A Few small Changes to my GT by 88_Fiero_2M4
Started on: 08-06-2007 10:18 PM
Replies: 20
Last post by: IVANNATINKLE on 08-25-2009 02:28 AM
88_Fiero_2M4

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2007 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88_Fiero_2M4Send a Private Message to 88_Fiero_2M4Direct Link to This Post
Well I have had a Friend of mine working on my GT and well since I dont have much spare cash its slow but its starting to look like what its going to be. Project Little Dreamer is under way but being delayed due to a few componets that I cant seem to get ordered. Here one can see the wing stands and Chin Spoiler are installed and my Friend is going to glass the chin spoiler on so there is no seem. Also the Corvette stile cowl induction piece is being worked on as it was kinda off center a little.
But here are some pictures of whats been done so far.

A debate between a few family memvbers and Friends on to what colors it will be painted is going on but look for a good suprise when its done.

------------------
Don Pottorff
Maroon 88 GT
Red 88 2M4
Silver 86 2M4
Red 85 GT 1:18 Scale

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
88_Fiero_2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2007 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88_Fiero_2M4Send a Private Message to 88_Fiero_2M4Direct Link to This Post
I would also like to thank Doug at the Fiero Warehouse as this project got a good start with the wing stands and the chin spoiler. At a later time i will also be getting his tinted sail glass as well. Jay tells me that the front spoiler is a good fit and I found that the wing stands were very easy to install as they were already fitted with all they needed to be installed. Makes cleaning under the wing alot easer as I can now fit my hand with the shami skin under it to get all the water off of it. also I noiced it seems to handle a little better as the wing is now up in the wind instead of the wake of the roof. I do however need to do some suspension work as it has let me find out when I took it for a drive the last time. above 100 it starts to wonder a little. The suspention is worn out as no one before me had ever taken care of this car. It needs alot of TLC to bring it back to where it should be.
$Rich$

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 397
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2007 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Direct Link to This Post
looks like your making progress, you should find some stock GT wheels, they would look a dozen times better,
and stock wing stands

------------------

AIM:Onefast2M8
86 GT SC 3800 Intercooled
02 Jetta 1.8t

88_Fiero_2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2007 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88_Fiero_2M4Send a Private Message to 88_Fiero_2M4Direct Link to This Post
As far as the stock Wheels they are on my 88 Coupe. I do have another set of GT wheels laying around but I was going to get a differant set of wheels when I can. I too dont really like those three point wheels but Its all I could get for a trade with a friend.
As far as the Wing stands they are staying. I rather like the looks of the taller wing. Granted sitting still it dosent look all that but when its moving it looks good. I have the stock stands but may I remind you I didnt like haveing the trouble of trying to dry off the under side of the wing after washing it with them on there. They were to short.
Winkie

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2007 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WinkieClick Here to visit Winkie's HomePageSend a Private Message to WinkieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88_Fiero_2M4:

I do however need to do some suspension work as it has let me find out when I took it for a drive the last time. above 100 it starts to wonder a little.

This may have something to do with the suspension but also it probably has something to do with the pressure that builds up under the hood. I am installing a hood vent and i cut the hole in the hood for it and took it for a ride (because i like driving it so much). It might just be me but i think it makes a BIG difference.

I also have that chin spoiler and i really like it. It did take a little persuasion (sp?) to get it on but it wasn't to bad.

[This message has been edited by Winkie (edited 08-06-2007).]

88_Fiero_2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2007 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88_Fiero_2M4Send a Private Message to 88_Fiero_2M4Direct Link to This Post
I will be putting on the Corvette cowl induction piece from Pisa as well. We will be cutting out a piece of the hood under it just like Skitime did with his. I have the scoop and Jay tells me that he will be putting it on sometime this week if he can find time to do so. That will solve some of the issues as well as that Chin spoiler. I havent dirvin it since the chin spoiler was put on and Havent seen it eather as the Pictures you see were taken by Jay when he installed it. So I really dont know how it alone has effected the handleing of the car.
On another note Jay said that he used ten bolts to bolt on the chin spoiler. He wanted it to be fixed on as well as possable. he thinks that it will make it and the front end a little stronger as they will support each other. BTW Jay is my Friend Jason. He is one of the best body men in Colorado with 8 years of body work. He worked for another friend Gary of Garys Autobody in Stratton Colorado. Gary has 40 some years in the line of work and does some of the best body work I have ever seen. They are no Hacks.

[This message has been edited by 88_Fiero_2M4 (edited 08-06-2007).]

88_Fiero_2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2007 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88_Fiero_2M4Send a Private Message to 88_Fiero_2M4Direct Link to This Post
Well as it goes my GT has reached a point of no return. It now has a big hole in the hood.

Jay said he should have the scoop glassed in sometime this week if he can find the time.

And if I can Ever get Ausfiero to respond and start to makeing me a set of Stage 2 scoops these would go great with them (Thanks Skitime For the great idea)

The Reason we cut the Scoop in half was it was not Squared up right. Everything was out of alignment and Jay decided the best way to fix it was to cut it in half and shave some areas out of it. Another save I found by reading what skitime had to do with his. I am glad I have your thread to read from. Its helping more then you could know.
88_Fiero_2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2007 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88_Fiero_2M4Send a Private Message to 88_Fiero_2M4Direct Link to This Post

88_Fiero_2M4

1312 posts
Member since Jan 2004
I also forgot to mention that I found a Fiero with a sun roof and this one is getting it transplanted on to it.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2007 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post
A bump to keep it out of the archives
88_Fiero_2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2007 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88_Fiero_2M4Send a Private Message to 88_Fiero_2M4Direct Link to This Post
Thanks
88_Fiero_2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2008 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88_Fiero_2M4Send a Private Message to 88_Fiero_2M4Direct Link to This Post
Well A small Update to my Build. I now have a set of Stage Two Scoops thanks to Wiccontoy. I will be able to paint in the next month and will update on the pictures.
PFF
System Bot
The_Stickman2

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2008 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The_Stickman2Click Here to visit The_Stickman2's HomePageSend a Private Message to The_Stickman2Direct Link to This Post
I like it alot. But be forewarned that with these types of spoilers it is much harder to get in and out of parking lots. I have the same prolem with my IMSA because of the chin spoiler. Not only are they lower but they stick out farther. So if you are going into a lot your chin spoiler meets the incline first. Same thing happens exiting. The spoiler will dip down first before your tires get there to raise the nose. For this reason I am not glassing the spoiler in so I can remove it and repair it whenever needed. Again the car is coming along nicely.

------------------
My sites
http://the-stickman.tripod.com

http://www.youtube.com/TheStickman

88_Fiero_2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2008 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88_Fiero_2M4Send a Private Message to 88_Fiero_2M4Direct Link to This Post
Mine is already Glassed on. So I will just have to be very carefull. I thought about it and will have to really keep it in mind when I drive anywhere. Curbs will be a nightmare as well.
88_Fiero_2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2008 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88_Fiero_2M4Send a Private Message to 88_Fiero_2M4Direct Link to This Post
Here are a few more pictures of the project. I will try to get a few of the latest, He has mounted the Hood scoop and I also got my Stage Two scoops to him and he is going to install them as well.

Here is the picture of the front fasia with the Front spoiler Added and glassed on.

Here is a picture of the Cowl piece back togeather and glassed ready for fitting.

The opening in the hood all glassed and ready for operation.

Top of the hood with opening and grooves for the scoop cut in and ready for mounting.

Since these pictures have been taken Jay has mounted the hood scoop and glassed it in. I dont have pictures of that yet as he has been busy with a few of his own projects one namly his bathroom remodeled. He said that he was going to get back to my car this weekend but I havent called him to see if he did. I havent been pushing him as his wife to be is in school to become a nurse and he has to watch his kid when she isnt home.
Macs86GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2008 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTDirect Link to This Post
Nice work man, its coming along. I want to put a hood vent on as well. I never thought of using the corvette styled hood like that. Have you and the family settled on a color yet, or is that debate still raging, like trying to get a room full of people to agree on pizza toppings
88_Fiero_2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2008 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88_Fiero_2M4Send a Private Message to 88_Fiero_2M4Direct Link to This Post
Yes I have settled on what colors it will be painted but I will be keeping that to myself untill its done You guys will all have a nice supprise when I post pictures of it when the paint work is finished.
88_Fiero_2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2008 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88_Fiero_2M4Send a Private Message to 88_Fiero_2M4Direct Link to This Post
Well I picked up a set of Aus Stage 2 scoops and they will be on my GT. My friend has been working on a Mustang of his own so my car has been set aside for a while. Besides that my other hobbies have taken there toll on my cash reserve all though I haven't touched my savings. It may be done painted by this fall. After all the cosmetic work is done then I will switch over to the mechanical side of the work which I plan to start from the bottom up. New Wheels, Brakes and Suspension will be next.
I will also be working on the interior as I have a really good idea on what I want to do with it, One of our club members makes the Bezels out of Aircraft Aluminum and I thought that would be a good start.
Well not much more going on other then that. Sorry that this has been very slow but I hope to get on it soon.
88_Fiero_2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2008 08:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88_Fiero_2M4Send a Private Message to 88_Fiero_2M4Direct Link to This Post
My new Wheels, 18 inch

sabooo

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2008 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for saboooSend a Private Message to saboooDirect Link to This Post
Those wheels are awesome! Be sure to show us pics when you get em installed.
88_Fiero_2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2008 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88_Fiero_2M4Send a Private Message to 88_Fiero_2M4Direct Link to This Post
I Wish this was going faster but this is being done on my friends spare time when he isnt working on projects of his own. Maby this winter it will pickup and be done.
IVANNATINKLE

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2009 02:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IVANNATINKLESend a Private Message to IVANNATINKLEDirect Link to This Post
bump for updates?
PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock