will get me through the install. I would like to keep it under $60 if possible. It would be nice to be able to pop the trunk too.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
chrismclubm

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2009 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chrismclubmSend a Private Message to chrismclubmDirect Link to This Post
Do you have the power door motors installed? Take a look at my website on how I installed after-market motors.

The instruction manual of the keyless entry system you purchased should be sufficient to install the keyless entry mini-computer... Simply mix and match the wire colours.

------------------
1986 GT Fiero Owner & Enthusiast
For Fiero updates, visit my site and don't forget visit our google ad sponsors
http://educatorstop15.com/fieropage.htm

Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2009 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post
Does any company make aftermarket keyless entry systems, like this one:

It unlocks the doors when a person with the fob is close to the car, and locks then when they walk away. And it's not necessary to to put a key in the ignition. One can just turn it, or use a start button.
87FastbackGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2009 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87FastbackGTSend a Private Message to 87FastbackGTDirect Link to This Post
I already have power locks. I just want to add key less entry. That is all.
87FastbackGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2010 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87FastbackGTSend a Private Message to 87FastbackGTDirect Link to This Post
I finally got key-less entry installed. It was $135 for the system and installation. Not too bad. Now I can lock my doors!
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2010 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post
For others....
http://www.michiganfieroclub.com/files/keyless.pdf

I installed a similar module and it was a piece of cake. Jack's info is basically the same experience I had. Hopefully this info is helpful to others

J.
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2010 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
Craigslist has nice sysrtems for cheap
crazyd

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 140
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2010 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crazydClick Here to visit crazyd's HomePageSend a Private Message to crazydDirect Link to This Post
Craiglinky?

The most important thing about a keyless entry system on a Fiero is you need to get one with separate lock/unlock buttons, and preferably one that is wired into the ignition that locks/unlocks when you start/stop the engine. That old JC Shitney unit (I used to have one) will drive you nuts because it has only two buttons, one for the doors and one for the trunk. I never really knew whether I was locking it or unlocking it, so I'd have to check the door handle to make sure. If you have the separate buttons and your locks are a little sticky, like most Fieros are, you can hit the "lock" button a couple times to make sure it locked. Some units can even be programmed to fire the lock relays twice automatically. Having the ignition lock/unlock is good because it gives the lock mechanism the exercise it needs to keep from getting sticky. If you have power locks and it won't lock the driver's door with two or less button pushes you might as well take the doors apart now and lube them up before you bother installing keyless entry, or you'll just end up using the key anyway.

------------------

- Electron Blue '88 GT ZZ430 V8 5-speed (430hp): Before After ZZ430 V8/Ram-Port FI--Wanna Race? See Archie build it here on the Forum!
Pics, Vids, Specs & more at the ZZ430 Fiero webpage
- Silver '88 GT 5-speed w/cammed 3.4 (160hp)
- LS1 6-speed C5 Corvette Roadster (475hp)
- LT4 6-speed C4 Corvette Roadster (350hp)
- '92 Grand Prix GTP 3.4 DOHC 284 5-speed (215hp)
- '08 Baja Reaction 150 CVT (10hp)

[This message has been edited by crazyd (edited 03-10-2010).]

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2010 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Austrian Import:

Does any company make aftermarket keyless entry systems, like this one:

Yes that is called a proximity system and there are aftermarket systems like that.

Here is one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...ZCarQ5fAudioQ5fVideo

Pete Matos

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2010 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosDirect Link to This Post
This is a cool idea, I would like to do this to my fiero GT. How difficult is it to install this? If I am understanding this right you can lock or unlock the doors remotely but unlike the door latch remotes you still have to open the door manually. This is what I would like and if there is an alarm of decent quality included that would be real nice too.... Does anyone here have one they installed themselves? How hard was it to install and how much did it cost, where did you get it? Thanks and peace

Pete

TommyRocker

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2010 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TommyRockerSend a Private Message to TommyRockerDirect Link to This Post
Pete...are you any good with wiring?
PFF
System Bot
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2010 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

Yes that is called a proximity system and there are aftermarket systems like that.

Here is one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...ZCarQ5fAudioQ5fVideo

Thanks for the linky on the proximity system.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock