Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  WOW.... JimmyS - The SAILPANELS Are AWESOME!

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

WOW.... JimmyS - The SAILPANELS Are AWESOME! by Back On Holiday
Started on: 08-14-2008 09:38 PM
Replies: 22
Last post by: JimmyS on 05-04-2009 06:14 PM
Back On Holiday

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2008 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayDirect Link to This Post
I just recieved my sail panels today, and WOW I love them! - I got the sample black painted ones, I went to the garage, test fitted the dr side one using painters tape, and added a test fitting Grand Am GT logo I got at the junkyard over the weekend, and they look GREAT!

heres what they look like:

and the links to jimmyS's progress
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/069526.html
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/043053.html
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2008 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post
Looks great. I'm glad he is making great progress with his design.
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2008 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post
I'm glad your happy with them. I tried to take great care in making sure they had the same curves as the stock OEM panels.

I can't wait to see them finished and installed on your car.

Thanks again for your purchase.

Jim

------------------

Sail Panel Window Alternative https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/043053.html
My best advice when it comes to your Fiero is to "NOT" do any dealings with www.kitcarman.com
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...070315-1-061575.html <~ The drama with kitcarman
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/078336.html <~ finishing and fixing kitcarmans mess
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/079860.html <~ re-do after kitcarmans motor blew up.

Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2008 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayDirect Link to This Post
Bump for a great product!
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2008 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post
When I heard about this project, I was wondering about the edges of the cutout and how sharp they would be. Now I see they are heat rounded for a smooth edge.
dudewithoutfiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2008 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dudewithoutfieroSend a Private Message to dudewithoutfieroDirect Link to This Post
they are actually fiberglass, but are well made and a great idae from Jimmys. i am glad they are starting to sell for him. i just wish that my car was a fastback i would have bought the first set.
Dave E Bouy

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2008 08:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave E BouySend a Private Message to Dave E BouyDirect Link to This Post
WOW is right!!! Those look really really nice.

[This message has been edited by Dave E Bouy (edited 08-16-2008).]

JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2008 08:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

When I heard about this project, I was wondering about the edges of the cutout and how sharp they would be. Now I see they are heat rounded for a smooth edge.

They arent heat rounded. When I made the plug for the fiberglass mold, I rounded the edges. I also did this on the set that is on my car. This accomplishes 2 things. 1st, if you cover them with material (like I did) it prevents the edges from cutting into the material and second if makes a nice finished looking edge when painted.

Being that these are fibeglass they should last for many many many years.
Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2008 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayDirect Link to This Post
I gotta say these positive things: First, since they are fiberglass you can paint them any color you want to match or not match your car however your customizing it. second, if you have ever worked on a GT w/o the sail panels in the rear clip, you know how much easier it is to reach your hands through that opening to work on, these allow you to do that and you still have sail panels!. Third, this guy is making them, shipping them, and theres no "Waiting". Fourth, these Vs. OEM Replicals - if your doing a restore to original, or your car is original look etc and need OEM to keep the look, sure these are probably not for you, but with all the customized Fieros out there now, these panels allow you to customize your look much more (painting, modifying etc)
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post08-16-2008 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post
Yes, they do look great, exactly what i was trying to achieve on my own with sheet-metal..

If i only had the spare cash id get a set .. grr!
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2008 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Nurb432:

Yes, they do look great, exactly what i was trying to achieve on my own with sheet-metal..

If i only had the spare cash id get a set .. grr!

Will a "lay away" plan help?
PFF
System Bot
Nurb432

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post08-16-2008 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by JimmyS:

Will a "lay away" plan help?

Hopefully with a bit of luck i can save up the 200 before you run out. Between getting my kid back in school, and some 'extra' spent on tooling this week i need to cut back a little.
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2008 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Nurb432:

Hopefully with a bit of luck i can save up the 200 before you run out. Between getting my kid back in school, and some 'extra' spent on tooling this week i need to cut back a little.

I will never run out per say. I have 5 in hand and 5 more ready for pick up. The deal I made with my fiberglass guy is I can only pick up 5 at a time. I will always have 5 ready for pick up when I run out of in hand stock.
Nurb432

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post08-16-2008 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

I will never run out per say. I have 5 in hand and 5 more ready for pick up. The deal I made with my fiberglass guy is I can only pick up 5 at a time. I will always have 5 ready for pick up when I run out of in hand stock.

Cool, then as soon as its feasible ill send you a note.

Billybo455

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2008 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Billybo455Send a Private Message to Billybo455Direct Link to This Post
can you make me a set with scoops?
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2008 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Billybo455:

can you make me a set with scoops?

I probably could but to be honest... It's not in my budget right now. Doesn't the Fiero Store sell them with scoops?

I am working on something else (to compliment the sail windows) with my fiberglass guy and I will reveal that once I have 1 finished and installed so I can take pics.
Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2009 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayDirect Link to This Post
I gotta say, the ONLY reason why I didnt install these on my 87GT was because I finally got my ms.lori windows in the custom blue tint and graphics.
Vendetta

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2009 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VendettaSend a Private Message to VendettaDirect Link to This Post
I have his windows too and i love them! Great product!

Austin

JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2009 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post
WOW Vendetta, those look great on there!

I'm glad you like them. Could you email me some high res pics of them installed. I would like to add the pics to www.fierofiberglass.com

------------------

Click here for all your Fiberglass part needs

Vendetta

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2009 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VendettaSend a Private Message to VendettaDirect Link to This Post

WOW Vendetta, those look great on there!

I'm glad you like them. Could you email me some high res pics of them installed. I would like to add the pics to www.fierofiberglass.com

Yeah. No problem. I'm out of town at my girlfriends parents house but when i get back ill wash her and take some nice pictures.

Austin
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2009 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post
No problem.

Thanks again

Jim
PFF
System Bot
DougC

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2009 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DougCSend a Private Message to DougCDirect Link to This Post
Those just look better and better each time I see them installed. Can't wait to save up the money to get a set!
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2009 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DougC:

Those just look better and better each time I see them installed. Can't wait to save up the money to get a set!

Save up quick and take advantage of the 20% off sale we are having at www.fierofiberglass.com for the entire month of June.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock