PIP Question by Larryh86GT
Started on: 04-04-2009 09:19 AM
Replies: 17
Last post by: josef644 on 04-08-2009 08:44 PM
Larryh86GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2009 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTDirect Link to This Post
Trying to post on PIP this morning and getting the username and password question. Tried with: images2009@ppf.hostkansas.com and images2009 but doesn't work. Getting a headache again. Help....

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Larryh86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2009 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTDirect Link to This Post
Just tried again. It accepted 1 picture for posting and asked for username and password on the 2nd pic. ???
Arns85GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2009 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTDirect Link to This Post
I use http://www.myfiero.com/imagehost.php

It is glitch free so far. Hope this helps.

Arn
Larryh86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2009 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTDirect Link to This Post
Ok, can you help the computer challenged? You browse, choose a picture, then click send. Then what? How does it post here??
Thanks,
Larry

------------------

Larryh86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2009 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTDirect Link to This Post

Larryh86GT

1757 posts
Member since Jan 2008
Ok, problem was pics were over 100KB. Got the MYFIERO.COM down ok now. Still would like to use PIP if I could solve it.
topcat

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2009 07:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatDirect Link to This Post
PIP errors out when I try to load and use it on my new computer - I've been using photobucket instead.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2009 09:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post

Start PIP by choosing it from the Start Menu
Click the New button
In the Automatic Configuration Field, type:
https://www.fiero.nl/fieroforum.pip
Click the Get button

Try that to see if the current one is messed up.
Larryh86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2009 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Jake, I started PIP up after I read your post and it is working fine now. I didn't do anything different so I don't think it's me.
Larry
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2009 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
I think the host may change the password when he does maintenance, you may have just had bad timing.

[This message has been edited by Jake_Dragon (edited 04-05-2009).]

sjmaye

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2009 06:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sjmayeSend a Private Message to sjmayeDirect Link to This Post
Try to get the PIP thing working. Using photobucket works until someone decides to delete the photo from photobucket. Then it disappears from the post. Really annoying. Hosting the photos at Pennocks means they will stay with your posts.

I use PIP all the time without issue. The main issue to keeping the photo below 100K. I use this

http://www.microsoft.com/wi...tips/eschelman2.mspx

Free download. allows you to right click on any photo and resize it. In fact, when using PIP you can select the photo and see if it is over 100K. if it is you can right click and resize it while in the PIP photo selection dialog box. A resized photo will be made and you can select it immediately. I use these app all the time.

I use 640x480 all the time as it is the largest photo that stays below the 100K threshold.

Larryh86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2009 06:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the info sjmaye. My PIP is working fine now but I will give this a try.
Larry
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2009 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sjmaye:

I use 640x480 all the time as it is the largest photo that stays below the 100K threshold.

That's not quite true. An image can be much wider and still be below the 100K threshold depending on compression. (Actually, you can also get away with using images up to about 125K with PIP.)

However, it's really appreciated by those of us running screen sizes of 1024x768 (non wide-screen monitors) if images are no wider than 800 pixels. Anything wider used in a thread screws up the entire thread and requires scrolling back and forth and back and forth to read the posts. It's REALLY a nuisance!

Below is an image 800 pixels wide...

sjmaye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2009 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sjmayeSend a Private Message to sjmayeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick: That's not quite true. An image can be much wider and still be below the 100K threshold depending on compression. (Actually, you can also get away with using images up to about 125K with PIP.)

Patrick you are correct. Lots of things go in to what makes the size of the photo. I was just trying to keep what I was saying simple. I can say that XP Power Toy Resizer is really the best thing going to use along with PIP. I can right click on almost any photo (again simplified) resize to 640x480 and it posts fine .

My main point was image hosting by Pennocks is better for everyone. I really struggle when I finally found a thread I was researching only to find the images gone becuase the thread poster deleted them on Photobucket etc.

[This message has been edited by sjmaye (edited 04-07-2009).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2009 02:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

My main point was image hosting by Pennocks is better for everyone. I really struggle when I finally found a thread I was researching only to find the images gone becuase the thread poster deleted them on Photobucket etc.

I agree with that 100% !!!

sjmaye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2009 05:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sjmayeSend a Private Message to sjmayeDirect Link to This Post
With the XP Powertoys Photo Resizer mentioned above you can do your photo resizing WITH PIP. As a further aid as to how easy it is to use PIP and photo resizing I have done some screen shots here.

No surprise, this is PIP when first loaded up.

After clicking "Browse" I go to select a photo. A mouseover shows the size to be 452KB. Too big need so it needs to be resized below the 100KB threshold.

No need to go open another program to resize. While the PIP OPEN dialog box is still open simply RIGHT click on the thumbnail and select RESIZE PICTURES

Next, pick your size and click OK. Note: Under advanced you can set to any size you want other than these presets.

Now, still in the same PIP OPEN dialog box the newly created file has been added at the bottom. You can't see it in the photo, but the file nam is the same as before, but (small) was added on the end to denote the resized image.

Please note the Photo Resizing from right clicking is part of the XP Powertoy Photo Resizer I posted the link to above.

Doing it this way, IMHO, is the best of both worlds. Easy resizing and still hosted on Pennocks.

[This message has been edited by sjmaye (edited 04-08-2009).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2009 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

What's under the Advanced button? Is that where you could change the compression?

sjmaye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2009 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sjmayeSend a Private Message to sjmayeDirect Link to This Post
The advanced button allows you to set the picture size to any size you like instead of the pre-select sizes shown. There is no settings for compression. I am only guessing no change is made to compression. And as I say, I am guessing.
josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2009 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
My PIP quit working Sunday, and I have not been able to get ti to work again. I have uninstalled it, and installed it a second time with the same problem. It is timing out.
Nevermind, I did a restart, and all is well now

[This message has been edited by josef644 (edited 04-08-2009).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock