Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  It's Snowing in Houston...I'm getting the F***! (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
It's Snowing in Houston...I'm getting the F***! by jscott1
Started on: 12-10-2008 09:03 PM
Replies: 61
Last post by: solotwo on 12-05-2009 11:52 PM
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2008 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
It doesn't happen often, only the second time I can recall in the 14 years since I lived here...but it's SNOWING!

Proud-3 is getting snowed on:

Oh well it's supposed to be in the 60s by tomorrow, so I won't worry too much.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2008 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

Here too. Heard a bunch of commotion outside and finally got up to look outside. Everyone around was outside going nuts.
sabooo

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2008 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for saboooSend a Private Message to saboooDirect Link to This Post
Have a friend in town from Houston, he is upset that he is here in PA missing out on the snow down there.... I'll take Irony for $500 please...
Bradley Jay

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2008 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bradley JaySend a Private Message to Bradley JayDirect Link to This Post
Snowing here in Katy, but not enough for it to collect on the ground, sadly.
Max The Chainsaw

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2008 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Max The ChainsawClick Here to visit Max The Chainsaw's HomePageSend a Private Message to Max The ChainsawDirect Link to This Post
hehehe Well, some of the Texas people were asking what this snow stuff we talk about was. I guess they asked for it.

As a side note, yesterday it was in the 50's here in Illinois. Who'd a thunk it.

Max
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2008 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
Yeppers!

Did that here yesterday - 60 and sunny today. It's coming your way........

Pat
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2008 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Max The Chainsaw:

hehehe Well, some of the Texas people were asking what this snow stuff we talk about was. I guess they asked for it.

As a side note, yesterday it was in the 50's here in Illinois. Who'd a thunk it.

Max

Well those that didn't get out and play in the snow for the 15 minutes it was falling will be disappointed when it's close to 60F tomorrow!

fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2008 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post
This is the kind of weather we had last Sunday. Had virtually nothing up till now.

Where's the global warming in Alaska where this is blowing in from???

.... and there's a deep freeze moving in this weekend. These are the daytime HIGH temperatures
Overnight temps will be below -30. The white line is the normal temp for this time of year.

Won't be working on the Indy (unheated garage). Definitely won't be driving it for a while.

------------------

3.4L S/C 87 GT www.fierosound.com
2002/2003/2004 World of Wheels Winner &
Multiple IASCA Stereo Award Winner
My SD4 Indy www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/096075.html

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 12-10-2008).]

fierosound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2008 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post

fierosound

15147 posts
Member since Nov 1999
oops

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 12-10-2008).]

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2008 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierosound:

This is the kind of weather we had last Sunday. Had virtually nothing up till now.

This was our weekend weather...

pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2008 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
thats a sin leaving that inday in the snow lol
PFF
System Bot
Dash

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2008 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DashSend a Private Message to DashDirect Link to This Post
psht thats nothing
here in wisconsin it was FOUR
yes, FOUR
and snowing
and over the past few days we've been gettin snow like mad. my notchies has yet to see it, or come into contact with it. the jeep on the other hand, the jeep gets hell *sinister laught
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2008 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

I know--but my new house and shop aren't finished yet--and it doesn't exactly snow here often-- about every 3rd odd numbered blue moon.

Xanth

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 174
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2008 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XanthSend a Private Message to XanthDirect Link to This Post
It was 7 here about two days ago, today it was 60.

[This message has been edited by Xanth (edited 12-10-2008).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2008 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Xanth:

I was 7 here about two days ago, today it was 60.

Belated Happy Birthday!!!
(Aren't you a little young to be driving a Fiero?)

Xanth

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 174
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2008 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XanthSend a Private Message to XanthDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Belated Happy Birthday!!!
(Aren't you a little young to be driving a Fiero?)

Whoops! Lol, all fixed
pumpkincarriage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2008 12:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pumpkincarriageSend a Private Message to pumpkincarriageDirect Link to This Post
We got that here yesterday... not the first time Orange has seen snow, but probably the most it's been under since I've owned it. I was driving home from work when it started and couldn't figure out what was hitting the windshield

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2008 12:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

At first I thought you were talking about mine, but with the wrong wheels, wrong decklid, and missing the decals and emblems it's not recognizable as an Indy.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2008 01:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

At first I thought you were talking about mine, but with the wrong wheels, wrong decklid, and missing the decals and emblems it's not recognizable as an Indy.

lol i was talking about bot of them i can tell by the ground effects around the bottom

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2008 03:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

.... and there's a deep freeze moving in this weekend. These are the daytime HIGH temperatures
Overnight temps will be below -30. The white line is the normal temp for this time of year.

This same weather system (although not as cold here) is supposed to hit the coast this weekend with snow predicted everywhere including the Vancouver area. Damn, it's going to ruin the banana crop.

ohioindy

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2008 05:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ohioindyClick Here to visit ohioindy's HomePageSend a Private Message to ohioindyDirect Link to This Post
OK
Enough of the Indys in the snow pics….

------------------
Factory Stock
The way God intended it to be.

PFF
System Bot
FieroFanatic13

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2008 08:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Direct Link to This Post
I just thought I'd chime in and say how much fun it is to watch people from "down south" try to drive up here this time of year. We've gotten nearly 15 inches in the last three days and had about 6 before that fell! Some of our students here at the University are from out of state- they are easy to spot in this weather, lol.
fierohoho

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2008 08:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierohohoSend a Private Message to fierohohoDirect Link to This Post
Aaaaaaaaaargh, run for your lives, it's GLOBAL WARMING.
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2008 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroFanatic13:

I just thought I'd chime in and say how much fun it is to watch people from "down south" try to drive up here this time of year. We've gotten nearly 15 inches in the last three days and had about 6 before that fell! Some of our students here at the University are from out of state- they are easy to spot in this weather, lol.

Ad the reverse is true, too. I was in San Francisco and it snowed. CHP was zigzagging on the freeways keeping speeds below 45, multiple accidents, and me - driving sideways down the road, doing a perfect fishtail!
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2008 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
we had a pretty nasty snow storm roll through a few nights ago tried taking my fiero out in it and i love the way it handeled .
slinger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2008 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for slingerSend a Private Message to slingerDirect Link to This Post
HAHA How you like it?
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post12-11-2008 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
Gotta agree. Original from Detroit. Used to take my old 2M4 out on Lake St. Clair. Heard the "You're not going out there in that thing!" remark more than once. Just keep the revs up, and powerslide your way to orgasm. The thick stuff was trouble. But a dusting was grounds for smoking a, whoops, family site, then tearing up the streets at the crazy pace of 10 mph sideways. Nothing I ever had owned was as much fun in the whitestuff. Those giant 13 inch tires were something else. Maybe they were 14's. Anyway, just wished that I still had that beater for the winter.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2008 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
Unfortunately the morning commute was a complete nightmare as all major bridges and overpasses were closed due to a microscopic layer of ice. It was all gone as soon as the sun came up, but by that time the damage was done.

BekaintaFunk

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2008 02:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BekaintaFunkSend a Private Message to BekaintaFunkDirect Link to This Post
oh yea hey whatdya know, it snowed here too...
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2008 02:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by BekaintaFunk:

oh yea hey whatdya know, it snowed here too...

Snow in Buffalo in December??? Who woulda thunk it?

fieroX

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 372
Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2008 02:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroXSend a Private Message to fieroXDirect Link to This Post
Ready....Set....

GLOBAL WARMING????

Where you at Al Gore?

Oh wait http://geography.about.com/...ues/a/nexticeage.htm
PFF
System Bot
fierosound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2008 09:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post

To our American friends... the chart above looks much worse than it is.
Those temps are in Celsius, so the temps range is from 30F to -5F in our forecast.

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 12-12-2008).]

hklvette

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2008 09:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hklvetteSend a Private Message to hklvetteDirect Link to This Post
Its been cold and snowy in VA as well. More snow already than we had all last year or the year before that. After getting new rubber under the '86, it handles the white stuff great. On really bad days, the beater jeep comes out to play.
Mister

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2008 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterDirect Link to This Post

Yesterday, just b4 the "snow" hits the fan with 10 more cm I went for a drive west to the snowy peaks of Mount Norquay. Took this video going down the mountain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkuydbr4SbU

(Posted on my "Go west" Thread)

------------------

T-Top ~HUD~LEDs ~Indy Scoop~Carputer~Reverse lights

[This message has been edited by Mister (edited 12-12-2008).]

30+mpg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2008 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 30+mpgSend a Private Message to 30+mpgDirect Link to This Post
One snow storm. Some people are running around saying "The sky is falling." Others, it's the sign global warming is officially over. Happens most winters.
Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2008 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mister:

... (Posted on my "Go west" Thread)

Can't find it. Got a link?
fierosound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2008 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 30+mpg:

One snow storm. Some people are running around saying "The sky is falling." Others, it's the sign global warming is officially over. Happens most winters.

... and with a few hot days during the summer, Gore is running around yelling that the end of the world is coming...

Primaris

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2008 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PrimarisClick Here to visit Primaris's HomePageSend a Private Message to PrimarisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroX:

Ready....Set....

GLOBAL WARMING????

Where you at Al Gore?

Oh wait http://geography.about.com/...ues/a/nexticeage.htm

I'll join you in handing out unpopular links:
http://www.junkscience.com/index.html
http://everyman.mu.nu/archives/179716.php
Great Global Warming Swindle (Documentary. Complete I believe)

I feel since Gore got a Nobel Peace prize it actually taints all previous awards.

------------------
My Car Site
www.flexyourrights.com
Just say NO!! to Automatic Transmissions!!

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2008 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Primaris:

I feel since Gore got a Nobel Peace prize it actually taints all previous awards.

It was tainted for me already when I found out Adolf Hitler was nominated for a Peace Price in 1939.
Primaris

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2008 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PrimarisClick Here to visit Primaris's HomePageSend a Private Message to PrimarisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

It was tainted for me already when I found out Adolf Hitler was nominated for a Peace Price in 1939.

I'm going to have to look up the details of his nomination. Was it by chance related to the Global Warming craze, er I mean Eugenics craze prior to WW2?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock